Conquest Trimmed (Lite Resource Pack)

GoodGuyMatt

Conquest Trimmed

Disclaimer: This is no way, shape or form my own work! Everything in this pack is taken from Monsterfish_’s Conquest Reforged Resource Pack... all I’ve done is edited it!

You can find the download links at the bottom after all the thread.

mZHklw8.png

Introduction

Now... to start with, if you don’t know what Conquest is, it’s a pretty epic, and heavy medieval resourcepack for Minecraft. It’s very complex, and includes a wide variety of textures, including changing an item’s appearance based on their name. This has led to it being used quite a bit in LOTC, since it helps us give actual textures to our custom weapons, be they polearms, jousting lances, or even blacksmith tongs. Overall, it’s a beautiful and rather popular tool that can be of good use in roleplaying situation.

However, the thing with, as I said, is that it’s a thicc pack. Normally, people and their relationship with Conquest fall in three categories:

- Your laptop or computer is a PC masterrace, and it can reat Conquest for breakfast.

- Your laptop or computer is an absolute potato, and you get around 3-10fps with it if you’re lucky... not to mention going to dense places like nation cities and such

- Or you’re like me, and your laptop or computer is powerful enough to run the Witcher 3 in max settings, but it freaks out when it sees Conquest, or Minecrafti n general.

If you fall in either of the two last categories and you’ve tried using Conquest before, you probably won’t find it very easy or convenient... however, of course, you also want your chad mineman item pixels to look epic as hell, but you can’t do it without Conquest, since it’s so cramped with other things that it just doesn’t make it worth it.

For a preview, here is the list of the custom tools you could make in Conquest :

https://ravand.org//refsheet_tools.html

How it works is that you just put the specified name for each tool on the appropriate item, and it changes the texture to what you see

If that’s your case, then I’m here to save you and yo broke ass PC... I present to you, Conquest Trimmed

It’s literally Conquest Reforged, but I removed almost everything that cramped it up and made it very heavy... including almost every building block, skies, etc. The only things that are really left right now are some items and tools, as well as some instrument blocks I added, but I’ll talk about those later.

Spoiler

Most of what the pack changes:

Grym5Gs.png

7ZaQlnd.png

XJAHIpf.png

Benifits

Why would you want to use this pack? Well let me tell you:

- It includes the very epic and nice Custom Conquest textures for different types of weapons, including Greatswords, Bastardswords, Polearms, etc.

- It is very lightweight, due to having removed almost everything else, and thus it should result in minimal performance drop.

- It uses a pretty chad and RP friendly Font (though I’ve heard of the Conquest Font messing up when writing books in Minecraft, so keep that in mind)

- Nothing else is changed except the textures I’ll mention below, so you can use it with other resource packs such as Faithful, or whatever you wish really

- I have also added custom textures for Instruments, which are quite compatible with LOTC (see the “Extra” section for more info)

- Due to original Conquest being a pretty thicc pack, at times it conflicted with other mods, the specific experience I had was with 1.15 MPM... I tried it with this pack, and so far it doesn’t seem to have the same problem

Spoiler

Examples:

bpOAJ3b.png

Unchanged Textures

(The following all include the custom variations seen in https://ravand.org//refsheet_tools.html)

As of now, the things I’ve left from the original Conquest Pack are:

Warfare:

- Swords

-Armor + Horse Armor

- Shields + Banners

- Axes

-Bows + Crossbows

- Arrows

- Tridents

Tools:

- Shovels

- Pickaxes

- Fishing Rods + Carrot on a stick

- Shears

- Flint and Steel

Other:

- Paintings

- The Conquest Font

(Unless I missed mentioning anything, then everything except the ones listed above will remain in the vanilla textures)

Extra – Instruments!

Now, aside from just trimming I also decided to do some extra work, specifically concerning instrumental textures in the pack. In the orginal Conquest Pack, the Discs were retextured to look like instruments.

So I used some of those exact textures to make actual Custom Instruments that can be used in LOTC.

So far I’ve only added 4 of them: Lute, Violin, Flute, Pan Flute, and Bagpipe

To get these, all you have to do is rename the respective items so that the names mentioned above are at least included, and the texture will change. Here are the specifics:

Spoiler

Original items and the Renamed ones

Sd3gos1.png

Lute:

Any type of shovel + rename including the word “Lute”

Violin:

Any type of shovel + rename including the word “Violin”

Flute:

Stick + rename including the word “Flute”

or

Bamboo + rename including the word “Flute”

Pan Flute:

Gold Ingot + rename including the word “Pan Flute” (include the space)

Bagpipe:

Green Dye + rename including the word “Bagpipe”

or

Nether Quartz + rename including the word “Bagpipe”

Download Link

If for some reason you’re seeing this post like 8 years later, I prolly won’t be able to reshare it with you... either because I won’t be on LOTC anymore, I’d have lost it, It’ll be very outdated, or we would all have died from the IRL Inferi invasion

MEDIAFIRE LINK:

https://j.gs/EYhd

(The short link above was provided to be by Monsterfish_)

Outro

Two things before I finish off:

One, I haven’t spent a whole bunch on reworking this and I’m no expert either, I literally just removed images, so if there are any complex technical problems with the pack, I probably won’t be the best to help... but HMU anyway

Secondly, I want to mention again that This is not my work, I haven’t added anything of my own in it, and the credit all goes to the cool people in https://conquest.ravand.org/

Not Finding the Resource Fix + Removing Fonts

This is an edit where I’d like to point out to things in case you were wondering or you needed help with them.

If you just drag the ZIP file into your resource pack folder and open minecraft up, you’ll notice it’s not there. To fix this, simply open the ZIP file, then move the foldier inside it into your resource pack foldier. Sorry for the small inconvenience!

And if you’re looking to remove fonts, instead of just posting another link, I’ll show you how to do it:

Open the Resource Pack Foldier, go to “assets”, then go to “mincraft”, then “optifine”, and lastly delete the foldier named “fonts”

That’s it!

If you need more help HMU!

What a chad, now add a proper Warhammer

Oooh, I made something similar to this in the past for myself. But not because of my computer, I have bad eyesight and conquest makes it very hard for me to see the difference between blocks. So back in 1.12 I made an edit that removed all the main building block textures, but kept all the decorative blocks [flower pots, or connected texture things like turning blocks into barrels and **** with optifine etc, glass panes and the sort]

as well as things like the sky and stuff, so you get that conquest feel but I can still see.

So I appreciate the work you put into this, because *man* did that take forever to do for me, good job 👍

14 minutes ago, Sybbyl0127 said:

Oooh, I made something similar to this in the past for myself. But not because of my computer, I have bad eyesight and conquest makes it very hard for me to see the difference between blocks. So back in 1.12 I made an edit that removed all the main building block textures, but kept all the decorative blocks [flower pots, or connected texture things like turning blocks into barrels and **** with optifine etc, glass panes and the sort]

as well as things like the sky and stuff, so you get that conquest feel but I can still see.

So I appreciate the work you put into this, because *man* did that take forever to do for me, good job 👍

Hahahaha yea Conquest does kind of have that effect... as well as being a little dark at times.

I hope you find it useful my man o7

UPDATE

After some playing around with the pack, I realized that there was a problem with the custom shields. If you had a shield that was custom named and you tried holding it up, it’d just show a black and purple block texture.

To fix that, all you have to do is download the folder I’ll link bellow, then go to the folder in your game 

Conquest Trimmed by GoodGuyMatt_\assets\minecraft

then open the downloaded .rar file, and just dump the “models” folder in the location mentioned above, reload the pack, and it will be fixed. 

Scuza for the inconvenience!

Download:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k96wp8uiglw8gf2/models.rar/file