[✗] [Magic Lore + CA] Spectromancy

QliphothicCorvid

2 hours ago, Nug said:

LOL the ST rushing to meme on him

poor guy

How DARE they.

A fine job lad just take the time to read through the current lore. Good luck in your future writings.

53 minutes ago, Zacho said:

Its not awfully written at least in terms of words, phrasing, etc. The major downfalls are using a point based system, using souls in this specific way, having weird measurements, and lastly that you seem to lack a portion of knowledge on currently lore. Not bad for a first time though!

Alright, I’ll take that into consideration!

2 hours ago, _Hexe_ said:

just noticed this

qhy even

because imo, when your soul is gone you should be dead

keep working at it! you seem to be a creative individual; keep yourself informed and educated as to the lore, as others before me have mentioned, and soon enough, you’ll be a proficient lore writer with awesome pieces (I just know it)! My suggestion is looking at accepted lore and taking note of their styles, the systems they use, and so forth while maintaining the authenticity of your own writing – we learn by observation, after all. 

It’s not horribly written and some of the ideas are really good for someone's first lore post, keep at it, though make sure to look through accepted lore and come up with an idea that fits more of an area not taken by other magics.

Just to reiterate what everyone has said:

Well done on your first piece of lore; while its not perfect it would have potential! If, that is, there wasn’t a similar magic in place! But you seem fairly okay with this.

I’d say, like the others, look at the current accepted lore. Both to find a good basis on how magic currently works on the server (point based systems are a little archaic atm) and what current lore is around.

Remember: Lore can be little things too, so don’t fret by making a new magic and CA!

On 9/24/2020 at 5:41 AM, Knightei said:

Remember: Lore can be little things too, so don’t fret by making a new magic and CA!

This, I highly recommend that if you truly desire to get into lore writing, that you begin with smaller additions, neat little pieces of accessible flavor, rather the behemoth that are these sorts of all encompassing magic posts.

ngl kind of rude for some ST to meme on the guy when Mysticism isn’t even known well on the server because of how little those with it rp outside of their group.

2 hours ago, InkGolem3k said:

ngl kind of rude for some ST to meme on the guy when Mysticism isn’t even known well on the server because of how little those with it rp outside of their group.

Of course Mysticism isn’t common because its users not going about flaunting their power casually around cities due to its taboo nature RPly. Furthermore, Mysticism is a much more prestigious art than something like Voidal Magic – not to say that the latter is particularly bad, merely that it is more common. It may also be prudent of you to take a moment to note how many ST gave some very insightful critique as opposed to memeing... 

I myself must commend the writer of this piece, despite the fact that already accepted pieces collide. It’s very difficult to post lore, so I applaud their efforts as it’s not half-bad, for a new player especially. As my associated have said, I think it may be best if you look at the currently accepted lore before writing. While it’s not an instant deny if a magic shares one or two abilities, similar natures/themes often lead to conflicting canon in the lore, which can make things confusing for both parties. If you’re still interesting in writing a similar piece, here is a link to the current Mysticism Lore if you wish to check it out. I wish you well in your future writing endeavors!

15 minutes ago, Sorcerio said:

Of course Mysticism isn’t common because its users not going about flaunting their power casually around cities due to its taboo nature RPly. Furthermore, Mysticism is a much more prestigious art than something like Voidal Magic – not to say that the latter is particularly bad, merely that it is more common. It may also be prudent of you to take a moment to note how many ST gave some very insightful critique as opposed to memeing... 

Of course its taboo its a magic that creates spirits. I feel that a magic that’s primarily viewed upon as evil should try to create villain rp instead of constantly hiding it away. I know that people like to meta game stuff like this but its no excuse to keep from trying to create rp. From the two months that I’ve played no one really knows about mysticism IRP because of the fact that those who hold the magic do nothing to try and create rp with it. As for it being more “prestigious” that only sounds like its passed around in close knit OOC circles. Much like other magic. Of course you should have significant rp to be able to get the magic but let’s be real here... sometimes thats just not the case. Its sometimes more about OOC  and who knows who OOCly than how much work goes in when it comes to rp.

Also I did say some ST’s and not all ST’s are memeing him. I do think its better to actually give criticism to the guy like you did instead of just posting memes.

Edited by InkGolem3k

5 hours ago, InkGolem3k said:

Of course its taboo its a magic that creates spirits. I feel that a magic that’s primarily viewed upon as evil should try to create villain rp instead of constantly hiding it away. I know that people like to meta game stuff like this but its no excuse to keep from trying to create rp. From the two months that I’ve played no one really knows about mysticism IRP because of the fact that those who hold the magic do nothing to try and create rp with it. As for it being more “prestigious” that only sounds like its passed around in close knit OOC circles. Much like other magic. Of course you should have significant rp to be able to get the magic but let’s be real here... sometimes thats just not the case. Its sometimes more about OOC  and who knows who OOCly than how much work goes in when it comes to rp.

Also I did say some ST’s and not all ST’s are memeing him. I do think its better to actually give criticism to the guy like you did instead of just posting memes.

I would suggest to you, that the reason you, or any of these other people that you refer to don’t know about mysticism, or really any other lesser known magic-esc lore, isn’t due to the lack of rp, but rather due to the very nature of the rp that such lore creates. It would essentially be nonsensical for the mystic playerbase to go wildly around demonstrating to entirely unrelated parties, the nature of their lore, for no real reason other than garnering infamy.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.