Server Rule Rewrite

Anore

On 10/3/2020 at 12:04 AM, Sorcerio said:

Sure, we can go through every single piece of creature lore and explicitly outline that they cannot engage in intercourse with descendants, but what goal do you think this would serve if the server’s core rules permit a standard that requires us to state this in the first place? This phrase singlehandedly permits a myriad of incredibly severe encounters that should not be reasonably accepted by any sense of morality or logic, and rightly so.

It should go without saying that a Hou-Zi cannot FTB with descendants due to the fact that they are physically evolved from monkeys, or that an Ologies cannot engage in intercourse since they possess the mind of a literal toddler. Both from a lore and OOC standpoint, any sexual engagement between just about any CA creature and a descendant should be disallowed, not merely because of things like Kha or Hou, but also beings like Gravens or Darkstalkers that could legitimately tiptoe around necrophilia rules by means of this vague and subjective line. 

I’m not saying that romance RP between character couples of a CA creature and a descendant should be totally disallowed, but engaging romance roleplay can still be achieved without the need for sexual interaction between the two. Players who are legitimately and tastefully engaging in this branch of narrative would suffer no consequence and would continue to thrive. If someone is instead deterred by the inability to indulge in these explicit circumstances as opposed to a unique and engaging roleplay scenario, then frankly should not be roleplaying on this server – though that is more so my own opinion.

That being said, know that I harbor no ill-will or prejudice towards any groups or communities in or outside LOTC. People are free to do as they will beyond these screens and keyboards, but bear in mind that this server is designed for a wide range of audiences and ages, including the youth. We pride ourselves in being a PG-13 server that welcomes roleplayers of all ages and experience levels, offering a unique and captivating experience for ll sorts of players. But can we really continue to maintain this sense of modesty if we’ve established a precedent wherein each lore piece must now state whether or not the creature may engage in these unsettling activities? 

All I ask is that you consider what I’ve said and perhaps revisit this single line, nothing more. I will not argue/respond further as I do not wish to derail this post, nor discredit the wonderful work the moderation team has done with these amendments. Should you wish to discuss this any more, I’m always available to speak through discord or even a forum PM.

Thank you for listening to what I have to say, and have a good night.

Seriously how hard is it to just not bang kha or spooky creatures? Why is this a conversation that has to be had?

Edited by InkGolem3k
censorship

22 hours ago, I'm an idiot said:

I don’t think I would consider a bipedal cat “humanoid” but maybe that says more about me than the state of this server I guess

while I wonder what part of this took over a year to complete, it’s cool that there are rules for stealing from locked chests and the flexible raid cap is nice

anthropomorphic then 

Thank ******* god, I startedt this of december of last year with oliver and Anore. Im so happy it finally went through knowing that war and conflct rules were what was holding everyone back. Im coming for you human rper set your ages and Races right!!!