Sign in to follow this  
AnonymousAlexa

An Official Letter of Resignation

Citizens of Oren,

To be frank, I never believed that I would be writing this letter. At least, not for a very long time, but alas, here I am.

Some of you may know of me, some of you may not, but I have served the Empire of Oren politically for twenty-seven years. I began working for former Senator and President of the Commons, Terrence May. Soon afterwards, I became his Chief of Staff during his Presidential term. For the subsequent Imperial Diet, I was placed on the Josephite Party list and served as a Member of the Commons. After the reforms to the diet, I ran for the next two terms. Throughout my three terms in the Commons, I have passed three bills, the Child Corporal Punishment Act of 1777, the Illegal Trade Act of 1778, and the Intelligent Non-Person Testimony Act of 1782.

As for ministry work, I have served as Undersecretary of the Interior for fourteen consecutive years. Before that, I served as Vice Undersecretary of the North. During my time serving the Interior, my proudest accomplishment is when I oversaw the expansion of the poorhouse, providing eight new rooms for the less fortunate of Helena.

Throughout my life, I have been loyal to both the Empire of Oren and my home Kingdom of Haense. At the time, this was not a conflict of interest, though times change. Due to the recent secession of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska from the Empire of Oren, I can no longer be loyal to both nations. After much consideration, I have decided to remain with my home country, thus resigning from my political career within the Empire of Oren. It has been a journey, an unforgettable one, and I truly thank everyone who has helped me along the way. I pray for Oren’s eternal prosperity and I have no doubt that my successors will continue to work tirelessly to ensure this.

Think not of the end of a chapter, but the beginning of a new one.

Signed,

Your humble servant of the state, Angelika Bykov

A lawyer picks apart the document, drunk and shouting at his colleague, Mr. Skingaard. He says mostly nonsense, though he points out, “They were expelled, they did not secede. Good riddance to such uneducated lots.”

Ed Selm proceeds to finish his drink and pass out on Skingaard’s dining table, uninvited.

Prinzenas Alexandria Karina’s lips hint to a smile at hearing of Angelika’s desire to remain with her home country.  “Dobry,” the woman said with content along with a nod of her head.  “She was born a Crow and shall forever remain a Crow.  Nie one shall forget the efforts of Miss Bykov within the Imperial Capital either, I wonder if she shall have interest in working for her newly independent country or if her and Ser Ivan have intentions of living quieter lives with their children.  Either way, I ought to prepare them a little gift.”

Philip pens a response, handing it to a courier he catches on his morning stroll: 

Header-Line-gold.png

Dearest Angelika,

In the brief time I’ve had the privilege of serving alongside you, we rarely had time for a simple ‘good day’, let alone a proper conversation. Yet one cannot help but admire such devotion and pride to the do good for the common man, much less to a people that are not your own. 

As the years continue to march on, I wish you nothing but the best, both to you and all our Comrades within the Provinces of Haenseti-Ruska. While we may not be joined by oaths any longer, we will stand together as the whole of Humanity, divided by borders yet bound by honor to one another. 

May the Crows continue to Soar High, and the Banners of Haense and of Her Citizens fly proudly as they have for centuries, and will for centuries to come.

You’ll always have a friend in Helena, you need only ask. 

For the Continued Glory of Both Our Kingdoms,

2rk50S9.png

Header-Line-gold.png

13 hours ago, BenevolentManacles said:

A lawyer picks apart the document, drunk and shouting at his colleague, Mr. Skingaard. He says mostly nonsense, though he points out, “They were expelled, they did not secede. Good riddance to such uneducated lots.”

Ed Selm proceeds to finish his drink and pass out on Skingaard’s dining table, uninvited.

“Cope,” says former President of Oren Lukas Rakoczy, standing beside official portraits of former President Terrence May, former President Lauritz Christiansen, former President Konrad Stafyr, and former President Konstantin Wick.

Edited by Pureimp10