[✓] [World Lore] Moz Strimoza and the Inferi

The King Of The Moon

so proud 🤍 +1

6 hours ago, The King Of The Moon said:

Zezimar - Seraphs

Great lore piece, only curious thought I really had was the reasoning behind the use of the word ‘Seraph’ – is there any particular reason?

I enjoy the lore, though the Naztherak have always confused me as to where they actually come from. So to that end and for the sake of argument I decided to go back through the creation lore to double check what actually is Iblee’s realm. As I wasn’t sure if it was entirely different plane of existence or what. I now have come to an understanding myself of how this works (or how it might work) But it would probably be better addressed outright.

This is the running lore description of Iblee’s personal domain drawn from Benboboy and the Creation lore posted by Flamboyant:

b26fa1c9621cb2b1b94a58e3fac50157.png

34ecee0124c43c3dc793baaa6bf09968.png

Thus the running and current canon for Iblee’s realm is of course: (for clarity purposes, not informative ones I’m aware y’all know the lore) That Iblees did not have his own realm to begin, and that when he ascended upon the Mortal Plane he created his own realm deep within the physical world known explicitly as the Nether. What needs to be made clear then is how this current definition fits into this new piece that has been created.

The language is primarily the thing that makes this notion a problem, that problem being that: The lore directly opposes the prior approved establishment on the subject. The thing that displays this the most clearly being this passage right here:

5d6594e6aab8d2381e23a397c6ec152b.png

At the same time however, the references made in describing the world go in the opposite direction, which creates confusion as to the actual goal of the piece. We have two ideas here that actively in opposition to each other:

9d6684983434f5c448419f15e54c033f.png

This notion that Moz Strimoza is not the Nether itself; but a patchwork of realms taken by Iblees and attached to the Nether. Yet in opposition it is also expressed that all these realms are just attached to this Moz Strimoza which is the core itself:

c5136c7ba10655f46cd0bfc04455fdcc.png

db6e6bf3eaf8f1c2c71ab8b0464196b1.png

The result is something all too unclear when really digging into what these places are and the significance of them as places within the world. It’s confusing terminology and I think in order for the piece to truly be complete it has to be specified (maybe at the beginning). That A: the entire realm is like Outworld (Mortal Kombat) where every plane conquered is amalgamated as one big conglomerate known by many names (High Hells, Moz Strimoza, the Nether, etcetera.😞

Outworld is a large and often hostile realm of varying landscapes, owing to its nature as a composite realm encompassing an unknown amount of conquered and merged realms.

c99587be36fc7b2df56c3dcfd600c9c7.jpg

OR this, specify that Iblee’s realm at the center of this Moz Strimoza periphery is the Nether itself, which is linked to these conquered realms and sewn together by this blood magic referenced in travel there. (Like the Twisting Nether from WOW, or from DOOM Eternal:

Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal 

In the Doom Reboot series, Hell is described as a realm of pure chaos, unbounded by space, time and dimension that thrives on pain and suffering inflicted on other worlds.

TwistingNether_WoD.jpg

Because the previous pieces of Canon direct Iblee’s realm as being physically buried in the center of the world I would say it would HAVE to be something similar to Outworld where everything is merged to become a physically connected and composited world. Not just linked in space and time but physically part of the Nether itself. Ultimately this remains a problem with LOTC lore in generally basically things need to be reconciled in good spirit with other sects of coinciding lore or they need to completely separate all together.

Food for thought, continuity has always been a very important part of creative world building for me, particularly on a server where most of the lore is concocted by players.

Edited by methuselahs

On 7/19/2020 at 5:21 PM, letmeboombro said:

---

The Nether is a physical space deep, deep under Aegis on the Aos side. It’s the area Iblees chose to conquer and stake his claim in parallel to Aeriel who chose to ‘conquer’ (not the best word) and stake her claim on the Relative Center of Ebrietaes while, at the same time, having her own separate plane that, like Iblees’s, hasn’t been touched a whole lot. Moz Strimoza =/= the Nether.

Moz Strimoza first came about in the Gifts of the Red Prince lore which laid the groundwork for this and the mention of it being Iblees’s original plane isn’t a stretch. That said, there is more lore relevant to this post (a full deity piece for Iblees and patron piece for Ixris) that has yet to be released by the ST which would illuminate some things but I am not sure when they will release it or what parts will be backfacing (hidden for event inclusion, essentially scrubbed of spoilers, most notably for Ixris).

2 hours ago, Zarsies said:

The Nether is a physical space deep, deep under Aegis on the Aos side. It’s the area Iblees chose to conquer and stake his claim in parallel to Aeriel who chose to ‘conquer’ (not the best word) and stake her claim on the Relative Center of Ebrietaes while, at the same time, having her own separate plane that, like Iblees’s, hasn’t been touched a whole lot. Moz Strimoza =/= the Nether.

Moz Strimoza first came about in the Gifts of the Red Prince lore which laid the groundwork for this and the mention of it being Iblees’s original plane isn’t a stretch. That said, there is more lore relevant to this post (a full deity piece for Iblees and patron piece for Ixris) that has yet to be released by the ST which would illuminate some things but I am not sure when they will release it or what parts will be backfacing (hidden for event inclusion, essentially scrubbed of spoilers, most notably for Ixris).

That’s definitely it then. As without the context of how the Archdaemon actually got from ruling the Nether to Moz Strimoza isn’t explained and the question of where this place is just wouldn’t be clear for anyone who hasn’t been on the LT and also gone through a deep dive. It becomes a little hard to grasp otherwise, given what’s being done with prior lore.

As for who gets what plane, Ebrietaes is to Aeriel what the Nether is too Iblees. It isn’t a stretch to think he’d pick up and leave for somewhere else. But I think it is a bit of a bend to say the Nether wasn’t his first plane to begin with. The story of Iblees is very specific in his fall to the mortal plane and his subsequent confinement to the Nether itself. 

If the origins can be elaborated on a bit more with the reveal of that proposed deep-lore than it would solve everything really; just knowing that fills in things quite nicely.

Having gone from one to another is also kind of interesting too, given the implications of what might happen to his previous realm once it had been abandoned. If it can be explicitly stated at some point as to how he conquered / moved to this new realm that would probably be the icing on the cake.

Edited by letmeboombro

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.