Whelp, I'm back.

Castherik

Hello fellow Lord of the Craft players!

A brief overview of myself:

I like to say that I’m a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive player, and an occasional gamer. I’ve logged, as of now, around 10,000hrs into CSGO and played competitively as well as casually. Some things outside of the gaming world that I enjoy are vehicles (mainly ones that go fast or off-road), baseball, swimming/boating, and developing. I’m working on building a custom Jeep Wrangler that is commonly called “monster jeep” by the kids in town lol. I came across Lord of the Craft back in 2012. I was a sophomore in high school at the time and found that I enjoyed the idea of roleplaying. Not going to lie, I was a terrible roleplayer for the first year. I was definitely a cringey person to come across in the realm.  Tbh, I probably still am lol. However, I’ve brought irl friends to the server and had many memorable experiences. For that, I’d like to say thank you to the community! Anyways, after I was in college I started to take a break from LOTC.

After coming back, here are some things I noticed:

I played on this server back in 2012-2015 era. I’ve noticed quite a few things have changed over the years. Not going to lie, I kinda miss some of the plugins that made the game more immerse. I miss the fact that there were real leveling systems (skill tree), food expired after it was made (made farmers/bakers much more crucial and profitable to their society), and there were some mobs to farm/avoid. People specializing in certain jobs were much more apparent and necessary. I was a dwarf who became a miner. It took a long time to be able to level up to be able to mine resources such as iron, gold, and emerald. I was one of the first people in the kingdom to mine an emerald. I remember selling it for 600 minas. When I look at shops now, harder to get resources are extremely cheap. In my opinion, buying a full set of armor should be costly to an average middle class individual. There are many purchases in game that should require a conscious decision on whether or not it’s worth buying. You should have to plan on making sure to have enough minas to buy food, pay taxes, and other common resources. Spending too much on luxury items should have a harsh outcome if you did not budget yourself before hand. 

However, there are many things that I think have improved. At least so far, I have not run into a community that is toxic. Everyone has been really friendly and fun to interact with. The application system is much more forgiving and less daunting than it used to be. I like that your persona is now created when you are accepted. The cloud temple is great for a newbie to gather food and explore. The world is decent and fun to explore (although I’ve played on more detailed maps before). I enjoy having discord to interact with use to help me catch up on the lore. It’s by far easier to communicate with mods and support. I love the way the cities are built.

Closing thoughts:

I believe if the next map has extreme potential especially if they combine what made LOTC great in the old days and their current system. I’m really looking forward to 8.0 and hope they deliver something great! If you guys agree or disagree with anything or have questions, let me know!

See you in LOTC,

Castherik

glad to have u back, always interesting to see big boomers from far before me come back and see how things have changed

seems like u’ve done a lot (even 10k hrs ..  ) though i can’t say im innocent when i’ve dropped maybe that amount in WoW & League. hope u enjoy everything loreside, it’s gone through quite the amount of changes since you’ve been gone 

hope you’re doing well, and hope you’ve been well. glad that it at least created something positive for you to remember and hopefully to remember going onward.