Sign in to follow this  
Pureimp10

ANNOUNCEMENT OF AN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY: SIR EDWARD GALBRAITH, 1782

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

Eighteenth Imperial Diet

House of Commons

VA-d5tlAfud4SSbtb9KCWjId_RkOBH2IWs7PA4NHFPsf-KRg7p9dAZADjCRC2b2R5Og0oEMQ7vdO4g0FQBT1toJ3nsEOwhHiBA4efgyJ7PAhq006NWuUy6X9X66gNhlHg09n6ClR

ANNOUNCEMENT OF AN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY

for Sir Edward Galbraith, Secretary of the Interior

3rd of Sun’s Smile. 1782

My fellow Orenians,

It is a sad day when this House sees fit to draft articles of impeachment, but in this matter, we see no other option. That is why on this 3rd of Sun’s Smile, I announce the beginning of an official impeachment inquiry into the Secretary of the Interior Sir Edward Galbraith.

For this inquiry, the House lays the following charges against him:

No confidence

• A lack of confidence by the House in the Secretary’s ability to perform his duties well.

Abuse of power

• Charging significantly less on deeds that directly benefited the Secretary.
  • Creating a hostile workplace, causing fear in those would speak out against him.
  • Wrongful dismissal of employees.

Mismanagement

• Failure to maintain proper records of Ministry of Interior work.
  • Fabricating documents after-the-fact to appease House subpoenas.

In the coming year, there shall be a trial presided by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, during which time the Secretary may defend himself against these charges. Should he fail to attend, this House shall find him guilty and hold a vote to impeach immediately.

Witness my hand and the seal of the House of Commons, at the City of Helena this 3rd of Sun’s Smile, 1782.

Signed,

zZG6wZheRPwxqF67xtJfsG1spKn1oGlOZdrUqPKOaKPt5lgCPchwolh7NgH3YdCWSAuhUrLVD4LZqEIOZXoPj4aMij_hHo6uMi5SLk09PilJ7ObioUDG5YPfL_HgKbZpe2-RYxDN

President of the Commons

Spoiler

August 29th, 3 PM EST. Subject to change depending on availability of all necessary parties.

Edited by Pureimp10

STATEMENT FROM THE MINISTRY OF THE INTERIOR REGARDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF AN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY

The no confidence accusation is an unconstitutional and arbitrary charge never seen before in an impeachment inquiry and untypical of the Writs of Impeachment created ad hoc by the current Presidency of the House of Commons in another attempt to harm my reputation; so I will take all the legal actions necessary in regard with that charge in order to protect my rights.

And in regard with the other two charges they are just -once again- false accusations against me and most of them were already dismissed when the Leadership of the House of Commons cancelled the former impeachment inquiry against me in the previous session of the Imperial Diet.

I’m looking forward to attend the aforementioned impeachment trial but shouldn’t there be impeachment hearings before doing the trial? Or are the rules and proceedings established in the imperial law unexistant for the President of the House of Commons?

It is also curious to see how the House of Commons only issues Writs of Summons for the Ministry of the Interior but does not hold to account any of the other Ministries of the Crown. No other Ministry has been summoned before the Imperial Diet during this session, only mine.

It is obvious that there is a clear political intention behind this impeachment inquiry against me and against what I represent in our Country.

Mister President Rakoczy, you only play politics when it suits you; you don’t care of the people of Oren, you just care of yourself and that’s something I’ll always fight against. 

Sincerely,

HIS EXCELLENCY, SIR EDWARD GALBRAITH, SECRETARY OF THE INTERIOR.

“Da fucc they doin’ ova dere?” Brandt Barclay would wonder as he’d read on such events happening in Helena

Spoiler

Brandt Barclay:

3klhbb.jpg

Philip nods as his assistant hands him the document, a smile forming on his face. “I guess I’ll need to prepare my statement, then.”

“Hmmmm. They’re trying to impeach him again. I wonder if anything will actually come of it this time.” Edvard Amador mutters to himself as he lights up an Amador Seventy Five Thousand Collection Cigar.

21 minutes ago, sergisala said:

Statement from the Ministry of the Interior regarding the Announcement of an Impeachment Inquiry 

snip

A letter from the Office of the President of the House of Commons.

“To the Secretary of the Interior,

You allege that the ‘no confidence’ charge is unconstitutional and never seen before, and accuse me of breaking the law in including such in the inquiry. However, this is the first impeachment inquiry to ever progress beyond the announcement stage. Additionally, the House of Commons, as the elected representatives of the Orenian people, are charged with the confirmation of Secretaries to their offices once satisfied that these individuals are the best-suited for the role and will deliver to the Orenian people. Thus it must also hold true that there exists an obligation for the House to ensure that this suitability and delivery is consistent in the same way that a General would not be appointed based on his performance at a single point in time. Thus, the House duly believes a lack of confidence, on behalf of the Orenian people, as an appropriate charge to pursue impeachment.

The House has, in its previous investigations including your recent hearing from the previous Saint’s day, established reasonable grounds for concluding these concerns to be valid, with regard to:

• Contempt of Diet;
  • Failure to maintain adequate records to a negligent degree;
  • Abuse of office to obtain a reduced price for land;
  • Blatantly insubstantial dismissal of Interior employees.

I am but a servant of the people, as are my fellow members of the House. To accuse us of disregarding the people and playing politics is nothing but an attempt to subvert justice. Until your day in court, I would advise you to prepare your defense for your trial.

Should you have any further questions regarding the inquiry, please send them in private to my office. I would be more than happy to answer.

Signed,

ZSWcInzXG0LOaC4BZrT9Y7IMYtPHaFsW3ORaepE9sTm7Ef9qAYBFeqYxkosMxFTMKidRL1ZAs1f_WhWTI_vdjOhBPDEuTnYOy9R6QH5BHsH0VaE8n2tvYoO8gdcUZQ8BQbjy6hLB

President of the Commons

“Hm, maybe he shouldn’t be hunting children.”

An elf commented off-handedly, moving off.

19 minutes ago, Zarexan said:

“Hm, maybe he shouldn’t be hunting children.”

An elf commented off-handedly, moving off.

A woman clad in armor agreed with the passing Elf, a young child being held at her hip, fingers smoothing through her hair and promising to keep her safe.

Leonard Skingaard offers his services as barrister and solicitor to Sir Edward Galbraith  @sergisala

Angelika Bykov gulped softly as she read the official proclamation. ”He deserves it, that fool of a man,” she spoke to her husband, briefly turning around to face the man. The middle-aged woman let out a long sigh and shook her head in disgust. ”I musn’t speak of my opinion publicly. If the inquiry continues to a vote, I shall abstain...I fear his wrath...” she admitted sheepishly. @erictafoya