Sign in to follow this  
Hermit_Jack

Minto's Manifesto

[ ! ] Upon Brandybrook's already messy noticeboard was tacked multiple hastily written notes stacked on top of each other. 

Minto's Manifesto

I, Minto Townsend, write this in response and in addition to Greta's open letter of apology.

It's become clear that perhaps I am the only person left with the fervor to stand up for my beliefs in recent events.

I'd like to support what's stated in Greta's letter. Everything that was said about me is true. It was my intention to bolster the Halfling Liberty Association with ideals more tame than what Greta had intended, and to some degree it was successful. 

Furthermore, It is my belief that the appointment of Andon as Elder and Filibert as Sheriff was a blatant attack to squash the HLA before it could gain more support. It's my claim that Isalie had full knowledge that something was happening and gaining support against her, though she may not have known the name or the leaders of it. I personally stood there by the docks as The Warden told Isalie about this a month before the wedding and speech. Soon after is when the appointments were made.

I take full responsibility in my influence and radicalization of Greta's goals and beliefs, and in addition to this I refuse to take back any sentiments I've stated. It's my only hope that none of this is held against her.

With all this in mind, I am willing to concede to the current government and follow its wishes in the name of peace and order. I will also gladly accept any consequences or punishments.

[ ! ] a series of open letters would be superglued together, addressing specific people, but for all to read

To Greta,
I apologize for dragging you into a mess that has overwhelmed you. You have a tender soul and a good heart for the things you support. You have my full respect.

To Filibert,
It's clear that Isalie appointing you for sheriff had worked. You became distracted by your duties under the current regime instead of the bigger picture. I believe you only backed the HLA to please your new wife. 

To Andon,
You were appeased by your appointment as Elder, and had no backbone to stand for the things that you originally joined the HLA for. This is backed by you telling me you "had picked the right side." Your pursuit for power corrupted you.

To Isalie,
I hope that this has brought the issues of Brandybrook to your attention. It's my hope that you will be the leader you should, and enact what is right for the people. Nevertheless, I am doubtful of change. 

Minto Townsend

- The True Local Halfling Revolutionary

Greta reads over the pamphlet, a look of concern slowly forming over her face ”Well... the truth is the truth, I suppose.”

”Yeh don’ ‘ave ter blame yehreself for everehthin’, Min’o.” responds Filibert Applefoot

Edward glared over the notice, “Hm, seems things are cooling off. The Thain should still keep her guard up, though.” He said.

8 minutes ago, VWebb said:

Edward glared over the notice, “Hm, seems things are cooling off. The Thain should still keep her guard up, though.” He said.

”Yeh apologize fer tryin’a murder my wife?” says Filibert Applefoot

Boris yawned, having shuffled through the notices, and clunked off to find something more interesting to hold his attention.

“If one o’ t’ese damn daemons off me in t’is infernal place, Oi hope t’ey do before t’ese impropah Wee Folk get any further in this insane bid fer democracy. Imagine, thinkin’ we should be loike tha Silver City.”