Wronging the Rights of the Past [Snow Elven Removal]

ScreamingDingo

Dope so when can we expect the human subraces to be dropped. Literally the same race, just a couple different flavors of European and then an ‘other’ category.

Man I didn’t even like Snelves but this ain’t it.

2 minutes ago, BathRugMan said:

But their lore isn’t being removed tho

It's being made non-canon, which is hardly any different. Now any old folks random Elven Subrace meme post has as much legitimacy as the Snelves.

LOTC’s staff once again showing their incredible communication skills with the player base! As someone said before, when can I expect the human subraces to be removed?

yo the main farfolk city is inhabited by demons, can we shelve them too..................

Regardless of their origin, there is now a player base that surrounds the mali’fenn. I see that it is true that staff have gotten more incompetent with lore decisions. Good Idea with killing off your player base.

12 minutes ago, DixieDemolisher said:

Dope so when can we expect the human subraces to be dropped. Literally the same race, just a couple different flavors of European and then an ‘other’ category.

Man I didn’t even like Snelves but this ain’t it.

Human 'subraces' as you say arent subraces. They are cultures. So there is nothing to remove.

Snelves are now a culture. Which is on the same level as the human cultures. Nothing is gained or loss. I'm unsure of what your comparison was intended to prove.

5 minutes ago, Sygnus_ said:

Regardless of their origin, there is now a player base that surrounds the mali’fenn. I see that it is true that staff have gotten more incompetent with lore decisions. Good Idea with killing off your player base.

The change is entirely semantics. You're allowed to still call yourself a snow elf. You're allowed to roleplay any snow elf culture you please. Nothing is lost except an arbitrary and frankly undeserved label of being a race, something that only happened because of previous admin biases

2 minutes ago, Archipelego said:

The change is entirely semantics. You're allowed to still call yourself a snow elf. You're allowed to roleplay any snow elf culture you please. Nothing is lost except an arbitrary and frankly undeserved label of being a race, something that only happened because of previous admin biases

It clearly isn’t arbitrary, the Snow Elf community’s reaction proves that. Why did you not communicate with the Snow Elves before coming to this conclusion?

If it’s because of mechanical systems for the future, that makes sense, but be forward about your motives and actions. Don’t kill me in an event for being divergent.

4 minutes ago, SiramenorGlade said:

May I point out that the Monkeys have now officially outlasted both the Kha and the Snow Elves

kha havent been killed yet(tm)

a reminder to be respectful to everyone here in this thread, for there are human beings behind the computer screens.

the snow elves can play their characters normally, nothing has changed other than the fact that they are not considered a race separate from high elves.  
if anything, in my opinion, this makes them more unique than before.

2 minutes ago, FlipChimp said:

a reminder to be respectful to everyone here in this thread, for there are human beings behind the computer screens.

the snow elves can play their characters normally, nothing has changed other than the fact that they are not considered a race separate from high elves.  
if anything, in my opinion, this makes them more unique than before.

Thats very snelfless of you.

Though really I do agree.

3 minutes ago, FlipChimp said:

Can this apply to the Story Team as well as the general playerbase? Whenever this stuff happens the Story Team clowns around on the thread and meme’s it to hell, which is probably not something the Snow Elves appreciate at all.

Don’t have much of a vested interest in either of these camps, just here to say that the staff are being so disappointingly childish over this whole thing, have some class about it and lose the superiority complex. 

1 minute ago, Scourgeoforder said:

Don’t have much of a vested interest in either of these camps, just here to say that the staff are being so disappointingly childish over this whole thing, have some class about it and lose the superiority complex. 

There are two ways the Story Team can approach this:

1: “After careful consideration, we have decided to remove ____ for x y and z reasons.”

2: “LMAOOOOOO! ECKS DEE DEE DEE DEE! ____ IS GONE! WE REMOVED THEM! THEY’RE [insert pun here]. AHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA! [Insert meme image here].”

They like to pick the second option more than they ought to.