Server Rule Rewrite

Anore

Hello!

It has been a long time coming, one might say too long, but the server rule rewrite has finally been completed. This rewrite has encompassed everything from the standard Player Rules to Conflict and Raid Rules. In addition to this, we will be moving the server rules over to its Own Page, where it can be more organized and changes in the rules can be tracked by subscribing to the page for notifications. We will continue to be using a forum post to detail additional changes and the rational behind those changes. So as of today, this thread is officially killed to move to a more organized format.

Additional note on a particular section players have been a little more interested in is Raid Rules:

Raid Cap Increases

Starting today, we will be running some trials on various maximum raid sizes, if you review the Raid Rules from the link above, you will see that raid sizes are capped based on the target of the raid, from Lairs/Settlements/Nations. The trial will run like this:

Week 1 (Oct 3-0): 3 player Max for Lairs/4 for Settlements/5 for Nations

Week 2 (Oct 10-16): 3/5/7

Week 3 (Oct 17-23): 3/6/9

Following 3 weeks after release, it will roll back to 3/5/7, then we have a meeting before raids begin next map to decide on raid caps. A community vote will be conducted, with polling of both sides of the votes. If no consensus can be reached they remain at 3/5/7.

first

1 minute ago, erik0821 said:

first

no

Only took nine months 😔

Time for all the PvP folks to waste their iron before the map ends and they can’t use it anymore!

If anybody wants to use my cruddy editing skills to make a frag video, just send me the clips on discord I’ll see what I can do.

Love the work that’s been done, genuinely. It took a while, but I’m happy it’s finally done.

One complaint though; can we please amend this. It really should not be a legitimate option to engage in intercourse a cat or monkey just because they walk on two legs. 

Screen_Shot_2020-10-02_at_9.39.23_PM.png 

2 minutes ago, Sorcerio said:

Love the work that’s been done, genuinely. It took a while, but I’m happy it’s finally done.

One complaint though; can we please amend this. It really should not be a legitimate option to engage in intercourse a cat or monkey just because they walk on two legs. 

Isn’t that why story team makes lore reasons as to why they cant?

1 hour ago, Anore said:

Isn’t that why story team makes lore reasons as to why they cant?

Sure, we can go through every single piece of creature lore and explicitly outline that they cannot engage in intercourse with descendants, but what goal do you think this would serve if the server’s core rules permit a standard that requires us to state this in the first place? This phrase singlehandedly permits a myriad of incredibly severe encounters that should not be reasonably accepted by any sense of morality or logic, and rightly so.

It should go without saying that a Hou-Zi cannot FTB with descendants due to the fact that they are physically evolved from monkeys, or that an Ologies cannot engage in intercourse since they possess the mind of a literal toddler. Both from a lore and OOC standpoint, any sexual engagement between just about any CA creature and a descendant should be disallowed, not merely because of things like Kha or Hou, but also beings like Gravens or Darkstalkers that could legitimately tiptoe around necrophilia rules by means of this vague and subjective line. 

I’m not saying that romance RP between character couples of a CA creature and a descendant should be totally disallowed, but engaging romance roleplay can still be achieved without the need for sexual interaction between the two. Players who are legitimately and tastefully engaging in this branch of narrative would suffer no consequence and would continue to thrive. If someone is instead deterred by the inability to indulge in these explicit circumstances as opposed to a unique and engaging roleplay scenario, then frankly should not be roleplaying on this server – though that is more so my own opinion.

That being said, know that I harbor no ill-will or prejudice towards any groups or communities in or outside LOTC. People are free to do as they will beyond these screens and keyboards, but bear in mind that this server is designed for a wide range of audiences and ages, including the youth. We pride ourselves in being a PG-13 server that welcomes roleplayers of all ages and experience levels, offering a unique and captivating experience for ll sorts of players. But can we really continue to maintain this sense of modesty if we’ve established a precedent wherein each lore piece must now state whether or not the creature may engage in these unsettling activities? 

All I ask is that you consider what I’ve said and perhaps revisit this single line, nothing more. I will not argue/respond further as I do not wish to derail this post, nor discredit the wonderful work the moderation team has done with these amendments. Should you wish to discuss this any more, I’m always available to speak through discord or even a forum PM.

Thank you for listening to what I have to say, and have a good night.

2 minutes ago, Sorcerio said:

Sure, we can go through every single piece of creature lore and explicitly outline that they cannot engage in intercourse with descendants, but what goal do you think this would serve if the server’s core rules permit a standard that requires us to state this in the first place? This phrase singlehandedly permits a myriad of incredibly severe encounters that should not be reasonably accepted by any sense of morality or logic, and rightly so.

It should go without saying that a Hou-Zi cannot FTB with descendants due to the fact that they are physically evolved from monkeys, or that an Ologies cannot engage in intercourse since they possess the mind of a literal toddler. Both from a lore and OOC standpoint, any sexual engagement between just about any CA creature and a descendant should be disallowed, not merely because of things like Kha or Hou, but also beings like Gravens or Darkstalkers that could legitimately tiptoe around necrophilia rules by means of this vague and subjective line. 

I’m not saying that romance RP between character couples of a CA creature and a descendant should be totally disallowed, but engaging romance roleplay can still be achieved without the need for sexual interaction between the two. Players who are legitimately and tastefully engaging in this branch of narrative would suffer no consequence and would continue to thrive. If someone is instead deterred by the inability to indulge in these explicit circumstances as opposed to a unique and engaging roleplay scenario, then frankly should not be roleplaying on this server – though that is more so my own opinion.

That being said, know that I harbor no ill-will or prejudice towards any groups or communities in or outside LOTC. People are free to do as they will beyond these screens and keyboards, but bear in mind that this server is designed for a wide range of audiences and ages, including the youth. We pride ourselves in being a PG-13 server that welcomes roleplayers of all ages and experience levels, offering a unique and captivating experience for ll sorts of players. But can we really continue to maintain this sense of modesty if we’ve established a precedent where each lore must now state whether or not they may engage in these unsettling activities? 

All I ask is that you consider what I’ve said and revisit this single line, nothing more. I will not argue/respond further as I do not wish to derail this post nor discredit the wonderful work the moderation team has done with these amendments. Should you wish to discuss this any more, I’m always available to speak through discord or even a forum PM.

Tldr “Stop wanting to **** things that shouldn’t be fucked”

Feedback WIN! — This Admin heard that his players disliked 1.9 weapons so rewrote the rules so they'll never be used.

13 hours ago, TheIchorDruid said:

Only took nine months 😔

You and I both know it took longer... This is all from the third attempt that we started in February. Or do we not mention the first attempted done last November then the second in December/January?

Good to finally see this done, shame it took so long since so much of this was approved and ready back in Spring/Summer. But least it’s all done and all well flowing for 8.0.

Best of luck Mod team! 

5 hours ago, Sorcerio said:

That being said, know that I harbor no ill-will or prejudice towards any groups or communities in or outside LOTC. People are free to do as they will beyond these screens and keyboards, but bear in mind that this server is designed for a wide range of audiences and ages, including the youth. We pride ourselves in being a PG-13 server that welcomes roleplayers of all ages and experience levels, offering a unique and captivating experience for ll sorts of players. But can we really continue to maintain this sense of modesty if we’ve established a precedent wherein each lore piece must now state whether or not the creature may engage in these unsettling activities? 

All I ask is that you consider what I’ve said and perhaps revisit this single line, nothing more. I will not argue/respond further as I do not wish to derail this post, nor discredit the wonderful work the moderation team has done with these amendments. Should you wish to discuss this any more, I’m always available to speak through discord or even a forum PM.

Completely agreed. LoTC ain’t the place for your kinks people, y’all need to relax!

17 hours ago, Sorcerio said:

I don’t think I would consider a bipedal cat “humanoid” but maybe that says more about me than the state of this server I guess

while I wonder what part of this took over a year to complete, it’s cool that there are rules for stealing from locked chests and the flexible raid cap is nice