Tutorial Series - Part 2 - Editing Items and Soulbinds

LotsOfMuffins

Header-6.png?width=1440&height=441Part 2 – Editing Items

yYufq6hWjQGRlRnS7Z5sgLrnpNp-eto9o8T3VTGQ

INTRODUCTION

Once again, the Projects FG has come out with another script, which was then moved to the Content Creation Team for voiceovers and video editing. This time, they wrote a script on how to edit items, which was edited and revised by me, sent to @FIXER957 to voice record, then finally sent to @Tykeandy to edit together! For more information on how this process works and such, please take a look at part 1 here: 

-OYbgYdhpksuTSyoA954puMPRzngjm0lNM-Sblz8

EDITING ITEMS AND SOULBINDS

The second video in this series is all about edit tokens! In this video, we touch on how to get tokens, all that you can do with edit tokens, how to use Soulbinds, how to get Soulbinds, and the two different types of Soulbinds. Currently, our shops tutorial script is complete, and it the voiceover is being recorded. As soon as it’s done, we’ll be working on that, so hopefully you’ll see it as part 3 of this series soon! Other scripts in the making include how to create a persona. Future scripts include how to use Soulstones and staff req’s. 

If you have any feedback or any ideas for future videos, either in this series or not, please feel free to leave a comment. 

Find the finished editing items and Soulbinds tutorial here: 

-OYbgYdhpksuTSyoA954puMPRzngjm0lNM-Sblz8

CREDITS

Script: @AnonymousAlexa, @camocat9, @HogoBojo, @LotsOfMuffins, and @snoopie12

Voiceover: @FIXER957

Footage: @Tykeandy

Graphics: @Tykeandy

Editing: @Tykeandy

Guest Star(s): @cap, @HogoBojo, and @LotsOfMuffins

1K2PKIWIL30aRvc4HsbK_X1xk31pUOLDsrHLgkzJ

ejZWvprKIHmMzVcfZxQMA-xZaEVP9Uc3q5ZXURU6

Good job!

I love the video style!

Pretty good! I think the music choice is a good fit.

A slight criticism is that the introduction does not show a diverse enough slice of the server. It only shows High Elves, Humans, and Sutica. Maybe consider adding in a shot of Krugmar or Urguan. I know that you can’t show much without making the introduction too long, but it would be appreciated nontheless.

Just like how the Home page should probably be edited to include Orcs in it, these tutorial videos should try and show as much of the server as possible.

On another note, this is considered to be Part One of the series, but wasn’t the last tutorial video also Part One? I think that might be a typo.

7 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

A slight criticism is that the introduction does not show a diverse enough slice of the server. It only shows High Elves, Humans, and Sutica. Maybe consider adding in a shot of Krugmar or Urguan. I know that you can’t show much without making the introduction too long, but it would be appreciated nontheless.

Yeah, we don’t really have enough time to include those places. It’s already, like, 30 seconds. However, we have footage from every nation and a couple of charters, including charters that represent races not represented in nations, so you will see some footage of Krugmar or Urguan in there. Also, Urguan is at the end of the intro! The lava area, that’s in Urguan. 

Just like how the Home page should probably be edited to include Orcs in it, these tutorial videos should try and show as much of the server as possible.

The home page is being reworked to be more diverse and up-to-date already, so don’t worry, this will be fixed. And as stated above, the tutorial videos do include footage from everywhere, just we can’t fit everything into the intro!

On another note, this is considered to be Part One of the series, but wasn’t the last tutorial video also Part One? I think that might be a typo.

25 minutes ago, LotsOfMuffins said:

Part 2 – Editing Items

I am a bit confused on where the typo is. Can you point it out?

Edit: Found the typo! Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback!

4 minutes ago, LotsOfMuffins said:

I am a bit confused on where the typo is. Can you point it out?

Edit: Found the typo! Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback!

The typo is on the YouTube video itself. It still says it’s part one.

Awesome tutorial,  awesome editing and awesome voice over 👍

Though since you mentioned it I was wondering, is there really any difference between player signed and staff signed items other than their likely change in value and all?

Also I've seen some player approved items with different symbols surrounding the "Player Approved" text, rather than the two '•' or defeault symbols... if you wouldn't mind explaining what that was all about as well it'd be appriciated.

Though in any case, nice work! Can't wait for the next one.

A gm warning for 17 pugsies? this man must be orenian.

18 hours ago, GoodGuyMatt said:

Though since you mentioned it I was wondering, is there really any difference between player signed and staff signed items other than their likely change in value and all?

Well...

Mod-approved items are typically warnings, ST-approved items are typically some sort of lore item or obtained from an event, Admin-approved items are typically just for kicks though can also be warnings or notices, CT-approved items are typically from community events, and Tech-approved items are typically for kicks but can be for something else.