[✗] [Alchemy] Wick's Revenge

cowgirl bebop

Name of Potion: Widow’s Water

Brief Description:
A poison that induces intense flu-like symptoms over the course of a narrative hour, which will become lethal if the person is unable to find an antidote or cure.

Recipe:
Base: Distilled Water
Death x6
Swiftness x2
Weakness x2
Poison x4
Burning x1

Effects:
Within minutes after consumption, one will begin to grow ill. Nausea, body aches, chills, and most prominently, intense fever that will rapidly begin to break down the body's functions. A person will become extremely lethargic as their body puts all its energy into fighting off the fever, and the victim will be unable to walk very far, and will struggle just to remain upright. As time continues to pass, an intense headache will begin to overwhelm the victim, and after 1 narrative hour, internal organs will cease to function, the body will succumb to the illness, and the victim will perish.

The poison itself has a slightly salty flavor to it, and can easily be mixed into food or drink without being apparent or obvious. The liquid is as fluid as water and faintly green tinted.

There are three prominent ways to counter this poison:
One is by crushing and boiling 4 measures of Goblin’s Ivy and consuming it to induce intense purging of the bodies’ systems via vomiting.
The second counter is a mix of Frost Vine and Desert Berry, which will stop the process and allow the victim to begin to slowly recover over the course of the next 3 narrative days.
The third counter, which is considered a last resort, is bloodletting by leeches or other methods, in which 1/4th of the victim’s blood is drained from their body. This method of cure will result in the victim being incapacitated and bedridden for 1 IC month or 1 OOC day.

Redlines:
- The poison takes 1 narrative hour or 1 OOC hour (whichever comes last) to become lethal.
- A victim of the poison is under no obligation to Permakill their character.
- The antidotes listed are not the only cure, but in order to purge the poison, you MUST use a lore approved manner, such as alchemical or magical. Inducing simple vomiting is not enough.
- Unless the victim is in the biome in which the herbs which are used to counter the poison are grown, the herbs must be collected prior to their use.
- Tier Three
- Rare Recipe
- Requires ST signing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Name of Potion: Kholidav’s Frenzy

Brief Description:
A brew that, when applied to land, will cause the flora in a wide radius to wither and die.

Recipe:
Base: Distilled Water
Poison x4
Death x2
Reduction x3
Curtailment x1

Effects:
This potion when applied to land of any kind, be it grasslands, farmlands, forest, or anything else that is capable of growing flora, will cause the land to wither and become barren, it’s plant life dying off within a narrative day and leaving nothing but lifeless soil, rock, and sand. Trees and large shrubs will lose their leaves and their trunks will shrink and shrivel, losing all their internal water. Grasses, flowers, crops, and smaller shrubs and plants will wither away completely, their lifeless bodies crumbling away into dust and debris. Each measure of the potion can affect a radius of 20 blocks in each direction from where it is applied. The land, once turned to barren soil, will remain touched for at least 10 narrative years, unless it is treated with Land’s Nurture, in which case it will regain its ability to regrow life, though it should be noted trees will not magically pop up in one day, and will need time to regrow.

Redlines:
- The potion will take one narrative day or one OOC hour to take effect.
- The land may naturally repair itself after 10 IC years, or 10 OOC weeks have passed.
- The potion requires the consent of a region owner or the oversight of an ST or GM to apply.
- Consumption of the potion will induce intense nausea and profuse sweating and is not lethal. 
- Tier Two
- Requires ST signing.

Four measures of goblin’s ivy? You only need one to purge the contents of someone’s stomach, adding three more won’t do anything.

And why Desert Berry Bush and Frost Vine? The two have no curative properties when ingested by themselves. It seems like a completely arbitrary combination. 

1 hour ago, Toodles78 said:

Four measures of goblin’s ivy? You only need one to purge the contents of someone’s stomach, adding three more won’t do anything.

And why Desert Berry Bush and Frost Vine? The two have no curative properties when ingested by themselves. It seems like a completely arbitrary combination. 

Correct. 

The intention behind both of these was to ensure that an antidote would not be readily available for an ill prepared medic or apothecary. There’s no point in a poison that can be easily cured. The Goblin’s Ivy taking four counts is meant as an assurance of a total system purge, rather than just inducing a singular purge by vomiting. As for Desert Berry Bush and Frost Vine, the thought process was based on both herbs not being easily obtainable within the narrative hour, unless a medic or alchemist has them on hand. The use of this poison starts a clock, where time is of the essence to find a cure. 

If I receive more negative feedback on the antidotes, I will gladly make changes as needed, but I wanted the poison to be curable by many means, and not by writing out a very specific counter antidote, and chose to offer up a few options within the lore itself. I hope this makes my choices more clear.

excuse me where is the lore for the curly straw?  can’t believe this ****, waste of my time if I can’t choke on my vomit in style 

9 hours ago, ShannonLeigh said:

Correct. 

The intention behind both of these was to ensure that an antidote would not be readily available for an ill prepared medic or apothecary. There’s no point in a poison that can be easily cured. The Goblin’s Ivy taking four counts is meant as an assurance of a total system purge, rather than just inducing a singular purge by vomiting. As for Desert Berry Bush and Frost Vine, the thought process was based on both herbs not being easily obtainable within the narrative hour, unless a medic or alchemist has them on hand. The use of this poison starts a clock, where time is of the essence to find a cure. 

If I receive more negative feedback on the antidotes, I will gladly make changes as needed, but I wanted the poison to be curable by many means, and not by writing out a very specific counter antidote, and chose to offer up a few options within the lore itself. I hope this makes my choices more clear.

Might as well kill you instantly, then, if it can be easily slipped into food, induces symptoms easily mistaken for something else, and to cure it requires essentially metagaming.

I don’t know what the LT was trying to do by wiping poisons, but I hope it wasn’t to clear the way for ones like these. 

Also, now that I look more closely at it, Kholidav’s Frenzy is nonsensical, too. Druids don’t have any way of “enhancing” large sections of land- they have herblore and infusions, both of which work on individual herbs or artifacts. Saying that it’s ineffective on druidically-enhanced land is therefore moot, and it can’t act as a counter for it. A potion that causes plants to totally ignore druidic healing-- which is what blight healing is supposed to do-- and can only be cured by other alchemy is ridiculous. Let blight healing do what it’s supposed to do, and don’t have alchemy be the end-all be-all when it’s a feat that doesn’t use any slots. 

29 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Dunno about that one chief 

What’s wrong with the name?

2 hours ago, ShannonLeigh said:

What’s wrong with the name?

Not the name, fast acting lethal poisons able to be administered secretly and only curable through specific rarely known measures doesn't sound like something that’d promote much rp, other than annoying assassination attempts.

On 9/5/2020 at 4:52 AM, ShannonLeigh said:

- If spread over land and plants that have been enhanced in any way by Druidic magic, there will be no effect.

What does enhanced by Druidic magic mean? This makes no sense. Read our ******* lore, before you interact with it.

On 9/5/2020 at 4:52 AM, ShannonLeigh said:

On the inverse, Druidic magic will have no effect on the treated land, which must be repaired with Land’s Nurture, or the passage of time. 

This is non-sensical. Blight Healing can purge Ibleesian corruption, Necromantic blight and Voidal Taint, but not your potion? Why does it work this way? There's no explanation. It's baffling.

@Luciloo Yeah, I realize now the flaws in this point. This particular addition was a suggestion by someone else, and it was a failure on my part to not do my research into Druidic lore and to take that persons suggestion word for word as lore friendly. I will be removing references to Druidic magic entirely