[✗] [CA Race Lore] The Remnant Kha'

Wretched

tbf the white kha debacle is the equivalent of like trying to get humans to not say they’re direct children of Horen or whatever. It’s very arbitrary but it’s purpose is to basically stop the bastardisation of the past and allow for the Kharajyr to actually remember their history instead of people using it on ‘white bleached cubs’ and justifying it as wanting to be cute.

Benbo's done really well here, it’s something more succinct and clean cut that helps show their place on the server. We’ll see if it goes through the slog of loremags and survives the process. This is hopefully a kick up the ass for any people who want to play kharajyr and to double down and create something unique.

On 9/9/2020 at 3:03 PM, Shvorky said:

Crossing my damn fingers. In the meantime let’s watch the Shrek movie.

Shrek.gif

nice

9 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Why would you glue something to your own body? Wouldn’t that be 10x more uncomfortable than just wearing the fur as clothing?

fashion is pain. 

Okay but for real. I love my gray-spotted leopard kha. When I Am able to come back I want to be able to RP my kha the way I always had.

Malv was my third kharajyr that I decided to play. It was during a time in Vailor were Kha weren’t exactly present on the map. The three of us founded the idea of Kharajyr going against the blessings & teachings of Metzli. Feeling that she abandoned them, each of them had different personality signifiers, and Malv’s was an egotistical outlook about himself based on creating his own kharajyr tribe. Whitening his fur with dyes (at the time we were under mechanical default so bonemeal dye worked just fine) was a way to separate himself from traditional culture and create his own thing. They were nomads. 

This lore has a heavy emphasis on 2 things: 

- Kha should be normadic instead of focused on building their own nation.

- There is a dedicated faction of Kha that do not feel represented by the faith of Metzli. 

Whitening fur may cause RP issues but those issues existed 4-5 maps ago and  some of us used it to build a narrative about our specific characters. It became a strong character fault for my own character. 

When you write lore about how the kha have become nomadic & how there is a faction of kha that go against the grain but then retcon characters like mine you are shutting down a potential line of activity. I picked kharajyr up and was planning to again because I have a very specific vision & history for a character. You need to start with freedom and gradually grow more specific. See what is popular and what works for the players and rally in-game behind those things.

Freedom to roleplay.

Freedom to choose.

Let go of a few things and see if they help. Restrictions only bottleneck your potential RPers & as you have seen here there are a few of us who are drawn to this aesthetic.

NdmeZw4.jpg

p7w6Ppi.jpg

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.