Changes to the ST Structure; Looking for casual staff

firespirit44

8udcjZB1LsKv92iHcvh-zq_5gBEChDxgTNL0fxXpjVENZ7H7QWRxssKanB8E7W5EwuMSeKdbI9PwrWYOwGvaa2RqiKAwr3hpAXzKxVDQ3M9ekKc2ZDWZI1Yiy1mMnu46dYZwcajp

q4rXiQW.png

Hey hey people, firespirit44 here. I’m here to talk about how recruitment in the Story Team will change up, as well as our plan moving forward as a team. 

The Story Team is, at the end of the day, a volunteer job position in LoTC. There’s simply no way of circumventing that fact. Lore reviews, events, guide creations, it honestly does take a lot of time. We realize that it's simply impossible to ask someone to stay on the team for a year or more, and that we need to reimagine how people join the ST. I think it's fair that we outline the details of the new positions and a few changes we’ll be making to current ones.

So without further ado, here’s the new positions we’ll be introducing to the ST: 

q4rXiQW.png

Temporary ST

These are project based ST that largely ignore the rest of the duties of the ST, but are hyper focused on one or two tasks assigned by them. They will not partake in wider activities such as lore voting, sreqs, but rather have a limited time frame to complete projects, such as ST actors for the Inferi Event, or a long running campaign like the Nether. We may even  bring on writers to complete the Aengudaemonic project and etc. 

The pex given to these individuals will be lower than those given to full ST members, though it’ll be enough to do their jobs. And we will set a timeline for it, e.g. 1 to 3 months.

Temporary STs are expected to:

Agree to a timeline for the project to be completed.

To commit a certain amount of time to the project at hand.

To still follow the rules of the ST and not leak/abuse.

To ensure the project will be accomplished to the best of their abilities.

Permanent ST

The permanent ST staff are expected to stay for 3 months - 1 year or longer, and therefore are expected to implement longer event campaigns, to handle player complaints against claims of powergaming/misuse of lore, and expected to contribute heavily to the narrative of the server lore wise and event wise, preferably for the length of the map. Holding permanent STs to this standard means that there isn’t going to be whiplash when initial concepts are scrapped over and over again when new management comes in. 

The permanent ST are expected to:

Monitor and review lore so that it blends in to LOTC’s unique narrative

To ensure implementation of lore pieces in a way that is memorable and interactable with the playerbaseTo handle player complaints on powergaming/misuse of lore

To handle FAQ about lore

To monitor ST systems/ lore mechanics like nodes, herbs, etc

To collaborate with each other and with players to form a greater story narrative for the playerbase

Trainers

In order to promote good culture within the team and to improve the learning experience of newer STs, we plan on reintroducing the trainer role. Trainers are expected to last for a year or more, and will really push the limits of accountability, organization skills, and tracking productivity. This role is designed to be very human-facing-role, with heavy emphasis on communication.

Trainers will be tasked with the following:

Ensuring activity checks.

That they can answer FAQ from staff internally and externally.

To be very familiar with the systems of governance IE: How to write briefs, how to assemble mag pieces, etc

To address STs who are reprimanded and give actionable tasks to improve

Be proficient in ingame/forum commands.

Ensuring ST rules are being followed.

To host onboarding sessions with every new ST member.

Managers

Now that the merge with the ET and LT has finally been completed, managers are now morphing to take the role of furthering the role of the ST. Managers are now experimenting with different systems, such as alchemy integration, long-event-campaign formats, resources,  interesting lore reveals, ST resource divisions, etc.

Managers are expected to: 

Ensure the long term growth of the ST and how to achieve player-focused narrative.

To think about the ST from a narrative macro point of view, incorporating unique LOTC lore.

To facilitate collaboration between ST and other teams such as Dev, Community, etc.

Ensuring that the team is being well run and that player complaints about STs are being handled

To be held accountable to the player base and the admins.

q4rXiQW.png

Announcement

And finally, due to the introduction of Temp ST, I’m looking for a lot of temporary staff for about 3 months for the Inferi events. I’ll be pasting a job board soon to announce what projects are currently in the works. If you are interested, I would encourage you to apply! All you have to do is put a [Temp] on the side of your minecraft name, and under [How can we as the Story Team contribute toward the server's story?] just specify what project you want to work for. 

Hope to work with all of you soon!

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forms/54-story-team-application/

Ensure that your references are valid, we will be calling them and running background checks on you before we look to integrate you into our company.

Also please list your criminal history when applying, we are funded by the government and require us to declare all of those that have committed felonies to the public service system.

Neato

Can I work on Gnome Lore?

-regards, the halfling main guy.

37 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

Ensure that your references are valid, we will be calling them and running background checks on you before we look to integrate you into our company.

Also please list your criminal history when applying, we are funded by the government and require us to declare all of those that have committed felonies to the public service system.

There's a alight chance I might've gone to jail for murder... can I still apply or?

2 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

I’ll pitch it to squak, I confess to not knowing if gnomes are even on the radar currently. The available jobs we have are posted here:

2 hours ago, firespirit44 said:

I’ll pitch it to squak, I confess to not knowing if gnomes are even on the radar currently. The available jobs we have are posted here:

5 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

You’re always welcome to work on additions and the like, playerlore aswell (such as history and culture). However, regarding actual racial things, expect something Friday if my boy Archi doesn’t fudge it. 

So as far as this goes, will you be pulling apps out of the regular st app list or are there special ones to be made? Will requirements be different? Can one go from a temp st to a perm st if they perform well enough?

Edited by Thegreatbernardo

11 minutes ago, Thegreatbernardo said:

So as far as this goes, will you be pulling apps out of the regular st app list or are there special ones to be made? Will requirements be different? Can one go from a temp st to a perm st if they perform well enough?

Any apps currently on the forums will be judged to be either Temp or Permanent. If an ST app does not have [Temp] next to it, we will assume it is meant for a permanent position, though we may initially offer a temp position. Requirement and time dedication for permanent is much higher. And yes a Temp can go to Permanent if they perform well enough.

2 minutes ago, firespirit44 said:

Any apps currently on the forums will be judged to be either Temp or Permanent. If an ST app does not have [Temp] next to it, we will assume it is meant for a permanent position, though we may initially offer a temp position. Requirement and time dedication for permanent is much higher. And yes a Temp can go to Permanent if they perform well enough.

Alright, thank you very much! Thats good to know, and again, thanks! (Might want to change my app atm now)

Already applied before this announcement got out