[✗] [CA Race Lore] The Remnant Kha'

Wretched

It looks good, and acceptable lore;

I hope a community can be built on it.

+1 this looks really solid and I’m super impressed that you guys wrote this up so fast.

edited: miss read something

I’ve never understood why kha are so drawn to and effected by sugar if cats literally can’t even taste sugar

1 hour ago, Gallic said:

I’ve never understood why kha are so drawn to and effected by sugar if cats literally can’t even taste sugar

skooma meme literally lol

This lore states that they originate from Humans but the sugar thing makes them seem tied toe elves.

I don’t think lore specifically states that elves have a sugar thing but it’s been roleplayed like that since Asulon. 

So... each subrace correlates to one of the four descendant races. 

25 minutes ago, BrandNewKitten said:

This lore states that they originate from Humans but the sugar thing makes them seem tied toe elves.

I don’t think lore specifically states that elves have a sugar thing but it’s been roleplayed like that since Asulon. 

So... each subrace correlates to one of the four descendant races. 

I mean that is a nice way to put it

7 hours ago, AlaricGrimgold said:

@Starryy That I can agree with; but I personally know a Kha who bleaches their fur as part of their entire story, not including rosettes which are still clearly visible upon their skin. And they have no intention of even thinking of claiming Tlatlanni, merely to be an outcast. Thus, I think it should be as simple as it is currently written-- you can’t just work around for a Tlatlanni.

Indeed an interesting point. I think that Kha would then stop bleaching their fur after the rewrite to regain their now yellow/black fur with some bleach damage.

Edited by chaosgamer_

47 minutes ago, chaosgamer_ said:

Indeed an interesting point. I think that Kha would then stop bleaching their fur after the rewrite to regain their now yellow/black fur with some bleach damage.

And if they don’t want to do that? Seems kind of bad form to rewrite Kha out for their stories.

8 minutes ago, AlaricGrimgold said:

And if they don’t want to do that? Seems kind of bad form to rewrite Kha out for their stories.

as someone who also plays a white-dyed fur kha I agree. It doesn’t seem like something you can ban someone for so why make it a red line?

Naturally white kha are gone & this lore states there is a faction that forbid metzli worship & she is gone so it makes sense that some kha would try to replicate that white fur for their own weird reasons.

The redline in question has been edited for clarity:

• Kharajyr may not dye their fur white or any shade similar to it. The white Kha’ holds too much historical, religious and cultural significance, and Kha' seeing a white Kha' roaming around directly defies the theme of this lore.

If this lore is passed, no Kha with white fur will be permitted. Kha’ with white fur will be asked to change it. I realise this might rub some people the wrong way, but the bigger insult here is to Kha’ history by choosing for your Kha’ to be white as a gimmick. This is a CA race, not a totally free character, and if this lore is accepted all active Kha’ will be expected to follow this collective theme. You can be an outcast, all the Kharajyr are, but no, you can’t be an outcast with white fur.

A portion of the Remnant Kha’s general RP is desperately hoping for a white Kha’ to emerge and unify them, and this is far too significant a theme to make exceptions for. It is unavoidable that certain Kha’ will need to change their look/style of RP to adhere to this lore, but of all the evils I have tried to avoid in this proposal, I believe this a necessary one. Unfortunately, this is not something I am willing to budge on, and I encourage those that disagree to take on a wider perspective of the race as a whole.

@AlaricGrimgold

@BrandNewKitten

and further explanation on the above comment to answer your question.

tlatanni are albino Kharajyr that were made by Metztli specifically. This albanism in specific Kha was shelved a long time ago and white Kha can’t happen anymore because of her death now permanently. They can’t be made anymore but we don’t know so irp, only that they haven’t appeared in a hundred years. Hence why, a Kha bleaching their entire furcoat white, would result in possible exploits in historical and culturally standards. 

That is the reason behind said specific redline and decision.

it’s fine if you dye parts of your furcoat in different colors, or just partially white. Just not everything because of possible exploits on a historical level that is intertwined with former lore.

I hope this answers everyone’s question on white Kha :D

Edited by chaosgamer_

Reading over this, I’m very glad you took the initiative. Though I have a few of my own reservations, I really appreciate this write’s clarity and wish it well come voting time. Good work overall!

I miss the days of Tla Geo and Benbo. May the kha return to whence they came.