[✓] [Feat + Magic Lore] Heralds of Azdromoth

Kalehart

3 hours ago, Zacho said:

Heralds should be a stepping stone into Azdrazi and not their own thing. That’s  over stuffing a niche  by having actual dragon people and then dragon priests when the dragon people SHOULD BE those actual dragon priests. This rewrite does fix some issues likely present in the current write, but it also gives them way too much independence when a Herald should exclusively be the student to an Azdrazi or an associate trying to become an Azdrazi.

Hard disagree. Making Herald its own thing gives better roleplay to mortal followers who might not want to become Azdrazi. There is most definitely a place within the Azdrazi community for non-Azdrazi to progress, but with the current state of heralds, it is quite limiting in progression. I would also say having a magic that is objectively only a stepping stone really devalues the in-between, which is what this rewrite is advocating to enhance.

1 hour ago, Werew0lf said:

Herald is usually independent outside of the small tasks given by an Azdrazi or Azdromoth himself. Usually, heralds are respected (if not as equals) as comrades to the Azdrazi – and there are current existing heralds who use the magic as a cultural thing, not as a stepping stone to becoming an Azdrazi.

Well said. I see plenty of heralds who have no interest in transforming into a dragon, myself included, and still retain the respect of their draconic allies. It’s even better roleplay that an Azdrazi could teach a proven Herald more techniques to do battle, or even to help in their missionary tasks.

xRXlC3mKT51G9qfi2o9ZOjoMrbHEVv0RRvFtPAT3jyR2SUY3kB1HOlB1sQXA5-jbdFgXYAeH0QbRmeqloiMtrBWCdrNOCLjZNa2uf-uM-01m8MYs_40FItDMEBwhKRLCojEjmekc

Wonk heraldry time.

20 hours ago, Kalehart said:

it simply means that they cannot work against the Azdrazi, and should generally orient themselves towards actions that will aid the Azdrazi.

This seems like it could be used as a convenient means to target any Heralds not currently orbiting the larger Azdrazi playerbase in Haelun’or

20 hours ago, Kalehart said:

and internal damage or a grievous, potentially mortal wounds, reattachment of limbs included, around 7+.

Clerical healing used to have the same kind of process, “If you pump out enough emotes, you can save someone from the brink of death.” I believe ST want to move away from healing in this way, and more toward requiring several sessions etc.

This might be something of a spicy take, but I believe Azdrazi should be made ST-playable only, and Herald take the CA’s place among players. Like I’m not the only one who’s noticed this rewrite fits the niche better than current Azdrazi lore, and the latter has been plagued by either inactivity, cliqueing or just bad lore over the years.

6 hours ago, Luciloo said:

This seems like it could be used as a convenient means to target any Heralds not currently orbiting the larger Azdrazi playerbase in Haelun’or

Clerical healing used to have the same kind of process, “If you pump out enough emotes, you can save someone from the brink of death.” I believe ST want to move away from healing in this way, and more toward requiring several sessions etc.

This might be something of a spicy take, but I believe Azdrazi should be made ST-playable only, and Herald take the CA’s place among players. Like I’m not the only one who’s noticed this rewrite fits the niche better than current Azdrazi lore, and the latter has been plagued by either inactivity, cliqueing or just bad lore over the years.

I would hope not on that targetting idea, but perhaps. The tenet really exists mostly so that Heralds arent okay to betray the Azdrazi. I might look into the wording of it.

That's a good point for the healing, and given how their exhaustion system works perhaps sessions makes more sense. I'll look in to adjusting the ability to consider that, see if there's a good way to do it.

As for the last bit, I think all that is really necessary is an Azdrazi rewrite, which I now have reason to believe will show up sooner rather than later. They've got plenty of space to work with, the only niche Heralds really fill is serving azdromoth, whereas the Azdrazi have the whole literally being dragons thing to play with. This lore is like 80% utility and flavor, where Azdrazi is heavily combative and could be so much more as a 5-slot CA, than I could put in here with just 1 slot.

Issues with the community are another thing entirely and really I havent been around them long enough to speak on it.

19 hours ago, Kalehart said:

This lore is like 80% utility and flavor,

Speaking personally, that kind of lore is the most interesting to me. Far too many magics are concentrated upon combat, and have very little else to them; it’s one of my biggest grievances with voidal magics. I will say that this role or cultural shift should have been in Herald lore from the start(even if without tenets), but it’s a good direction to prompt the magic into.

On 9/8/2020 at 8:48 AM, Zacho said:

They shouldn’t be more than a stepping stone is what I am saying. Heralds should be the little bit before someone becomes an Azdrazi where they have semi-draconic powers and are  being tested for their worthiness to become an Azdrazi. If they are proven worthy, they become an Azdrazi and inversely if they fail at proving them self then the smaller blessing of being a herald is stripped away.

The way I see it, doing that only makes the Heralds more akin to thralls than anything else. 

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.