[The Black Lunged Drifter] ~Brief Encounters Against the Unknown~

Limo_man

0lPWV1ai8lYObz0dkN7bi5KQZEbqHVGOeRzxQ0JLIIt47_gL290w8g5aNc-qep5vb7TWJ3xWSwqY7zoWk-z8YeLLJ7VtR-K2xIZKF3BjYTpamGRh8fQH9FjBjdZ5XFA6JK40qfRT

~Prologue~

Years prior to the Drifters entrance to Haense, he had been stricken ill by a malignant disease that had slowly started to take its course on the Drifter. Not a day went by that the Drifter didn’t think of when this disease might take his life. Though now that he has stationed himself in Haense, his connections and relations to people have caused him to somewhat forget of this malignant disease that has haunted him for years. It would seem now that he would be reaching close to death’s door, as hunters who traveled to the wagon would notice bloody rags that the man used  to wipe his mouth after coughing during their conversations with the man. Aside from this, Haense’s bounty dealer would seemingly have become more rushed and tense during any interactions he had with anyone. Though, it would seem he has one final “Job” he would like to take on before death can call for his name.

Days went on that the Drifter prepared to take on, what he called, the “storm that was approaching”. The Drifter put everything he had left with his time into this “war”, as he would be ready to die for his cause without a doubt. The man remembered that an old friend by the name of Hans had owed him a small favor, which had been just what the Drifter was looking for. Desperate to get moving on this final act, the Drifter wouldn’t hesitate at all to track this man down. Eventually, he would come to find that a small slums area had taken up in the Wick wood that followed the fall and end to the Cult of One Eye. These slums seemed to consist of those who had been devastated by the effects of this heinous cult that had fallen to the HRA and bounty hunters of Haense. 

At first, the Drifter made little notice of this slum area as he started to walk off. Though his stride would be pierced by the voice of someone familiar. The Drifter turned back in a haste movement, eagerly wanting to know who had spoken. Turning back left his thirst for sight would be quenched, as the Drifter would spot a ragged looking man who would be covered to the brim in dirt.  Letting out a faint smile, the Drifter started his return to the wagon as he would then wait for a willing candidate to take on his bounty to get the payment he yearned for from Hans.

More and more days passed, as the Drifter would start to become predominantly more tense and stressed out through his conversations with those who he sent out on bounties. It would seem as if the man had lost all of his patience, becoming fed up with waiting, as the bounty dealer would send a lone man by the name of Fyodor Erdhart out on his own to retrieve the payments from this man. Upon Fyodor’s return to the wagon, the Drifter’s eyes widened as he stared at Hans. After a small conversation, it became known that the Drifter had also owed this unknown slum dweller a payment. Now wishing to calm the situation, the Drifter brought Hans into the wagon for a small dialogue regarding how to settle their little predicament. 

Sitting down on the chair that sat next to the door, he looked up at Hans before sticking his pipe into his mouth. “So, what was it I owed you again?” He questioned without completely knowing as to what he had promised this peasant.

Not taking a second to think of a response, Hans shouted in anger as he scoffed at the Drifter who sat before him. “You Know Exactly What It Is I Came Here For!” Still being filled with rage, Hans would start pacing through the wagon like a caged animal as he awaited the Drifter’s response.

Letting out a small sigh, the Drifter’s posture became more tense as he then puffed a small cloud of smoke out from his mouth. “No, I don’t. Please do tell Hans.” He responded, cluelessness filling his voice whilst he tensely glared up at the man. “Also, stop pacing around like that. It’s making me nauseous.”

Looking down at the Drifter, Hans let out a small grunt before gripping the front of the man’s cloak with malicious intent. “Listen Here ‘Friend’, I Want To See My Little Girl Again And Your Gonna Help Me Or Else You Won’t Ever Get Sight OF The Thing You Hope To See Once Again Before You Die!” He’d shout in a fit of anger before releasing his hold on the Drifter’s cloak, standing up tall somewhat uncomfortable with the Drifter’s calmness.

Making small notice of Han’s attempt to intimidate him, the Drifter started to become more tense as he spoke. “Look, I said I promised to help didn’t I?” The Drifter questioned, getting up to pass by the angry man as he grabbed a bottle of Carrion from his barrel. “Want any?”

Offering a drink seemed to only make Hans more annoyed as he gritted his teeth at the Drifter before lowering his voice “We Don’t Have Time For Drinks, Get Out There And Send Those Goons Of Yours Out To Grab The Payment You Owe Me.” He responded in a harsh tone, violently grabbing the bottle of Carrion from the Drifter’s grasp.

Letting out a small forced laugh, the Drifter opened the door to the wagon. “Don’t call my hunters goons, they're much more than you’ll ever be, you ungrateful slum dweller. Now my home is open for you to stay until you receive your payment. But one more comment or remark like that will get you a spot on my hit-list without any second thought.” Now snapping, the Drifter angrily raised his voice to the man before pushing his dirty back toward the door.

Hans let out a small scoff at the Drifter as he would obviously be somewhat frightened because of the man’s raise in voice. “Fine, whatever.” Hans responded as he angrily stepped out from the warmth of the Drifter’s wagon before sitting at the small campfire that the Drifter had put together.

A loud slam could be heard echoing throughout Haense as the Drifter violently threw his door shut. 

~Brief Encounters Against the Unknown~

The early morning sun glittered over the beautiful city of Reza as the Drifter stood at the steps of his wagon to take the surroundings in the best he could. Standing afront his little wagon would grab the attention of a few travelers, passing by Haense. Though as the day went on, two brave men stepped up to take on a bounty that went by the names of Thorn and Fyodor. The Drifter glanced back at the man who had previously started to set up his small living space near the Drifter’s wagon. Looking back to the two, the Drifter started his debrief to the men who stood prepared to take on the unknown. As he had promised the slum dweller to get his little girl back to him, the Drifter knew that she had to be in one of the culist camps. 

Though the only one to hold the keys to the “livestock” cages would be Ser Ricardo Guthric himself. As the Drifter debriefed them, several light taps could be heard hastily leaving the wagon’s area.  As no one would take any notice of this, the Drifter continued his small debrief of their plan to grab the keys from the body of Ser Guthric that lied, dead in his “fortress” that had now been reduced to debris and ash and would be filled by the decomposing corpses of those who had killed themselves, and those who had lost their lives during their last stand. Finishing his little  debriefing, the Drifter would send the two out on their bounty to retrieve the key from the man’s body. 

Upon reaching the fallen fortress, it’s surroundings of thick fog, ash, and smoke would enveloped and swallow it’s presence. The two brave men chose to continue their advances on the camp, being met with a putrid smell that filled the air of rot and decomposing corpses. After taking a moment to gag, the two could spot a couple of guarding men affront the palisades of corpses that had previously been used as defenses Fyodor’s previous battle in this area.The two would choose to fire off a volley of arrows at the two as one still stood after they had fired. The surviving guard let out a loud yell of pain, as voices within the camp could be heard nearing the two. 

The fog would loom over the imminent battlefield, as indistinguishable figures approached the two men that stood firm to take the forces of the unknown on. As the ranks of men became within sight of Fyodor, they would begin a charge at them as Fyodor would brutally make quick work of the two men that had charged him with his trusty pole hammer. Though Thorn would be badly battered and injured by his opponents before stabbing one of them in the groin to force a retreat by the remaining forces. 

Thorn would narrowly survive the battle as he and the retreating forces both disappeared into the drowning fog, leaving Fyodor on his lonesome to complete their task. Though as he rummaged through the maggot infested corpse of Ser Guthric, all that would be found would be a bloody note that he brought back to the Drifter. Being somewhat annoyed, though satisfied, with Fyodor’s findings, the Drifter payed the man as he read the note aloud to Hans. 

Glancing through the note, the Drifter would read out only part of the note as something else of it offset him. “The tracks that were left behind are found where your adventure began. Keep in mind Drifter, it won’t be easy to find us as we don’t intend to be found that easily.”

As the man finished reading the note, he would hastily return into the lonely solitude of his wagon, immediately starting to try to think back to what this note could have referenced. Throughout the night, the Drifter would not sleep as he stayed up to continue to try to remind and jog his memory of what it had meant. Though, his silence and concentration of the quiet and peaceful night would be abruptly interrupted by the sounds of running and laughter outside. Annoyed by this, the Drifter left his wagon only to find pumpkins carved to look as if they were eagles stacked in front of his wagon....

I can’t understand how to format this thing, I give up ~sigh~.....
Also, if your interested in bounties like this we have a discord just for the bounty dealer! Feel Free to join us Link to Discord :p...

Edited by Zachary725

((Zach aren’t you supposed to be at school? tf?))

2 minutes ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

((Zach aren’t you supposed to be at school? tf?))

Yes, but I can just do the work later I think.....
The posts come first, lol 😛 (Ik if I don’t do them now I just will push it off until the next event anyways.)

Edited by Zachary725

Thorn is treating his wounds after he vanished into the woods after the battle. He sat alone in a cave near the sea. He rests beside the fire as he wonders when is a good time to go back to the outside world....

16045067906_474a22e748_o.jpg

Fyodor would be cleaning off his armour from the bloody battle. All that night however his mind would be elsewhere, wondering who those men at the ‘fortress’ were and what that eagle symbol he found on their bodies meant.