Types of LOTCers

Nozgoth

On 7/31/2020 at 1:11 PM, Nozoa said:

The ROMANCE RPER

These roleplayers play a female human most of the time, sometimes playing a female wood elf. They can play other races, albeit, it's unlikely. They also tend to be nobles in some human place like Helena or Haense. Pretty much the only thing they do is romance or slice of life roleplay, then they proceed to tell all their fellow LOTCers about the romance rp they did last night.

The FAUX BOOMER

The Faux Boomer, who has been around for only a few years but still pretends they are super ancient. Constantly talks about things that happened a year or two ago like those were the golden days even though they really sucked. Is probably living through what they'll consider to be a golden age after a year has gone by, but still thinks that everything is worse regardless.

Damn this is EXTREMELY accurate. I’m these two for sure. I’d add this though:

The Mineman Politician

These players are usually humans and particularly can be found in Helena. They are constantly roleplaying political characters and somehow find it enjoyable to sit through mineman meetings and debates for 2+ hours. They often act and even believe as if they have governmental power, but really, they are just wasting their time.

This is like... spot on

im uncomfortable with the amount of accuracy that is flooding in this post...

@venclair the wood elf section of romance rper hit u on the nail bb gal

15 hours ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

Damn this is EXTREMELY accurate. I’m these two for sure. I’d add this though:

The Mineman Politician

These players are usually humans and particularly can be found in Helena. They are constantly roleplaying political characters and somehow find it enjoyable to sit through mineman meetings and debates for 2+ hours. They often act and even believe as if they have governmental power, but really, they are just wasting their time.

was thinking the same thing when I read the romance one like, I know someone who was like that.... LOL

A lot of the people I despise fall into either the Romance RPer, or the Military/Rank Goon.. 👀

LOL what do I fit in? I'm thinking boomer or faux boomer since I'm a 2014-15 applicant

The FOREIGN RPER

Usually found at extremely obscure timezones, often way behind the usual roleplaying hours from the main bulk of players. Due to playing in strange times they are regularly found scowering the nations in hopes they’ll find one that has 1 or 2 active citizens. Often times when they do find a populated time they are either too tired or have gotten up so early that their roleplay is simply irritating, either because of the slow writing of a non-english native speaker or the grammatical fallacies they commit. Still, there are many foreign RPER’s that have come to terms with their niche and fit in perfectly, albeit not being in the best timezone or having some discrepancies in their writing. 

Sometimes the characters they play reflect their nationality and idealistic beliefs, which sometimes leads them to become a FANATIC FOREIGN RPER, beware of those, because these players also engage in any active political discussion regarding their real life country!

That article is an art of profile reading lel

I think there should be an illatian roleplayer too, no?

I am as boomer as the old guy in a nursing home nursing an old soul love for Frank Sinatra.

There is also a sub-section of the boomers called blackpilled, and they were usually part of some shadow skypechat back in the day that did nefarious things, and now they still play, though they don’t know why and hate themselves for it. 

Don’t forget the Players who make “Tough, but caring, quiet, strong, never looses a fight, tall, muscular, great at everything, attractive, but doesn’t act like it...”  characters

Tbh am the boomer and faux boomer