Wronging the Rights of the Past [Snow Elven Removal]

ScreamingDingo

Holy **** they actually did it.

But question, how did this happen? Did all admins vote yes on this?

15 minutes ago, chaosgamer_ said:

But question, how did this happen? Did all admins vote yes on this?

Full Admin & Story Team approval, yes. Both of which has included people from the ‘fenn playerbase, current or former.

39 minutes ago, beng363 said:

This should come as no surprise. Staff have hated the Snow Elf race but in the many years none stepped forth to even give a reason, even now whilst we’re in the middle of rewriting out our lore the staff find it good management to remove the race of soo many players. Its any wonder soo many have left LoTC.

The reasons are detailed in this thread.

-Should not have been a race to begin, as they were pushed through by an administrator regarding his dissidence with the Highelf community
-Have lackluster and non-lore-approved Creation Lore
-Repeatedly falling flat as a nation, subrace, and playergroup – particularly in regards to Retention, maintaining only a fraction of players that make ‘Fenn
-Having no subrace-variable from any other but a shorter, albeit completely optional, lifespan.

You can still, as I stated and stated in this thread, roleplay as ‘fenn. You can still have Fennic culture, a Fennic religion, and any of the above; it just isn’t a subrace. Strictly saying, it not only isn’t unique enough, but has no justified reason given its dozens of failures in the past to produce anything more than a community embalmed in toxicity and an attitude aptly against new players. That community can still exist. The culture, which effectively is the race, still exists. All that is different is that the subrace no longer is different, because it was barely so to even begin. 

As I stated before to Ender, you’re still entitled to enjoy and roleplay the culture you play for. You are still Fenn, you are still snowelves – all that is different, is that the optional lifespan difference, being the only thing that seperated ‘Aheral from ‘Fenns, is nonexistent. Yet, you may still even roleplay so given it was barely a unique effect. The culture is preserved. The title of “Subrace”, has not been – and effectively changes only the race on one’s persona card.

32 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:

The title of “Subrace”, has not been – and effectively changes only the race on one’s persona card.

Will this change be coming to the human “subraces” aswell? Other then Adunians.

EDIT:

32 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:

‘fenn playerbase, current

And who in the Fenn playerbase (as in the Fennic Conclave) is on ST?

2 minutes ago, TDubs said:

Will this change be coming to the human “subraces” aswell? Other then Adunians.

See the issue is humans are active.

5 minutes ago, Mavromino said:

See the issue is humans are active.

The snow elf race tag is being removed because the culture and race is too close to high elves apparently. Why does this not apply to the human “subraces”? They are all the same race, just different cultures and thus should have tags such as Far Folk, Highlander, and Heartlander removed. If its only about activity, even then there is a dedicated group. Just because we arent marching around Arcas killing everything doesn’t mean we arent active.

I dont get who decides this but whoever is up to this needs to step down. This is ridiculous. Were constantly left in the dark while they make the decisions. A complete faillure on the part of ST and whoever brought this idea to the table. -1

1 minute ago, TDubs said:

The snow elf race tag is being removed because the culture and race is too close to high elves apparently. Why does this not apply to the human “subraces”? They are all the same race, just different cultures and thus should have tags such as Far Folk, Highlander, and Heartlander removed. If its only about activity, even then there is a dedicated group. Just because we arent marching around Arcas killing everything doesn’t mean we arent active.

Actually according to Squak the reasons are:

43 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:

-Should not have been a race to begin, as they were pushed through by an administrator regarding his dissidence with the Highelf community
-Have lackluster and non-lore-approved Creation Lore
-Repeatedly falling flat as a nation, subrace, and playergroup – particularly in regards to Retention, maintaining only a fraction of players that make ‘Fenn
-Having no subrace-variable from any other but a shorter, albeit completely optional, lifespan.

Lets go through these then.
1: Human subraces, as far as I’m aware, are old as hell and so it’s statistically unlikely they were pushed through via corruption and remained all this time.
2: Human creation lore is tied into the server, the subraces canonically come about from where your family grew up and that’s actually realistic.

3: Humanity are very much not failing as a nation and the individual subraces have never tried to be their own nation. Humanity player retention is very high, they’re the most played race on the server.

4: Okay the variable thing I can give you, though there are a few. Highlanders often live shorter lives, due to rural life, and also I think are more likely to have the eternal shitty scottish accent.

So, I’ve got them as having 1 out 4 of the reasons Snow Elves got shot. Hell, I don’t get why people are so angry over Snow Elf removal as they were never really largely active and the removal changes pretty much nothing of how you rp them.

Only thing that’s changed is the lack of a “Snow Elf” option in your character card. There is literally 0 change. You could literally say “lol **** the stupid ST I’m ignoring them and not gonna change a single damn thing” and you would be completely valid and they would not be able to stop you. 

Literally if you want to do something against them that might actually be tangible and have some sort of effect, just report the ones who are being toxic and laughing at you. Then they’ll get yelled at again and people might actually get in trouble lol. There’s no reason to look stupid on the forums just to scream about a change that doesn’t affect anything regarding your characters’ stories, which should really be the only the thing that matters anyways. This isn’t the same as shelving kha. There’s no change. 

Seriously join the story discord though. This idea has been thrown around a lot in that discord, I remember it because I argued for it as a player, and this really isn’t surprising. The best way to stay in touch with what the story team is doing and to voice your opinion is to talk in the discord. 

4 minutes ago, Mavromino said:

4: Okay the variable thing I can give you, though there are a few. Highlanders often live shorter lives, due to rural life, and also I think are more likely to have the eternal shitty scottish accent.

4 minutes ago, Mavromino said:

As long as you see how this is pretty much the same thing, I’m good.

EDIT: If the Wonks don't get shelved I have a half a mind to say this current staff setup is corrupt.

I honestly never post anything on the forums but what the actual **** is this? 

Staff replies in you can still play your snelf, the culture blablabla, but damn it is NOT the same. They say we lack unique traits and lore but EVERYTIME we tried to comission lore to make us different it is DENIED. The hate to snow elves has been here since the beginning and we literally started to come alive again after the former lead literally f*cked us over? Besides everytime we get snelven players they are 1 or getting lead to the human nations

2 they are being convinced that playing a snelf is bad? 

what the hec did you guys expect us to do if everything was made impossible? And we STILL lived in the Fennic Conclave which was rebuilding everything over again? The fact thay staff pulled the plug without hesitation is just on conclusion Lame and Upsetting. I wouldn’t find it suprising if everyone just gave up and went to LF instead.

And I totally agree with the others, If The human subraces are so called on the same level of us, why do they still exist and the Snow Elves not? 

NeonStarlight >:/

Edited by NeonSunlight
Something

As long as you don't say "farfolk are no longer a subrace they are just tanned Highlanders" then we won't have a problem bucko.

Cause that's just racist against the darker skinetone. I wouldn't mind merging highlander and heartlander into one group and just having them alongside Farfolk.

6 minutes ago, 1_Language_1 said:

As long as you don't say "farfolk are no longer a subrace they are just tanned Highlanders" then we won't have a problem bucko.

farfolk arent just brown, they’re any human based culture that comes from a far away place xd (irl culture rip offs)

4 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

farfolk arent just brown, they’re any human based culture that comes from a far away place xd (irl culture rip offs)

Exaactly, thank you.

Honestly if they want to be snow elves then someone must needs to make race lore of Ice Elves. 

Born of the Ice Wall, icicle blue skin, frosty white hair, white eyes with barely brighter pupils, cold to the touch, can't step foot in korvassa and barely survives in tropical places, can live shirtless in the snow, other ****, and boom I guess you have something different.