Fireside 2.0

Telanir

IQjHl1AmfI6ZdWkSqIuRRBUvpSyJDU2djKDYI9aR

Hello!

Earlier this year, we tried opening communication with Firesides—attempting “full” transparency. We discussed staff applications, the Wiki Team, Road To 500, fast travel, and more. This time, the #admin-den walls did not shelter these conversations—they laid bare on the forums for any registered user.

| Firesides are discussions that involve administrative matters with a twist—they move administrative decision-making from private channels to ones you can access. Sure, you won’t find us discussing sensitive reports, bans, or peanuts here—but we will pass significant change through Fireside first. Fireside keeps you informed, provides opportunities for critique & suggestion, and holds your administration accountable.

Expressing ourselves candidly and sustaining a smooth discussion was hard though. We still felt inclined to put up an ‘executive’ front; it was a bit stiff and not as effortless as we’d hoped. In the long run, the forums deliver announcements & archive content in a way Discord never can—but Discord is made for the free-flowing & genuine brainstorming that occurs behind the scenes.

Join Fireside

We still want this—we want thorough transparency. This time we will try it on the LotC Discord, and again, open it for anybody who’s interested. We’ve created a category called “Fireside” which has the admin discussion channels (if you opt-in you can see it).

! | Pick up the Fireside role from #role-request.

You can witness live conversations, react to messages to share your thoughts (respectfully), and provide feedback of your own in #lobby.

If you’d like to check out our post on the last iteration of Fireside, please visit this forum thread.

I call this one, the campfire song song
Let's gather 'round the campfire, and sing our campfire song
Our C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G song
And if you don't think that we can sing it faster then you're wrong
But it'll help if you just sing along
Bum, bum, buuum

C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G song
And if you don't think that we can sing it faster then you're wrong
But it'll help if you just sing along

BasketWeaver!
Song C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E

Muffins!
Good!

It'll help, it'll help
If you just sing along
Aww, yeah

Can we add Story decisions transparency to this :0

(no kidding, this is an actual question I have)

5 hours ago, chaosgamer_ said:

Can we add Story decisions transparency to this :0

(no kidding, this is an actual question I have)

Honestly man, yeah, this is pretty ******* good