8.0 Transfer

VonAulus

Wow, Amazing work as always Grool. I cannot wait to see this progress further! 

so aegro will become the new malinor because snelves/welves and delves don’t have a place

based

Nice. Excited for the Process™

I am high key and low key ready for this. PUMPED for the new map

13 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

so aegro will become the new malinor because snelves/welves and delves don’t have a place

based

A breeze rolls through....... 

Only giving one nation slot for the elves is a really bad take, and we say this as the representative of the nation who’s getting the spot.

RPly it makes very little sense for the dark elves, high elves and snow elves to magically want to live with the Wood Elves & Almenodrim all of a sudden, and there are unresolved tensions in RP that would make things very chaotic. We may all have pointed ears & have the same racial curse but in function, the Elves have been 4 different races for years, with incredibly different cultures & political leanings. Furthermore our architecture styles are so massively different: How will we incorporate high elf silver towers, wood elf primal forests, dark elf fungus caves and a snow elven ARCTIC TUNDRA in tile? By biology/worldbuilding alone it already makes no sense.

While I think it is possible for the elves to be united again by some sort of political confederation some day, forcing us all into one city OOCly is a very bad look and I hope the admins reconsider.

EDIT: another issue I thought of after writing this post: If nations who are getting tiles are expected to maintain their current activity to KEEP their tile going into the next map, then our leaders will be pressured to work overtime and burn themselves out. It is very easy for people to become too obsessed with LOTC and turn their mineman nation into their full time job. Anyone who has ever nation led can attest to this.

Edit again: I’ve been mildly misinformed, since the high elves are getting their own place. That’s on me I didn’t read the post right. The rest kinda still stands though

Edited by SiramenorGlade

Neat

4 minutes ago, SiramenorGlade said:

Only giving one nation slot for the elves is a really bad take, and we say this as the representative of the nation who’s getting the spot.

RPly it makes very little sense for the dark elves, high elves and snow elves to magically want to live with the Wood Elves & Almenodrim all of a sudden, and there are unresolved tensions in RP that would make things very chaotic. We may all have pointed ears & have the same racial curse but in function, the Elves have been 4 different races for years, with incredibly different cultures & political leanings. Furthermore our architecture styles are so massively different: How will we incorporate high elf silver towers, wood elf primal forests, dark elf fungus caves and a snow elven ARCTIC TUNDRA in tile? By biology/worldbuilding alone it already makes no sense.

While I think it is possible for the elves to be united again by some sort of political confederation some day, forcing us all into one city OOCly is a very bad look and I hope the admins reconsider.

Well, there are two primary Elven groups = Aegrothond and the Highelves. Plus Druids are primarily made up of Elves. In addition to that, more groups will have the ability to get land, it just will not be part of the prebuild proncess. As well as with more land being given to the prebuild nations, they will have to ability to bring other groups along with them.

I am not excited for this map change. I hope Talons Grotto somehow makes it through.

Also, should the elves all be put under Aegrothond, it’s going to be a ******* civil war man. I’m telling you there will be chaos and people are going to hate the staff team for it.

Trying to OOCly force a new Malinor isn’t going to work. You’re driving a player base into a less then optimal situation here.