Uhhhhhh so I'm banned? lmfao

TheTri

So as most of you already know a few weeks ago I got banned for three months and staff blacklisted (presumably permanently? Idk i didn’t get a timeframe), and since the admin vote resulted in the refusal to lift my ban I figured I’d make a forum post because I feel that I’m rightfully upset. I always found myself to be an active and generally constructive member of this community, and was banned for something that is so minor and inconsequential that I feel like I’m literally just being used as an example to set a precedent for the new mod manager. It’s like I was the unlucky one caught in the crossfire and got stupidly fucked over. Don’t worry about having a lot of reading to do in terms of my explanation for my ban, it’s pretty concise and clear cut.

RpAiyiHW8dzaArDBZ7zmL8O5o_RWLbmymOlt54lZNMFb6MIDkZs61N2C_TJYFoJZTPkJswtE7Q6FyO4YklWg91DAbiA1vXuyKSNQFTLOlZWHmLddLhTaFGFZYX_YoAq9hI6IpRhI

ie8xzDcz2RIAJXXF6KK78H1SrntGHAE-rWhAvHTfZRWne6HKjcB0oh4yDYomOXy0W1KDJz8djlw36mxIh3WN_zGVx9be5lcWEPr3s3aRg-RTArpI8BJw6zsdnY0TMIMr9i2AxPXK

About 6 months ago me and two others were all running around stealing **** because we were bored at around 3 AM. Now pay close attention here, as this is our only fuckup, we warped to the druids to steal from them as opposed to running on foot. The issue here is that we accidentally warped to the druid nation in the build world rather than the actual nation (there is no warning or notice whatsoever telling you this unless you check the region). At the time that this happened, the druid’s warp to the build world was /warp druid and to get to the actual nation it was /warp nationdruid; this was also during the lagpocalypse when running places was literally torturous. Players mixed these up very often, and the warps were changed soon after the night that we all went there. Now, we eventually got into a house and entered the storage area beneath it and every chest was unlocked. Understandably, we were flipping out because these chests contained original copies of books dating back to Athera, Anthos, et cetera. We stashed as many as we could and got the **** out before we were caught and potentially lost our progress. Keep in mind, we still had NO IDEA WE WERE IN THE BUILD WORLD, which is why **** was unlocked.

About 2 months later I’m in the druid build world taking **** again, UNKNOWING THAT I’M IN THE BUILD WORLD, when something came to mind. Pretty quickly I realized that the entire tile was unlocked and I was stealing a ton of ****, so much so that I returned a good amount of it because the occurrence was so surreal and I felt like a horrible person. I spoke to ImCookiie, who was a moderator at the time, and Archipelego (who was very disappointed with me from robbing his druid fellas), and promptly realized I was in the build world like the dumbass I am. Immediately, I thought of the books we had stolen months beforehand. I brought up the situation to Zach, who was a mod and participated in the book robbery the night that it happened, and he looked into it briefly before determining that we were in fact in the build world and he promptly returned or burned every item we had stolen, thus amending our potentially-massive fuckup. All the **** I took on the second offense was burned.

Then, here I am a few months later, receiving a notification from Rift about a staff blacklist for “grossly” abusing my pex and then a ban immediately after for “Staff misconduct, Pex abuse, and Exploitation of glitches.”

What?

I made a harmless mistake and then fixed said harmless mistake when I realized I had made a fuckup, and I’m being blacklisted and banned for it? How is it a “gross” abuse of pex for me to accidentally warp to the wrong place then realize I messed up and undo everything that I did wrong. I feel like acknowledging that I screwed up and fixing my mistakes is more of a display of integrity than one that you’d consider “gross”.

Understandably I’m pissed off, and yeah: I know three months is not a horrible ban. I can deal with a three month ban with no issue. The problem is the impression it leaves on me on the server and the fact that relative to the **** that so many staff pull on a daily basis my offenses are extremely minor. The only thing I truly did wrong was warping to the druids as opposed to going on foot. Being on the ST was a staple for me playing on the server. I didn’t host any events for a while leading up to my ban, but I was still participating in a few projects that would soon be launched and it sucks to have all that taken away from me for a simple misunderstanding. Bullshit like this is why so many people are driven away from LoTC.

Some of you might also be thinking that my punishment for ‘staff misconduct’ is pertaining to having LSD in my username. However, I think others can vouch for me in the fact that I was the first one to have LSD in my username (TriLSD sounds like Try LSD and I found that username worthy), and have absolutely no correlation to the ‘LSD Gang’ that has been going around pugsying people. They literally just grabbed my idea for a username then began doing stupid ****, which was not the plan on my end and I do not condone any of this behavior. (SpleenLSD and BudgieLSD also have nothing to do with the pugsies and they changed their usernames like mine immediately after I did it because they found it funny)

I chose not to mention him too much because I’m not sure if he’d want me to, but Zach, a long time member of the community, was banned and blacklisted for stealing the books with me, then unbanned a few days after while my ban was not lifted.

But yeah, thanks for reading I guess. I know this might come across as immature, but I’m just kinda upset and feel pretty betrayed after being a stable member of this community for so long and really wanted to get a rant off my chest to the community and find out if I’m actually in the wrong and just have severely skewed logic or something because I’m genuinely questioning myself.

I have screenshots proving just about everything I said here, many of which being on the dates that I stole from the build world, but I don’t want to go through the trouble of digging them up considering I already showed them to the admins and apparently it wasn’t quite enough to prove my innocence, from their perspective (which is honestly complete bullshit). I find this especially ridiculous after the long talks I had with a few of them, in which I was apologized to for the situation, but still not unbanned???

Regardless I’m probably done with the server. The administration is embarrassing except for one or two members and I’d rather focus on myself than continue to waste time here. Thanks to all the nice members of the community that I met on the way 🙂 Maybe I’ll be back in a few months but I really hope I’ve finally moved on.

Edited by TheTri

okay

u used pex to warp to the druids’ build world, burned many of their items on the “second offense” and u were punished for it

idc if u didnt know u were on the build world or not, u still took items from the build world and burned them, so u got what was coming to u on this one lol

ntm using /warp to warp to their place with the intention to steal. Like, just warping to save time is one thing, but warping knowing ur going to steal is another lmfao

Edited by Unwillingly

how is burning items on the build world a big deal, if it was done to avoid robbing them?

@Unwillingly

Hey dude!

Welcome to Lord of the Craft! If you have any questions, you can direct it to the community team and they’ll help you settle into the server. 

Have fun, TriLSD! Hope you stick around for many years to come and develop your characters!

happens to the best of us

24 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

u used pex to warp to the druids’ build world, burned many of their items on the “second offense” and u were punished for it

idc if u didnt know u were on the build world or not, u still took items from the build world and burned them, so u got what was coming to u on this one lol

was told to throw them in lava by a mod manager. nice.

Edited by TheTri

7 hours ago, Noobli said:

how is burning items on the build world a big deal, if it was done to avoid robbing them?

@Unwillingly

where’d he say he burned the stuff to avoid robbing it? I could be missing smth but all I saw was 

8 hours ago, TheTri said:

All the **** I took on the second offense was burned.

7 hours ago, TheTri said:

alright, then I rescind the original statement ig 🤷‍♀️ misunderstood, but it still doesn’t excuse the fact that u warped in the first place

Edited by Unwillingly

Tri please learn to format, my eyes

I do not know the full scope of the situation so I can not give an informed opinion. But Taking everything said as true, I feel for you. I hate to hear somebody get punished for a mistake, that evidently did not harm anybodies experience. Either way, best of luck on whatever you decide to do!

31 minutes ago, TheTri said:

listening to a mod manager was ur first mistake

unlucky man

Back when we had warp signs, there was reminders that you cannot use warp signs to commit villainy. (Unless I’m blatantly misremembering?) 

why do you think you would be allowed to warp using your staff pex to get around this? Back when I was on community team and they explained the situations to which I can teleport to places they made sure to explicitly state that it’s never to be used in the event of a raid/any sort of villainy. This has always been the precedent. 

I’m not sure why you think making a post about it will change anything. Make your case to the Moderators or Admins who handled the case. You’re going to find very few people on the forums who care for your plight. 

In my view from what little you said your ban was justified. You misused staff pex to warp a place to commit villainy. That is enough for a removal enough on its own— and then you robbed a bunch of unlocked chests in the build world. 

You guys got so greedy that you didn’t even stop to consider the fact that nobody would have that many chests unlocked. And instead of putting the items back you guys in a panic burned many of them thinking it might somehow remove them from your logs. 

I didn’t handle the situation or witness anything there so I realistically cannot say what your punishment should have been. However, I think you need to re-examine your actions as this post minimizes the issue of what you guys committed. 

I wish you guys luck trying to sort this out.