8.0 Transfer

VonAulus

Here’s hoping I play LoTC again when the new map opens...

2 hours ago, Fishy said:

8c9a3ba3585a4d82d052277ac85dc22a-png.jpg

c’mon, at least make it a round ten

ten for ten breaking my balls here

yo... kaedrin?

curious how/when this activity data was taken. is it just from one week, is it an average over multiple weeks, etc. (it’s an average over 5 months sorry I can’t read. idk what it is but these decisions make me mad, they seem mechanical and arbitrary)

guarantee you in the time it takes for the next map to come out one of these groups will go inactive.

17 minutes ago, howard said:

yo... kaedrin?

curious how/when this activity data was taken. is it just from one week, is it an average over multiple weeks, etc.

guarantee you in the time it takes for the next map to come out one of these groups will go inactive

Steadily increasing over the past few months, actually.

10 hours ago, I_Own_A_Cat said:

I am not excited for this map change. I hope Talons Grotto somehow makes it through.

Also, should the elves all be put under Aegrothond, it’s going to be a ******* civil war man. I’m telling you there will be chaos and people are going to hate the staff team for it.

Trying to OOCly force a new Malinor isn’t going to work. You’re driving a player base into a less then optimal situation here.

they had less than 3%, below nation requirements. if they had more activity, sure. 

plus it’s haelun’or and aegrothond, so youve got the high elves with a place and the other elves with a place. right at the start of the map, other nations/charters will be able to get land, as grool said. so it’s not like they wont get land at the start of the map. take a look at his reply here:

image.png

Mynebor is missing from that list... 

55 minutes ago, Areon said:

Steadily increasing over the past few months, actually.

yeah that’s the concern I was trying to raise, anyone who actually goes to Kaedrin would notice immediately that a concerted effort is being made to raise activity. depending on which week you sample from, they beat some of the lower-end nations on the list. if you beat the lowest activity number you should get added while the nation you’ve eclipsed should get kicked off.

(or y’know, we could stop competing for readings of this nonsense activity plugin, and resolve the matter of who gets land next map in roleplay)

7 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

I don’t see Kaedrin.

good

1 hour ago, howard said:

yeah that’s the concern I was trying to raise, anyone who actually goes to Kaedrin would notice immediately that a concerted effort is being made to raise activity. depending on which week you sample from, they beat some of the lower-end nations on the list. if you beat the lowest activity number you should get added while the nation you’ve eclipsed should get kicked off.

(or y’know, we could stop competing for readings of this nonsense activity plugin, and resolve the matter of who gets land next map in roleplay)

Activity checks are stupid, will always be stupid, and have always been stupid. They treat all activity as if it is the same, thus forcing groups to focus on quantity over quality. When used to consolidate RP in a select few locations, it forces nonsensical vassalizations and cohabitations that would not happen in roleplay normally.

Honestly, instead of making lists of groups able to start with land on a new map, we should just have it be a free for all (perhaps in freebuild or something) where combat, diplomacy, economic arrangements, and managerial skills determines who gets what and how. After things have settled down a bit, then regions/tiles or whatever can be given to large settlements that’d suffer from griefing without a region.

1 hour ago, howard said:

I mean considering we’ve been at this for over five months I can assure you that isn’t the case. We’ve been steadily increasing due the environment being provided. Squash beef, provide good rp, chill in the vibes. Kaedrin’s going to be fine regardless but it would be nice to have the progress we’ve made acknowledged formally y know?

1 hour ago, methuselahs said:

I mean considering we’ve been at this for over five months I can assure you that isn’t the case. We’ve been steadily increasing due the environment being provided. Squash beef, provide good rp, chill in the vibes. Kaedrin’s going to be fine regardless but it would be nice to have the progress we’ve made acknowledged formally y know?

you guys are active and should get land that’s what I was tryna say

activity naturally fluctuates and it’s mad unfair to take a random snapshot in time (whether it’s 5 months or 1 week, sorry I can’t read) to say “these 5 groups are active & deserve prebuilds, every other group doesn’t make the cut”

the activity plugin is not capable of predicting who will be active in an entirely new location in a new map. remember fenn and gladewynn lol? or llyria being #1 settlement on the map? it’s basically a rule that nations die randomly during transition, so it’d be much better to make the land grab an actual event that encourages people to take an active role in settling the new map 

1 hour ago, howard said:

you guys are active and should get land that’s what I was tryna say

activity naturally fluctuates and it’s mad unfair to take a random snapshot in time (whether it’s 5 months or 1 week, sorry I can’t read) to say “these 5 groups are active & deserve prebuilds, every other group doesn’t make the cut”

the activity plugin is not capable of predicting who will be active in an entirely new location in a new map. remember fenn and gladewynn lol? or llyria being #1 settlement on the map? it’s basically a rule that nations die randomly during transition, so it’d be much better to make the land grab an actual event that encourages people to take an active role in settling the new map 

amen brother

Looking forward for the new updates, excited about the information we have received as of yet. 

Same **** different year, but I appreciate the effort to be transparent. There’s always going to be outliers who are upset with the decisions made because they didn’t make the cut. That’s life. No avoiding it.