What race(s) do you enjoy playing the most?

LotsOfMuffins

What race(s) do you enjoy playing the most?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Pick which race(s) you enjoy playing the most below!

What race(s) do you like to play the best?

lusT6xbZTrs2Cj5P98QT2DH-1B7SX24K6Sj7i2vm

There are more than a few races in LotC. Personally, I’ve played (in order from first to latest) a wood elf, snow elf, mixed human, farfolk, dwarf, and dark elf. Each race has its own history and culture and various things that make it fun to play. In your opinion, which race(s) do you enjoy playing the most? Why do you enjoy playing them? What about the race makes it interesting and fun to play? This is purely out of curiosity on your guys’ opinions, as I have played a handful of races myself and hold my own opinions, but I wanna hear everyone else’s and your guys’ experiences. 

Please keep all replies respectful and on-topic!

halfling rp is truly unique from the murderhobo world outside of it and i have the most fond memories of it

goblins are the same to me but their rp isnt quite as fun as it was in asulon-anthos ish times

I personally enjoy playing a halfling, because all of my friends play halflings. I love the look of halfling burrows, and I like the tavern RP we frequently have in Brandybrook.

That’s all I really have to say. It’s not all that exciting playing a halfling, but for those who don’t crave to be the protagonist of every story, it’s a nice experience.

I personally enjoy playing humans for their short lives. It motivates me to get things done on that character, and helps me become less attached to them in the long-run.

Just now, neoroseo said:

elf™

stop copying me thanks

Don’t fall for it, they want to get rid of the least favorite race next

Wait, you guys are rping?

I’m a geek so here is my actual reasoning instead of memeing.

I personally enjoy playing elves the most, All 3 of my characters are elves. I spend a decent amount of time on LOTC, but I don’t feel I have enough time to get stuff done in the lifetime that humans have. Having a character that could live for 100s of years means I don’t have to rush through anything and can go at a slow and steady pace. It also means a character I buy art for can stay my main for multiple IRL years, which makes buying art feel less wasteful. If I played a human I’d probably not buy much art at all, because the character isn’t going to last that long. I’d be interested in playing a Orc or Dwarf if given the chance to play one from childhood, but other than that, I don’t feel any interest in leaving my Elf life.