Connection Issue, possibly server side?

Samoblivion

First time on the server for a couple of years, tried to log in and keep getting kicked with this message:

Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Before this happens I can either move around but only in a small area with nothing else loading in, unable to type, or I simply float in the air. In either case it disconnects me after about ten seconds. VERY occasionally I can get in and everything works fine, until I log out again. Then when I log back in, it’s the same as before. There doesn’t seem to be any reason for it working or not. This is only occuring with LotC, I can log into other servers just fine.

I’ve gone through about ten different articles and videos about how to resolve this, including reinstalling minecraft and java and adding various exceptions into my firewall. Nothing’s working. One of the videos mentioned that if I can connect to other servers it means there’s an issue with the server itself and not anything on my end. Someone mentioned that another person’s being having this issue as well, same exact circumstances.

Has anyone else run into this? Can any technical staff explain it?

I’ve found a slight solution for it. I’ve noticed that about 1/10 times I try to connect things go well. I’ve reliably managed to log in after logging in and out several times. Not ideal, but after about five minutes of trying I can usually log in.

It’s been a while since you posted this, but do you have any details on your system config you could share? I’m having the same issue, and have documented a 12 second period where interaction is possible, followed by 18 seconds of inability to interact with anything, and then the error message. I have yet to have the connection stay, however.