Sign in to follow this  
AnonymousAlexa

The Assassination Attempt of Sir Edward Galbraith

The Assassination Attempt of Sir Edward Galbraith

13th of the Amber Cold

Today, a tragic event took place within the Varoche Hall. The results of the Helena Mayoral Election had just been announced. Soon after, the incumbent Lady Mayor by the name of Elene Komnenos had fired a crossbow in an attempt on the Secretary of the Interior, Sir Edward Galbraith’s life. Fortunately, the bolt hit Sir Galbraith’s right hand, rather than a vital organ. In addition, the culprit was caught by the brave forces of the Imperial State Army who then hung the criminal. The Practitioner-General, Doctor Morgryn informed myself and Sir Galbraith’s younger brother, George Galbraith, that the wound would not be fatal. I release this statement to the public in order to ease tensions caused by this horrible crime. Rest assured that the situation is dealt with and done.

SIGNED, Angelika Bykov, Undersecretary of the Interior

“Indeed, the rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated, Madam Undersecretary” The Secretary of the Interior said to Angelika Bykov while resting on his bed in the hospital after Doctor Morgryn finished treating his injury. 

“The only tragic thing here is that it didn’t hit a vital organ” says Franz

“oh nooooooooo my hand!” repeats Philip with a chuckle, glad to have thrown the assassin down from above, saving Ed Galbraith.

Cole Roger chuckled to himself “well, I was not there but I will laugh about this more than anyone!”

Lieutenant Viktoriya sat alone next to the gallows, watching as Elene Komnenos – the woman she’d just hung – was carted off to be thrown into a shallow grave. Tears gathered inside her gaze, washed away by the rain as it pattered against her taut features, seeming to be silently mourning over her lifelong physician, and therapist – turned traitor, with a solemn expression. 

”May Godan have mercy upon her soul – And her children find solace.” 

Posted (edited)

Sergeant Galbraith would go to place yet another log on the fire located at the end of his office , moments later Sergeant Shadowsteel would knock on the door passing him a letter bearing the news of the assassination attempt on his brother in the capital ,he would offer Shadowsteel a firm nod as he would go to read it. Upon reading , Sergeant Galbraith would go to fetch a cigar from his pocket as he peered through a nearby window at the northern country-side “Bloody hell...”

Edited by 01wagwan