Hold the leash tighter next time.

Reece Nolan

22 minutes ago, Noobli said:

There’s definitely a certain animosity between staff and players at this point, I think rooted in miscommunication, overly convoluted and complex systems just to participate, as well as the staff being a bit out of touch with how players feel, although I suppose that’s just another form of miscommunication.  Yelling at staff and screaming bloody murder at people volunteering trying to make server more fun is no way to resolve issues, however certainly neither is mocking players who show discontent.

At the end of the day people forget that really we are just volunteers just doing work to make the server a better place, the sad truth of the matter is that its a lot easier to screech about whats wrong with the server than it is to praise things that are great. At least from a tech point of view we have tried to lower that wall to try and communicate more with the community, though I think its important to stress this.

Just because your voice is heard, doesn’t mean that everything you want to happen will happen.

Some staff teams let people have more input than others, and its completely up to the team to decide how they use that input. Regardless of if they listen or not its on us as players and staff to actually keep things chivalrous so that useful communication CAN be heard.

Edit: Nice Gemini beat me to it

23 minutes ago, HurferDurfer1 said:

soulbound doesnt mean it cant be taken in rp soft head, soulbinding is for popping

Go give rule 5.12 a read. Or rather, I’ll just bring it to you. 

§5.12 Soulbound items may not be taken from your character

7 minutes ago, nickrocky213 said:

At the end of the day people forget that really we are just volunteers just doing work to make the server a better place, the sad truth of the matter is that its a lot easier to screech about whats wrong with the server than it is to praise things that are great. At least from a tech point of view we have tried to lower that wall to try and communicate more with the community, though I think its important to stress this.

Just because your voice is heard, doesn’t mean that everything you want to happen will happen.

Some staff teams let people have more input than others, and its completely up to the team to decide how they use that input. Regardless of if they listen or not its on us as players and staff to actually keep things chivalrous so that non-useless communication CAN be heard.

Edit: Nice Gemini beat me to it

THO I agree. There are mods that are in there for the thrill of power. Same as the people that become leaders in RP are there to make things better for the players but some are also there for THA POWAHHH!

One. We can't pk you without admin greenlight unless you agree to it. We can remove you from the eventline if you prove problematic but Joel being an idiot isn't a assured pk. 

Two. If the only thing that makes you feel safe bringing your items into events is a soulbind, don't bring it. When it comes to player vs player aight. Big lore event? It's not going to keep your shinies safe, especially a heavily lored item. 

Three. This ain't map end event bruv. 

Four. If someone deletes this I'm posting crappy deviantart drawings of My Immortal fanfic into staff discord. 

Five. Good luck. Have a nice one. 

2 minutes ago, Keefy said:

One. We can't pk you without admin greenlight unless you agree to it. We can remove you from the eventline if you prove problematic but Joel being an idiot isn't a assured pk. 

Two. If the only thing that makes you feel safe bringing your items into events is a soulbind, don't bring it. When it comes to player vs player aight. Big lore event? It's not going to keep your shinies safe, especially a heavily lored item. 

Three. This ain't map end event bruv. 

Four. If someone deletes this I'm posting crappy deviantart drawings of My Immortal fanfic into staff discord. 

Five. Good luck. Have a nice one. 

If I remember correctly the person with the hammer didn’t willingly walk into the event. He was randomly ambushed by STs and had the hammer forcefully taken from him.

No. He came into the event radius. The moment you do that, you've chosen to accept the consequences of being in a land corrupted and controlled by the demons. He attempted to use the hammer and it didn't work. And he lost it in the resulting event as ran by Joel and overseen by Riftblade. Multiple ST were there. If you don't want to participate, leave the area when the message pops up in your chat. 

53 minutes ago, Orlanth said:

Go give rule 5.12 a read. Or rather, I’ll just bring it to you. 

§5.12 Soulbound items may not be taken from your character

I’ve explored this issue so many times. Like I don’t want to hear this broken record and the people who need to know about it, know about it. I’m just saying that most of these issues I’ve spoken to other Dwarves about. If anyone wishes to approach me about this. My discord is joel#4235. I’m happy to respond to PMs and communicate about what happened.

The TL;DR was basically there was miscommunication about the fleet, then the spreading of rumors and a variety of things. The fleet is something I’m aiming to fix up and organise, but if people throw punches I’ll throw punches back. The mechanics of the event were made because the players were genuinely struggling to interact and do the event, which is my fault for expecting my own personal RP standards. So I’m play-testing systems, so may work, so may not. I’m trying the best I can to create assets and systems that story team members can use later for next maps and for other ETs to adapt the styles that work. Otherwise we scrap the systems that don’t work and alter them otherwise.

I’m trying and we’re constantly adapting. Alot of **** that I’ve wanted to happen hasn’t, I’ve had lack of support and participation and then a bunch of people ignoring my event for either some bad experiences, my reputation or a variety of other reasons to not bother. I’m really trying to give you guys something you’ll all enjoy. We just need to open up those channels of communication between everyone.

8 minutes ago, Orlanth said:

If I remember correctly the person with the hammer didn’t willingly walk into the event. He was randomly ambushed by STs and had the hammer forcefully taken from him.

He also did, but once again. I’ve spoken about this /alot/ since it happened a few months ago

16 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

I’m really trying to give you guys something you’ll all enjoy. We just need to open up those channels of communication between everyone.

lulwut

You say we need to communicate better but your first response to criticism is this:

1 hour ago, ScreamingDingo said:

i just got done with a 50 rep thread I really don’t need to do another

I wish to begin by saying thank you to @Noobli. As he said, try to keep in mind that ST are here to provide a narrative and story just as much as any other player who roleplays.

This event is one that Joel and numerous other ST have put a lot of thought and effort into. He didn’t wake just up one day and go; “Gee, I think it’d be a great idea to do some Shadow of Mordor eventline where we totally **** over the playerbase just because we can!” No, he’s better than that. Your accusations of him doing “Act first, ask later” events are just plain wrong. He, and all the other ST running this event, want people to think, to really put together the puzzle pieces. 

Just because we’re denying the victory of ill-laid attempts does not mean that we’re infringing upon your roleplay experience. If you don’t like the events offered, fine, don’t interact with any of them then. But don’t complain because things aren’t going your way either. Just because ST are not spoonfeeding you does not mean the eventline is bad. ST don’t exist to cater to a player’s hunger for victory and attention. We exist to create a unique and driving narrative which contributes to both individual characters and the general server as a whole -- one that stands engaging in both triumph and defeat. 

There are plenty of opportunities for you and every individual player to add a worthwhile contribution to the eventline and the server as a whole, but these require thought, planning, and above all, cooperation. Without these, you’re likely not going to get anywhere in most, if not any narratives, niche or not. Just like the real world, you don’t have plot armor, and you will suffer the natural consequences of failure if you are not careful in your steps. Don’t expect LOTC to be much different in terms of natural and human logic. 

Well, here’s the thing. Just about all of this event has been done with Admin supervision and feedback from the people players in mind. Your boat issue should be discussed with Grim, evidently, but most of the points you try to make so far read as: 

I am angry a demonic elephant with the hammer of Urguan got past my ships, which the story team was not informed were there, or had a way to circumvent. Players will quit if mods (who have zero power over what events we do) don’t monitor our events. We should ask before doing events how everybody is feeling? 

Don’t take this the wrong way I’m trying to get your point but your initial post is all over the place and doesn’t state the exact problems, just a series of events left vague.  It’s troublesome for us because we cannot build off of criticism that doesn’t explicitly state what’s wrong. 

Take sometime to cool down and have a good day, I understand the stress and all but if this is impacting you so much you should take a small rest break and then you’re free to send me your gripes with the event either by forum message or in game and I will communicate your feedback concisely to the ST. 

Take it easy and have a good one. 

All I am going to say is. I am getting flash backs to the mystery Athera ending from this post. It definitely gives off that vibe 

If you dislike the event or you’re just not enjoying it, then just don’t interact. It isn’t required to interact with the event, or even acknowledge it, so if it’s that annoying to you then just go about your other RP. I haven’t participated in the event much and I’m still having fun, just because it’s a big event does not mean you have to interact.

The ST are trying to host a big event like this because it’s been requested by players multiple times. While there have been some minor mistakes and  there have been a couple bumps in the road, when aren’t there? Communication with multiple groups of people can be very hard, specially if it sometimes takes hours to get responses about questions. You also can’t expect ST to void a huge move because of an error that could have been caused on the player side, not staff side. They are doing their best to keep this event nice and fun, and they are doing a decent job at it!

lol at least it's something. better to have an eventline than not have one, and when the entire purpose (I'm assuming) is to change to a new map, you should give the ST some creative liberties. sometimes you have to accept a setback (whether or not it could have happened in your imagination) to allow the story to continue. 

As someone who roleplayed there for months, Vira’ker is connected to land by a bridge that's like maybe 20 meters (blocks) across, over a shallow sand bank. you couldn't “blockade” it, and based on the dynmap it doesn't look like there's anything blocking them off from walking to the skull. It just seems like Civ logic (boats don't do anything) is fighting against EU4 logic (a single galley in the water near a narrow strait blocks all troop movements through the strait). If you want to roleplay a blockade you should roleplay it, i.e. regular patrols, or you should hash out the rules of engagement with the ST. People saying this is a miscommunication are right. Chat it out.

Joel uses every opportunity he can to threaten the server with a massive PK event. I think it’s rather clear by now that admins wouldn’t ever allow this in the first place. “YOU SHOULDNT HAVE SAID IT IN THE FIRST PLACE” is low tier excuse to just have more reasons to be mad and to stay mad. 

At least st are pumping out stuff that has more complexity to it than Voidal Armageddon TM for the twentieth time in a row. Besides, it’s literally a map transition event. Stakes should be high as **** if you want characters to ever have a reason to take them seriously.