The Ascension to the Cloth - Recruitment Page

Iudaes

THE ASCENSION TO THE CLOTH
Recruitment of a New Generation of Priests

xZNY1t92XTaKNxkRqCaDCXp7hYJXZRqL8T8LJv4LUYxyldlQ4GlxIfX0X-6J6tVLf32aCIjkm5Ri3IVR4hn6hw1l45NZba77NWrCnhK8fT00VhzH0SdNSi9_RERmO2LEMSJo3qf_

4Sua6BfObcNZMaC8Z22sBDfE6nLoJ2J5cWINU-heUCp8-ZUIMZa9ncVR7ETaYZx0DpZaJjlMnPyrCufmbyLm5-MjszdgtMoRTDRqbvuisIj7Z4CduEhRtxXbp5Z6w-AibjIgjgjQ

With the Permit of the High Pontiff
His Holiness James II

Kzq9y5gnpvcbh3rqcaSXE40bIHjWs69rhbOTUqHaLGlRgsHlcLGsg4XOJkAhW4aET8ylJxkKy4ZU7qjmIYUxGo7MrnTed7933gRUjuSsHiIajO4f4Eazioup3DRhl3R9MlGExJZG

Overseen by
Prelate Manfried
Cardinal St. Julia

xZNY1t92XTaKNxkRqCaDCXp7hYJXZRqL8T8LJv4LUYxyldlQ4GlxIfX0X-6J6tVLf32aCIjkm5Ri3IVR4hn6hw1l45NZba77NWrCnhK8fT00VhzH0SdNSi9_RERmO2LEMSJo3qf_

You find yourself enveloped in serene silence as you enter the Basilica of the Final Revelation, the home of the Prelate for the Priesthood. To your surprise, despite the silence, a few parishioners dot the rows of pews, their knees upon the ground and their elbows raised high above the back of the pew before them in prayer. And too, at the altar kneels an aging Priest, joining in prayer along with the laymen behind him. The silence is broken as your footsteps echo throughout the pristine halls of the Basilica, to which the parishioners do not bat an eye, besides the small child who kneels next to his mother, looking to you in some desperate search to end his boredom.

As you approach the Father at the altar, he turns at your footsteps, a small smile befalling his once solemn visage as he looks you up and down before rising and moving to receive you. With open arms, a  “Brother.” escapes his lips before his hands fall to his sides and a nod is offered. You soon explain to him your wish to join the Priesthood, to which his smile merely brightens with each word. He dips his head once more and with a gesture, he leads you quietly up to the higher levels of the Basilica, to which the distracted child’s gaze merely follows as you depart.

Once you sit, you entertain a small conversation with the Priest, one of which great enthusiasm on the part of the ordained man is spoken of in regards to the clergy before he takes up pen and paper and begins to ask you a few questions.

“Very well, brother. We shall begin quite simply. What is your name?”
{Answer}

“And your age?”
{Answer}

“I know it may be clear, heh, but it is for the sake of records. What race of the descendants are you of?”
{Answer}

“You are able to read and write, yes?”
{Answer}

“And with that, are you at all familiar with the Holy Scrolls and Catechism of our Church?”
{Answer}

“You are of course baptized?”
{Answer} 

“Good, good. Are you married? Do you have children?”
{Answer}

“In what way of the clergy do you wish to serve? As a Priest, a Monastic?”
{Answer}

“While this may not be accepted by the Prelate, depending on the needs of the Church, in what Diocese would you prefer to serve in? You can simply name a city or Kingdom.”

{Answer}

“A rather personal question, why have you chosen to walk this path in God?”
{Answer}

“And at last, are you truly devoted to this way of life? Prepared to take any vows involved with ordination and commit oneself to this lifetime bond with the Lord Almighty?”
{Answer}

“Wonderful, then that should be all.” he says as he gestures you out of the office with a smile, “This shall be brought to His Eminence, Manfried. You shall hear word of your acceptance and placement soon enough.” he nods before saying finally, “God bless you.” as you walk out and say so in return.

And with that, you depart from the Basilica, awaiting the letter from the Prelate which states your acceptance and diocean assignment. A letter that shall change your life for what you believe will be the  better.

Spoiler

-OOC-

I should be checking this forum page everyday or every few days however if I don’t get back to you in a timely manner, please do not hesitate to contact me at _GoldWolf_#9851 on discord. I would be happy to answer any questions or have your application brought to my attention through DMs. Thanks for applying!

Credit to @Froschli for the format.

Edited by GoldWolf

Alfred Cardinal Jorenus smiles proudly while reading the missive in his office. He then recalls his own history within joining the servants of GOD. His smile grows tenfold with a nod of approval following.

Very well, brother. We shall begin quite simply. What is your name?”
J. Joachim d’Arkent

“And your age?”
Around twenty-five

“I know it may be clear, heh, but it is for the sake of records. What race of the descendants are you of?”
Human

Yes

“And with that, are you at all familiar with the Holy Scrolls and Catechism of our Church?”
Yes

Yes

No and No

Priest

“While this may not be accepted by the Prelate, depending on the needs of the Church, in what Diocese would you prefer to serve in? You can simply name a city or Kingdom.”
Helena

I have felt His presence since my youth, and now I have found it fit to follow this vocation.

“And at last, are you truly devoted to this way of life? Prepared to take any vows involved with ordination and commit oneself to this lifetime bond with the Lord Almighty?”
Yes

“Wonderful, then that should be all.” he says as he gestures you out of the office with a smile, “This shall be brought to His Eminence, Manfried. You shall hear word of your acceptance and placement soon enough.” he nods before saying finally, “God bless you.” as you walk out and say so in return.

4 hours ago, yopplwasupxxx said:

Very well, brother. We shall begin quite simply. What is your name?”
J. Joachim d’Arkent

“And your age?”
Around twenty-five

Human

Yes

“And with that, are you at all familiar with the Holy Scrolls and Catechism of our Church?”
Yes

Yes

No and No

Priest

Helena

I have felt His presence since my youth, and now I have found it fit to follow this vocation.

Yes

“Wonderful, then that should be all.” he says as he gestures you out of the office with a smile, “This shall be brought to His Eminence, Manfried. You shall hear word of your acceptance and placement soon enough.” he nods before saying finally, “God bless you.” as you walk out and say so in return.

Accepted. I’ll contact you through discord.

Valdemar Boritsky

“And your age?”

Human

Yes

“And with that, are you at all familiar with the Holy Scrolls and Catechism of our Church?”
Yes

Yes

No

As a Priest

The Kingdom of Haense

I feel that Godani has called me to serve the Church and the people around me.

Yes

Edwin Baruch

“And your age?”

Human

Yes

I am

Yes, I am 

No, to both.

Priest

The Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska

As I pondered my place in this world, a mere cousin to Lord Baruch, I found myself praying in the city of Reza. As the sounds of the streets faded away I heard Him call to me, to follow his path and bring back the way of GOD in our great nations.

I am prepared

“Wonderful, then that should be all.” he says as he gestures you out of the office with a smile, “This shall be brought to His Eminence, Manfried. You shall hear word of your acceptance and placement soon enough.” he nods before saying finally, “God bless you.” as you walk out and say so in return.

1 hour ago, Drew2_dude said:

Valdemar Boritsky

“And your age?”

Human

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

As a Priest

The Kingdom of Haense

I feel that Godani has called me to serve the Church and the people around me.

Yes

You are accepted.

5 minutes ago, Scourge said:

Edwin Baruch

“And your age?”

Human

Yes

I am

Yes, I am 

No, to both.

Priest

As I pondered my place in this world, a mere cousin to Lord Baruch, I found myself praying in the city of Reza. As the sounds of the streets faded away I heard Him call to me, to follow his path and bring back the way of GOD in our great nations.

I am prepared

You are accepted.

Both of you, please contact me over discord at _GoldWolf_#9851

Ivan Barrow

“And your age?”

Highlander

Yes I can.

No.

Yes.

No.

As a Priest.

I have not been as good a canonist as I had wanted to be growing up, I wish to make amends for that.

Yes I am prepared.

Edited by ItsMrCannibal

15 hours ago, ItsMrCannibal said:

Ivan Barrow

“And your age?”

Highlander

Yes I can.

No.

Yes.

No.

As a Priest.

I have not been as good a canonist as I had wanted to be growing up, I wish to make amends for that.

Yes I am prepared.

Accepted. I’ll be in contact with you over discord in a bit.

((Specifically looking for Acolytes for the Helena Diocese, as well as any interested in Kaedrin. Archdiocese of Jorenus (Haense) is generally full so a limited number of Acolytes will be sent there. Please join!))

Edited by GoldWolfGaming

-

59 minutes ago, Nectorist said:

"Peter Reeves."

“And your age?”
"Just turned seventeen."

"Human, of course. Not a drop of anything else in me."

"I may not be the best at it, but I can well enough."

"Wouldn't be here if I wasn't. I'm no expert, but I know more than the average man."

"Yes."

"I'd hope not! I'm far too young for any of that."

"I think the priestly path suits me better."

"I wouldn't be against going wherever I'd be needed most, but the Imperial heartlands are my home."

"For years now I've had no idea who I was. I know I'm young, but my life certainly wasn't an easy one, and I had no clue what I would, or even could, do with my life. However, even in my misery, a path, no doubt laid out by God, was illuminated before me. I am resolute now; I now have a purpose in life I know I must fulfill, for it is in service to Him."

"Absolutely."

Accepted. Friend me over discord at _GoldWolf_#9851 so we can talk please. 

Martinus Crowley.

“And your age?”

Human

Aye, I was taught by the Priests in the Diocese of Helena.

Aye.

Of course...

Nay, I am not married and I do not plan on having children, my life is dedicated to the Lord and those are mere distractions from the Lord's plan for me.

A Priest.

In the Holy Orenian Empire... Preferably Helena or Haense.

I have chosen this path as the Lord has always guided me through times of strife, the Priesthood has made me who I am and I shall dedicate my life to this cause. I hope to help lost souls and use the Scrolls to guide them to a better life, a holy life.

Aye, I am prepared for anything.

6 hours ago, Aquila said:

Martinus Crowley.

“And your age?”

Human

Aye, I was taught by the Priests in the Diocese of Helena.

Aye.

Of course...

Nay, I am not married and I do not plan on having children, my life is dedicated to the Lord and those are mere distractions from the Lord's plan for me.

A Priest.

In the Holy Orenian Empire... Preferably Helena or Haense.

I have chosen this path as the Lord has always guided me through times of strife, the Priesthood has made me who I am and I shall dedicate my life to this cause. I hope to help lost souls and use the Scrolls to guide them to a better life, a holy life.

Aye, I am prepared for anything.

Accepted and assigned to the Helena Diocese.

Ademar Castelo

“And your age?”

I am human.

Yes, I am.

Indeed.

Yes, of course.

I am married with children, although, my wife I have not seen in many a year.

A Monastic.

Oren preferably.

I have chosen to walk this path since I just recently retired from the Palatine Guard Order of All-Saints, now being Grandmaster emeritus. Now I remain an advisor to the Knight-Regent, however I also seek to become a man of cloth and humble myself before GOD. Thus, I chose this path, the path of the Monk.

I am.