[✗] [World Lore] Planes, Planar Laws and The Great Tear

Wretched

[[Disclaimer: This is a proposed lore consolidation (with alterations and additions) of the Planes of Existence. I am the author of the original lore, but it has become very outdated. This lore aims to update and clarify what the nature and limits of Mortal and Immortal Planes are, as well as attempting to introduce event accessibility via an attached eventline proposal. If you believe I have missed anything, please comment on this thread and I’ll endeavor to add it. Should this lore and accompanying eventline be accepted, this disclaimer will be removed.]]

The Mortal Planes

HJYn93_VBqdfo4vKM2GNqlMKSw-p7vN8YJzi-tLsmt5_hI4_Kp4Qix8SgKQL8K6yN3jg8JVPlAo5OHxl4s2bIQIVl3tIY0tMR8_wkmKvz1QGHhImESjrXkVQmoX26eoq3lFMvCI

Spoiler

I’m in too deep. I have ridden reality, but I lost track of how far I traveled, and now find myself lost from mortality. With no way to trace my steps, I blindly struggle onward. Each place I go, unique, but terrifying. Each time I leap to another plane, I might land in paradise or another wicked hellscape. How long can I keep doing this, before I land somewhere no mortal soul should ever have to go?

- Extract from the journal of Pythas ‘Planebreaker’.

What Descendants might think is commonplace, is in fact exceedingly rare. There are only two mortal planes, and they exist on opposite sides of a disc that spirals endlessly through a vast expanse of nothing. One side is named Aos, and the other, Eos. Both are very similar, littered with vast continents and islands, the true scope of the planes’ size still entirely undiscovered.

Though many theories may pass through the minds of the few that understand the nature of mortal planes, the true reason for this planar duality remains unknown - some may suggest that should ever a mortal plane fall into ruin, the Descendants may find refuge in the other. Some others would theorise that the two planes represent a balance, and it is the fate of the Descendants to forever dance between the two. But if history is any indicator, the most likely reason would appear to be for escape; when crisis strikes Descendant homes, often they are forced to make a retreat, and often do portals open at the most opportune times.

Our Mortal Planes were designed for us, and not for the Aengudaemonica. However hungrily they may watch us, they take great risk to manifest here directly. 

Aos:

Aos is the mortal plane on which the Four Brothers founded their civilisations. Its native species are: Human, Elf, Dwarf and Orc.

Visited Continents & Isles:

• Aegis

• Thales

• Athera

• Vailor

• Axios

• Atlas

• Arcas

The Abyss:

The Abyss was formed after a cataclysmic battle took place between the Aengul, Aeriel, and the Daemon, Iblees after the Descendants fled Aegis. Now located where Aegis once rested, the Earth fell away, and in its place a colossal dark pit emerged, even larger than the continent itself. The Abyss is only found on Aos.

Eos:

Eos is the opposite mortal plane, unexplored by the Descendants until the fall of Aegis. Its native species are: Kharajyr, Mori’Quessir and Bohra.

Visited Continents & Isles:

• The Verge

• Asulon

• Elysium

• Kalos

• Anthos

• The Fringe

The Verge Portals:

Spoiler

This damnable flute. Greed overcomes sense again. Though it has seen damage and been dirtied from my travels, as I look at it now, it appears the same quality as when I found it: Not a dent, not a scratch. I had never seen anything like it; a musical instrument capable of opening such extraordinary doors. Who could blame my curiosity? But, while I may have been naive, and unprepared to face what even the Verge could not do, it wasn’t my fault things went the way they did; it was his. And even as I write this, I know he is looking for me.

‘Verge Portals’ is the collective term for magical gateways that lead from one Mortal plane to the other. In every instance discovered so far, these portals are not two-way. After the Descendants have travelled through a portal to a new home, they will need to discover another one to return to the other plane.

Verge portals are an immobile, standing structure; usually a stone arch with a portal swirling within it. The creator, and process of creation for these Verge portals is entirely unknown. When discovered, they appear to outdate all of known civilisation.

Usage:

• (1351, Aegis) The Descendants flee from Iblees through an ancient portal located at the Cloud Temple, discovering Eos through a place known as ‘The Verge’, which is what these portals were henceforth named after.

• (1465, The Fringe) The Descendants find a hidden valley surrounded by mountains named The Fringe, and use it as a refuge against the attacking Black Scourge in Anthos. Here, another ancient portal is found, and used to travel back to Aos.

Unvisited locations:

Littered across both sides of the Mortal Realm are smaller isles and continents known of by the Descendants, but have so far never been travelled to by the Descendants as a whole. When new Descendants arrive, it is usually from one of these locations, and is travelled from by means of wayfinding:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/forum/910-starting-locations-in-the-mortal-realm/

• Aeldin
  • Skjoldier
  • Vectra
  • Magara’lin
  • Djiazecko
  • Oyashima
  • Marenesian Islands
  • Judi
  • Vyranni

The Edge:

If a Descendant might sail to the edge of either of the Mortal Planes, they would find the ocean crash into an impossibly tall wall of life-less mountains, seemingly encircling the entire plane. It is a silent place, and no greenery or wildlife inhabits it. Even the wind here does not blow.

Atop those bleak cliffs, the sky is dimly illuminated by streaks of light across its entire spectrum. Should those colossal mountains be climbed regardless, these lights harden into a translucent barrier, of which no Mortal force may penetrate.

The Nether:

The Nether is located far beneath the earth and the bedrock of the Mortal Planes, it was once occupied by the Daemon, Iblees, but it outdates even him. It was from here that Iblees launched his invasion of the Undead against the Descendants within Aegis.

Planar laws:

• The Mortal Planes are bound by mortality and physicality. Unlike in the Immortal Planes, things here will age, wither, and most importantly; die.

• Entities born of the Mortal Plane lack the inherent ability to travel between planes.

• To fully manifest within a Mortal Plane, an Aengul or Daemon must take on a physical form, which in turn renders them susceptible to mortality.

• Prolonged, full manifestation within a Mortal Plane will render an Aengul or Daemon unable to return to the Immortal Planes, unless through specific and often challenging means [[Eventlines]].

• With its Immortal Planes undefended, a fully manifested Aengul or Daemon that is unable to leave the Mortal Plane will slowly lose what power it had as its voidal tethers are claimed by other Aengudaemonica.

• If an Aengul or Daemon loses all of their Voidal Tethers, they lose most associated power, becoming akin to a powerful mage.

9VeNbXD.png

The Immortal Planes

d7Sx2J2C-Z18NBA5RZ3xScubVXYSCrgFKouC50nQ3LA6i1mgB1OwWtpuKvSINFjn19Eg7qVy0rJy0qBCQ16qdSzHHNCw-gGsT1B9MfaMB2-SlAcRWc1Ex4MJ_21ROrC57D6WLVo

(Artist: XuanLong)

“Where stars cast no glow,

Where mountains may bend.

Where men may not go,

And fate not attend.

Where time seems to slow,

Where Gods go to mend.

Where void seeps in flow,

And all things ascend.”

- The Slumbering Library

Spoiler

I have been sloppy. I grow so tired of running, and I let my guard down. I’ve stumbled upon a world of crystal, illuminated by a dozen closely burning stars. The colour was so much more vibrant than any natural colour should be. Thick rays of light danced, splitting and reforming through the edges of crystalline towers as those slowly drifting suns circled above. There is nothing I may ever see again, that will compare to this beauty. And so, I became comfortable, I outstayed my welcome, and he found me.

It has been theorised that there are potentially infinite Immortal Planes, but the scope of these ethereal realms is only understood in part by the Aenguls and Daemons that call them home. In most cases, these Immortal Planes are non-physical, abstract realms of energy, consciousness and thought, only becoming material when a Descendant soul steps inside it, and finds it manifest around them in order to be perceived by mortal eyes.

However, the Immortal Planes do not all strictly follow the same set of rules. There are some unique Planes that even Aenguls and Daemons have no chance to control, and some planes are created in a physical manifestation regardless, usually for the purposes of Descendant interaction (in whichever form this may take) and designed by the Plane’s master. To this extent, the laws of time, physics and all perceivable reality may alter drastically between Immortal Planes, with the only constant being the power they draw from the Void.

The Immortal Planes are in a constant state of conflict and transformation; Aenguls and Daemons explore and colonise vacant planes in order to grow their power and influence, and should their power exceed their neighbours’, Aenguls and Daemons may invade and conquer each other’s planes, causing constant shifts in the power dynamics of the unseen immortals.

Classifications:

Though the Immortal Planes are not easily labelled, there is a mutual understanding throughout the Immortals that a Plane must fall into one of four categories:

• Locked: The Plane is inaccessible by the Aengudaemonica. This type of Plane is rare.

• Barren: The Plane has no Voidal Tethers, and can only be influenced by the Aengudaemonica to a minor degree. This type of Plane is common.

• Habitable: The Plane has one or several Voidal Tethers. This type of Plane is uncommon.

• Bountiful: The Plane has a large quantity of Voidal Tethers. This type of Plane is rare.

As well, Planes fall under two more additional categories:

• Manifest: The Plane has been made physical by design of its master.

• Non-Manifest: The Plane will only begin to exist physically when entered upon by a physical entity, and revert to its previous state upon their exit.

Aengudaemonic Power:

While an Aengul or Daemon’s power and influence is directly correlated to the number of Voidal Tethers they control, it is not the only factor. A deity that possesses a particularly complex Plane will be expending a higher amount of Voidal energy to sustain it. Similarly, an Aengul or Daemon may choose to conceal their plane from other Aengudaemonica, and this in turn expends voidal energy. Therefore, it is unknown what variations of power exist amongst the Aengudaemonica, and it is not as simple a matter as how many Voidal Tethers their Plane(s) has.

9VeNbXD.png

The Void:

https://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Void

The Void is the dominant Immortal Plane, and does not obey by the laws of all others. It is older than Aenguls, and more fierce than Daemons. It is timeless, and forever. It is the place from which all of creation was forged, and the place where creation must inevitably return to. It is infinitely large, and It totally surrounds our cluster of Mortal and Immortal Planes. It is only stopped from consuming all of reality by the existence of the Veil.

The Void is so incomprehensibly vast in both size and power, that it cannot be totally controlled by anything. Even Aenguls and Daemons are only able to draw from its power through other planes, and despite this power being immense, bearing unmatched potential in both creation and destruction, it is but a small fraction of the Void’s true cosmic potential.

Voidal Nodes:

• Voidal nodes are limited to the Mortal Planes, and are specific geographic points where the Void’s power seeps through places where the Veil between planes is thinnest. Mortal mages may find great use in these rare, but powerful nodes.

• It is common for Voidal Horrors to manifest in close proximity to Voidal nodes due to this thinning of the Veil.

Voidal Tethers:

• Voidal tethers are limited to the Immortal Planes. Similar to nodes, these tethers are direct connections to the Void. An Immortal Plane's size is determined by the numbers of tethers it has to the void, and an Aengul or Daemon’s power is directly correlated to the number of tethers they control across all of their dominated planes.

• While Planes may exist without any Voidal Tethers at all, these places are quite useless to the Aengudaemonica. They draw no power from the Plane and will be unable to directly influence it.

• Voidal tethers, unlike nodes, are capable of releasing far greater flows of power, limited not by mortal bodies or physical restrictions. If a voidal node drips, a voidal tether streams.

Planar Laws:

• The Void is a Locked Plane.

• The Void is Non-Manifest.

• Travel to the Void is near impossible for lesser and greater souls, but if achieved, the entity that enters becomes imprisoned there and will have no direct influence over the plane.

• Entities trapped in the void, will not be so for long. They will degrade slowly into their base voidal energy. They are consumed and join the Void permanently, eventually becoming indistinguishable from it.

9VeNbXD.png

The Veil:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/189036-world-lore-the-breaching-of-the-veil/

Spoiler

Chaos follows me. The longer I stay in an alien plane, the more terrors discover me. But Voidal Horrors do not frighten me like he does… His arrival is always the same. First, the flute warns me, and whispers his name repeatedly: “Outvoker”. I understand that this flute once belonged to him, so perhaps it is not warning me, but calling out to its master. Reality splits, and out he strides through the glowing tear. He marches toward me at a brisk pace, but never runs, never stopping to look and marvel at the wonders or terrors that surround him. I think he does that to scare me.

The Veil is another unique plane closely connected to the Void. It is a barrier plane, and its purpose is to fill the space between Planes and keep them separated. While not only is it what separates Mortal and Immortal planes from each other, it also protects them all against the wrath of the Void, for if it were not for the existence of the Veil then the Void would consume everything. All of the Mortal and Immortal Planes are encased within the shell of the Veil.

It is within the Veil that creatures known as ‘Celestials’ roam, repairing damage to the Veil where discovered. These Celestials are often prey to the things that slip through these damaged sections of the Veil: Voidal Horrors. These are the enemies of creation itself, and even the smallest tear in the Veil may lead to catastrophic consequences.

Planar Laws:

• The Veil is a Barren Plane.

• The Veil is Non-Manifest.

• The Veil is fragile, and prone to become disruptive and volatile when acted upon by outside forces. 

• The Veil is inherently avoided by Aenguls and Daemons, for to meddle with the barriers between planes is to bring ruin to your own.

9VeNbXD.png

The Soul Stream:

https://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Soul_Stream

The true nature of the Soul Stream has baffled scholars and deities alike for millennia. It is a ‘stretched’ plane that sails from the Mortal Planes and through the Immortal ones. When a person dies on a Mortal Plane, the soul is swept through the Soul Stream and sorted; eventually emerging in the plane that soul was destined to spend its afterlife. Its origin is disputed, but its purpose in bringing souls to afterlife is clear. It is a Plane mostly unable to be interfered with by the Aengudaemonica, and they have never been able to replicate its complex, yet unknown design.

The Soul Stream is closely protected by the Caretaker of Souls; The Arch-Aengul Aeriel.

Planar Laws:

• The Soul Stream is a Locked Plane.

• The Soul Stream is Non-Manifest.

• The Soul Stream is directly connected to a variety of other Immortal Planes, it is outside their powers of influence, and only receive whatever souls it spews.

• The Soul Stream is a constant, and regardless of what power struggles and fluctuations exist in other Immortal Planes, the Soul Stream is rooted to them, and will forever remain unchanged even if a deity conquers a Plane it passes through.

• Though the Aengudaemonica may not directly enter the Soul Stream themselves unless experiencing a Mortal death, they are capable of stealing souls from the Soul Stream as it passes through their own Plane.

9VeNbXD.png

Ebriaetas:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/140411-ebriet%C3%A6s-the-soul-stream/

Spoiler

Another day, another nightmare. I found myself on a rocky, barren waste. At first, it appeared empty, but after lingering awhile, shapes became visible. I was surrounded by many thousands of spectre-like creatures, aimlessly wandering. Some grasped their heads and shook at it madly with their translucent hands, and most of them were screaming. I cannot help but wonder where these creatures came from. I cannot help but wonder what happens after we die. I did not stay there for long.

Manifested as the Moon itself, the Ebriaetas is truly ruled by no singular deity despite having involvement from the Aengul, Aeriel. It is a plane where damned, wretched souls will collect to live out an afterlife of mindless wandering on a barren plane, many driven mad by torment.

The creatures and entities that when die, emerge in the Ebriaetas, are creatures that have been deemed ‘dark’ and ‘unworthy’. Descendants that practise in Dark magic, or in some way alter the purity of their souls, are forced to reside here upon death. Souls that fall to madness are known as ‘Geists’.

The Golden City:

• The Golden City is exactly that, a manifested city of glistening gold stone and blinding light. It was constructed by the Aengul, Aeriel to oversee the passage of the Soul Stream through the Ebriaetas. The Golden City is commonly believed to be where Aeriel primarily resides, and rules over the dead.

Planar Laws:

• The Ebriaetas is a Habitable Plane.

• The Ebriaetas is Manifest.

• The Ebriaetas is passed through by the Soul Stream.

• A soul sent to the Ebriaetas is trapped and bound there. Retrieving a soul from this plane is a challenging task, and will provoke the wrath of its guarding Aengul.

9VeNbXD.png

The Seven Skies:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/151676-%E2%9C%93-seven-skies-lore-addition/

[[Disclaimer. Unfortunately the current Seven Skies Lore is not compatible with existing lore, and remains an anomaly amongst Immortal Planes. Such an example of this, is how it is written to be located within the Void itself. For this reason, the following section contains changes and alterations of the original lore to make it fit amongst its greater archetype. If this lore is accepted, ‘The Seven Skies’ lore will be edited accordingly, and this disclaimer will be removed.]]

Spoiler

This is a beautiful one, though my eyes struggled to perceive it through such blinding and vibrant light. It is though I stand within a palace the size of a city, unending golden and pearl halls draped by ethereal banners of different designs. Around me, faceless golden spectres drift, some with particularly notable features like draping capes and pointed crowns. Despite my best efforts, these entities do not respond to me, and float through me as though I weren’t there at all.

One of the oldest known Immortal Planes, familiar even to the early Descendants of Aegis, is known as the Seven Skies. It is believed that this may have been the home Plane of the now deceased Aengul, Availer (The Wandering Wizard), It is the final resting place for the souls of the descendants of Horen; Humans, after travelling here through the Soul Stream.

The Seven Skies was formed long before Aenguls and Daemons existed - it is believed to be an inherent component to creation itself, and has always been capable of self-warding against potential Aengudaemonic threats.

Souls that enter the Seven Skies get assigned a classification by the collective soul population that already inhabits it. This process is based on how good, honourable and just they were during their time in the Mortal Plane, and in this Plane they are rewarded.

The Human souls that exist here, are fiercely protective of their plane. With no Aengul or Daemon dominating the plane in recorded history, the souls were able to draw upon its Voidal Tethers themselves and earn a certain degree of control. Though no individual soul may overpower the Aengudaemonica, the collective mass of souls having access to Voidal Tethers makes them a near-impossible foe for any invading Aengul or Daemon to overcome.

[[Original Lore edits: The Plane no longer exists within the void. Expanded on the nature of the inhabiting souls. The origin of the plane is slightly altered and mention of the Creator in the lore is removed. The Plane is not ‘pure energy’ and obeys the same laws of power accumulation as all other Immortal Planes do.]]

Planar Laws:

• The Seven Skies is a Bountiful Plane.

• The Seven Skies is Manifest.

• The Seven Skies is passed through by the Soul Stream.

• The Seven Skies is susceptible to invasion, but remains well defended by the elevated souls within.

• The souls within the Seven Skies may have acquired more power than common souls and have limited control within their environment, but they are still trapped there and may never leave.

• The souls trapped here are unable to exploit as much use out of their Void Tethers as an Aengul or Daemon could.

9VeNbXD.png

The Spirit Realm:

https://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Shamanism

Spoiler

Dark, but strangely beautiful, this one. The floor below seemed forged of black marble, and swirling in the material were dark green streaks of light. Around me as far as I could see. smooth obelisks of the same material, each of varying heights, towered above. A cold wind swept through those black pillars, and when I let myself be guided by it, I stumbled upon a river of pure liquid aqua, glowing, almost tempting me in. I would have stayed for longer, but something approached from the distance, travelling down that same river. I could not see clearly what it was, but I had no intention of staying to find out.

The Spirit Realm is the home to unique entities known as Spirits, a kind of pseudo-deity that shares traits with both Aengudaemon and mortal, and yet is neither. It is only accessible to mortals via the magic of Shamanism, where the Shaman does not physically visit, but instead projects themselves onto the Spirit Realm.

Both Spirit Realm and Spirits were created by the Daemon, Apohet, who is the presiding owner of the Planes. The Spirit Realm is divided into three separate, but connected Planes: Elemental, Immortal and Ancestral, and each house a respective type of Spirit of the same name. There are many types of Spirits, and all may take differing forms from Greater to Lesser, and while usually they may live in tandem, they have been known to war against each other.

Planar Laws:

• The Spirit Realm is not a Plane, but the collective term for the three Planes.

• The Elemental Plane is a Habitable Plane.

• The Immortal Plane is a Habitable Plane.

• The Ancestral Plane is a Bountiful Plane.

• All Planes within the Spirit Realm are Manifest.

• The Spirit Realm is passed through by the Soul Stream.

• Spirits and other entities created by Apohet are able to move freely between the three Planes, but will choose to more frequently reside in their own one.

9VeNbXD.png

The Fae Realm:

https://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=The_Fae_Realm

Spoiler

I was almost fooled. I found myself surrounded by thick shrubbery, exotic flowers and delightful birdsong. For a moment, I really believed I was home. I have never been an arachnophobe before, but I dare say the sight of that monstrosity of a spider provoked my quickest exit yet. I wish I could have explored this one a little longer. But what would that have achieved? I must keep moving.

Otherwise known as the ‘Domain of the Aspects’, or ‘The Eternal Forest’. This Plane is unique in that it is mutually shared amongst three Aenguls: Cerridwen, Cernunnos and Nemiisae, more commonly referred to as the ‘Aspects’.

The Fae Realm is connected tightly to the Mortal Planes, and has historically opened gateways and doors between them for Fae creatures to pass through, usually with the intention of the Aspects to restore balance to nature upon the Mortal Planes.  One such method of transportation for the native creatures of the Fae Realm is ‘Fairy Rings’, being mirrored in the Fae world when created in the Mortal one. However, druids may also access the Fae Realm itself via the magic of Transcendence, appearing there as a spirit.

The Fae Realm is fully manifest, and is teeming with life of an exotic nature, and some of that life being sentient. Despite very real danger in this realm, it exists in a constant state of balance; where beautiful sense is made of chaos.

Planar Laws:

• The Fae Realm is a Bountiful Plane.

• The Fae Realm is Manifest.

• The Fae Realm is passed through by the Soul Stream.

• The Fae Realm is designed manifest and compatible with the Mortal Planes and its laws of time and physics, and is thus capable of merging itself in-part, or in-full with the Mortal Planes.

• Full manifestation of the Fae Realm with the Mortal Planes is irreversible.

9VeNbXD.png

Moz Strimoza:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/193556-world-lore-moz-strimoza-and-the-inferi/

Spoiler

I am in hiding, I cannot stay for long. To say this Plane is something from a nightmare would be a most insulting understatement. This Plane is chaos in its purest form. I hear constant shrieks and howling, misshapen, horned creatures prowling and colliding with each other in battle. Black spores float across a fiery river and luminescent streaks of light of varying colours clash and swirl in the dense air above. It is though many environments and alien ecosystems have merged together here in a most unusual and notably, unnatural way.

The ever-expanding Moz Strimoza is not limited to a single Plane, it is a collection of conquered Planes that have been sewn grotesquely together. The Inferi that inhabit this realm are the most renown Planar Invaders within all of the Immortal Planes. Like Spirits, they are neither Mortal nor Aengudaemonic, but are entirely capable of exploiting Voidal Tethers to a significant extent in much the same manner as any Aengul or Daemon. 

At the centre of Moz Strimoza is the original home Plane of the Daemon, Iblees, known only as ‘Iblees’ Domain’. An important note is that this is not the Nether and Iblees himself is not the active threat here, it is the Inferi warlords on the outskirt Planes that constantly seek to expand and consolidate more power, and more Voidal Tethers. Moz Strimoza is not governed by a single master, and is itself wrought with inner-conflict. Chaos, materialised.

While exploring the vast expanse of Moz Strimoza, you might stumble upon a fiery hellscape, a corrupted glade, or mountainous, barren terrain. These biomes will shift and vary widely, often without a smooth transition.

Moz Strimoza is divided into five major kingdoms, each with a capital, across numerous Planes, the borders of which have become muddled due to the twisted amalgamation of Planar merging. Each of these kingdoms is ruled by a Zar’rokul - A fallen Dragaar or Drakaar.

Capital cities:

• Natla zu’Velkka, the City of Goats, seat of Velkuzat

• Natla zu’Drazka, the City of Bats, seat of Drazhana

• Natla zu’Kiizka, the City of Serpents, seat of Kiiztria

• Natla zu’Kholka, the City of Crows, seat of Kholidav

• Natla zu’Zathka, City of Cats, seat of Zathairn

Planar Laws:

• Moz Strimoza is mixed with Barren, Habitable and Bountiful Planes.

• All of Moz Strimoza is Manifest.

• Moz Strimoza is passed through by the Soul Stream.

• When invading and successfully conquering neighbouring Planes, these attacked Planes are forced to become manifest, if they are not already, as they are merged with Moz Strimoza.

• When Planes are merged with Moz Strimoza, they also acquire its existing laws of time and physics.

9VeNbXD.png

The Gilded Court:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/176426-%E2%9C%93-deific-realm-the-gilded-court/

Spoiler

What legacy does this place have? What purpose did it once serve? This Plane is so silent, all I can hear is my own breathing. It is dark here, but the silhouettes of ancient buildings surround me. Despite this darkness, I feel no sinister presence here, in fact for a while I felt no presence at all. I explored for some time, believing I was alone, but a man’s shout called out from the dark, questioning who walked this Plane. My voice became caught in my throat, and I did not respond. A short distance away, I saw a lantern become ignited, and as that glow approached, I quickly left.

A Plane once ruled over by the Aengul of Justice, Zecharael, now deceased. Alas, his Plane still bears the fruit of his legacy, yet it has fallen from the beacon of light it once shone as, to a dark and empty place, abandoned even by the radiance of its previously eternally shining sun.

The Plane took the form of an immense disc, much like the Mortal Planes. At its centre, sat the grand court itself, with a single long straight road that led to its entrance; a road travelled by passing souls, awaiting judgement. The magnificent halls and towers have since fallen into ruin, and a lonely servant still lurks within.

Planar Laws:

• The Gilded Court is a Habitable Plane.

• The Gilded Court is Manifest.

• The Gilded Court  is without an Aengul or Daemon to protect its Voidal Tethers, and as a result if it becomes discovered, it will be claimed by another of the Aengudaemonica.

9VeNbXD.png

Xan’s Domain:

https://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Xan

Spoiler

Truly magnificent. I am certainly in the Plane of an Aengul, though I could not pinpoint which. I have performed a brief search of the temple here, but found no sign of life. Part of me wonders if it is wisest to wait here; perhaps it is through a benevolent Aengul that I might return to my own Plane. Alas, I have already been here some time, and time is not my ally.

A glistening, marble temple that floats within an empty black sky, occupied by the Aengul of Order, Xan. Despite the surrounding darkness, it gleams brightly. It was here that the Golden Lance was forged, and used by Descendants to slay a malevolent Drakaar.

This Plane has been the meeting place of Aenguls for millenia, where Xan would hold council over all matters related to the Aengudaemonica, with others of his kind, and with his own Descendant Paladins. It is understood that the souls of Xan’s paladins will emerge here after experiencing a Mortal death.

Planar Laws:

• Xan’s Domain is a Bountiful Plane.

• Xan’s Domain is Non-Manifest.

• Xan’s Domain is passed through by the Soul Stream

9VeNbXD.png

The Realm of Purity:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/157049-%E2%9C%93-tahariae-aengul-of-purity-updated/

The Realm of Purity is the Plane occupied by the Aengul of Purity, Tahariae. It is represented similar to Xan’s Realm, appearing as a single large structure; a glamorous marbled courthouse with a seemingly endless garden that stretches out in all directions. Inside this court, there is no jury, and only Tahariae himself atop a grand throne.

It is understood that the souls of Tahariae’s clerics will emerge here after experiencing a Mortal death.

Planar Laws:

• The Realm of Purity is a Habitable Plane.

• The Realm of Purity is Non-manifest.

• The Realm of Purity is passed through by the Soul Stream.

9VeNbXD.png

The Bastille

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/160903-%E2%9C%93-rewrite-aengul-eshtael-aengul-of-balance/

Spoiler

You could tell me I had been to the distant future, and I would believe you. If this place weren’t so eerily deserted, it may have been the most magnificent yet. As far as eyes might see, this glistening city expanded, its many pointed towers stretching high into a starless sky. As I roam its streets, I find myself unable to enter any building. What few doors I have found, have been locked tightly. This place is the product of such intelligent design, but being so empty, I ponder on what its purpose is, or might once have been?

The Bastille is an enormous Plane ruled by the Aengul, Esthael. Appearing as a vast city riddled with immense white spires. The entire city rests on a cloud layer.

However, looks may be deceiving. The Bastille is not in fact a city, but a prison of epic proportions, wherein lay trapped hundreds of souls and entities deemed too dangerous to be free by the presiding Aengul of Balance. Each one is kept in a timeless stasis within these pearl towers. It is possible Eshtael has gathered a myriad of horrors across the centuries, from powerful mortal souls to fallen Aengudaemonica, now all safely locked away.

Planar Laws:

• The Bastille is a Bountiful Plane.

• The Bastille is Manifest.

9VeNbXD.png

Pax:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/185634-%E2%9C%93-aengudaemon-lore-vaasek-daemon-of-anxiety-and-fallacy/

Spoiler

I have seen Planes like this one before, but somehow, this one is different. Most of the places I land are barren landscapes, with no evidence of any involvement from greater entities. But here, it is though the emptiness is by design. I know something has, or does linger here; crows fly overhead, and I follow. They led me to a dark obelisk, and were I not wisened by my travels, I might have indulged the curiosity I once had. The thing whispered to me, but I have not survived this long by listening to anything other than my instinct. I struggled to tear my eyes away from that shifting black obelisk, but I did. No longer do I wish to be the first to make divine discoveries, or to be marvelled by the places I see; I just want to finally go home.

Pax, otherwise known as ‘The Crow’s Nest’ or ‘The Gallery’, is a Plane ruled over by one of the most reclusive and little-known Daemons; Vaasek. Littered with maze-like tunnels and bleak cliffaces, Pax is an unsettling place to explore that defies many of the Mortal laws of time and physics; designed to confuse and disorientate any that might tread there. The Plane is a dry, lifeless place tormented by a ceaselessly howling wind.

Scattered across Pax are churning black monoliths, that when approached, will whisper. Staring too long at these objects will lead to the hypnosis and control of Mortals unfortunate enough to discover them.

Planar Laws:

• Pax is a Habitable Plane.

• Pax is Manifest.

• A portion of this Plane’s Voidal energy has been siphoned into the Plane’s concealment from other Aengudaemonica - it is difficult, but not impossible, to stumble upon or find directly.

9VeNbXD.png

Kavenjun

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/184731-%E2%9C%93-aengudaemon-lore-yeu-rthulu-aengul-of-contentment-and-compassion/

[[Credit for this section: Quavinir (original author)]]

The realm of Yeu Rthulu, Kavenjun acts as an afterlife for Yeu's chosen. On the surface, a dull place where none would wish to live. Yet in truth, a paradise for those acclimated to such.

The realm of Kavenjun consists of large, snowy bowl, its edges being visible from its center like a great domineering mountain range. The realm is dim, lit only by a white celestial ring arcing through its skies, twisting out of view over the hours for some semblance of day and night. The darkness and snow is punctuated by odd trees trees and dim shrubs, alongside bizarre bioluminescent animals and creatures. Bizarre icy stella dot the landscape, visible to most as graves, but in truth, markers to mark the location of those who choose to slumber.

What may be seen as initially as a barren, gray plane hides its true worth. The souls of Yeu's chosen live huddled in villages and hermitages along the the rims of the bowl, most wandering for days before finding a village, yet being welcomed with open arms and jubilation. Life is adversity in Kavenjun, but the struggle bears fruits. Conflict, pain, toil, sadness, all such things exist in Kavenjun- But free from death, all eventually grow from such. The intial decades of discomfort inevitably widen out to true contentment. Self-expression, love, kindness, and rest find their pinnacle within the snowy lands.

Planar Laws:

• Kavenjun is a Bountiful Plane.

• Kavenjun is Manifest.

• Kavenjun is passed through by the Soul Stream.

• A portion of this Plane’s Voidal energy has been siphoned into the Plane’s concealment from other Aengudaemonica - it is difficult, but not impossible, to stumble upon or find directly.

9VeNbXD.png

The Weeping Spires:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/186373-%E2%9C%93-aengudaemon-lore-patron-the-tyrant-of-greed-uzhrun/

Spoiler

Ruin has befallen this place. I can tell it has been reshaped, as remnants of grand structures sit half-sunk into the blackened dirt. There is a pervasive smog overhead, stretching outward and originating from somewhere in the distance; a dim source of light amidst this dark Plane. In the corner of my eye, I see movement, but trying to focus on it reveals nothing. Something knows I am here, I can feel it.

The Weeping Spires was once an Aengulic Plane, with great spires and temples of silver and gold, but has fallen from grace and become a twisted, barren landscape strewn with muddied foundations and crooked, blackened towers. Many structures have been reduced to dust, and many others sansacked for their valuables by the creatures that now lurk in this realm. In its centre, a great lair has been formed, and surrounding it are all the hoarded gold and divine relics once spread across the Plane.

The Weeping Spires does not have an Aengudaemonic master, but instead is ruled over by an opportunistic Drakaar, ‘Balek’oz.’ The Drakaar successfully conquered the Plane after being abandoned by its previous ‘Aengul of Success’. Balek’oz, otherwise known as ‘The Inept One’, and is the only Drakaar seen capable of dominating an Immortal Plane. Balek’oz rests upon a mountain of gold at the centre of the Plane.

This Plane is avoided by the Aengudaemonica, for its master is not like them, and the twisted corruption that breeds there is an unpredictable danger even to other Immortals and their collected Planes.

Planar Laws:

• The Weeping Spires is a Habitable Plane.

• The Weeping Spires is Manifest.

• Balek’oz may not exploit as much power from this Plane’s Voidal Tethers as an Aengul or Daemon could.

• This Plane has been permanently damaged by the Drakaar. Its Voidal Tethers have entwined with the corruption that lingers there, and may now never be fully restored.

9VeNbXD.png

The Terrae:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/167589-%E2%9C%93-daemon-ydea/

Spoiler

I walk across a narrow beach with sea on both sides. The waters are dark, and I see movement beneath the surface. Whenever I raise my head to the horizon, reality alters; sometimes a boat appears, sometimes a shifting landmass, and other times a snaking leviathan. I have watched wandering, blurred shapes walk atop the water, only to turn toward me and submerge when noticed. As well, I can hear singing from the depths, but bolder forces have tried to tempt me and failed.

The Terrae is a peculiar and volatile Plane ruled over by the Daemon Ydea. It appears like an ocean, but the surface is covered with seemingly random objects, landmarks and creatures. It is a sea formed from memories, and above the sky glistens with a hundred times the stars of the Mortal Planes, stars that often fall and crash deep into the ocean.

Beneath the surface of the ocean, further memories rest, and exploring it unguided is a foolish errand. Mortals may encounter anything beneath the waves, but will often find it surreal and madness inducing. Hidden even further beneath the sea, is a lone island of poppies and pansies, a glowing white tree planted in its centre.

Planar Laws:

• The Terrae is a Habitable Plane.

• The Terrae is Manifest.

• The Laws of Time and Physics in this Plane are constantly shifting and follow no standard.

• In this Plane, the lines between thought and physical are muddled. Memories may exist as abstract forces or feelings, or take on a physical and sometimes dangerous form.

9VeNbXD.png

Val’garis:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/165192-%E2%9C%93-garumdir-the-daemon-of-craftsmanship-and-innovation/#comments

Spoiler

I have decided that when death should take me, it is here that I wish to spend eternity. Yet again, I am astounded. I am truly struggling to describe this place in writing. It is a world of iron and machine, in a constant state of churning motion. I spoke to what seemed to be a dwarf with a pair of mechanical arms, a resident here, and even he struggled to tell me much about the place, unable to fully simplify its complexities to me.

I must have lost track of time, or perhaps time is different here; as he found me again. I did not hear his arrival, but perhaps those whispers were drowned out by the machine life around me. I turned in horror mid-conversation, seeing the Outvoker roughly push residents aside, marching straight toward me through a crowded street, his pale flesh standing out amongst these machine-people. Yet again, I ran.

Like the inner-workings of a watch, Val’garis is a colossal machine city, each district slowly turning upon titanic steel cogs, bridges between these cogs often separating and connecting at various points about their twisting circumference. It is ruled over by the Daemon Garumdir, Daemon of craftsmanship and innovation.

Souls may emerge here if they fall within Garumdir’s favour; these are usually inventors, craftsmen and futuristic visionaries. Upon arrival, they are granted flesh bodies to inhabit, though many will begin exchanging these biological hosts for mechanical ones, piece by piece, limb by limb.

This Plane bears both marvels and horrors of a mechanical nature; each cog (referred to by its inhabitants as ‘spheres’) contains a varied ecosystem of nature and metal, though it is steel and iron that predominantly covers the Plane. The two most notable spheres are the Avant Sphere and the Dissonant Sphere:

The Avant Sphere:

• A thriving, breathtaking city built many layers tall and whirring with unusual machine life. A place of true luxury, where every need is catered to by impossible mechanisms. It is within the Avant Sphere that the Daemon himself resides, inside a tower at the centre of the cog known by the inhabitants as ‘The Progress Engine’.

The Dissonant Sphere:

• A graveyard and a scrapyard. It is where the broken machines lurk, some still conscious and wandering, salving scrap and welding it to their frames. The sky is covered in a thick industrial smog, making day and night imperceivable. The broken constructs here are considered very dangerous, and prone to attack passers-by in mad, mechanical rage.

Planar Laws:

• Val’garis is a Bountiful Plane.

• Val’garis is Manifest.

• Val’garis is passed through by the Soul Stream.

• Val’garis is one of the largest known Planes, and contains a much higher abundance of Voidal Tethers than the average Bountiful Plane. For this reason, ‘spheres’ may alter significantly from each other, and each have varying levels and forms of complexity, almost as though each sphere were a separated Plane, yet all remain tightly connected.

9VeNbXD.png

Trompe L’oeil:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/165477-llahir-daemon/

Ruled over by the Daemon of Trickery, Llahir, Trompe L’oeil is a Plane that continuously takes many forms, and never remains static. The only permanent section of this realm is dedicated to housing Llahir’s followers; it is a gamgling hall, a giant casino, filled with illusionary images of Descendants, joyfully playing with dice and cards at tables.

Souls that emerge here after experiencing Mortal death are indistinguishable from the illusionary native inhabitants, and will follow much the same mannerisms. 

Planar Laws:

• Trompe L’oeil is a Habitable Plane.

• Trompe L’oeil is Non-Manifest.

• Trompe L’oeil is passed through by the Soul Stream.

9VeNbXD.png

The Nebula:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/159291-%E2%9C%93-daemon-lyes-architect-of-dreams/

[[Disclaimer: this original lore’s source of power is dreams, but to maintain the set standard, I am editing it to instead be Voidal Tethers. Dreams remain an important part of Lyes’ purpose and function, but have no influence over the deity’s nor her plane’s power. If this lore is accepted, this disclaimer will be removed.]]

The Nebula is a curious Plane, and is in fact the one most frequently visited by Mortal Descendants, despite them being entirely unaware of it. During their dreams, they find their soul projected onto the Plane, where Lyes is able to bless them with pleasant sleep, or stir them with horrific nightmares. Lyes uses her realm to carry out subtle influence over the Mortal Plane.

Due to this Plane’s nature, it does not fit a single physical description; what is perceived in this Plane entirely depends on the individual that subconsciously explores it.

[[Original lore edits: Lyes and her plane are empowered by Voidal Tethers, like all other Aengudaemonica and their respective Planes.]]

Planar Laws:

• The Nebula is a Habitable Plane.

• The Nebula is Non-Manifest.

9VeNbXD.png

The Slumbering Library:

https://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Dragur

[[Disclaimer: This Plane is not currently canon, and is a part of this lore’s proposal. If this lore is accepted, this disclaimer will be removed.]]

Spoiler

Endless, it is endless. Miles upon miles of books, more books than should ever possibly exist in one place, more books than all of Descendant history may write. I am going to let myself stay here as long as possible, and intend to leave when the Outvoker finds me. A risk, yes, but one I’m willing to take for this particular Plane.

Believed to be where the inactive Daemon, Dragur, is bound, the Slumbering library takes the form of a colossal rounded cathedral, about the same size as a large capital city. Every square inch of the Slumbering Library is lined by bookshelves, some stacked messily atop each other, and some seeming to defy normal laws of physics in order to make the most of the space. However, the place is unkept and abandoned, all surfaces thick with dust.

At the very centre of the Slumbering Library, there is a rounded chamber with hallways that stretch to the end of each of its eight wings. In the centre of this chamber, sits an ominously dark pit, far too sheer to scale. Should one listen close, they might hear a deep breathing blow like wind from deep within the downward darkness. Should a Mortal fall in, they will never be seen or heard from again.

The Plane is not undefended, for its library is able to defend against invaders itself. The library is conscious and aware, by result of an ancient spell. It siphons on the Voidal energy of the Plane in its master’s stead, allowing ultimate influence and total control of its interior, and all those that explore its depths.

The Slumbering Library is directly connected to the Mortal Planes through the use of Dragaar and Drakaar lexicons. When either of these Greater Dragons stores knowledge into their lexicons, this knowledge appears bound in leather within the library, automatically sorted and organised by the library itself.

Planar Laws:

• The Slumbering Library is a Bountiful Plane.

• The Slumbering Library is Manifest.

• Despite being inactive, The Slumbering Library’s Voidal Tethers remain protected by the library.

• Other Aengudaemonica avoid this Plane, for risk of awakening its master.

9VeNbXD.png

Planar Conquest

4oFSbg5am-Y_N7bvaIa6nqjOjr1ArVv3QDgg-ybaUD4IDf02maFJmSWFvpkOB1PpM0EpSVU3-mGyS9tpMigRzjpFoQEyClx1qzkuWgjFmqyF-4Rz_f4hlNaOv0CQjf_-zg2yizE

Spoiler

I told myself that I was prepared whenever I went somewhere new. But I was wrong; I was not ready for a battlefield. A chorus of noise deafened me, from screams, war cries and trumpets. The air was thick with a red smog, but the fires of battle seared through it, illuminating a dark landscape where hellish, ebony-skinned monsters clashed with an army of winged swordsmen.

The Aengudaemonica is a restless and shifting thing, with power struggles and ethereal, unseen disputes. Since there were Planes to Conquer, Aenguls and Daemons have fought ferociously over them. Though Aenguls and Daemons bear great moral differences, and these are often the reason for their conflicts, they would lie to say they are never hungry for the acquisition of more Voidal Tethers.

While the Aenguls may work in unison, the Daemons share no such quality, and are rife with inner-conflict. It is Daemons that most often invade other Planes, bound by no Aengulic codes, but this is not always the case, and wars have been started from both sides. The most renowned Planar Invaders are Moz Strimoza and its Inferi, but the act of physically merging the Planes together is a trait particular to them.

Though many of the Aengudaemonica have no interest in conflict with each other, sometimes it is forced upon them, and when the process of Planar Conquest begins, an attacked Plane enters three phases:

• Invaded: A hostile Plane is invading, but the Plane is still under the influence of the defender.

• Disputed: The hostile Plane has established a foothold that has not been suppressed, and begins stealing from Voidal Tethers to strengthen itself, mixing the influence over the Plane between the invader and the defender.

• Conquered: The Plane’s Voidal Tethers are now fully under the control of the invader, and the previous host(s) is removed.

The Laws of Conquest:

• A Plane may only invade neighbouring Planes. A map of the Planes has never existed, and the Planes themselves may shift positions. However, the larger the Plane is, the more neighbours it will have access to, and this list of neighbours is prone to change.

• If an invader’s power is greater than the defenders, depending on the quantity of controlled Voidal Tethers, the Invader will slowly win. The more Tethers, the faster this will occur.

• If a defender’s power is greater than the invader’s, the defending Plane may become Disputed, but no further, and the invading force will be driven back to its own Plane.

• Control of Voidal Tethers is not the only factor of Aengudaemonic power, and results of a Planar Conquest will not always depend on this.

• It takes immense Voidal energy to invade a defended Plane, as the invader will need to safely open a gate between the two without causing damage to the Veil, meanwhile, the defender will be exerting its energy to close the gate.

• Damaging the Veil will cause destruction to the invader’s Plane, but not the defender’s.

• If the invading Plane is Manifest, it will force the defending Plane to also become Manifest if it is not already.

• If the invading Plane is Non-Manifest and the defender is Manifest, it will force the invader to become Manifest.

• If both attacking and defending Planes are Non-Manifest, then the battle occurs as a sightless clash of raw Voidal power, where one will slowly dominate the other in much the same manner as a physical battle.

• If the laws of time and physics differ between invader and defender, they will clash, causing the very environment on which the battle takes place to become unpredictable and volatile.

Consequences:

• Victory for the invader will begin an exponential growth of power. The more Planes acquired, the easier others become to conquer.

• Victory for the invader means it may alter the make-up of the Plane to be like its own, keep it the same, or change it into something entirely different.

• Victory for the invader means it will be able to travel effortlessly between its dominated Planes.

• If a defender loses and owns no other Planes with Voidal Tethers, it may flee to an allies’ plane, be cast into the Soul Stream to drift until acted upon, or become mortalised and experience Mortal death, causing it to be sent to the Ebrietas.

• If a deity dies or loses all of its Planes, and had ties to the Mortal Plane, these ties are broken. For example if a magic was deity-based, the magic would become null and lost.

• A defeated invader will be unable to invade again until power is re-accumulated, and in this period it exists in a weakened state, and is open to counter-attack.

• Likewise however, depending on the severity of the damage, a victorious defender will also be left in a weakened state, and may be invaded several times to slowly whittle its defenses until victory may be achieved.

9VeNbXD.png

The Great Tear

[[Eventlines]]

Pythas emerged with a gasp onto another waste, tucking the pale flute under his belt. He quickly got his bearings, scanning his immediate surroundings as he had so many times before. He found himself in a vast, flat waste. Small, jagged rocks that curled up toward the sky were scattered across the landscape. Overhead, a scarlet thunderstorm crackled, striking violently at the Plane’s floor with bolts of crimson, but producing no rain.

While Pythas had been leaping through Planes, something had pursued him. Something known only as the ‘Outvoker’. With pale skin, two yellowed tusks, a pair of sunken eyes and glowing blue veins, he was a terrifying sight to behold. Pythas was always ahead of him, as it seemed to take the Outvoker some time to locate him across the vast Immortal Planes, but now he appeared again.

A short distance away, a split occurred; light distorted and bent to form a fracture from which the Outvoker marched. It seemed to Pythas that he was getting faster at finding him, and the realisation that he may never possibly escape his endless pursuit suddenly dawned. This time, instead of running, he tried something new; he confronted the creature:

“Back! Get back, damn you!”

Pythas stood his ground, withdrawing the flute and extending it above his head, as though to smash it. For the first time, the Outvoker also stopped. He stood motionless, only to slowly turn his head to peer back across the barren Plane, and away from Pythas.

With a deep grunt, the Outvoker turned round to him again, what distinguishable facial features he had curling into a frown. He took several steps backward, and another shimmering split materialised behind him, pulling him back out of the Plane with a ‘crack’.

Pythas’s moment of victory was soured almost immediately as the Plane around him began to shift. Rock formations collapsed, large cracks opened in the ground, and the raging red storm above parted to a clear black sky. From this opening, a swirling white portal manifested, growing in size and announced by a chorus of ethereal drums.

From that portal, descended three figures, a blinding stream of white light in their wake, causing Pythas to shield his eyes. They landed before him, and the light subsided, allowing him to make out their features clearly. By unknown means, Pythas instantly acquired the knowledge of these figure’s identities, as though announced themselves without the use of words.

Stood on his left, was a soldier, a figure standing far taller than the average man, and plated head to toe in a set of gold-rimmed, gleaming white armour. His presence radiated light, and through the helmet that covered what was surely a face beneath, shone two glowing golden eyes. This was Xan, Aengul of Order.

On his right was a woman, a pair of pale white wings sprouting from her back and long ebony hair swaying as if weightless behind her. She was dressed in silver armour, but not as heavily as her companion. This was Eshtael, Aengul of Balance.

Between the two, now approaching Pythas, floated forth a creature draped in long blue robes, loose tassels dancing and flicking across the air around him. From beneath his hood, Pythas could only make out two intensely glowing blue eyes. This was Gazardiael, Aengul of New Beginnings.

zkQGLpVTEfD3XoxhnGfrzMCR8-Lwrjju7Zwu9YGRb7-VMINDTwBODOQkmg2VLcl8H_PmgKSnZY4Oyf2LfTk11d6cGDVI1bcsiGgvCOVL_zqWbmGlwer6EiN0_WH3uVxXM1YKrmk

Pythas found himself awestruck, but it quickly turned to panic. He reached for the flute in his belt buckle, but instead it flew from his grip, being caught into the gauntleted hand of Gazardiael. The Aengul inspected it, turning it over in examination while the other two watched with arms folded, and finally he spoke:

“SEE  WHAT  YOU  HAVE  DONE”

Gazardiael motioned his free hand across the sky, and instantly what remained of the storm dissipated. Now clear, visible fractures of white light could be seen far above, shimmering faintly at the borders of the Plane. Liked forked lighting, these anomalies littered the sky, and from them petals of light descended, swaying in the air like falling leaves. Gazardiael then crushed the instrument within his hand, causing a deep purple fire to take its place.

“THIS  WAS  DAEMON”

“BUT  YOU  WILL  NOT  BE”

Gazardiael motioned his hand across the fire, and it turned from purple, to the purest of whites. With another flick of the same hand, Pythas was violently lifted into the air and pulled towards the Aengul, landing in his grip by the scruff of his dirtied shirt.

“NOW  FIX  WHAT  YOU  HAVE  WROUGHT”

“PLANEBREAKER!”

And with that, Gazardiael thrust the fire into the chest of the Planebreaker, proceeding to cast him backward with an effortless flick of his arm. Pythas yelled, but instead of striking against the ground, he was expelled from the Plane, and sent into another he may claim as his own.

9VeNbXD.png

The Great Tear has occurred, meaning that the Veil between Planes has been broken, and it is as a result of two separate events, culminating in a single disaster:

• The Breaching of the Veil: The Daemon, Iblees be responsible, though not by design. His wounded entity fell upon the Plane of Moz Strimoza, sending shards of the Plane piercing through the Veil. Voidal Horrors now run rampant, consuming the Planes of two Aenguls. Significant damage to the Veil was done, but still remained intact enough for both Mortal and Immortal Planes to stay separated.

• The Planebreaker acquired the ‘Pale Flute’, stolen from the Outvoker himself. It was capable of making small tears in the Veil for means of transport, and as the Planebreaker jumped through the many Immortal Planes, the small tears grew larger, eventually arriving at a critical point where The Great Tear occured. Had the Veil not already been damaged, this could perhaps have been avoided, but it was the Planebreaker that finished what Iblees had initiated.

The Pale Flute:

The Pale Flute was a nameless Daemon manifested as an object. Fallen and powerless, this Daemon performed one final act of incredible violence against the Aenguls, and became the Flute; a hideous magical artifact that seemed to defy Planar Laws. The Daemon knew well what would occur should the Flute be used.

Outvoker:

The Outvoker is an entity from Descendant history, though very little is known about him. He is known to have acquired several pages from a powerful book named the ‘Planar Dictate’, and became capable of safely travelling the Immortal Planes without consequence.

The Outvoker discovered the Pale Flute during his travels amidst the Immortal Planes, and returned it to the Mortal Plane where he might safeguard it, unable to physically destroy it himself. However, he failed to protect it, and by chance it was stumbled upon by a simple human scholar.

The scholar took it, entirely unaware of what it was, and what it was capable of doing. And so the Outvoker pursued him, desperately trying to stop the plane-hopping scholar before all Planes suffered cosmic consequences.

Pythas ‘Planebreaker’:

[[Disclaimer: This is the lore for the event-line’s main character, the Planebreaker, however, they cannot be used before being correctly established as an Aengul. If this proposal is accepted, the Planebreaker will be given a separate Lore submission, officialising him as an Aengul and further detailing the scope and limits of his power. If this lore is accepted, this disclaimer will be removed.]]

Pythas was once an uninfluential nobody; a simple human scholar that had departed his nation to seek knowledge of the divine. He discovered an ancient set of ruins that happened to be one of the many points of interest to the Outvoker, and in it he acquired the Pale Flute, simultaneously turning from entirely unimportant, to the most important creature across all Planes.

With the Veil torn asunder, the Aenguls were trapped within their Planes, desperately attempting to seal the breaches that had been made and stem the endless torrent of Voidal Horrors. Gazardiael merged the soul of the Daemon with Pythas’ in an act of desperation, creating a hybrid; a Mortal Aengul. Unlike the other Aengudaemonica, the Planebreaker is able to wander the Immortal Planes freely, and as an Aengul, no longer damage the Veil in the process.

The Aenguls reached the conclusion to create this hybrid, as they became more concerned with the security and repair of their own Planes and associated Voidal Tethers. The damage done to the Mortal Plane however, had no such guardian, not until now.

It is the Planebreaker’s purpose as an Aengul to repair the damage done to the Mortal Planes while other forces see to the Immortal ones. But, Pythas Planebreaker is the weakest Aengul by a large margin, and will need the help of Descendants to seal the breaches and gradually grow his power.

Planar Tears:

• Planar Tears are as a result of Arcane Displacement, the use of a magic to pierce through Planes. The ‘Law of Cosmic Correction’ will eventually correct the damage, but the cycle of tearing and self-repairing has now been set in motion. The Veil has been irreversibly damaged, and as some Tears close, others will open.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/194244-world-lore-the-law-of-cosmic-correction/?tab=comments#comment-1790897

• Planar Tears form as streaks of white light, resembling that of a static lightning-strike, and are direct gateways to any of the above documented Immortal Planes (excluding Locked Planes).

• Planar Tears will vary in duration, but will eventually become closed by the Law of Cosmic Correction. However, frequent use of a tear will increase the damage done to the Veil, and may keep it open permanently unless forcibly closed.

• Planar Tears are only able to be closed forcibly by the Aengudaemonica, but it must be done from inside the Immortal Plane the Tear leads to, and with great effort on behalf of the Aengul or Daemon.

• When using a Planar Tear and travelling to an Immortal Plane, the laws of chaos still preside, and the Descendants will draw more hostile attention from greater entities the longer they stay within the Plane.

• Descendants capable of receiving prophecies may be able to predict various aspects of Planar Tears, from their locations to their contents.

Consequences of The Great Tear:

Immortal Consequences:

• The Aengudaemonica will have Planar Tears form across their Planes, connecting to other Immortal Planes and to the Mortal ones. Through which, anything may pass.

• Voidal Horrors rise drastically in abundance, sieging many Immortal Planes in varying quantities, slipping through the Planar Tears.

• Immortal Planes will have exceptionally easy access to the Mortal Planes, allowing for the Aengudaemonica to influence the Mortal Planes to a much greater effect.

• Planar invaders, such as Moz Strimoza, may now be unleashed in greater might to both Mortal and Immortal Planes, able to make use of the many Tears that have become scattered across Moz Strimoza’s wide range of acquired Planes.

Mortal Consequences:

• Voidal Horrors will become a more serious and abundant threat as they slip through Planar Tears and into the Mortal Plane.

• Descendants will be able to access a variety of Immortal Planes.

• Descendants will be prone to sudden and random attacks from hostile Aengudaemonica that wish to exploit the presence of the Planar Tears.

• The forces of Moz Strimoza will strengthen, and continue invading the Mortal Planes with renewed vigor, now through the easily accessible Planar Tears.

• Pythas ‘Planebreaker’ will walk amongst the Mortal Planes.

Duration:

The Great Tear will become repaired somewhat over time by the celestials within the Veil and the Law of Cosmic Correction, eventually reducing the onslaught of Voidal Horrors to a more tolerable level. However, the Great Tear may never be fully undone, and the Mortal Plane will always spontaneously form Tears to random Immortal Planes, allowing the Descendants constant potential access to many realms of both wonder and terror.

When the crisis has passed, it is possible that the Aengudaemonica will learn how to manipulate these tears, and control them to work in their favour.

9VeNbXD.png

OOC Notes:

• This lore hopes to not only begin a new event-line, but to provoke the creation of many others that do not necessarily revolve around the Planebreaker and the Great Tear. This lore will open up the Immortal Planes to become more accessible for the creation of such events.

• Players will be able to mechanically explore Immortal Planes, meaning that many of them will now receive a physical build to represent them.

• The Planebreaker is designed to be reminiscent of The Wandering Wizard that roamed the land of Aegis - A benevolent and wandering, playable event character, who will primarily appear at the sites of Planar Tears, guiding Descendants into it to see them closed.

• Players will be able to get involved with large-scale, Planar Conquest events, and their input will sway its outcomes. Ultimately, player-interaction will play a part in deciding on the fates of the Aengudaemonica and their Immortal Planes.

• This lore is designed for longevity: Planar Tears will become a permanent feature of both Mortal and Immortal Planes.

[[Disclaimer: The following is a list of edits made to this lore after its initial posting. If this lore is accepted, both the list of edits and this disclaimer will be removed.]]

EDITS:

• Khaz’A’Dentrumm is removed. It is not yet canon, but a proposal is in the works by others. If Khaz’A’Dentrumm becomes canonised, its description will then be edited back into this post, and the lore linked.

• House of Tayl is removed. The Daemon is being worked on, and an introduction of a canonised plane at this time interferes with ST plans.

• Unseen Realm is removed. It does not exist canonically, and due to it being absent of description, it is a redundant piece of information.

• Kavenjun has been rewritten with the assistance of its lore-writer.

• The Spirit Realm has been edited to remove outdated lore.

• The Veil has been edited for clarity.

• The Nether is a part of the Mortal Planes, and has now been moved to that section.

• The Realm of Purity’s physical description has been edited.

• I have linked Arcane Displacement into the lore of ‘The Great Tear’.

• The reasons for the formation of ‘The Great Tear’ has been edited.

• Added ‘Aengudaemonic Power’ sub-section to the Immortal Planes for further clarity.

• Added a list of known but unvisited locations.

• Added detail to the Veil, the Void and the Soulstream.

• Added a prophecy clause.

• Edited Fae Realm to remove an error.

• General tidying.

The madman’s actually done it...

I’d like to see your Veil section changed a bit (i will read the rest but this part applies to my future lore):

The Veil isn’t a totally barren plane. Celestials exist within the veil. Voidal Horrors do not exist within the Veil. They instead swoop in like predator birds, plucking celestials from their haven.

21 minutes ago, BrandNewKitten said:

I’d like to see your Veil section changed a bit (i will read the rest but this part applies to my future lore):

The Veil isn’t a totally barren plane. Celestials exist within the veil. Voidal Horrors do not exist within the Veil. They instead swoop in like predator birds, plucking celestials from their haven.

Noted, I’ll fix it up. I’ll be making a few edits tomorrow, so if anyone does see something that doesn’t make sense then do let me know.

Incredible post and lore addition. Breaks down everything to a basic level for anybody who doesn’t know and gives the story and event teams unlimited possibilities to work with while keeping it interesting. Really hope this is accepted.

@Wretched

A few of the planes are a bit wonky but overall it’s fantastic. With Tayl, I’m currently planning to rework him with my implementation of another thing so his ‘plane’ doesnt really exist in the traditional sense. The concept of Plane Breaking also is really just how Arcane Displacement works, it’s an extension of the Outvoker’s left over scraps that the descendants have utilised to learn how to break into the fabric of different realities and planes. Unseen realm also doesnt exist in ‘proper’ canon, it’s a really weird thing that was never tied up with that lore.

Brath is always on the pseudo-canon/non-canon tightrope so their inclusion here is interesting. I’m not too keen on the entire eventline that you’ve proposed, placing gaz as the main force that created another ‘aengudaemonic’ anomaly kinda akin to the Outvoker. Seems a little redundant in the grand scheme of things

This is a very fascinating lore post. I will say, I am somewhat troubled by your inclusion of Khaz’a’Dentrumm and the Brathmordakin, as as far as I am informed no dwarves were reached out in the canonization of our lore. I’m the leader of the dwarven faith, btw, and have practically dedicated the last year of me playing on this server to writing lore for them and doing stuff related to them. But I do recognize and appreciate that you thought of it, at the same time.

There was a lore piece myself and a few others have been working on for a bit that should come out soon that would reference Khaz’a’Dentrumm and the Brathmordakin, kinda, so if that were to be passed I would expect that the ST work with both parties to make it so there isn’t... two Khaz’a’Dentrumms, lol.

Otherwise, this is some really fantastic work that puts more detail to what I always considered the most bullshitty and confusing part of the lore. Thanks @Wretched

44 minutes ago, Noobli said:

This is a very fascinating lore post. I will say, I am somewhat troubled by your inclusion of Khaz’a’Dentrumm and the Brathmordakin, as as far as I am informed no dwarves were reached out in the canonization of our lore. I’m the leader of the dwarven faith, btw, and have practically dedicated the last year of me playing on this server to writing lore for them and doing stuff related to them. But I do recognize and appreciate that you thought of it, at the same time.

There was a lore piece myself and a few others have been working on for a bit that should come out soon that would reference Khaz’a’Dentrumm and the Brathmordakin, kinda, so if that were to be passed I would expect that the ST work with both parties to make it so there isn’t... two Khaz’a’Dentrumms, lol.

Otherwise, this is some really fantastic work that puts more detail to what I always considered the most bullshitty and confusing part of the lore. Thanks @Wretched

No problem at all, I’ve removed it

My bad, thought it was already canon, did get the information off the wiki though

4 minutes ago, Wretched said:

No problem at all, I’ve removed it

My bad, thought it was already canon, did get the information off the wiki though

It’ll be up within the following week if anything, so I’ll keep you in tabs to keep yeh updated on it when it comes. 

8 minutes ago, Swqrclan said:

he returns from the brink. have you spoken with zarsies about the outvoker?

Yes

30908b5c4ea3eab95ac1d285b94490fa.png

This is like writing lore for six people, but then it gets worse because it goes onto snub its nose at everyone else, I hate it.

14 minutes ago, Fishy said:

30908b5c4ea3eab95ac1d285b94490fa.png

This is like writing lore for six people, but then it gets worse because it goes onto snub its nose at everyone else, I hate it.

this has been canon since 2013 tbf

Spirit realm needs touching up, spirits can’t manifest in the material world. Most of it is just out right wrong, contact ST to get more info there.  Best changed to be made to it. 

• The Elemental Plane is a Habitable Plane.

• The Immortal Plane is a Habitable Plane. 

This is un-true. The spirit realm was not made for mortals, as such, is not habitable. Even the ancestral plane. The elementals, made the Immortals, the Immortals, allowed the Ancestral to enter. It’s dangerous to visit the spirit realm. If you try to live there, it’s a PK. Such is why you need a shaman to enter it.