Teacher-App Revamp

squakhawk

8adc4679ce7aa4562b5e62c3847b6b90.jpg

Teacher Apps (TAs)

Hey, Squak from Management here – I’ve got some big changes to announce for TAs.

Teacher Apps have, in their current state, been around quite some time. As someone who has gotten three TAs myself, and soon more – I know the system is flawed.

While not groundshatteringly broken, TAs can be quite frustrating- through interview, to get, to consider. Given IC and OOC additions of stress, expectancies, and bureaucracy, it is daunting to even get your feet off the ground. 

Well, I have been cooking for some time a change to the system – minimal ST interference, optimal changes to the form. No more one day to one month wait times on magics common vs niche, no more interviews which may be difficult to schedule or time consuming. Here are the proposed changes just below.

The New System

Requirements:
Have Tier 5 (unless otherwise specified) in the Magic, CA, or unless otherwise applicable.

Process:
Submit a Teacher Application (TA).

FAQ

Q –  Wait.. that’s it..?
A – Yes! In the previous system, you had to have Tier 4 or 5, then submit an app, then go through interview, which then processed, and was accepted.

Q – So what is different?
A – A big one is no more teaching at Tier 4. Aswell, the cutting out of interviews is rather significant- leaving TAs significantly similar to MAs in how they are handled.

Q – Where is the vetting, then?
A – Teachers are still held just as accountable as before regarding them and their student’s roleplay and magic. Aswell, the TA-App is increased in it’s questioning quite substantially, which will deter and weed out anyone uninterested in teaching.

Q – Will this allow writing apps for others?
A – Absolutely not. Teaching is something the teacher must be willing to do and something that is their responsibility to fill out. There is severe repercussion for taking this action.

Q – When is this live?
A – Right now!

Q – What about my current App sitting?
A – Remake it. Copy and paste as you wish as it is your work. If you are a Tier 4 teacher-applicant (such will be checked), wait until Tier 5. I will give seven days (Until the 18th) to remake the app. This is for submitted applications, not pending or accepted applications. Merely if you have submitted your TA recently and not had it reviewed.

Q – Are there any resources I can use to help me or my student?
A – Absolutely! You may always pm an ST, Sreq, or ask in the Lore Discord for advice, aswell as fellow players. Every piece of TA-related lore has a Guide aswell which is accurate to it’s piece, and is good for getting examples and inspiration. Aswell, Malaise and I have worked on a short Teaching Guide for players to use when they are uncertain – found linked below.

This is good. It should’ve been like this a long time ago. While it’s going to end a lot of gate keeping which could prove bad, it’s proper to how it should realistically make sense imo. Puts more faith in the players too, so it’ll be a nice experiment and hopefully it turns out well and good.

wait you couldve made a TA at t4?

Just now, JokerLow said:

wait you couldve made a TA at t4?

Certain magics allowed it iirc.

Honestly I never had a personal issue with prior TAs. I’ve never been so up to the ears in potential students that I needed this TA a week ago etc.

If it helps others out sure whatever.

Not to shite on anyone but y'all really went through an actual interview to teach how to make things sparkle in mineman?

Got my respects for sitting through that 👍

Now let's start making CRP more concrete since it's wayyy too much in the air for years now.

tfw i gotta wait even longer to teach. thanks

1 hour ago, Fiiieee said:

huh?

9 hours ago, Fiiieee said:

huh?