Regarding Arcanism

squakhawk

image.png 

The Indefinite Shelving of Arcanism

Hello, Squak from Story Management here - The title of the post may be quite intimidating, but I’ll get down to brass tacks quick here.

Why shelf Arcanism?

Arcanism has been showing signs of wavering for some time - Chronically since the release of BNK’s write, has been the source of quite a few issues; found listed below.

-Arcanism is more Versatile than any other evocation, for no extra cost or additional detriment.

-Arcanism has no counter short of directly breaking connection, a staple in every voidal magic- aswell, immunity to some antimagics, and all form of wards.

-Arcanism is bloated, performing more than any evocation (or other magic for that matter), strictly for the purposes of combat

-Arcanism has no downside in combat beside “Inability to kill directly”, which may spawn wounds (such as broken bones) which may kill directly

-Undeniably the strongest, quickest to cast, and more versatile spells in lore, Arcanism offers little than being incredibly strong. 

-The most spread of any evocation (or voidal magic) by a longshot, in a numbers count leading over Fire Evocation (the second highest) by 10+ teachers - not even including MAs. 

After multiple loregames writes unsuccessful, and inable to follow most criteria- it was settled by Story Management, and Administration, that Arcanism in its core is plagued by these problems. By multiple sources (including the lore itself), Arcanism is meant to be stronger than any other evocation, strictly better than all- Evocations, in combat, being considered by many the best magics to have in such a scenario.

What about my Arcanism?

It certainly is unfair to have magic directly ripped away- I understand such, as someone who’s practiced both Bloodmagic and Electrical Evocation. However, I in full understand the necessity for those two magics- and I hope aswell it is made clear for Arcanism.

I will make it clear here, you are not left alone - Agreed upon by story management and administration, we are offering deals to make up for what was lost.

In exchange for linking an Arcanism MA that is currently accepted (and on a living character), one is free to learn an Evocation of their choice- Water, Earth, Air, or Fire, starting at day 1 of Tier 3. This is to prevent teaching something one may not know completely. These apps will act as self-teach apps, and players are expected to follow through with reading the lore and understanding their limitations.

This deal will only be active for Three Months, ending on October 30th. Past that, players will not be eligible for deals anymore.

FAQ - Please Read!

Q - How do I make this app?
A - Make an MA, and for your “Teacher” slot, link your old Arcanism MA.

Q - Will a self-taught MA of this magic make me ineligible for Evocation Altars?
A - No, it will not.

Q - What if I am just learning Arcanism, or am not T5?
A - Those with apps before June 26th (Meaning, they are below Tier 3) will not be grandfathered. Anyone Tier 3, 4, or 5 in Arcanism, will be grandfathered to an elemental evocation of choice at Tier 3.

Q - Will these self teach apps take longer than normal?
A - No, they will take standard time. (5 weeks to tier four, 6 additional weeks to tier five.)

Q - What if Arcanism returns?
A - Arcanism will not return under any circumstance, although magics taking themes or inspiration from Arcanism may (Such as Princeton and Kalehart’s Celestialism write, and BNK’s oncoming writes) - However, there will be no grandfather to these. Should by some means Arcanism be resubmitted and accepted, nobody will be grandfathered into the new write, save the writer and one of their choice.

Q - What if I do not want to take the deal? 

A - You do not have to if you do not want to.

Q - May I do this for multiple of my characters with Arcanism?
A - No

Q - What about my TA?
A - It will simply be denied. We are changing how TAs are done in the very near future as note.

Q - What if I have all four evocations already?
A - Please contact me.

Q - I am not confident or uncertain of this new magic I am doing. What do you advise?
A - Talk to a story member (Sorcerio and I will gladly help).

Q - What happens if I make a mistake? Like power/undergaming or making mistake in lore?
A - As stated, any and all resources are available - the lore, the guide, and ST of course. If you are unconfident in casting, you should spend some time reading and asking questions to gather some insight.

Q - So I can just begin casting my new magic?
A - To an extent, it is expected you practice it and familiarize yourself with the lore. People incorrectly performing lore is expected, however a close eye will be kept to make sure all are going through self teaching healthily. 

Q – What if I only have a TA? 
A – The TA is denied, simply put – inable to grandfather so.

Q – How would we change our magics from Arcanism to one of the other 4 elemental magics?
A – Make an MA and link your old Arcanism MA in the teacher slot of the new elemental MA. 

Q – What about my Arcanism Atronach? My limb? 
A – You may have it’s element switched. PM an ST to change it to one of choice. 

Q - I have additional questions !!
A - DM me on discord or forums pms. I’ll gladly help and add to this list.