Sign in to follow this  
Noobli

From the Desk of the High Prophet : 5th : Progress

From the Desk of the High Prophet

~ 5th Edition : 1st of Malin’s Welcome, 1788 ~

On the 12th of the Grand Harvest, the clerics and priests of da Kirkja Dverga gathered in the hallowed hall of Kel’Evraal’s temple, and met to discuss many important matters. From my desk do I relate to the sons and daughters of Urguan the decisions reached, and what is the will of the seven sacred hosts of Khaz’A’Dentrumm as interpreted by da Kirkja Dverga, as well as a religious view on recent events.

Hogarth Irongut

Hogarth Irongut had walked the very same halls of the progenitors of the clans, and spread the wisdom and love earned there across the continents. An ancient dwed born in late Aegis, he has spent centuries in service to his people across several positions. At a younger age, he served politically, acting as Lord Regent thrice, bringing order to chaotic times in the dwarves. Once did he sit upon the hallowed Obsidian Throne himself, leading a successful and modest reign. With a longer beard did he turn to the faith, and led da Kirkja Dverga in its most successful age to date, grand shrines being forged for each host of Khaz’A’Dentrumm, beardlings flocking to join ranks of the clergy. For his unaging passion across centuries for the dwedmar and Brathmordakin, Hogarth Irongut is recognized as The Prophet, Paragon of Belka.

Expulsion

Bodmer Goldhand is hereby expelled from the clergy for demonstrating a shameful lack of honorable character. Bodmer committed perjury in an attempt to slander myself and the High Courts. This pathetic mockery of a scheme is not only an action of great dishonor, but is an atrocity to Grimdugan in how poorly it was executed. 

Clergy Reforms of 1785

Further elaborating upon the reforms held early in my administration as High Preceptor, these reforms will help organize da Kirkja Dverga into a more perfect method of spreading the faith of the Brathmordakin to others, with a structure that greater prioritizes wisdom and experience. Along with these reforms, Brynaelda Grandaxe has been appointed Prelate of Belka, Falk Irongut has been appointed Prelate of Ogradhad, and Dakkon Grimgold has been appointed Prelate of Dungrimm. With the enaction of these reforms, I do now take the traditional title of High Prophet, and shall Kazrin Starbreaker be promoted to Prophet alongside me.

[Link]

Anbella’s Bounty

Upon traveling the mountain path, dwarves reported a strange sighting. A Tree larger than September, towering into the sky had sprouted from the ground with no warning or signs beforehand, spurring a kingdom wide confusion as to its nature. Was it a taunt from corrupt druids? An ill omen? Clergy officials at the scene agreed it was a blessing, and under leadership of the Grand King the tree was harvested to a stump. The gift from Anbella shall be used to fuel the inferi war effort, and has been interpreted as a sign of favor of the Brathmordakin for the expanded dwed effort in the fight against inferi.

Justice

The inferi invasion is the greatest existing threat to Yemekar’s Design, which as Sons and Daughters of Urguan we have been charged to protect. It must, therefore, be on every dwed’s mind how he may best honor the Brathmordakin in combat against the unholy hosts of Khorvad. Despite this, some dwedmar, if they may be called that, have decided to reject their duty and instead profess loyalties to the inferi. Make no mistake, there is no greater atrocity one could make against Khaz’A’Dentrumm. This will not do. Da Kirkja Dverga shall take a strong stance against those corrupted cultists of power. Mercy will be offered, however reject the seven hallowed hosts of the Brathmordakin, deny your own wrongdoing in arrogance, and justice shall be enacted.

Recently, Githaic Goldhand has been discovered to have been consorting with the demonfolk, and had denied a chance to confess earlier that very day. If spotted, do not attempt to kill him as he will instead be captured and interrogated. Those who do not turn him in will be suspected of conspiracy, and there will be harsh punishment for harboring a known traitor. 

Turn yourself in, Githaic, and there may be some mercy yet in supreme oaths to the Brathmordakin. Dungrimm wills it.

QSOdWTrIfhVgQ3cCBtyePpTGrrCf8JJsntYvzedRz4D7Vtoox4E3AKX_AfWG6TCU1R2KeyjlWytMXdlijbeopp8qga9fhSgJcevp2HolHk0kd9JrBeHF9rvZr5QpubeRxUa_B_si

DA KIRKJA DVERGA

~ ᛞᚨ ᚴᛁᚱᚴᛃᚨ ᛞᚡᛖᚱᚷᚨ ~

Thorin Treebeard reads the news from the desk of the high prophet and smiles proudly ”Ye’ve come far from t’ose first lessons in the Bearded Lady, and A’m sure ye’ll take t’e Kirja Dverga very far” 

Uldarek Goldhand would respond to the letterDa name ov Goldhand, does belong nae longer tu da traitor Git’aec, as ‘e s’all be known frum now on as Git’aec da Foo’. ‘is actiuns betrayed da entire dwarfdom ‘nd defied da Brathmordakin. Fo’ suc’ crimes, ‘e ‘ad ‘is elders’ip en da kazamar removed alongsoide ‘is clanmemba’sip. Da traitor was naew’ere tu be found, t’erefore we could nae retrieve da coin used en ‘is blood oat’.” 

A dwarf scoffs at the news regarding the reformations within the Clergy “A shame that a mortal dwed claims tae title ‘o prophet. Somethin’ that shoold ‘ave been left in tae past. Who is to question a prophet’s authority an’ decisions now? Soon, instead ‘o mere interpretations, ‘eresy will become law.”

High Chief Karl Blackroot shakes his head “dwed civilization and religion ‘av evolved ovah tha centuries. One ef tha things we as a race learned es tha no one ‘olds tha ultimate truth apart frem Yemekar. Tha seers wer acused ef heresy when we said we interpret tha world to try tu derive a possible meaning and henceh theorise on tha will ef tha gods er tha future, and no tha clergy does thes? Hefrumm an tha seers will need tu discuss these recent events and see whot tu make ef et.”

WYlcUh-nlEcb9oBqut9K6xjd6WtCMDDUNN9wTGeXkMPpq4gkjiND4VeNn9-3ruzy8eGCz6rbia3uf_-KVpoimkM4I0s_eNwnCJfgrOC-xmc4CimsMJlxPMEw39YAnjOHwahmHhxr

”Through this creed we find enlightenment”. 

Former High Preceptor Baldin ‘Ironside’ frowns ”As mi choice as my successor a’ thought ef ye as mi own kin and disciple...a’ am so disapointed...’a ‘ave failed tha Kirkja Dverga, yer trainin wes net complete...a’ shouldnt ef supported yer ambitions.”

QSOdWTrIfhVgQ3cCBtyePpTGrrCf8JJsntYvzedRz4D7Vtoox4E3AKX_AfWG6TCU1R2KeyjlWytMXdlijbeopp8qga9fhSgJcevp2HolHk0kd9JrBeHF9rvZr5QpubeRxUa_B_si

RESPONSE OF THE HIGH PROPHET

Let it be made abundantly clear the stance of da Kirkja Dverga regarding the issue of titles and vocabulary; the title of High Prophet is that of a traditional variety. I do not and never shall claim to know the direct will of the Brathmordakin, no singular dwed has held such authority since the ancient realms. The titles of High Prophet and Prophet are only to allude to the original structure of da Kirkja Dverga, a symbolic gesture in response to the prosperity and growth we have seen in da Kirkja Dverga as of late.

I do find it ironic, however, that the High Chief who completely independently declared himself a Seer, a previously unused title, and created a religious order with no traditional backing would find it so contentious that an ancient organization would in times of prosperity return to a traditional title to herald its success. Legally speaking, I would hope that Karl does not enforce the ruling that the Folk of Hefrumm do not recognize the title, as such would do nothing but limit the freedom of our own folk.

And, regarding the first quote that Karl so abruptly cuts off in his address, allow me to give readers a full context since he seems to not want to:

“From my desk do I relate to the sons and daughters of Urguan the decisions reached, and what is the will of the seven sacred hosts of Khaz’A’Dentrumm as interpreted by da Kirkja Dverga, as well as a religious view on recent events.”

May I reiterate, the decisions listed in the letter are interpretation, not a vision which we were bestowed with and decisions directly held in communion with the Brathmordakin. Vocabulary such as “direct communion” and “blessed chosen ones [of Anbella]” instead belong in letters from the Seers.

Narvak oz Brathmordakin.

DA KIRKJA DVERGA

~ ᛞᚨ ᚴᛁᚱᚴᛃᚨ ᛞᚡᛖᚱᚷᚨ ~