[The Cult Of One Eye] ~A Fraud's De-Masking + Epilogue~

Limo_man

L6W-SZGv1jd1unfW9bKTENU5X7qGxeLFVkPh9fQjqt9PFZ3JlaaE4vFx1s2nagwWDPELshzptnARtbAbli0406dwx6x9dnUr9s0jojMN-k55F_sTJ6tXdyyvSmu7Y71EDYVjYDDL

~ A Fraud’s De-Masking +  Epilogue ~

~ A Fraud’s De-Masking ~

The day finally drew near, the day of the war’s end against the Cult Of The One Eyed ‘Fraud’. After over a year of trailing this cannibalistic cult, The Drifter finally did it. He found their deadly ‘fortress’ that had been rumored throughout his many sources to be near the old ruins of a Scyfling battle known as Camp Mud. After thorough inspection, and tireless searching, the Drifter figured out the camps ‘routine’ you could say. Once he had informed the rag tag group of the three HRA men who stood bravely to oppose the forces of heresy, they set out at once during the midday to avoid the main force of cultists…. After decisively slaughtering the forces within the camp, the HRA men stood together in arms to fight the proclaimed prophet and savior against the Inferi race. With one clean cleave, Ruben Var Ruthern’s Great Axe detached a head from the ‘god’s’ body-.... ~SUDDENLY~ without warning, the masked prophet’s Great axe flew toward Fyodor Erdhart violently, though the surprise advantage he had  gained would be short lived as with another blow, Astoro Jovanovsk ‘maimed the man’s skull so badly that it could almost no longer be distinguished by people’. Upon the 7ft behemoth’s fall, the distant sounds of the returning patrols could be heard nearing the camp. This alarmed the HRA men as they made a hasty escape, making sure to take the “Prophet’s”, Great axe with them. Returning to the Drifter would leave him somewhat happy as for some reason at the end of their little talk, and revealing the name of the false prophet, he gave the men a troubled expression hastily looking to escape them.

The Drifter looked at the men, letting out a slight chuckle as he drug the satchel of Minas from the counter into the barrel below it. "Ser Ricardo Guthric, huh...." He let out a small forced chuckle as he returned his gaze to the men before continuing "That's a story for another day assuming you lot come back for more my young hunters..." the Drifter then let out a somewhat happy chuckle before his happiness would quickly fade into a troubling expression. "We have another storm approaching my friends..." he let out in a troubled manner before hastily grabbing the pipe from the counter and turning back to the wagon's entrance. "Well, you lot have certainly earned yourselves a nice carrion in the tavern -and a good night's rest- why do you hurry along and get to it my friends." the drifter spoke as he swiftly entered his wagon to ‘escape’ the HRA men.

-The Aftermath-

Once the smoke filled battle field had drawn to an end, the head of the mask used lied next to the fraud, limp on the ground. The slow marching of the patrols would turn into a hasty sprint as they saw their ‘prophet’s ‘ fortress ablaze. They immediately dropped the freshly cooked corpses of humans, rushing toward their home to put the flames out. After the massive panic, the followers scanned the camp whilst desperately calling for their ‘god’s ‘ name. Hours of searching left them only to see the Goliath’s corpse that lay on the ground, unknowing of who it had been as they also would notice the Cyclop’s head laying next to the man on the ground. Minutes, that would feel like hours to the men and women, passed. Some started crazily laughing...others balled on the ground. Some even started ripping their mask’s off of their charred faces and killing themselves. Hours had passed within the empty shell of the once lively cult’s fortress as all of the men, women, and children that followed the false prophet ended up dead inside of the camp....all of them meeting their fate by the same cause. A simple slit to their wrist. Another noticeable sight from the corpses that laid deceased on the ground, would be that all of the masks layed ripped off and thrown around randomly in the charred camp. This would reveal the crispy scorched visages that they left behind for whatever their afterlife had to offer.

7bxPxeuzxKWrVGFKG-TjOc5ZiLnCcGOp28NP7K0ja20TIrvUofirT8I0CGe5BfucDEK-xqde_fnwT8j2loii95bArTM6xozM2DA805W1LVVdrLZ-fyvLHZnWVVF4U96mrbChLFnP

~Epilogue + Prelude~

Letting out a single relieved sigh, and nothing more, the drifter closely eyed the HRA men that had just completed the bounty leave the sight from the small fence like crack in The man’s wagon. Taking a step back, and sitting into the wooden chair that sat within the wagon whilst taking a moment to think.

“Ser Ricardo Guthric…I know I’ve heard his name before. But where?” the Drifter let out a little silent murmur, continuing to try to think back to his ties to this man. His eyes widened from behind his hood once he had realized who this mysterious figure was. Ser Ricardo, to his memory, was a man who had once been one of his hunters that he had hired to go out alone on a simple scouting bounty. This bounty was to scout out the cave that started it all. Though the Drifter found himself asking, why would Ricardo have become insane enough to start a cult and eat his own kind? Sadly, he never did find the answer to this question as any ties to the cult had seemingly been cut. The Drifter decided that a good night’s rest was exactly what he needed, as he drifted off into a deep sleep. The Drifter had seemingly slept through something big as there was a lot of noise, he assumned to be Haense’s city life, that noisily rung throughout Haense. Eventually the Drifter awoke on the uncomfortable wooden chair due to a coughing fit. Once he gathered himself, stretching a bit first, the Drifter wiped a small amount of blood from the side of his mouth as he took a step out of his wagon to make breakfast at his campfire. Though as he reached the camp fire, the first thing he had noticed was that the cans stacked against the walls of Haense that were filled to the brim, each containing black paint, seemingly were missing from their regular location. Looking at the wagon, the Drifter saw the fabled icon of what plagued his childhood painted onto the wagon. Further glances would show that the painting of an eagle would be painted multiple times all over the wagon’s base and the barrels that lied next to it.

~Note To Attendees of This Event Line~

Yo, I included this little note for anyone who was able to make it to any of these events. Anyways, I wanted to say man was this a fun event line to host and I hope it left you a little something that will stick with you for the rest of the time you're on LOTC (A good memory hopefully, lol). But I am pumped and excited to see what the future holds with this wagon that started out pretty small. I am so happy to have this forum post go out, because it marks the completion of my first event line… I have one small request of those who attended one of [The Cult Of One Eye] events, and that is feedback (if you wanna give any). I want to keep these events going even into the next map! So any feedback helps especially because I don’t want to fall into the same pitfalls during future events. Thanks again to everyone who was a part of this event line!

PS, we have a Bounty Dealer discord for this stuff if this made you interested The Link To Join The Discord 

Edited by Zachary725