[✗] [Potion] Nims' Babbling Unction

Gnomemancy

Spoiler

This is a previously accepted piece of potion lore that was created by myself some time ago. The post in which the lore was accepted was moved to an outdated archive so I figured I should repost it.

Old Post

Nims' Babbling Unction

8I3dXOVnG741up7h1DHZ4tvs41DOMEA1ALx-zL5H32UiVRbHJ8pFF4iDGDgGpXEMDDzolDBpR4GkxwpzDxD640C3kb6YnqLvr6xM2lUR2rdc8VLRgxX9bfLAHlJBv4TtW3FryQ3H

Fire Potion by ArtLanding

“The gallant tongue as I call it.” Beros raised a small tongue-shaped bottle to his student, its off-gold glow being radiated about the room by candlelight. “This tiny vial contains my most wild creation, aside from that nonsense work with regeneration I once attempted. A few drops on the tongue of friend or foe will render them as daft as a pig. While having no effect on cognitive ability, the victim or jokester annointed is unable to produce any coherent remarks for a day at most. They will prance about, fat-lipped, mouth full of saliva, babbling all sort of nonsensical mambo-jumbo until they grow tired of their attempts. ” Beros would slowly lower the vial, thinking back to his earlier days “It can also be used on wives.” he’d chuckle, moving on to his next creation.

Description & Effects:

Spoiler

Nims’ Babbling Unction is mostly sought after by crooks and jesters alike for its ability to cause the consumer extreme disorder in their speech. Once applied the oil begins to cause the mouth to over salivate creating difficulty while talking. After the initial stage of over-salivation, the user’s tongue would swell and shake about in their mouth further complicating the user’s ability to talk. Lastly the user would notice their lips would  increasingly become difficult to move. The effects of this oil could persist for a varied amount of time usually subsiding after a day from last consumption. This is one oil that one would not wish to be anointed with.

Recipe:

Spoiler

Base: Lard

-2x Impediment

- 2x Rigidity

- 1x Lethargy

-1x Silence

Creation:

Spoiler

(( Below is the accurate OOC and RP method of creation published in the Ordo Brevium-Vulgares Alchimia, a widely accessible text for those with knowledge of Flexio. Creation takes one OOC hour at minimum with heavy emotes present. This is afterall a creation intended to be used in a heavy roleplay environment. A renamed flower pot can be employed following creation to display one’s efforts visually.))

Nims’ Babbling Unction is best brewed in a sterile environment as the volatile nature of the oil before it is complete lends to many a fire with the addition of sediment or improper reagents. Be vigilant to utilize unblemished vessels for creation, wash away all muck or residue, and keep clear from all iniquitous onlookers who might use this oil against you or interrupt your work. 

Firstly, after all of the cleaning preparation is set into effect and executed, begin by filling the cauldron of creation with a quantity of one full amphora of lard. Allow the lard to lightly warm under a steady fire with minimal fluctuations in temperature. Be sure to stir the lard about as it will most likely be full of clusters of hard, dried substance before purification. After the lard is heated be sure to purify it employing all of the usual methods until one receives an oil of a faint hue with moderate translucence.  

After our base is perfected in accord with those methods standard to the noble art, we then turn to the preparation of our reagents. Due to the density of the base employed in this work all reagents utilized but not herein enumerated or specified must be crushed in a mortar and pestle into fine powders and extracted liquids respectively. Be vigilant to not allow any mixation prior to the addition of reagents into the cauldron. Let the reagents be crushed in the order of convenience and then added to the solution in the order of Air, Earth, Fire, and Water symbols. All reagents added should not exceed ten Minim in quantity each compared to the initial volume of the lard base.

Lastly, one must allow the lard to stew within the cauldron with a steady increase of heat on the hour until all reagents are visibly dissolved. Thereafter, the oil produced must be cooled and assessed by its clarity. If a gold-hue is reached that does not flame with the addition of milk- to be tested in small samples- be content, for the concoction was a success. If, however, smoke appears, discard the oil and repeat these steps, paying better attention to the rules herein described.  

REDLINES 

- Nim’s Babbling Unction is only to be made as a thick oil, similar to Nard.

- Dilution of the oil in drinks is possible, yet uncommon as the unction loses all effects after anything greater than a 50/50 dilution. In order to maintain effects, addition to drinks alone is permitted.*

- Creation takes at least one hour of heavily-emoted RP with preparation.

- Similar to Priocain, this unction’s duration is time restrictive and will only last up to one OOC day.

- No effects on combat can be produced by the oil unless the attack method is verbal assault. 

I believe something similar already exists in the general potions index

31 minutes ago, Sorcerio said:

To avoid future confusion, the core potion index can be found here.

48 minutes ago, Sorcerio said:

6 minutes ago, Mojo said:

To avoid future confusion, the core potion index can be found here.

Yes! There is a modified copy of my original potion in the index. The description given there is too ambiguous about the creation of the oil and its addition to food and drink among other things. The oil should not be added to food that would render it useless. However, it can be added to drink as long as it is in equal parts. The recipe in the index is also skewed from the original, it does require different quantities and symbols than those given to produce the given effects in the spirit of equivalent exchange. Another important RP aspect is that the consistency and color are different in the index log. This is important to keep in mind as the unction is meant to be visible if added to drinks, there would be an off appearance if half of one’s drink has sludge floating atop it. This clarification serves to rewrite the potion given there and stress the original appearance and use of the concoction.

18 hours ago, PuritanPope said:

Yes! There is a modified copy of my original potion in the index. The description given there is too ambiguous about the creation of the oil and its addition to food and drink among other things. The oil should not be added to food that would render it useless. However, it can be added to drink as long as it is in equal parts. The recipe in the index is also skewed from the original, it does require different quantities and symbols than those given to produce the given effects in the spirit of equivalent exchange. Another important RP aspect is that the consistency and color are different in the index log. This is important to keep in mind as the unction is meant to be visible if added to drinks, there would be an off appearance if half of one’s drink has sludge floating atop it. This clarification serves to rewrite the potion given there and stress the original appearance and use of the concoction.

Maybe instead of adding an entirely separate potion, we could collapse both Babbling Concoction & Nim’s Babbling Unction into one potion with two recipes? You are saying that you wrote the original lore for Nim’s Babbling Unction, so I agree that I would rather the piece of lore for the Babbling Concoction be changed or expanded for the original RP item. 

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.