[✗] [Feat + Magic Lore] The Keepers of Knowledge

AlphaMoist

1 hour ago, Gallic said:

I’d prefer to see this as an Ixli thing since I’m biased

Ixli being the spirit of forbidden knowledge

t̶͖̖͆h̵̞̟̜̦̹̬̉̋̑͋̃i̶̘̦̳̤͚̬͆̑͌̉͊̿̎̐̐́̚͝͝ͅş̵͍̩̠̀̄́͆̔̂̕͜ ̶̧͉͍̯̳̔́͂̉̃̄͜į̴̭̱̺̻͖̺́̀̔̾̏̈́̏̅̚͠s̸̯̿ ̷̮̼̯̊͑̄̂̈́k̷̡̧̻͔̗̬̈̍̌̂̏̅͘i̴͓̣̯̘̰̺̞̭͌̈́͜ň̶͍̬͕̯ď̴͕͇̙͓̰̫̻̹̾͜a̶̢̛͕͕͈̘̍̌̈́̈̿̇̽̚̚͝ ̵̨̬͍̲̹̙̭̗̹̟͈̘͕̌ͅc̷̛̞͈͈͚̒̆̓̑͘͠o̷̡̳͔̱̱̦̼̺̜̰̙͑́̽̈̇̚̕o̵̮̫̻̬̯̣̭̦͆̾̊̾̓͜l̵̰̰̪̳͛̿ ̵̣͔̹̐̌̌̅͑̀̍̈̾̽͌̕ͅb̸̛̹͚̗͕̣̠̼͚͐̐͗̒̑̐̿̎̕͘͜͠u̶̢̪̬̫̰̹̝̺̩̠̣̦̻͗̏́̈́̅͘͜͝t̴̨̛͇͍͉͉̙̫͉̝̘̺̺̝͒͒͊́̋͋͜͠ͅ ̴̛̫̤͇͉̌̀̋͂̈́̀͗͗̾̆̒̚͝͝d̴̡̧̟̹̭̱̖̬̝͖̹̮͑̆͐̆̀̀͊̑̅̌͘̕͜͠͠͝ŗ̵̧͇͙̩̭̥̻͎͕̼̠̈̾̂̓̆͜͝ͅa̶̡͖͍̫̻̭͇̝̻̞̻̝̬͗̔̉͆̀͌͑̚͜ͅg̶̖̯̜̜͖̤̿͑́͗̄̀͂͗̓̒̉̚͜͜͝ä̴̯͊̈́́a̶̯̳̯̞̼͇͕̘͔̣͉̎̃̈́̈́̔̈́ṟ̷͓̰̥̝̟̺̙̺͈̫̇͋͠ ̵̤̳̐̋͝l̶̼̬͕̥̪̯͓̹̳̲͘͜e̵̢̘̞̼̝̰̣͇͔͍̜͉̩̣͒̌x̵͙̰̻̯͕̋̈́͂̏̂̾̆̾͘̕į̴̧̰̯̩̱̜̬̙̺̙̭̫̭͛̌͑͊̀͗͠ͅc̶̥̝̰̹̖̖̼͓̀̔̇͜ơ̴̫̳̂͆̓̀̔̉̒͒̈́̑̔̕͝n̷̡͎̬͙̣̯̜̯̖͇̟̓͋̊̕ş̷̗̣̠̰͍̹̂̈̇̍̆̽̌͆͝͝͠͝ ̸̫̰̗̳̬̽̊̾͗a̵̧̧̧͙̰̺̳͖̖̼̟̺̝͗͊̐̌̈r̷͙̱̲͔̩̹̞̾̇̅͊͆̓̕͜͝e̶̘̮̩͖̣̙̖͍̦͠ ̴͉̝̺͉̯̬̔̊̀͛̈̈̂̊͋́͘͝ͅç̷̡̡̡̖̝̻̪̮͛͜͝ͅơ̵̡̛̙̤̬̣̻͓̗͋̊̽̀̎͐̈́̕͝o̷̡̧̲̬̻̝̐̀͑̊̈́̄̀̄̔͒ļ̴̡̘̘̺̪̙̞̺̞̞͓̞̔͒̊͗̀ȇ̴̙͖̗̝̼̱̎̋̌̈́̍̋̐́̄̍̏͂́͘ř̷̨̳̱̹̫̪̬͙͚̟͍

The abilities are well balanced and relatively well-fitted to the general aesthetic. +1

3 hours ago, Gallic said:

I’d prefer to see this as an Ixli thing since I’m biased

Ixli being the spirit of forbidden knowledge

Also it isn’t fitting to the orc shaman-like spirit aesthetic you are most likely wanting from this lore at all. The voidal thematic the lore is focused upon is the most optimal, at least i find. Though realistically it could work with ixli if it was entirely reshaped to fit into that theme.

Looks like great lore, I’d love to see it implemented 

Cool lore. Cognatism has gone from jimmy neutron magic to a fully fleshed our merge with mental magic. I **** with this

I think you have the foundation for something interesting here, but currently this strikes me as something better on paper than practice. It looks like this magic will ultimately end up having very little impact on RP (bar the weaknesses, I’ll get to that), just because it doesn’t actually do much, and what it does do takes place in an unseen, non-mechanically represented location. It’s more of a character gimmick than a lore that will have longevity.

It reads like a story or even an event proposal. At the moment, it looks like abstract lovecraft for the sake of lovecraft, though the magic is clearly designed with that sense of cosmic horror in mind, that to me is where its substance ends; I think it needs something more, something that will have more of a lasting effect on other characters as well as your own. I urge you to draw away from cognitism and explore some other routes, as it was cognitism that shared some of these issues in the first place.

I disagree that going through screenshots/notes of your own RP is a form of metagaming, and even if it was this feat magic is not an applicable solution to that problem as it won’t be widespread, it is after all, a magic. IRL humans have their own lives to remember, it makes sense that you’d need to read up OOCly on past RP as the character themselves should realistically remember more than the human playing them can (they only need to remember their own life).

The weaknesses are especially better on paper than practice. Illiteracy, muteness and paralysis are simply not enjoyable things to RP for an extended period of time (illiteracy is the least unenjoyable here, but because of the ‘compulsion’ to write I think it will still grow old quickly). Unless you have crafted a character already specifically focused on one of these weaknesses, they will quickly develop into burdens so heavy that you will actually remove yourself from a lot of potential RP, having the adverse affect from what you intended.

Regardless, I enjoyed the read and I really like the concept, but I think it needs some work before it’s ready to be implemented into gameplay.

On 8/20/2020 at 5:54 PM, Sorcerio said:

Still better than Unsound

Suck my c*ck pundy.

Nonetheless since my magic was listed and as such I got 2 f*cking pings I feel compelled to comment.

Reading this gives me a flavor of what i wanted to do with Unsound before those ideas were basically denied and the magic was forced into a hardcore gimmick zone in order for it to be accepted (not an exaggeration). If it weren't for obvious reasons id rewrite Unsound from scratch and enter in the new components that I wanted to see get passed through- though obviously I won't be doing that any time soon. If any cool LT or player wants to do that though feel free to hmu in my PMs.

Nonetheless the lore is good void edge. I still wanna see a proper subsection of void magic called "corruption" or whatever for the voidal arts which **** with the soul and are borderline dark magics but perhaps that will come with time.

Good luck in the lore votes

The concept of Mindspace has been explored in the following lore linked below. This is a piece of lore that has been used by many to fulfill the same purpose laid out in the mindscape here. As a knowledge bank/mind-world and is currently being rewritten right now. Feel free to contact me about the concept so we can make both lore pieces work together cohesively.

Edited by Booklight12

18 hours ago, Dont_Advertise said:

Suck my c*ck pundy.

😔

I didn’t ignore anyone and I meant to get back and make some changes, but to be honest, this was never a set in stone project of mine that I was desperately excited to see get implemented. I was just in the mood to write and I ended up writing all of this. 

Due to my inability to motivate myself properly in order to add the suggested changes I agree with, I’m not going to be making further edits to this. If this gets into a lore mag and is denied, anyone is free to adopt this and use any ideas herein to write a suitable fix; I won’t mind. I’d appreciate some credit though. 

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.