AndrewTech's 600th Post

AndrewTech

Hello there! My name’s AndrewTech.

Some of you may have seen me on the server over the course of the last 8 years, mainly in communities within humanity but also within other groups as well. This is my 600th post, and I am exactly one week away from my 8th anniversary of being a part of the LotC community.

That’s really why I'm making this in all honesty, just to commemorate these last 8 years and this 600th post as a sort of landmark. But, as an added bonus, do feel free to ask me any questions you might have about my characters or my experiences on LotC if you wish. As I’m a more private sort of person, I can’t promise you that I’ll answer anything that you ask of me, but you never know! So yeah, feel free to ask away.

Also, please no toxicity and/or hateful comments. Should be a given but I figured that I should throw that out there in any case.

Who are your top 3 FAVORITE personas of all time that you have played? And your top 3 ROLEPLAY moments of all time?

Have you eaten today ???

What inspired the VonSchlictens? What did Mandru get up to in Asulon?

8 years.... loser.... try being here 9....

why have you not married any of my characters yet

How was your day today?

What is your favorite color?

Who is your favorite Royal Triplet? 👀  

Let’s say you have 100% freedom, power, and ability to do something with the NGS on the server – don’t got to worry about time consumption, effort, restrictions, or anything else.  What would you like to do with it? 

2 hours ago, MunaZaldrizoti said:

Who are your top 3 FAVORITE personas of all time that you have played? And your top 3 ROLEPLAY moments of all time?

@MunaZaldrizoti 

Hmm... Good question.

My top three favorite personas would probably be some of my more recent ones since my return to the server. Namely, I would say that they would go in the order of:

1.) Sir Konrad Stafyr / Dr. Mandru VonSchlichten [They tie, deal with it]

2.) King Andrik IV

3.) C. E. Herbert

I’ll explain why, starting with the first two.

==============================================

Dr. Mandru VonSchlichten

I’ll always have a special place for in my heart for this guy right here, meant to be a throwaway char for medical RP yet somehow evolving into much more. Just as you never forget your first love, you never, ever forget your first real character. And Mandru was mine, a bumbling doctor who somehow found himself under the employment of the great Saul VonSchlichten.

After the collapse of the original VonSchlichtenCo, he discovered his true heritage as a lost VonSchlichten, learned magic, became a Proconsul of the Gallmorian Republic, and then spent the remainder of his life fighting dark beings in order to atone for the loss of the rest of his family and friends. He was incredibly successful and it was really hard to let him go for a long, long time. I’ll still always treasure the memories that I made as him.

Sir Konrad Stafyr

Contrary to popular belief, Konrad was my first Stafyr character that I ever had. Although I had been a notable family friend of the Stafyrs for multiple generations and a number of IRL years, I had never actually played one. But my word, it was worth the wait... I never sought to advance as far as I did on this character, as like Mandru, Konrad was originally designed as a throwaway character to use for warclaims during the War of the Two Emperors.

Yet through the power of RP, he ended up slaying a direwolf, becoming a knight of Haense, and eventually being named as the Lord Speaker of a certain prototype institution known as the Duma all through role-play. From there, he became Palatine, then a popular and successful senator who was beloved by everyone, and finally the President of the Commons before his eventual retirement and subsequent death a couple of weeks ago.

Konrad was loved by pretty much everyone I spoke to while I played him, and like Mandru, he was extremely hard to let go of. He had a great family, a grand reputation, and led a very successful life in both Haense and the greater Empire. I advanced further in LotC politics on him than I had ever thought imaginable, and my success with that character is what eventually gave me my shot to serve as the Haense NL.

King Andrik IV

While I must admit that I played Andrik during an incredibly stressful time in both the history of the Haense community and in my own personal life, he represented soooooooooooo much to me. For nearly 8 years, I had dreamt of becoming a human monarch, but had never thought this achievement to have been possible. However, my good friend Emenzi took notice of how much time and effort I had put into reviving that community, and he decided to offer me the chance to play his son.

At first, I declined the offer. It was a hard semester of college and I didn’t want to put playing Andrik above my academics. But I eventually changed my mind and decided to take the character, knowing that it would be incredibly difficult to forgive myself if I declined and that I might never have another opportunity at playing a king within humanity.

My biggest regret about Andrik is that he came to the throne at a very turbulent time, with both the Rubern War raging and the community having a lot of internal squabbles within. But I’m proud of his legacy in that he managed to mend the vast majority of those divides before I was forced to PK him early in order to pursue an internship IRL. While only crazy people become kings and my time as King of Haense was stressful, I’m glad I did it, and the way that I’m told he touched so many characters within Haense really warms my heart.

C. E. Herbert

Celestine is a character who I’ve been particularly fond of thus far. In all honesty, she’s great, a total badass who never gives in and has an unshakable determination to spread knowledge of both history and culture across the Empire and (hopefully someday) greater Arcas as well.

It’s hard to say where she’ll be going from here, but I can confidently say that the establishment of the Northern Geographical Society has been my favorite thing to do since I was part of RHcrow’s VonSchlichtenCo. I’m really proud of what Cellie’s been able to accomplish and am looking forward to what which is still to come!

==============================================

And as to my favorite roleplay moments of all time:

1.) The Invasion of Von HillWaaaaay back in Anthos, the ET at the time decided to surprise VonSchlichtenCo with an event. While we were focusing on some of our whacky engineering experience deep within the mountains of Old Hanseti, Saul accidentally unleashed a horde of endermen from another dimension! The engineers had to fight off the creatures within VonSchlichtenCo security devices until the Teutonic Order could arrive to take command of the situation and save the day.

The facility was sorta laid out like Black Mesa, and years later I would come to realize that the whole thing was pretty much just a spoof of Half Life 1! Damn that event was great, and that along with those first days I had with the VonSchlichtens at their facility in Kalos remain some of my fondest IRP memories.

2.) Ser Konrad Slays the Direwolf – So when Konrad was first becoming a knight, Dibley / Cracker volunteered to run an event for his final knighthood trial during the War of the Two Emperors. It involved he, his brother Artos, and a privateer known by the name of Thomas Raleigh venturing into the forests north of Ves in order to track down and kill a beast which had kidnapped two young children and their mother.

Konrad ended up fighting off packs of wolves, setting up traps in front of a large pack lair, saving the two children from said lair, facing down a dark mage, and of course killing a badass direwolf in the end. I still maintain that aside from RHcrow’s home-brew events and the Invasion of Von Hill mentioned above, this remains one of my favorite events that the ST has run to date. Thanks for the memory, Dib.

3.) Mandru’s First Days at VonSchlichtenCo – You cannot force dynamic roleplay like this into existence. I was pugsied by a noob, saved by a bunch of German engineers, and hired as a chief medical officer at the greatest engineering facility in the known world all over the course of a day.

It’s hard to describe what they were like. Absolute brilliance would be the closest approximation. @Ezo Karasuga (RHcrow) helped to foster my roleplaying techniques as a newer player myself and really entranced me with what LotC was, and could be, if only we kept to RP instead of OOC toxicity, shenanigans, and hatred. I could go further into what those days were like, but I’ll save that for when I answer Han’s question!

1 hour ago, LATTE said:

Have you eaten today ???

@LATTE

NO.

(yes I ate some delicious pizza ty for asking dashing <3)

1 hour ago, Hanrahan said:

What inspired the VonSchlictens? What did Mandru get up to in Asulon?

@Hanrahan

Ahhh... Good question, Han old pal. I’ll answer your question in two parts:

1.) The Inspiration for the VonSchlichtens

The VonSchlichtens actually existed for over a decade before LotC since the early 90’s in a series of Dungeons and Dragons campaigns run by their founder, a career dungeon master. They were ported over by @Ezo Karasuga (RHcrow) onto the server when he first joined during early Aegis. They are a family of mages historically, usually dark but sometimes also good. However, after magic became severely restricted and the VonSchlichtens were unable to continue having access to the arcane, RHcrow switched over to gearing the family toward engineering and inventing instead. 

Turns out, they were far more successful at that than all that magic stuff. Still though, they continue to maintain both brands, and I fully intend to bring a VonSchlichten back someday. Maybe even next map...? Who knows!

In any case, a VonSchlichten has to struggle constantly against the draw of Good vs. Evil, Right vs. Wrong. He quests for power and glory but he also cares for others around him, and for the general march of progress for all mankind. The greatest travesty for the VonSchlichtens is that just as they’re on the verge of advancing that progress, it’s usually destroyed by forces of regression or by their own foolhardy ambition. Great unique family with decades of lore behind them, 10/10 will never stop playing.

2.) Mandru’s Misadventures

See the above at Muna’s question. Von Hill and my first few days at the company were honestly my most treasured memories of LotC that I have ever had. Wouldn’t change them for anything.

I could spend all night talking about Mandru and the things that he did, but I’ll just let this journal do so in my stead:

Most of this took place in Kalos, where I started to play Mandru, as well as early Anthos. As a forewarning, I wrote it back when I was a noob so... Please don’t judge. Sadly, Mandru never existed in Asulon. Only his short lived twin brother Rathian did! Anyway, please enjoy.

1 hour ago, erik0821 said:

8 years.... loser.... try being here 9....

Shut up @erik0821, you show off... Should’ve let the Endermen probe you like they wanted to back on Von Hill! 😠 

1 hour ago, yandeer said:

why have you not married any of my characters yet

Hmm... Good question @yandeer. Ur just a little bit too slow I suppose! 😉 Perhaps someday, you shall stumble upon a dashing single male of mine and shall have your chance at one of my world famous wholesome, low conflict RP relationships! Gotta happen sometime, amirite??

1 hour ago, UnBaed said:

How was your day today?

What is your favorite color?

Who is your favorite Royal Triplet? 👀  

Let’s say you have 100% freedom, power, and ability to do something with the NGS on the server – don’t got to worry about time consumption, effort, restrictions, or anything else.  What would you like to do with it? 

@UnBaed

1.) It was great! Ran a successful event that involved about 14-15 people that was very much appreciated and loved by the participants. Also got to watch several Star Trek episodes and stroll around campus. Life ain’t bad right now... Just hope the COVID will go away soon enough.

2.) Blue. I like most shades of blue, but especially royal blue. I love that color.

3.) Oh dear... Please, please don’t make me play favorites!

(I love all of my prized royal triplet princesses equally, but among equals, I think Alexandria is probably my personal favorite as she’s so much like her dad. <3)

4.) I would like to see the NGS become an international organization, expand beyond the Empire and establish museums with autonomous curators in all of the server’s major nations. Urguan, Haelun’or, Krugmar, Norland, and Aegrothond would all be ideal to one day see the NGS keep up museums in.

As well, I’d like to do a lot more with exploration RP and create adventures for the entire organization and the server at large rather than just our existing friend group. The NGS project is ambitious, but I’m greatly looking forward to how Celestine and her friend’s adventures one day pan out!

3 hours ago, AndrewTech said:

Also, please no toxicity and/or hateful comments. Should be a given but I figured that I should throw that out there in any case.

Day. Ruined.

Who is your favorite member of the NGS and why is it Tanith?

who’s been your favorite, most controversial (but ultimately loving...), rp mother 😳

also, do you play any instruments?!

when will u and i play another frp like when we first met?

also, nerd.

when will u and i play another frp like when we first met?

also, nerd.