Sign in to follow this  
BenevolentManacles

The Last Will and Testament of John d'Arkent

Posted (edited)

The Last Will and Testament

of John d’Arkent

B0p1psjTh4CkqfL6IDCORsPQYrTHkNjQvxggxO5bOVWhd0jLxM6gF9HYNPLv7M-ZJ00bbA-bZU7-lxqZFaM-4753K-Ujz_nrxeiNsLMYqesOqugdJSGuhY14_mFukyD5yB422awm

What a silly thing, to scribe what I have and disseminate it to my expansive clan in some way as if to say, this one gets this, and another gets this.  

<--------------------><--------------------><-------------------->

To my son and heir, Peter Baldwin,

Selm, and all within it, are yours. I also leave the medal I received as a veteran of the War of Two Emperors, and the cane that held up my weak bones for the last few years of my life. Do well with these, my son, my spirit will haunt you otherwise. I am eternally proud of you.

To my granddaughter, Mary Lucille,

To you, I give the Sigil of Saint Wilfriche. You will find the silver ring in my study, in a glass case. I wore this as the Empire’s Archchancellor. You are a most reverant servant of our Empire, as I once was. I hope you continue down this path, and resolve yourself to be, at least in part, the good pieces of me.

To my grandson, Joseph John,

To you, I give the lion’s armor I wore in the War of Two Emperors. You will find it in my study, between the two glass cases. It is an old suit, but I have kept it well. Not as fashionable as it perhaps once was, it will protect you all the same, though don’t wear it on duty. The General would not have it!

To the rest of my progeny,

There are simply too many of you to name, and offer individually; such is our House’s natural fertility! Instead, I will remind you of the jubilee that is life. Each time I see each of you, my heart lights up, for I know that the spirit of our family, of trust and love in each other and our fellow man, can never falter. You must remain united against the turmoils of the world, for as anarchy and chaos will always come, we, together, must resolve ourselves to link arms against it. You will argue, and frustrate each other, but always return home to each other's arms.

Sir John d’Arkent, KCHE

Duke of Sunholdt, Baron of Selm

Edited by BenevolentManacles

Mary P welcomes her old man to hell with a glass of port.

Mary Lucille rushed into the hall shortly after receiving news of the passing of her great grandfather. She sucked a bitter breath in as her hand clasped over her heart. “The old bat. GOD- How  will I keep my head straight without you.” she whispered to herself before tending to her children, husband and grieving father in law.

Sir Edward Galbraith would speak to his employees of the Ministry of the Interior "Today, we haven't just lost an orenian statesman that served many years in his post. Today, we have lost a friend, a husband, a father, who did his best for Our Country since he had the opportunity to do so until his last breath."

The young Minister of the Crown would then sign the following order: "Twenty-four saint hours of mourning are hereby decreed for the death of John d'Arkent. The Orenian Flag of the Imperial City of Helena will today fly at half mast."

Peter Baldwin clutches Sir John’s walking cane, he would sign the lorraine with his free hand, going to close his eyes as his father has passed.

After hearing news of his passing the old widow would sigh quietly as she nodded her head, already adorned in black.

“Well, I’ll never forget that pleasant evening he and I shared, it was very nice having someone to talk to about the older times, such a shame another great man from my age must fall..”

Erinan, the former bartender of Curon’s tavern, sucked in his breath softly, recalling John’s contributions towards Curon’s prosperity during Ester’s reign.

Spoiler

I wanted to post something as Matthias recalling the good times he had with d’Arkent back then... but considering he isn’t really in the seven skies, I can’t. Sorry, but even though sometimes we bickered oocly, Matthias considered John as a very close friend.

Minerva tilts her head simply, glancing up to her father with an uneasy expression. She'd sigh quietly, uttering the Young Knight's tale he had told her and her nieces on the night of his passing. She'd act out the story with simple home-made dolls whilst sitting in her mother's office. Surely, his tale will always be something special to the young lass.