Quality RP

Unwillingly

As many of you know, LOTC is a very old server. With literal IRL years of lore and dedicated players involved, it’s a recipe for some of the most intricate, elaborate, and stellar storylines any MCRPing platform could ever see. However, many would disagree – just as LOTC is known for its higher-quality RP compared to other servers, its also known for RP that can be extremely questionable. So, thinking about this, I’m interested in hearing what you guys think constitutes as “high quality” or “low quality” RP with a few questions below. You don’t need to follow all of these questions and can obviously ramble on your own accord if you’d like, but they’re just some prompts if any of you are interested 🙂

Please be respectful in your responses and don’t target other players.

In your opinion,
-  What makes “high quality” & “low quality” RP?
-  How can low quality RP impact the server? 
-  What makes RP engaging?
-  Your favorite niche of RP? 
-  Is there a storyline or long-term RP scenario that you thoroughly enjoyed at one point? (Preferably not an eventline – something more player made). 

High quality RP to me usually consists of a slower pace, with detailed emotes. It doesn’t have to be three paragraphs for a few simple actions, but emotes which bring sensory information are good. You’re making tea, but does the kettle bubble, do the cups clink together, what does the tea smell like? You’re smithing, but describe folding the steel back on itself, is the character just starting for the day and thus straight-backed and ready to go, or is it the end of the day and their posture is weary and exhausted? How cluttered is the room? What’s the atmosphere like?

These things just make for RP that’s more enjoyable for me, and that’s not to say I don’t also enjoy more fast-paced scenarios like combat, but I like to see similar things in that case. Think about rain making a sound when it falls on plate mail, or how swords flash in the sunlight when swung.

I think it turns off a lot of potential players, but equally being hit with a massive paragraph emote can turn off other players who are looking for a less intense RP experience. Low effort or excessive meme RP can be really jarring to try an interact with, because you sometimes don’t know whether to ignore it or not.

Different people will look for different hooks in their RP. Wood Elven RP has a lot of culture which is interesting, magic RP has the nice teacher-student dynamic and all the flavour that goes with various fantasy themes. Military RP can give you very interesting character development, and helps to fill out a character who doesn’t have much of a backstory. I guess the hook is something with a strong theme.

Probably teaching RP, whether it’s a lecture about Elven language, or a one-on-one with a Dedicant about the Balance. It’s calm and quiet, and it builds a relationship between characters and helps to fill in characters’ understanding of the world. I enjoy the reverse too, of taking basic classes at Pogwarts on my Helf. Healing RP can be good too, with the right patient.

-  Is there a storyline or long-term RP scenario that you thoroughly enjoyed at one point?

I did some smithing RP on my Dwarf a few months back. Her cousins came into the forge, hearing her at work, and she had several conversations over probably about five IRL hours of smithing emotes. This included a very heartfelt moment with her Clan Father.

In my opinion, high quality RP is simply just roleplay that can keep you interested and involves detailed, above average emotes from all present. High quality RP also generally has a nice flow, it lacks the long pauses between emotes(5 to 10 minutes) and excessive OOC chatter, that is common in lower quality RP.

Low quality RP can be seen in many forms, but in general, it is not as engaging and has lower quality emotes that do not keep your attention. Some of the more common things that make RP of a lower quality are, extremely low quality emotes, one of the people present not truely wanting to be there, excessive OOC arguments or chatter, and Metagaming/Powergaming. Memeing during RP can also cause it to lose it’s quality, if you are not interested in the memery, but memeing in RP chats is technically against the rules ,so it shouldn’t happen anyways.

Low quality RP is something that will always be on the server, there isn’t anything you can do about it. The server is constantly bringing in new people who have never RPed before, so a lower quality from them is expected, but an excess of it can cause some issues. When relating to CRP, a low quality experience could scare a new player away from it completely because it can cause some serious stress. Overall low quality RP could end up scaring away players who are veteran RPers because they think the whole server is like that, or it could cause people completely new to RP to think that is the norm, which could scare them away or cause them to RP the same way.

Each person has different things they like, but for me, I don’t feel completely pulled in to the RP, unless the movements of the characters are emoted. I can’t get into RP where a person is just typing a huge speech without their character moving or stopping to catch their breath, it feels unrealistic and doesn’t create a full picture. I also think it’s important that you are RPing with someone who is also enjoying what you are doing, it isn’t very engaging when you create a in depth emote and the other person doesn’t.

This is a really hard one to answer, but it’s either student/teacher RP or Peaceful family RP. I’ve personally never done much Teacher/Student RP as the teacher, but I love RP of my character being taught things, whether it’s his dedicancy, learning combat, or healing, it just feels great, and a teacher usually can create extremely high quality emotes that constantly keep your attention. Family RP, is an amazing thing and can have so much depth, personally I love it when it’s extremely mundane stuff, like cooking together, eating dinner, or just relaxing together in your living room. nothing important is happening with the RP, it’s just relaxing, and generally you have a decent OOC relationship with family members which means you aren’t arguing any in OOC.
-  Is there a storyline or long-term RP scenario that you thoroughly enjoyed at one point? (Preferably not an eventline – something more player made).

My Character’s dedicancy is probably been my favorite thing so far. I’ve had a ton of bumps and issues IRPly, which makes it even more fun, I’m actually still going through it, and I’m currently on a break for IRP reasons. The RP that has formed between him and his guide(s) has been amazing and led to great character development. A strong 2nd would be probably be his current relationship and it’s formation. My character is currently in a rather unique relationship, that took a couple months to form. It’s led to a lot of quality RP and character development that constantly keeps me wanting to RP!

as long as we have fun im good 

u know i do a lot of dumb stuff irply but i dont meme rp- “low quality” for me means emotes that are very 1 sided like
* picks up football
*throws footbal
but its not a big gripe since some people inherently cant type due to them not speaking english as their first language 
“high quality” on the other hand means that u get invested in whats going on- immersed and stuff while being able to  study every character and aspect of the roleplay thats going on 

1. I would define High Quality Roleplay as being well-thought out speech and emotes grounded in the experiences of a character, the lore of the world, and the present situation. You can draw influence from other sources of fantasy lore (eg. LotR, GoT, TES, The Witcher, D&D, Mythology, etc) or Ancient, Medieval, and Early Renaissance History, but nothing that is too anachronistic (eg. Modern science/medicine in a Medieval Fantasy Setting). Drawing from other eras of history or from sci-fi is okay, but it needs to be done tastefully so as to not break the server’s overall setting. Overall, Good RP is creating a believable atmosphere that fits in with the world and the group you are RPing with, and basing how your character acts and what he thinks and feels about the world around him. Conversely, Low Quality Roleplay would be roleplay that is anachronistic – draws too much from modern, early modern, or futuristic elements. This would include Meme RP (drawing from modern meme culture heavily in RP), Anachronistic RP (pulling too much from modern culture or science, or elements from a sci-fi source that don’t fit with a medieval setting). Another obvious type of bad RP is RP that breaks the rules (obviously), such as metagaming, powergaming, godmodding, random deathmatch, etc. Good RP always leaves a chance for others to respond and adapts to fit the responses of others, just like real life does. Bad RP would be forcing things to a narrative without allowing other characters to effect it, or knowing things you shouldn’t know with no RP reason. Another form of bad RP is allowing your character’s decisions or outlook on other characters be effected by your OOC opinions of their player.
  2. Meme RP can be fun, if isolated and done in private with a group of people who all understand they are just joking around. However, doing any other kind of low quality RP regardless of situation, or doing Meme RP in public, is extremely distracting to people who are trying to rp serious situations and immerse themselves in the lore, and tends to break the cohesion of the world. In some cases, it can work, like Dwarves having some early modern, steampunk style tech, since that sort of thing has been established in lore. In any cases where anachronism is used suddenly with lore backing, however, it is a problem and breaks the flow of rp for people, and makes each group on the server feel like they are in a different world than the others. It should always feel like Oren, Elvenesse, Urguan, Krugmar, Haelunor, Norland, etc are all in the same world as each other. All types of rulebreaking rp or instances of bringing OOC into RP and vice versa should be avoided at all costs, as it isn’t fun for anyone involved.
  3. RP is engaging when it is done with a high quality and draws you into the world. It should make you feel immersed in the setting, and that setting should be rich and deep enough to support such immersion. In engaging rp, you are interacting with other characters, reacting to what they do as your character would, and are receiving thoughtful reactions in turn.
  4. My favorite niche has generally been Tolkienesque Elven RP, though I also enjoy Dwarven rp. I haven’t tried rp with the Humans that much, and have never tried Orcish rp, so I don’t have much of an opinion on them.
  5. I enjoyed the wars between the Wood Elves of Leyulin and Embermoore and Haelunor in Athera, and all the political interactions that came with that. More recently, I enjoyed the RP in the Dominion of Malin in its prime in Atlas, and the rp immediately after its fall. I also enjoy open-ended events (player or ET led) focusing on exploration, deduction, research, and experimentation, or ones that focus on the history and lore of the world.

In all honesty, good roleplay stems from the mindsets involved and in my experience has ****-all to do with writing skill. Not to say that the latter has no effect on the advent of good roleplay, but it comes second to detachment from character and cannot perpetuate roleplay by its own merit. I have roleplayed with folks whose writing impressed on intuitive levels but which in the end could not impose anything significant on the progression of story or narrative.

Likewise, I collided with people whose english was subpar at best but that I could thoroughly attest to be more capable and contributive than any psuedo-intellectual contingent on his or her writing to stay afloat, and not because their english “had style”, but their mindsets and attitude toward roleplay and conflictive encounters are withdrawn entirely from any underlying motives that inevitably covet OOC interest. 
Good roleplay derives from interactions mature enough to enable fruitious story progression, regardless of any superficial qualities to the text, because impressive writing loses all credence once it is appropriated to beautify some half-assed attempt at bullshitting death, or circumventing a well-played disconnection. This doesn't mean you are obliged to die or lose at every turn, but once good writing becomes an excuse to negate consequence when well-aware that the opposite side has an upper-hand, any true value to the interaction greatly declines from there. It should not be a stepping stone for doddering degenerates who cannot handle fictional loss to justify dodging simultaneous strikes like some protagonist from berserk.

I used to be in the dark myself, and I know first-hand that quality alone cannot atone for poor mindsets, or suffice to create great stories which appease the participants and inspire respect. For good measure, perhaps try thinking encounters through from character – and not player – perspective, and stop worrying about oocly losing face. The most memorable occurences in this server almost always ensued after compromise.

A good roleplayer can create paragraph long emotes to convey complicated actions and feelings.

A great roleplayer can do all that with a sentence or two.

I haven’t been on LoTC for particularly long, nor have I ever really been prominent in any community at all, but I’ve experienced quite a few groups and seen a few different styles of roleplay. I’m not the best at roleplay, I’d say I’m thoroughly mediocre, though I’d like to post my thoughts regardless.

What makes “high quality” & “low quality” RP?

The major difference between high quality and low quality roleplay, for me, is whether somebody is actively enjoying it. You can have your paragraph emotes all you want, but if your not really present in the situation, and enjoying it, then I don’t really see the point.

Although some may describe high quality roleplay on the quality of emotes themselves, this isn’t really what I judge the quality of the roleplay itself on. High quality emotes are certainly nice, and aid in roleplay, however, I don’t think you need to have lengthy emotes. I don’t expect anyone to have emotes describing every detail for roleplay to be high quality. If the other party is invested in the roleplay, then I’m invested too. Good roleplay shouldn’t really be defined on the quality of emotes, but rather, the fun everybody is having.

Roleplay should be engaging, and the quality of an emote is not what engages me. The soul in the roleplay, and by extension, the person roleplaying, is what is engaging. Yeah, I guess. Just having fun in roleplay is what I would define high quality as.

How can low quality RP impact the server? 

Drawing off of my answer to the first question, roleplay which isn’t fun or engaging to most parties involved is off-putting. I felt this most when I was roleplaying for the sake of simply roleplaying, when I played in Renatus late last year. It put me off roleplay, for a while. Halfling roleplay, where almost everybody did have fun, was when I felt drawn back to roleplay.

What makes RP engaging?

I sort of answered this in the first question, however I’ll just repeat myself, and add a few more words.

Roleplay is engaging when every party is enjoying themselves. When every party feels drawn to the situation, and wants to participate, regardless of their backgrounds, or their grasp of writing. All roleplay needs to be engaging is forming bonds and having fun.

Your favorite niche of RP? 

As much as I’d like to say halfling, slice-of-life roleplay, I can’t.

I’d have to say that I’ve enjoyed two niches of roleplay, for vastly different reasons. Murder roleplay, although I’m somewhat unexperienced in it, is really fun, especially when both parties are enjoying the situation. The other niche which I am, once again, somewhat unexperienced in is religious roleplay, specifically fanatic religious roleplay. It’s exciting, and just plain fun to roleplay.

Is there a storyline or long-term RP scenario that you thoroughly enjoyed at one point? (Preferably not an eventline – something more player made). 

A sequence of events, made by @Trigamar in the halfling community, was thoroughly enjoyable. It brought the whole community together, for a bit of unordinary roleplay. I wasn’t present for most of it, however what I was there for, was the best roleplay I had in a good while.

2 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

In your opinion,

In my opinion high quality role-play can be funny, atmospheric, or dramatic. I like laughing, and not all funny RP is troll RP; I like hearing about the surrounding area we’re in, Minecraft is a fun medium for space/visual metaphors; dramatic RP draws you in because of its stakes.

Low-quality role-play is boring, entirely focused on one narrative. A character’s actions are more fun when they exist in a few different potential outcomes. This is why people don’t like bandit RP, because essentially you feel like a node being mined for your items. It’s boring, and it completely centers the villain as the device for RP to come, because you forget and have to keep on going.

It results in game-oriented mentalities. If I don’t play to RP, I play to win; I play to take what I want from other players. Engaging with other people’s narratives or character is pointless when I could be getting a node or crafting better gear with a skill plugin.

The spotlight is not entirely on your or entirely unfocused on you either. Shared space for novel narratives; it’s fun when a ghost & a dwarf become friends. Good RP is more or less a choose your own adventure book, and the experiences are not so concrete on purpose. Role-play is just about being in a different mindset, it’s ultimately a trivial game for our own distanced amusement. 
-  Your favorite niches of RP? 

Occult RP – Strange Potential & Weird Knowledge

Merchant RP – Glimmering Gold & Crafting Artifacts

Crime RP - The lure of it all... & the fear of getting caught
-  Is there a storyline or long-term RP scenario that you thoroughly enjoyed at one point? (Preferably not an eventline – something more player made). 

Yes, I rather enjoyed my original Frost Witch Coven, the Wood Elf vs High Elf wars in Phaedrus’ time, at one time I was playing a golem for the legendary Salamandra (from the old VAT), and that was swell. Other highlights for me include being attuned on two Druids, my shaman Ruu. I also enjoy Carrington Family RP! Fun times. 

-  What makes “high quality” & “low quality” RP?

In general, in my opinion, which seems to shared with several of the previous responders, the difference between low and high quality RP is the involved characters ability to be immersed in the situation. It’s a level of enjoyment, but it’s also a level of immersion. Detailed story isn’t needed, two characters could be having a wonderful conversation in the middle of a tavern just about their day to day life and this could be considered high quality RP as long as the two characters are able to consistently find reason to respond and understand each other. The reason I feel that this is prominent on LOTC is because its not a server that is mostly driven by the line of world-events, or serverwide mass storylines, while other servers rely heavily on these in order to keep their playerbases engaged. in LOTC, players are able to drive their own story regardless of current world events and aren’t being forced to participate in them, nor are they being blocked from participating in them.

Joe the blacksmith can continue being the blacksmith even while the gods are violently battling each other in the skies, his RP is not being forcefully dragged in one direction. And like that example, everyone is able to really dig in and do the things they actually wanted to do from the start. While other servers, often times, the first thing you have to end up doing is finding a way to insert yourself into an active group in order to get any RP at all, and this tends to drag your roleplay in a direction that sometimes you just wont enjoy.

So I suppose what im getting at here is that to me high quality RP is when you can freely enjoy the roleplay that you have an interest in yourself, without the need for outside forces to feed you a story. If what your roleplay is about can survive without needing to lean on something that isnt in your hands to control, youve created something good.

-  How can low quality RP impact the server? 

As a staff member, and someone who hardly plays on servers without being staff somewhere, my view on this is generally from that perspective. Low quality RP’s biggest effect is that it will ultimately drive away newer people who might not be as experienced as roleplayers, a roleplay veteran that joined yesterday might see your “Halt, you person! Hand over your items and mina!” copy paste road RP and think, dang, Ive been struck with the not-good bandits, lame.

But an inexperienced roleplayer might see this and that experience would taint their opinion of future encounters, if they come across low quality RP too often and dont find it enjoyable, they’ll become discouraged, and may not stick around.

-  What makes RP engaging?

In my personal opinion, RP to me is engaging when Im free to respond as I like. Its a bit odd to explain, but essentially, say I were in an event. I want to be able to come up with creative ways to solve the event and have that drive where my character goes, rather than be given multiple choice options. This can happen outside of events as well, like if I come across player bandits, and they say Mina or Die.

Why can’t I talk it out with the bandits? Offer them an alternative? What happens if they try to rob my sweet boy Haku who cries out in an utterly heartbreaking scene and begs for his poor life, will they spare him? Leave him with some money?
^ That freedom of “no one knows whats about to happen or how they will respond” makes it all engaging for me.

-  Your favorite niche of RP? 

At this current moment, I have two.

Crafting RP has always been my favorite niche, and I’ve been excitedly diving into it recently. But also I have a special place in my heart for Golem RP. Though that may sound odd, there is a very entertaining way of playing a golem character that most people tend to avoid, not because its hard or because its strange or loopholey, its just that it can be easy to accidentally do a little too much and go outside the bounds of a golem’s capabilities mentally. But once you get the hang of it, it really becomes a character you can enjoy.

-  Is there a storyline or long-term RP scenario that you thoroughly enjoyed at one point? (Preferably not an eventline – something more player made).

Absolutely.

It has always been Glothir, my oldest golem character. He’s been through two map changes and only god knows how many Imperas, and the kind of golem that he’s become through his interactions is absolutely fascinating. I love telling all the stories of his life, the things he’s done and things that he’s been told to do and what happened, he’s a good rock boy now, but wasn’t always ;v;

A golem is only what their Impera turns them into >.>

I’ve made clips using a text to speech robot with some voice alteration of Glothir telling his stories too, they’re neat. I wont share them here though because they’re kinda low quality writing and I wanna redo them a little better later on...

4 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

A good roleplayer can create paragraph long emotes to convey complicated actions and feelings.

A great roleplayer can do all that with a sentence or two.

This. 

What makes High Quality RP?

Caring about the beliefs and mindset of your character and how they would react is far more important in my opinion than how much you write, and that reaction is what people will be looking for, everything else is just for flavor.

What makes Low Quality RP?

Not caring. Simple as that. Not caring about your character and not caring about how your character would react in rp. You can rp as a dog, or a child, or a 1000 year old dragon, or a  farmer, a crazy man, or a grizzled warrior. So long as you care, and rp as you honestly believe that character would, you will create a positive roleplay experience. So long as you care about that character, it is not meme rp or low quality. I have had silly characters before, and serious characters. I have been new to the server, and tired, and any other reason to have short or lackluster emotes. But so long as you act with the intent to create a good rp scenario through your own character’s reaction, that is High Quality Rp. 

Favorite Niches?

Smithing RP, got interested in it in The Fringe, have been doing it ever since, honestly what I love to do when not participating in my other favorite niche  (because I like helping people and being at the crossroads of rp)

The most hated niche by a majority of the server population, Religious RP (Specifically Church of Canon)

Edited by Lojo613

11 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

High quality RP doesn’t matter about how people emote, their use of words or anything of the semantics of their actions. High Quality RP is when consequences are accepted and when people contribute to this server as an over-arching narrative instead of being their own personal escapist bubble. The most high quality RP you can experience is people genuinely rolling with the punches of any scenario, no matter what. I could care less if they barely emoted, it’s all about the mentality behind their actions and their characters that matters the most.

Low quality RP is really just based around self-inserting, the refusal of progress and otherwise the necessity to ‘win’ every single scenario. Most of the time, low quality RP is quite inconsequential and derives from breaking facets of realism and logic in favor of the OOC controller. Even a bunch of noobs just having a cute conversation amongst themselves is what I believe high quality RP can be, it is not some elitist culture, it’s all about embracing what the server is truly there for.

Stagnation, that is the main thing I believe low-quality RP encourages according to my definition. The ability for this server to live and breathe beyond the possibilities of a few players is what genuinely makes this server a fantastic sandbox to truly learn character analysis and exploring the human ‘nature’ of fictional characters in an insane amount of depth. But this means reacting to the world as not being your own sandcastle, you are simply a small pawn in the piece of the overall game.

Realistic and logical character portrayal and simply being aware of your surroundings. I engage with people who explore their characters and have the ability to truly understand the person they’re attempting to convey. Whether that be through mannerisms, how they speak or just small bits about their character they slowly unravel and reveal themselves.

This is an exchange, engagement is at its highest when this exchange is done flawlessly with the ability for people to just go with the flow.

At this exact moment, I genuinely struggle to play a character that isn’t related to an event because I have trouble finding playerbases I am comfortable in making characters within. I do enjoy military/conflict roleplay quite a bit, but that niche is insanely hard to get into that is not rewarding or beneficial to roleplay standards.

Currently with events, I’ve really wanted to do small group explorations and encouraging bonds and logic while heading towards a singular goal. I hate big events, I hate dealing with mass crowds and that’s really all I’ve been doing for the past few months.

Thoroughly enjoyed my first proper ‘role-play’ death scenario within the White Rose, where my soldier was killed for being an insubordinate and conflicting with one of the main sergeants at the time, Baldir Toov over his treatment of his wife and his actions against a few of the other councillors. I really enjoyed it because it opened my eyes to inter-guild conflict and how death can be used to benefit the story instead of simply extinguishing it. It’s just a small chain of events that really helped me make my standards of RP today, an insight from the old White Rose fellas that taught me basically everything I believe in like 6 years on.

In my own opinion, what separates high quality RP from lower quality RP is the player accepting the drive and direction of the narrative, and making it so there are flaws and consequences to each and every one of their actions. One’s ability to write, or form stories is nothing if they can’t learn to accept the consequences and sequence of events they’ve put upon themselves. That, alone, makes things infinitely more interesting for both parties.

As other people in the thread mentioned, it is a bit of a turn off when people care so little about the RP, and refuse to accept, or ‘void,’ certain narratives. But, as long as there is low quality RP on the server, there will, too, be high quality RP.

Call me biased but, I absolutely adore shamanic RP. The shamanism rabbit hole is so deep, and there is always room to improve, and learn to come up with new, fresh ideas with all the lore and opportunities presented, even with the less combat-oriented ones, such as Lutaumancy. Besides that, what really engages me is deep RP rabbit holes, and narratives so in depth and convoluted; it is a really interesting thing, seeing the ugliness and immorality of LotC’s IRP world being projected.

-  Your favourite niche of RP? 

I’d say, anything that has severe consequences, or otherwise an opportunity to progress either characters’ arcs is a fun niche to play out. Anything that’ll leave a lasting influence on the characters, or the world, really.

If that’s too broad a niche, I’d have to say the really ugly stuff. Be it, occult business or anything of the like, that stuff really gets me going because of how exciting and engaging it can be. And, if stuff backfires, even better.

-  Is there a storyline or long-term RP scenario that you thoroughly enjoyed at one point?

In my years of playing on and off since I was just a kid back in Anthos, I’d have to say some of the best and most high quality RP I’ve had has to have been with @Haesvir. He’s a good friend, and able to build some incredible, beautiful storylines out of even the mundanities of the lore. Otherwise, I’d be inclined to say doing really terrible crusader RP during Vailor, as bad an RPer as I was at the time. Izgul Mau RP this map was also incredibly fun to play out.

What makes “high quality” & “low quality” RP?

Its a pretty simple line to follow honestly. If you’re doing emotes such as *swings sword and give no details at all, that is low quality rp. Give me details, and as cringey as it may sound,  immerse me. I want to feel like I’m my character interacting with yours through fighting, speech, body language, etc. If you’re actively trying to create a good roleplay scenario and giving it your all then I feel like you’re giving high quality rp.

-  How can low quality RP impact the server?

If everyone gave low quality rp the server would die with a quickness. If you’re actively playing and spending time on lotc and not putting effort into your rp then what are you doing here? Low quality rp will always make the server look dull and boring and can drive away new players. If two months ago the first rp I had saw was someone doing the bare minimum in terms of rp I would have left as would most new players if they had that kind of experience. As an rp based community we should automatically work together to make this world one thats immersive and fun.

-  What makes RP engaging?

This is different for everyone. I had a conversation with some friends in discord a week ago or so that talked about how basically they played lotc like its CK2. Which isn’t bad at all, I mean some of them that have this mindset are some of the best roleplayers I’ve seen on the server to this day. For me what makes rp engaging is when I can tell you’ve thought out small and maybe insignificant details about your character. I’m more engaged in your rp when your character has flaws, fears, and worries. If you’re just a blank slate hero that's all noble and fears nothing then you’ve already lost me. Its the characters interactions and such that make this server so engaging to me. 

-  Your favorite niche of RP? 

My favorite niche falls between 2 real types which is crafting rp, and combat rp. Now CRP is kind of terrible on this server because of the whole “Everyone is afraid of their character losing a fight or dying on a server where perma-death isn’t a thing unless you choose it.” but if I can find someone that’s fair and isn’t going to powergame then I don’t care to spend a lot of time on one fight, and even if I lose and die I’m not gonna be salty because I know the RP was fun. Crafting RP for me is so much fun because of the item creation system in place on the server. I love having my character emote tinkering with a pocket watch he found in Helena and figuring out how it works, then using that knowledge to make his own watch. I can even see myself eventually getting into things like smithing and roleplaying crafting weapons and making useful items.

-  Is there a storyline or long-term RP scenario that you thoroughly enjoyed at one point? (Preferably not an eventline – something more player made). 

One of my child characters is a bratty little ***** that likes to play pranks on people even if they seem mean or rude. I’ve loved the rp its created and he’s even grown a bit from some of the interactions he’s had because of all his pranks.