TheFlowerBandit

[PK] The Death Of A Leparda (Xinan Edition)

Days puncuated by pain, headaches and restless nights seem to follow the once well known Kharajyr.

Living the remainder of his life in the wilds, thinking, meditating, raising his last son, and wondering...

Such was one of these days, the Booze Cat as he was known in his youth. . . Chopping wood. An aura of peace, calmness, almost eerily so. Now in his 50s, and still in his physical prime.

All the chaos of his youth has left him, now just another old man, a list of ideas, and a list of names. Names from his youth, friends, enemies, all alike. They ramble on, and so does he. Telling stories to anyone who’d pass by his home, or visit him on occasion in Asimu’lei, if he could be caught there.

He wonders the fates of Tantalus, Rhaella, and the others who’d been such close friends to him. They’d simply disappeared in his mind that’s just how things are it seems. Answers will show themselves in time.

Months pass, close to a year until one faithful afternoon. The Kha is splitting wood, his head begins to ache more then usual, he finds himself unable to work any further.

He turns, returning to his cabbin calling:

”Chicahu! My Per’ come to me son.”

The Tigrasi who he’d rescued, and raised exist from the cabin. Barely an adult, even by Kharajyr standards, just 13.

”Some wood over there I need splitting, if you’d be so willing my giant.”

Chicahu smiles, taking the axe from his father and beginning to split the wood with a few mighty grunts.

”Put your back into it!”

Xinan calls from the cabin

”Okay Patta!”

The shout is returned with a heavy emphasis of sarcasm, a tease.

The Leparda lays down, unable to sleep it seems. He takes deep, steady breaths. These would be his last.

As his mind drifts, he ponders, and thinks. Where did his life go all wrong? Was it in Asimu’lei? Asamel?

None of this matters now. Whatever you’d think of the Kha, hero and reformer, an open mind and sympathetic ear. Or a monster that only sought to destroy and ancient culture, and way of life worthy a death much worse the one he got, or some middle ground. Perhaps a moment would be taken to consider that of the Kha, and both sides.

In his final moments he begins to cry, thinking of all he’d done, all the suffering, the pain, the joy. Lenora, Gusiam, Qudlia, Asamel, Ari, Araene, Umi, Savie, Tantalus, Rhaella... Pep...

Would they know? Would they care?

Drifting off... into a eternal sleep, dying of Brain Cancer at the age of 52.

His son returns, a day passes as he goes to wake his father, finding him dead, he sends off the bird with the note as instructed by his father before passing, not bothering a peak at it.

He mourns the loss of his Patta, cremating him, along with the house they live in. Starting a small forest fire in his anger, slaughtering many an animal with his bear hands in his rage.

He arrives at the Gates of Stargush’Stroh... Spending his life a dedicated worshiper of Isuz.

The Message To Lenora:
(Please don’t meta, but feel free to read if you wish.)

Spoiler

Haelun! If you’re reading this then I, Xinan, have departed from Arcas. My time here was limited, frankly I didn’t expect to make it as far as I did. I prepared this letter not long after I left Krugmar for the wilds. I figured something would happen to be sooner or later. I’m sorry for everything, not being there, not being able to see your wedding. I wish I could make it up to you some how, but we will meet again, I know it. You’ve done so much for me, I frankly am not sure how to repay you. I want you to know I tired. I tried my best in everything I did, for the Kharajyr, for my people, and for your people. I still consider myself more ‘Ker then Kha. I’m sure you already know, but I never really did mind the whole Kha’mal thing. In fact I rather enjoyed it, made me feel welcome.

Truth being Haelun, I felt more welcome around you then I did anyone else. You cared for me when no one else could, I felt safe, and loved. You were there to wipe my tears when Asamel passed. To stop me from killing myself. I owe you my all, my mother, and my best friend. I wish I could’ve been more, more then what I was or what I am now. Don’t cry for me, we’ll meet again, I am sure.

((I cried writing this))

Spoiler

All good stories come to an end! Xinan was probably one of my favorite personas on LOTC so far. I remember being so excited to first play him. The furry little fucker turned into quite a monster. Had trouble getting his life together but, I feel like he wrapped up nicely. I will make another blank slate kha soon, you may’ve heard of him already his name is Chicahu. As for anyone that was really close to Xinan, I’m sorry, it was fun to play him. As I said, all good stories come to an end, Xinan is no different. Feel free to comment your favorite moments with him, if you want! Gosh I don’t want to make another Kha app, but I will.

Now just to watch the mix of cheers and sobbing in the comments..

Pep Leparda awaited her brothers arrival... wherever she was. He never arrived, but a heartbroken Pep would continue to wait and wait...

Twilight would sigh having heard words the the kha passing, not having seen him scene her children were born. Thanking Laura that she got to meet him as a few tears rolled down her face as she remembered the few good times she had with him. He will truly be missed by many.

Talo and Tide continue on their days as usual, not ever realizing that this one kha that they met one or two times that they remember very vaguely died.

Umi Leparda stood within her home within the wildlands, next to her beloved husband and a cub at her hip. She’d have gotten news of her sons death, ears flat against her head as she hugged Savie close, eyes closed. Whispered words only meant for the couple to hear are uttered, quiet, as her tail swayed behind her, seeking comfort. She debated, perhaps, going to visit the rest of her children but remembering her life before the wildlands and the cruel reality, she wasn’t quite sure.

As the letter came through the open window, Lenora would have been doing the dishes. Drying off her hands and placing the plates away and putting the bucket of water to the side. She thanked the bird and sent it on it’s way. Once Lenora opened up the letter and seeing Xinan’s penmanship smiled, however that smile quickly turned into a frown the more she read on.. Tears starting to well in her eyes as she read on, trying to hold them back as she knew bad news would be coming towards the end of it. Thoughts starting to race around her head, her son. The boy she had known for years... Gone, she could feel her heart break a little. A very small smile tugging at her lips with the fact she read she was able to help him, a tear rolling off her face as she did so. She turned her back to the counter she was standing next to and slumping to the floor, softly saying “May Kor let you past the gates Kha’mal..” re-reading the letter, over, and over, and over again. Till Gusiam walked into the room, handing him the page and hugging her knees “He shouldn’t have left this realm so soon...”

In her time as a tavernkeep, Dhaen Grandaxe had treasured many memories of customer interactions. Dwarven customs were not conducive to allowing Kha to rest and refuel at their bars. Nonetheless, some persisted. She never forgot the young Kha – Xinan – that had visited her multiple times, bringing with him curiosity and the desire to do right.  She had given the child a weapon of her people in self defense and whispered words of wisdom and luck into his furred ear. 

As Dhaen sat once again in the tavern one quiet night, the fire casting a warm glow through the stony establishment, she thought one last time of the young Kha so long ago. The female dwarf was not oblivious to the knowledge that she would outlive the child, but she smiled to herself in spite of it.

At his life’s close, he must have had one hell of a story to tell.

Blair will thoroughly miss the little ****, despite having little interaction with the Kha.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.