8.0 Economy Teaser (take 2)

Hiebe

2 hours ago, MunaZaldrizoti said:

Now we just need fast-travels and 8.0 will be the map we’ve wanted AND deserved.

gross, fast-travel stops bandit rp and I for one love it when I get to pvp/crp some bandit goons.

4 hours ago, Hiebe said:

Professions

We are working hand in hand with the Technical Team to adjust nodes, mina, and professions to make the economy something to enjoy but not pull your hair out. Professions have a HUGE impact on the economy and we are glad to see it will not be restrictive but will be focused on adding to your ability to harvest and make items better. Everything stated here will be adjusted as needed to fit the professions system and the ability for players to enjoy the economy.

@Telanir oh no look its nexus

i knew it :^)

Working professions seem like a faraway dream like Nexus was. I believe adding simple parts of that plugin would be beneficial like food decay for example.  

7 hours ago, yandeer said:

who wants to figure out the BiS slot gear and get a 460 ilvl with me so we can grind out mythic+ dungeons for minas in lord of the craft?

if you do not have AOTC you cannot be on my nations shadow council
1500+ IO only
no azralon/ragnaros players ( @Lhindir_ )

im not super pogged for economy in dumb block game but w/e if it doesnt effect my quality of life

8 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:

if you do not have AOTC you cannot be on my nations shadow council
1500+ IO only
no azralon/ragnaros players ( @Lhindir_ )

im not super pogged for economy in dumb block game but w/e if it doesnt effect my quality of life

mi nivel de artículo es como 192312 más alto que tu amigo lo que la mierda está mal contigo????????????????????

10 hours ago, Hiebe said:

Mina

Mina is a big focus of the economy team and the technical team. We have decided to remove voting to earn mina and move it to a mob drop. You can also gain mina from completing dungeons. Mina through contests and community will still be around although their amounts will be subject to be changed. We are looking into a physical currency system and a way for nations to make their own currencies as well. We have gold sinks and ways to spend your money. These include Tile Improvements, Tile Improvement Upgrades, Settlements, and Nation Expansions. More will be added as the Technical Team creates them. Voting will now give players casket keys which they can then use to trade with the Oddity Trader to open caskets relating to a certain profession. 

Professions

We are working hand in hand with the Technical Team to adjust nodes, mina, and professions to make the economy something to enjoy but not pull your hair out. Professions have a HUGE impact on the economy and we are glad to see it will not be restrictive but will be focused on adding to your ability to harvest and make items better. Everything stated here will be adjusted as needed to fit the professions system and the ability for players to enjoy the economy.

I’m gonna nut.

The fact that the team took any consideration of the playerbase’s wishes, on its own, is so great. I think this will be the cornerstone of a good map, and generally, a good future for LOTC, thus far. Personally, I believe it’ll inspire a more interesting dynamic next map, what with nations getting their own currency.

On the subject of the system itself, it’s a good throwback to the harsher days of LOTC, and honestly a good system all around (even if it is going to be abused and milked like ****, considering the server’s history with these sorts of plugins). As mentioned earlier, I look forward to seeing how everybody and their mother is going to manage a new currency, and how it’s going to work at all, to be honest (implications, variables, etc).

So, in short; thank you very much, Tech Team.

Promising. It is after all a unique opportunity, I do not think there is any RP server out there (if there are any RP servers left on Minecraft at all), that could implement such a focused and “hardcore” economical system. It will be interesting on how nations manage their nodes... considering though they are universally accessible, that dampens the requirement for specialization. On the other hand, given that if they are limited, that encourages trade. Not bad.

Designating nodes would maintain the landscape to a higher degree. Has freebuild been adressed? I am certain there are still advocates for such among us. I personally do not really support freebuild in the main regions.

Hard printed money? I’d love to make coinage for Haense, using my rename tokens. Or will the plugins be adjusted accordingly? How will you fare in allowing for exchanges and/or shops for it to function? (I’d love to see shops where you buy other currency with your own currency!)

All in all, looking forward to this.

20 hours ago, Hiebe said:

Each tile in the world will be regioned and given a specific primary and possibly secondary type. Primary types include plains, forests, and mountains. Secondary would be desert, underground, and coastal.

Only question I have after reading is about this... How is a forest a primary region type but a desert a secondary? Does this have to do with the frequency of the regions across the map or is this some random assignment? As someone who has spent plenty of time in deserts in the last two maps I would argue that a desert is a primary region, but it might not be a huge deal.

Otherwise, looks fun! I hope that we will see more information on the professions and the full system before 8.0 release so that we aren’t all left scrambling to figure **** out.

3 hours ago, Sykogenic said:

Only question I have after reading is about this... How is a forest a primary region type but a desert a secondary? Does this have to do with the frequency of the regions across the map or is this some random assignment? As someone who has spent plenty of time in deserts in the last two maps I would argue that a desert is a primary region, but it might not be a huge deal.

Otherwise, looks fun! I hope that we will see more information on the professions and the full system before 8.0 release so that we aren’t all left scrambling to figure **** out.

Types are evolving, I was thinking about some changes today so we shall see.

On 9/9/2020 at 6:47 PM, Esterlen said:

Thankfully, as the value of mina increases (When it is removed from the daily voting reward) it can be expected that prices on everything in terms of tax, etcetera will go way down.

For me that is really the highlight of this announcement – actually stopping the hyperinflation and giving us an economy again! +1

Making prices go down is a terrible idea. As it stands, a lot of materials are worth less than .1 minas, which is the lowest price shops can sell something. Making prices even lower makes it hard to sell said items. Ideally, prices should be higher.

2 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Making prices go down is a terrible idea. As it stands, a lot of materials are worth less than .1 minas, which is the lowest price shops can sell something. Making prices even lower makes it hard to sell said items. Ideally, prices should be higher.

With food expiration and resourcing harvesting being restricted by biome, those prices should increase. Land value go down, resource price increase. Best of both worlds. 

Ooh! Sounds cool!! :))