[✗] [Racial Lore] Orcish Horns

Qizu

2 hours ago, BrandNewKitten said:

it’s a legit critique. If you have orcs with the same type of horns as azdrazi it’s weird. 

no.. not really...

The old horn lore has been in place since 2017.
Also in the azdrazi lore, it states that their horns are as follow,

“Lastly, the horns on Azdrazi vary in appearance but must abide by the same rules as their skin, being that they must remain a variation of red, black or gray, and additionally the familiar milky hue of bones.”

So you mean any horn shape would be wrong because they are “Azdrazi Horns” or?

6 hours ago, Qizu said:

no.. not really...

The old horn lore has been in place since 2017.
Also in the azdrazi lore, it states that their horns are as follow,

So you mean any horn shape would be wrong because they are “Azdrazi Horns” or?

I figured azdrazi horns were scaly & draconic looking. 

The first picture in this lore looks less like goat horns and more like draconic horns so I thought adding in some way to differentiate from Azdrazi horns would be necessary. 

I guess the vagueness of what qualifies as draconic type horns is a problem as well. 

The first picture in this lore looks less like goat horns and more like draconic horns so I thought adding in some way to differentiate from Azdrazi horns would be necessary. 

I guess the vagueness of what qualifies as draconic type horns is a problem as well. 

IDK man if there is an issue they can submit a lore revision to clarify on their lore on how their horns are, but orcs have had horns like this for years. It really isn’t that much of an issue. If you really want to focus on things being similar make a thread about mali’fenn and mali’aheral. Anyways TL;DR, horns are horns. Horns look like other horns because they are horns. They are the same word I really don’t know what else you want me to say to please you.

Ram Clan has had BONE HORN’s similar to a Ram the animal for years. Orc Horns are made of Bone.

Edited by StokedOff

1 hour ago, Qizu said:

IDK man if there is an issue they can submit a lore revision to clarify on their lore on how their horns are, but orcs have had horns like this for years. It really isn’t that much of an issue. If you really want to focus on things being similar make a thread about mali’fenn and mali’aheral. Anyways TL;DR, horns are horns. Horns look like other horns because they are horns. They are the same word I really don’t know what else you want me to say to please you.

mali’fenn ARE mali’aheral. It’s a culture plus cosmetic changes. That doesn’t need a thread nor is it relevant to this discussion. 

Don’t mistake my critique as me saying orcs shouldn’t have horns. I am well aware that they have existed for years. Orc Horns are cool. You are right though. It’s really a discussion between Azdrazi and this piece.

@Malaise thoughts?

4 hours ago, BrandNewKitten said:

mali’fenn ARE mali’aheral. It’s a culture plus cosmetic changes. That doesn’t need a thread nor is it relevant to this discussion. 

Don’t mistake my critique as me saying orcs shouldn’t have horns. I am well aware that they have existed for years. Orc Horns are cool. You are right though. It’s really a discussion between Azdrazi and this piece.

@Malaise thoughts?

It really isn’t Azdrazi have literally have no say on orc horns, our lore has been accepted since 2017. This is a REVISION post that added different types and a way of attaining horns.

I really think you will be fine if there are horns of the same shapes. If Saytrs are accepted shall they not have goat horns because orcs can? Are races not allowed to have the same body parts? I am quite confused at what your issue is here.

Oh and also your response in regards to them being the same race just with different culture, here is the racial lore.

Orc horns are cool. Unless every other orc suddenly began to appear with red horns, I wouldn’t think twice of them. 

Neat aesthetic.

Thank you for your concerns, @BrandNewKitten. Valid critique.

On 8/2/2020 at 2:17 PM, Qizu said:

The Crown of Horns is gifted to orcs who find themselves aligning with spirits typically associated with being “Taboo”. Some examples of these spirits can be Ikuras, Kor, or even Rolfizh. Those who find themselves with these types of horns may find themselves in questionable conversations in regards to which spirit they are devoted to. 

Ugrad kinda looks like he has the crown of horns uh oh

56 minutes ago, Pogmeister said:

Ugrad kinda looks like he has the crown of horns uh oh

They are crocodile teeth on his head, only orcs with horns currently are older orcs.

On 8/2/2020 at 3:02 PM, BrandNewKitten said:

It steps on the Azdrazi aesthetic a bit. Maybe clarify that dragon-azdrazi type horns are a no-no?

If your very special CA race’s only selling point is “you can have horns” you've failed as a writer. You can’t come up with a better premise, a better motivation to roleplay something, than having horns that other people can't have? God damn. 

6 hours ago, howard said:

If your very special CA race’s only selling point is “you can have horns” you've failed as a writer. You can’t come up with a better premise, a better motivation to roleplay something, than having horns that other people can't have? God damn. 

I don’t play Azdrazi.
Y’all are getting way too defensive about your horns. This is a public lore thread on the forums. Expect people to critique with the intention of helpIng rather than just giving you attitude on your lore because they feel like it. 

Azdrazi are playing a role in the server events right now so it isn’t weird that I brought them up here. You will get mistaken as them but Malaise isn’t worried about it so that is that. No big dealio. 

11 hours ago, BrandNewKitten said:

I don’t play Azdrazi.
Y’all are getting way too defensive about your horns. This is a public lore thread on the forums. Expect people to critique with the intention of helpIng rather than just giving you attitude on your lore because they feel like it. 

Azdrazi are playing a role in the server events right now so it isn’t weird that I brought them up here. You will get mistaken as them but Malaise isn’t worried about it so that is that. No big dealio. 

body.png?skin=f84c0b38dd81c389&model=classic&theta=-19&phi=5&time=158&width=600&height=800body.png?skin=b42da8daf033f75a&model=classic&theta=34&phi=3&time=170&width=600&height=800

I’ve been roleplaying as a horned orc for four real life years. Ram Clan has been had lore out for many years about our horns @anyone who has issues with the horns

https://gyazo.com/8053c69db48d9829efd0b6eea0927a67

https://gyazo.com/4ad8354a5c8c18e798b8811f65656ccc

https://gyazo.com/92bf80bc80371deda874aa4eb211e8b2

https://gyazo.com/4321b2e59e63f19c85d91e1f29a17299

Edited by StokedOff

On 8/3/2020 at 5:20 AM, BrandNewKitten said:

it’s a legit critique. If you have orcs with the same type of horns as azdrazi it’s weird. 

Dont azdrazi have a player being a living god? kinda weird. .