Remove 1.9

argonian

Should we go back to 1.8 PVP  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Should we go back to 1.8 PVP(no swing cooldowns - what we had until today)?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

basically the question is should we have a broken server or not

I should re state that what you vote on when you vote for 1.8 or 1.9 pvp is 1.9 pvp or pvp that is 1.9 but worse that we call 1.8 pvp

14 minutes ago, Professorus said:

basically the question is should we have a broken server or not

what you mean

14 minutes ago, Professorus said:

I should re state that what you vote on when you vote for 1.8 or 1.9 pvp is 1.9 pvp or pvp that is 1.9 but worse that we call 1.8 pvp

I’ve read this 3 times and I had a stroke doing it but I still don’t understand what the **** it means please help

Just now, argonian said:

what you mean

1.8 pvp is not a natural thing in 1.15 minecraft, its a plug in, and as minecraft gets updated the plug in will get progressively more broken because minecraft doesn’t support it

having said that, with the combat plug there are multiple weapons and weapon types, they will have cool downs, so either we can have broken 1.8 pvp that progressively gets worse yet its still 1.9 pvp
or
we have the same thing in 1.9 pvp and it doesn’t break the server

3 minutes ago, Professorus said:

1.8 pvp is not a natural thing in 1.15 minecraft, its a plug in, and as minecraft gets updated the plug in will get progressively more broken because minecraft doesn’t support it

having said that, with the combat plug there are multiple weapons and weapon types, they will have cool downs, so either we can have broken 1.8 pvp that progressively gets worse yet its still 1.9 pvp
or
we have the same thing in 1.9 pvp and it doesn’t break the server

it’s not broken and there’s no reason it would get “progressively more broken”. it just has to be updated for every version of minecraft(that’s if it's in-house, which I don’t think it is), just like every other plugin we have

vs 1.19 where we have to update one less tiny plugin, wow, but now PVP is utterly impossible when there’s the slightest bit of lag, and lotc always has massive lag in PVP, so now PVP is beyond impossible – GG

4 minutes ago, argonian said:

it’s not broken and there’s no reason it would get “progressively more broken”. it just has to be updated for every version of minecraft(that’s if it's in-house, which I don’t think it is), just like every other plugin we have

vs 1.19 where we have to update one less tiny plugin, wow, but now PVP is utterly impossible when there’s the slightest bit of lag, and lotc always has massive lag in PVP, so now PVP is beyond impossible – GG

you realize the lag in pvp is caused by the server using 1.8 pvp right? the hit registry caused by using 1.8 pvp makes hitting people slower than 1.9 pvp anyways

but yes, the plug in does not work at 100%  and the more the server is updated the less able the plug in will be able to be patched and updated to continue working, to fix 1.8 pvp on the server you would literally need to recode minecraft, and unfortunately lotc doesn’t own minecraft so i dont see that happening.

4 minutes ago, Professorus said:

you realize the lag in pvp is caused by the server using 1.8 pvp right? the hit registry caused by using 1.8 pvp makes hitting people slower than 1.9 pvp anyways

but yes, the plug in does not work at 100%  and the more the server is updated the less able the plug in will be able to be patched and updated to continue working, to fix 1.8 pvp on the server you would literally need to recode minecraft, and unfortunately lotc doesn’t own minecraft so i dont see that happening.

the lag in pvp is not caused by 1.8 just lol. yeah maybe it’d be slightly better without it, but the server lags even outside of pvp, and we had crazy pvp lag even when we used 1.9 pvp. it didn’t suddenly get worse when we originally got the plugin to bring back 1.8 pvp either. do you have dementia or something to think that pvp was all sunshine and roses in 1.9 before suddenly becoming a lagfest when we switched to 1.8 years ago now?

and “you hit slower with no swing timers” LOL

Just now, argonian said:

the lag in pvp is not caused by 1.8 just lol. yeah maybe it’d be slightly better without it, but the server lags even outside of pvp, and we had crazy pvp lag even when we used 1.9 pvp. it didn’t suddenly get worse when we originally got the plugin to bring back 1.8 pvp either. do you have dementia or something to think that pvp was all sunshine and roses in 1.9 before suddenly becoming a lagfest when we switched to 1.8 years ago now?

and “you hit slower with no swing timers” LOL

I mean I don’t know what to tell you besides I don’t know how else to tell you that you are wrong. 1.8 pvp does cause lag within pvp, 1.8 does have problems with hit registry that only hits every other hit, 1.8 pvp is slower than 1.9 because of that. 1.9 pvp hasn’t been on lotc as you said, for years, so I really can only assume that you either are greatly misinformed and just parroting something that someone told you, or that you are making things up because you can’t fight in 1.9 pvp.

10 minutes ago, Professorus said:

I mean I don’t know what to tell you besides I don’t know how else to tell you that you are wrong. 1.8 pvp does cause lag within pvp, 1.8 does have problems with hit registry that only hits every other hit, 1.8 pvp is slower than 1.9 because of that. 1.9 pvp hasn’t been on lotc as you said, for years, so I really can only assume that you either are greatly misinformed and just parroting something that someone told you, or that you are making things up because you can’t fight in 1.9 pvp.

i didn’t say it doesn’t cause some lag, but saying it’s THE cause of lag in pvp is clearly wrong.

and lol @ “dude 1.9 hasn’t been around for years how would you know” – because i was there for it obviously. so were you. not my fault you have alzheimers.

17 minutes ago, DizPanda said:

I mean to be fair... we don’t even have 1.9 right now...so how can we rid something that doesn’t exist on the server yet?

we switched to it for like half an hour 

47 minutes ago, Professorus said:

PvP lag is caused by current versions of Minecraft being very unoptimized for servers, so when there’s too many people in a chunk at once, it can’t really handle it very well.

I don’t know if the lag or hit registration would be slightly better if 1.9+ PvP was used in the current version of Minecraft or not. What I do know is that we’re probably not gonna have lag-free warclaims unless Mojang fixes the server lag in recent versions, or if we somehow downgrade the server/war server for lag reasons.