A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE KINGS OF HANSETI-RUSKA, 342 E.S.

Drew2_dude

A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE

KINGS OF HANSETI-RUSKA

by

Sigmar Joren Baruch

Vzmey & Hyff 342 E.S.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

I. Preface

II. House Barbanov and the “Northern Question”

III. The Lineage of House Barbanov

IV. The Ottonian Era

V. House Barbanov-Bihar

VI. Lineage of Barbanov-Bihar

PREFACE

The far stretching history of our beloved kingdom eludes most of our citizenry. The ancient histories have been forgotten as have our past kings and their works and achievements. While it would be hardly possible to give a proper recounting of each past king’s work in one book, I hope to give a brief history of each King and what occurred during their reign. 

Before that however, it should be known that the history of Hanseti and Ruska do not start with house Barbanov. Hanseti was formed by Gaius Marius and ruled by the Hochmesiters of the Teutonic order long before it was ruled by House Barbanov. The same can be said for Ruska, which was first founded by the Exalted Sigismund. In 1758, after both crowns became merely titular and were absorbed by the Imperial Crown, John III combined the two and granted the newly paired dual monarchy to House Barbanov, a cadet branch of the old ruling family of Ruska- Carrion.

HOUSE OF BARBANOV

(1578-1666)

vuMXTFeQuaC6W_l94HuTUS8gKZWQ0oHOhqqG5wKJ2OybaIbWkMH57q5fVcwXEnh8Xpcr_4MntP0lNsJBF4cMKqWXF36GELpUtqYh20LFEcbcfWZ2X9hOgGxw9qbN4o23dExnJSxf

During the Fifth Empire, The “Northern Question” remained in the mind of the highlanders in Axios. In an age of northern anarchy after the Riga War, no highlander kingdom stood, but rather a balkanized north full of divided Hansetians and Raevir peoples. The emergence of Petyr of House Barbanov unified many noble lords and in 1578, Petyr and those who rallied behind him marched to Johannesburg to demand royal titles from Emperor John III, who obliged and gave him both Hanseti and Ruska.

LINEAGE OF HOUSE BARBANOV

Petyr I “The Founder”

(1578-1582 | 131-135 E.S.)

vuMXTFeQuaC6W_l94HuTUS8gKZWQ0oHOhqqG5wKJ2OybaIbWkMH57q5fVcwXEnh8Xpcr_4MntP0lNsJBF4cMKqWXF36GELpUtqYh20LFEcbcfWZ2X9hOgGxw9qbN4o23dExnJSxf

*there are no recorded portraits of Petyr I*

Petyr var Sigmar Barbanov (born 1522) is the son of Siguine Barbanov and Kamila Vladov. Petyr grew up a minor lord after his family’s great defeat in the Duke’s War. Petyr married Elizaveta Ruthern, who died before he took the title of King. He served under Duke Jan Kovachev as a general in the Riga War, and was later designated as his heir. In Axios, Petyr would style himself as the Duke of Haense. Petyr Would then rally the support of the Orenian highlander lords and pressure Emperor John III into giving him the royal titles of Hanseti and Ruska.

During his reign, Petyr would establish St. Karlsburg as the Haeseni capital and work on binding the two titles together into the colloquial Kingdom of Haense. He would die of old age in 1582, leaving his son Andrik to inherit the throne.

@Eddywilson2

Andrik II “The Winter King”

(1582-1586 | 135-139 E.S.)

kI7Zu_thcej4pWNYifSSJCqhWznWo19Nao8gPc4GnDWWxcYSRCfni_9z_WSHLOfOkL_VW6wEO4JqOZG_FDXEmxaJBqf1dKo37XokDzwqka7FHQUaBTGfQPUuaSs2S-3dpBe_CysW

A portrait of Andrik II

Andrik Otto Barbanov (born 1564) was the son of Petyr I Barbanov and Elizaveta Ruthern. Andrik was born in the County of Metterden, before his father’s ascension to Duke. As he grew up, he became renowned for his military experience and prowess and grew popular within the Royal Army. He fought in the War of Orcish Submission with the Empire, which also contributed to his military expertise. Andrik also married Reza Kovachev who would become Queen-Consort.

His promising start was overshadowed by his arrogance. During the Year of Four Emperors in 1582, Andrik murdered the newly ascended Emperor John IV who had supposedly threatened the Haeseni Crown. This act forced the Kingdom of Haense to the brink of civil war, but a coalition of nobility led by Sergei Kovachev declared their support for the Emperor, forcing Andrik to give himself up to the newly crowned Emperor  Phillip I. Emperor Phillip then executed the captured Andrik by boiling him in milk. This event is remembered as The Deep Cold Uprising.

@seannie

Marus I “The Good”

(1586-1611 | 139-164 E.S.)

vN_cXNm0adSvwD4O2fNkHGIJvoCmg5qMFxv6LMilmKZebTFU3J9S4klG0uO8qmYiw09tzYsvXPzZhE5r5a-Y_3TbgM6lre3sPSvr6wXm4cKPKfRN77jRMyjX1IwenP0T7HUuuTGE

A portrait of Marus I

Marus Andrik Barbanov (born 1584) was the son of  Andrik II Barbanov and Reza Kovachev. Marus took the throne at the age of two after his father Andrik’s treason to the Empire. For the early years of his reign, he was under the regency of the Count of Bihar, Prince Karl Barbanov. Marus’ reign is remembered as the greatest struggle the Haeseni people ever have had to endure.

During his reign, the first major struggle that faced the Haeseni people was the Coalition War that ended in the dismantling of the Fifth Empire at the hands of Radical Courlandic terrorists as well as Urguan and Lotharingia. This resulted in an independent Haense, the first time in the Kingdom’s history. An unstable time for humanity left the young King Marus wondering what to do to stay afloat, and relations with the Radical Courlandic Terrorists quickly deteriorated as they hoped to get their revenge after the Riga War.

Marus would go on to marry Adelheid Ruthern and she would become his Queen-Consort. In 1600, House Brawm, a vassal of Haense, would declare rebellion against Marus and his  government. The rebellion culminated in the Siege of Houndsden, which saw the Haeseni forces demolish the rebellion and destroy the keep, leaving nothing standing.

In 1601, the Courlander “Prince” Meric, was killed in Haense. The vile King Tobias of Courland assumed this was an act of aggression, as any brash and foolish man would, and issued an ultimatum to Marus, threatening the people of Haense and the Kingdom’s Sovereignty. Marus sent an Ultimatum of his own threatening the evil Staunton, this marks the beginning of The Great Northern War. Unfortunately for Marus and Haense, his forces were overwhelmed and crushed at the Battle of Elba and the Siege of Vasiland in 1603 and 1604. In 1604, the overwhelming Radical Courlandic Terrorists occupied the entirety of Haense, sending King Marus to live in Exile which he never returned from. King Marus would die in Exile, but he was remembered for his kind heart and was beloved by his people, hence the moniker “The Good”.

@Piov

Petyr II

(1611 | 164 E.S.)

QWrQIJP2eTp4CdimIJfnmhcYUt6nTDm-x1WIe5WRL_OVFidsDyfk4RGThd2yrvlPf29qjWY9tjK5ZZO0DkiQSAbMrnpLXXB_pjrVeJN4GrbBQBSAF5XuOhT0-Enw8NuW7qAp-8wc

A portrait of Petyr II

Petyr Andrik Barbanov (born 1596) was the son of  Marus I Barbanov and Adelheid Ruthern. Petyr was the second king in exile, but passed away after a few months from of ruling from Measles, This left his brother Stephen as the next King of the nonexistent throne.

@Pureimp10

Stefan I “The Green”

(1611-1624 | 164-177 E.S.)

uxK7P3SVymLktUn0WLZg2-_i0WZjU-OMUvaDgwXu1Cc4vzkHgC0PD3tbzpKO1Y7o88WTTEXhuiJr5YZQd-F7k4I4R0jfTWXq9Qmm6L6fEaabsn4kozMwImaHm85W1qyLyUe8-D6-

A portrait of Stefan I

Stefan Karl Barbanov (born 1596) was the son of Marus I Barbanov and Adelheid Ruthern. Stefan was the only surviving son of Marus, succeeding his brother Petyr after his death from disease to the exiled throne. After the successful rebellion, now famously called The Greyspine Rebellion, where Ruthern and Baruch led forces won a decisive victory at the Battle of Rothswood that sent the Radical Courlandic Forces running back home, the National Duma of 1611 was called. Referred to as The Crowsmoot, the National Duma of 1611 decided what would be the fate of the newly freed Kingdom. Stefan was unanimously elected as King, after much debate and the Titles of the Kingdom of Haense were returned to House Barbanov. In the peace brokered with Courland, Stefan would be forced to marry a Staunton, one which he swore never to have kids with so that the line of Barbanov would not be dirtied with terrorist blood.

Stefan watched the rise of the Sixth Holy Orenian Empire. He would later join it, being the Empire’s most significant Vassal State. Stefan would aid the Empire in the attempted suppression of the Santegian Rebellion, which was ultimately lost. The Rebellion did not have much consequence on the internal State of Haense and left Stefan completely unhindered in his rule. He was despised by the Imperial state, once called by Prince Phillip Owyn, “a deviant and a foe to all humanity”. Stefan persisted in meddling in imperial politics to preserve the status of Haense, which made him revered by the Haeseni people, similar to kings of recent memory and their fight against centralization and conformity.

While Stefan had no suitable children for heir, he did sire a bastard son, which would later form the illegitimate princely House of Ludovar.

@yopplwasupxxx

THE OTTONIAN ERA

(1624-1666)

Ssg8o37UcFO0FaVlx8ur_5xPBHa-24wg4cqcEsFnZz6wZrcxrh9zXNjQmwIjBI7iIl4rsb6ZndSlShlkBJs7RtjUpk8qHuCeAk3tnAKpPsObYA47ixk7ZCIE9hZr6tgzqFuNMm3H

While still a part of House Barbanov, the line of Otto I is often referred to separately as the “Ottonians”. Otto I, was the second son of Andrik II, making him the Uncle of Petyr II and Stefan I.

Otto I “The Prudent”

(1624 | 177 E.S.)

bXOHVcB1nbzIKcvHkqZh4MB1Br5wn6ESwQDHedG52XgZAhuh97-lQcuih5RotsmmsFyIUwcNy6-iHmmG7pPVmBWkYl8F9W6nOPGKzZu0mB59qcHQI1MRKn1eW8_cHqkG4jZMEi_u

A portrait of Otto I

Otto Henrik Barbanov (born 1584) was the son of Andrik II and Reza Kovachev. Otto inherited the throne from his nephew Stefan after his death. He was married to Catherine Kovachev. Otto would sit on the throne for 3 months, merely maintaining the Crown until he would later pass it on to his son Otto II. Otto I’s contributions came mostly from before he took the throne. In the military he fought in almost every war since his brother, Marus, took the throne.

@NJBB

Blessed Otto II “The Quiet”

(1624-1644 | 177-197 E.S.)

Y6rwmMpXlE1XlR6QFoZRrPmCwAGWrtl2KBeaVBMu57weGfS50xM44oYAWIfU5Cme8MJ0Yn98dAB72HKt2HWpJyfVN-UwE7jkL8EswPUwUXt8Fib1P8VIYHC6h3U6qXWj40U9LqvJ

A Portrait of Otto II

Otto Georg Barbanov (born 1601) was the son of Otto Barbanov and Catherine Kovachev.. Otto II became king after his father’s sudden abdication in 1624. Otto married Eleanor d’Amaury who would become his Queen-Consort. His early reign is often looked upon poorly, as it saw the decline in Haense’s influence in Axios. Otto was forced into the Romstun War by Emperor Peter II, which saw the death of many prominent nobles and councilors. Otto was left to rule mostly on his own.

The decline became quite apparent during the Coup of Adelburg, which saw to the dissolvement of the Sixth Empire by King Aurelius of Renatus. However not long after this, Otto would join in the Third Crusade, which eased tensions between his kingdom, Renatus, and Marna, but this did not last. Otto was posthumously beatified for his role in the successful Third Crusade. The war helped soften the decline and, for a time, put the kingdom back on the right track.

Otto was king during the immigration to Atlas, where he quickly set up the City of Markev. The city is known as possibly the most successful city in Haeseni history. Many refugees and people came to live in the beautiful southern city, which helped put Haense back onto its feet and recover from the few hard years of decline that it had endured.

@Pureimp10

Otto III “The Builder”

(1644-1655 | 197-208 E.S.)

HmlkP-OyRbKo94Y5VObMJZ7grgbzWujt8gLFsA03C83xApucYuYn5UN2Gpu2rLoHT1b0oosThBN9GF9dbNlC6erdm2_MV_GAU0SArUfUfH-KJ0X3WuQjp9hC1wYzQrTihbJYEM76

A portrait of Otto III

Otto Stefan Barbanov (born 1621) was the son of Otto II Barbanov and Eleanor d’ Amaury. Otto III would marry Ingrid Sarkozic who would go on to become his Queen-Consort. Otto III is known as the last monarch of the Ottonian Era. He received the moniker “the builder” because of the many renovations and beautifications he did to Markev, in order to bolster its positions as the Jewel of Atlas.

Otto III spent the majority of his reign fighting off the newly unionized and very aggressive Crown of Renatus-Marna. These fights took place in multiple Coalition Wars that brought Haense into a loose anti-Renatus alliance called the Czena Confederation. This loose alliance did not see much success, but it stalled the takeover of Renatus for a time, leading to a longer independent Haense from tyranny. Otto could not gain a decisive victory over Aurelius, but he did avoid being subjugated or dissolved by the aggressive Renatian war mongers.

In 1655, he and his heir apparent, Otto Josef, were killed by a mysterious plague, leaving his second son to inherit the kingdom.

@NJBB

Karl II “The Stubborn”

(1655-1666 | 208-219 E.S.)

GFCuMhFDVPOpks5RXs7ynn2WIrkOkNV3WM1S4S6mqL0BUKJFLYsu5e2FgDUZ_aq8371wXihvDp6--nrLNmJCq2j7Fv1CgTFvAhKNs7F4yMcafUCX2kZ3_2XTwGZAe983YQHXzHFV

A portrait of Karl II

Karl Marus Barbanov (born 1648) was the son of Otto III and Ingrid Sarkozic. Karl was left with a dying nation at the age of 7 after a mysterious plague wiped out many prominent members of nobility and the council, including his brother and father. In 1656, the Czena Confederation was dissolved, with most of its members being conquered by Renatus-Marna. Karl then founded the United Southern Alliance, which included Norland and Courland, to resist the Renatus war nation. Karl kept Renatus from crossing the Czena River, but that was about all the success that he could muster against them. Karl’s reign saw much instability within Markev, a peasant riot almost killed Karl in his palace during his reign. In 1666, he died, as did the main line of House Barbanov. Karl was considered a great leader because he took up the reins at such a young age and tried to save the kingdom from certain death. In this goal, he found his crowning achievement.

@cruzazul

HOUSE OF BARBANOV-BIHAR

(1666-Present)

uPZyrBrDjQ_zineboxSWjQ76favY3EkOZTEDlGg_rPBnh8GUu21eyCbgCXD0FDUr797TKo4ptHIc_cR7OmjJx2NFmT--VqeD8PCFncfFk20lyoDdvM0AnwwoRg2MjcwHuoKPesEo

After the death of King Karl II, the Royal and mainline of Petyr I and his first born had gone extinct, which led to a succession crisis, albeit a short one. Karl II’s former Lord Palatine Franz Bihar claimed the throne in a bloodless palace coup. After his death, his line would continue to rule as the new Royal bloodline. Now it is as if this never happened, the line of Bihar as taken on the same name as the extinct, referred to almost solely as Barbanov rather than Bihar.

LINEAGE OF HOUSE BARBANOV-BIHAR

Franz II “The Unfortunate”

(1666 | 219 E.S.)

RHoLM6_2rO4B91KwF4KQklaB0xmRNizmyFGTIS3YfX5KfoNkjL7fm9Cyr669uLX-SYcw10n96XWVcrvw-_60lCjXYx_bTt_MnbKuDS4uIDMaG2N5DXCRY_WocPFZzecfqX-mHXze

A portrait of Franz II

Franz Jakob Barbanov-Bihar (born 1633) was the son of Prince Henrik-Otto Bihar and Camille Stafyr. His wife was Tatiana Ruthern, who would become his Queen. Franz served as Karl II’s Lord Palatine for the majority of his reign, and would use his position to declare himself King of Haense after the passing of his cousin. Though this coup brought an end to the succession crisis and was seemingly successful, Franz was captured at his coronation by Renatian agents and beheaded by King Arelius of Renatus-Marna for refusing to be vassalized.

@Birdnerdy

Sigmar I “The Shrewd”

(1666-1682 | 219-235 E.S.)

yoeuoPp04aR9hZaGmhcLATFYvmpw7BhE1thNRgShwrTznI-ZRWHZCBcMRvaU8qTdzQYI8nOSzezCX-AQbiIwHMu2wn-RWCFu-xiTls9mfJZITzRS5qGxo9GWEHPjRG1CyX-Ev4MG

A portrait of Sigmar I

Sigmar Lothar Barbanov-Bihar (born 1643) was the son of Robert-Sigismund Bihar and Katerina Ruthern. Sigmar would go on to marry Sophia Chivay, who would become his Queen-Consort. Sigmar became King after the execution of his Uncle Franz. Sigmar was successful in lifting Renatian sanctions put on Markev, which allowed the Haeseni Economy to repair itself. This also caused an increase of  population in Markev once again, this was the first time Haense had seen anything other than death and war since the mysterious plague. Sigmar attempted to use his newly improved position to try a military conquest, but this proved to be futile because of the strength of the Renatians. Sigmar’s skills were seen through his diplomacy rather than his military prowess, his forces were defeated soundly at the Battle of Karl’s Hill against Renatus-Marna. The crushing defeat led to the creation of the Seventh Empire, more often referred to as the Empire of Man. Sigmar sword fealty to Emperor Arelius, ending Haense’s longest bout of independence. 

Sigmar’s reign as an imperial vassal saw a shift in power from a strong centralized Haense to one decentralized with more responsibility given to the nobility.

@Ark

Robert I “The Kind”

(1682-1707 | 235-260 E.S.)

samonhTkKMycgqma8HcySw7PbhLQOLBJL-NPVCghFEIXLGWYX2h4lwNX-hcuucMPxh8-YKGyvAjlgYcyfoxreC-tjpsLhgtwk0NCUrLemUGzULCaPnxlCk-PYHJs8c-Bo50dzoSa

A portrait of Robert I

Robert Lothar Barbanov-Bihar (born 1666) was the son of Sigmar I Bihar and Sophia Chivay. Robert would marry Elizaveta Ruthern who would become his Queen-Consort. Robert’s long reign was mainly defined by the revival of Markev and the reclamation of Crown Authority by the central government. Robert removed the old councilors of his father and made a new council handpicked by him, which returned power to the king from the nobles. He would return the ducal title of Carnatia to the re-emerging House Kovachev and Henrik Kovachev who served in his government

Robert participated in the Third Atlas Coalition War alongside Emperor Aurelius. This war saw the reclamation of the County of Ayr from the Arberrang pagans. Robert returned the lands to Marius Baruch in good faith. The rest of Robert’s reign was quiet and quite peaceful. Robert spent his time hosting feasts and festivals for his people getting to know them, both common and noble alike. For these jovial acts, he received the Moniker “The Kind”.

@JuliusAakerlund

Marus II “The Brash”

(1707-1719 | 260-272 E.S.)

D7KMGiyQV0DJhBAcag7dSqC4OK2GwRha5_9R1latUOl9fuYlTNOFK0lj7JKeS-2a7ZXe0bINRZZauidtec4OHNQOd2QLPIqg_gKEYUdlKeXmNNMjo94L0N47Jyb0rKx-vKLsjo2i

A portrait of Marus II

Marus Demetrius Barbanov (born 1683) was the son of Robert I Bihar and Elizaveta Ruthern. Marus would marry Klaudia Vanir who would become his Queen-Consort. Marus began his reign in Arcus with a conflict against the Kingdom of Curon. Dimwitted Curonian Vassals could not tell where their land ended and where Haense’s began, which caused them to settle on Haeseni land North of the Haeseni Capital of Reza. King Marus requested a Parley with King Wilhelm, but the dolt ignored his request. King Wilhelm then accused Marus of planning to wage war on Curon using the mercenary group called the Reivers, and thus the matter was then taken up by the Imperial Government and Emperor Antonius. This culminated with the Warwick Resolution which ended the conflict between the pair who were on the brink of war.  During Marus’ reign, he also reinstated the Royal Duma as a legislative and Advisory body for the nobility to have an active role in governance and formed the Marian Retinue, the Royal Kingsguard which is still used today.

The next issue Marus would encounter was the Adrian Conflict. In 1708, the Duma of Adria nominated King Marus as the new Duke after the abdication of Paul II. Marus now had to look over the city of Ves and the people of Adria, whilst his own people in Reza. Emperor Antonious and the Imperial State hated the people of Adria, and would send their men to harass them daily because they were thought to be harboring criminals and bandits.

In 1710, 2 years after becoming the Duke of Adria, Marus was informed of an attack on the Adria and city of Ves by the Imperial Prince Yury and his men. Marus would send a letter to Emperor Atonious demanding a trial for the rogue Prince, which was eventually held in the Imperial Capital of Helena. As the trial came to an end, clearly a kangaroo court and facade put on by the Emperor and his men, the Adrians who were attacked were called up before the Emperor and sentenced to death. Marus, shocked by the display of madness and disregard of law by the Emperor, attempted to intervene which led to a skirmish in the palace. Many were killed and injured, including Marus who took a blow. Marus would then send for peace with the Emperor in hopes of avoiding a civil war, this was accepted by the Emperor, but Adria did not have as much luck. The City of Ves was sacked by the Imperial army led by Prince Yury who set the city ablaze. This is remembered as Marus’ biggest folly, allowing his people to be attacked by a merciless oppressor.

For Several years after the Yury trial, a period of peace would set on the land. After numerous acts of tyranny conducted by the Emperor and the Empire of Man, an Aeldenic ship would arrive on the coast, harboring Josef of Horen-Marna. He would confront Marus in his throne room, talking of rebellion and a plot to make Josef the New Emperor took hold. This culminated, after many meetings in Nenzing, with the Nenzing Proclamation. Emperor Antonious would dissolve the Empire of Man and two Emperors would be crowned, resulting in the War of Two Emperors.

The Marnan forces along with Haense saw a few decisive victories in the beginning, but their luck would run dry at the Siege of Helena. This was the turning point in the War where the Marna forces began to collapse on themselves. Soon, the only foe left standing to the young Emperor Godfrey II was the Kingdom of Haense and King Marus.

In 1719 still in the midst of war, the tired King Marus, who was stressed from war, was assassinated by a disgruntled Hekor Barrow in the Prikaz Palace. The assassin would later be killed by Prince Otto And Godfric Alimar. While Tumultuous, King Marus’ reign can be looked back on fondly. During this time, the people of Haense were united in their pride for their nation, and united against the Tyranny of the Empire and their allies. While Ves and Curon turned their backs on the cause like the cowards they were, Marus and the people of Haense fought back against all odds.

@Imperium

Andrik III “The Unyielding”

(1719-1746 | 272-299 E.S.)

dczf025D2oXtEyr3IOG6A6g04JMZsa3VCuaAXiE9YZw95yQTIQ50P99tjIUdEYhlQ01gq3NPAfkEL6LA_29ZSlWI5up7ZpiItr_Wy5K2v2Kv3C7FPGc7iI8qNdye7cCBgrHHzqbl

A portrait of Andrik III

Andrik Lothar Barbanov-Bihar (born 1710) was the son of Marus II Bihar and Klaudia Vanir. Andrik would go on to Marry Milena Carrion who would become his Queen-Consort. Andrik’s reign was marked by unending wars and the collapses of human institutions around Haense. Andrik inherited the War of Two Emperors from his father, and after a few years of hard war he would make a deal with Emperor Godfrey II to vassalize under his newly formed Holy Orenian Empire, and in return he preserved his kingdom. However, peace would not last as the Three Months War, the Lorraine Revolt, and the Rubern War would soon follow.

This time is referred to as The Troubles, during which Andrik would originally back Adrian Sarkozic after the fall of the Empire and disappear of Godfrey II and his successor. This backing did not last however, as soon he would turn his support to Alexander de Joannes who subsequently would become Alexander II, Emperor of the Holy Orenian Empire. Andrik gained his moniker “The Unyielding” for his staunch resistance to unstable imperial influence in Haeseni Affair. 

Andrik III is the longest reigning King in Haeseni History, and oversaw the most prosperous time, the Golden Age of Haense. Andrik was beloved by his people, common and noble alike, for his resistance to imperial centralization and his jovial attitude. He promoted the noble class and gave them responsibility within the government, while also lifting up the peasantry and offering them a better life through service to the Crown. This was, in a sense, a Renaissance time in internal Haense, as many statesmen, authors, and playwrights came out to reinvigorate Haeseni culture. As the world crumbled around the Kingdom, Haense had a sense of security and peace. Even through the Wars, Andrik gave the people a secure stable Government and Leadership to look up to.

In 1746, Andrik would be wounded in a hunting accident. He would die in the days to come.

@Emenzi

Andrik IV “The Preserver”

(1746-1753 | 299-306 E.S.)

AsQVe15eq9o6j-3IeLjnOFC3Z6AcASmkx7QK1sgHBgshELRS_sHyVgrIvj9k8PEqqVSg220uV_pXbyprnmNl6UnwhAvLxbdTEOIzqYBfg34iacOV17nw1vK96bFxXYKoHUDsFXgp

A portrait of Andrik IV

Andrik Petyr Barbanov-Bihar (born 1729) was the son of Andrik III Bihar and Milena Carrion. He would later go on to marry his cousin Maya Barbanov-Alimar who would become his Queen-Consort. Andrik’s reign was rather short compared to his fathers, and spent most of his time focusing on the Rubern War and the internal toil between the Feudalists and Centralists. The Rubern War was in gridlock, as neither the morsgradi coalition or the Empire could get the upper hand. During this time, Lord Palatine Markus Kortrevich stoked the embers of infighting, apparently attempting to silence the Feudalist Ideas by using the Rubern War to halt Duma entirely, unbeknownst to the Lord Speaker Sigmar Baruch. Andrik tried to mend the bridges burnt by his Palatine by elevating Sigmar Baruch to a Duchy and Erwin Barclay to a County, while also elevating Markus Kortrevich to a Margrave. Andrik also oversaw great success in the military through his reforms.

In 1753, Andrik IV would die after being wounded fatally during a rescue mission to save his wife, Queen Maya, from a group of ruffians.

@AndrewTech

Sigismund II “The Soldier”

(1753-1776 | 306-329 E.S.)

Zzh7vqM3w_XgXnF1LhxX_ScZvWrxjkskBk7h4zV55-4VIGfQC1Dlxm3j8WH0QGi_4WfQx0aLIiE_KvxnvkEr8rGohgjHJI_d37Y5Pl_UU_SHn1QDQfaKJewupA_MWtuGKS-N95Er

A portrait of Sigismund II

Otto Sigismund Barbanov-Bihar (born 1748) was the son of Andrik IV Bihar and Maya Alimar. He would go on to marry Viktoria Ruthern who would later become his Queen-Consort. Sigismund spent half of his reign under the Regency of Tiberius Barrow until his death, then Prince Otto Sigmar Alimar. During the later half of his Regency under Prince Otto, the Feudalist nobility made a coalition, called the Valwyck Pact, to check the power and remind the heavily centralist Prince Otto that he was only the Head of State until Sigismund came of age. Prince Otto and the leader of the Valwyck Pact, Duke Petyr Baruch, came to an agreement called the Valwyck Compromise that alleviated fears from both sides as it ensured the rights of nobility and promised not to strip nobility without proper cause, and in turn the nobility would support the regent completely.

Sigismund spent most of his reign fending off the Scyfling Invasion under Bralt the Boar, though he would ultimately die before ending the invasion. During his reign, Sigismund and his now Lord Palatine Petyr Baruch would see the end of the Rubern war, gaining back the old Alimar territories, but readmitting this land became an issue as the Imperial and Haeseni authorities argued over who had the jurisdiction of the regained land.

Tensions were constantly high, and rising, with the Imperial Government as Sigismund, Petyr Baruch, and the Lord Lieutenant Nikolas Barbanov worked to find compromises with the aggressively centralized Imperial Government. Concessions were made to improve stability, including agreeing to a single peerage system which would be a main issue in the years to come. This issue greatly outraged the boisterous Sigismund, who often would make inflammatory statements that were borderline seditious about  the  Imperial Government.

After the outbreak of the Sutican War, where Sigismund was not informed prior by the Imperial government and Emperor Peter III, Sigismund wished to remain neutral, while rumors circulated of rebellion against the tyranny of the terrible Emperor. However, his council refused to allow this to happen, seeing the needs of Haense over personal grudges, unlike Sigismund, which caused Sigismund to eventually end his life. While his love for his people was great and blinding, his brashness and irrationality compared to that of Marus II and, without his council, may have bogged down Haense in a futile war for decades to come.

@seannie

Josef I (The Liberator ?)

(1776-Present | 329-Present E.S.)

glpUA4RqjCU3nb-THBelhyMA8ZXGpT5BiqxWrxeqWUsEcygYZhRWRJ1g-TEcdHxpc8N8gF5QPmYV5CMAgAgACeE-5ot-a1mrFEOYDCdFOS-M5Ksj82yIv7n4ad45Rt3S7pZoKARc

A portrait of Josef I

Josef Sigismund Barbanov-Bihar (born 1769) is the son of Sigismund II Bihar and Viktoria Ruthern. Josef is married to Isabel Baruch who is now his Queen-Consort. Josef is the second child king in a row, ascending to the throne at age 7. Josef’s Regent was appointed by Petyr Baruch, Konstantin Wick served as his Regent and Lord Palatine after the stepping down of Petyr Baruch from the position. After his father’s death, there was a sense of division among the people. Some wished to fight against the Empire, others wished to stay for the greater good. Josef’s first task was to amend the division between the people, which was done after the Pontiff James II demanded Emperor Peter III end the war against Sutica.

The next task Josef and his government would face was against the Scyfings. During the first years of his Kingship he would beat the Scyfling horde and end the Scyfling War. Peace did not last long however, as now the Inferi wage war across Arcas.

Josef would take up the sword and shield of his father, and the father’s before him as he led the resistance against the Imperial Government’s fight for centralization and strippng of Autonomy from Haense. On the 11th of Amber Cold, 1786, Empress Anne I granted Haense it’s freedom after a brief meeting in the Novellen with King Josef, expelling them from the Empire. For months after, celebrations ran rampant through the streets and praise was given to Josef and his Government for gaining independence from the Empire. Josef then quickly and efficiently set up a self sustaining government for an independent Haense.

@CaptainHaense

To be Continued...

Spoiler

S/O to @CaptainHaense and @Piov for the history lesson and helping me put it together

Edited by Drew2_dude

“A wonderful work, and well-summarized if I might say so. Although not in-depth in their intricate lives, it will likely catch the eye of people just beginning to dabble in the vast Haeseni history or in need of a general reteaching,” Irena C. Ruthern commented with an approving bob of her head in response to the document she received a copy of to read over.  “I can only hope to see more pieces from this particular writer– Lord Sigmar Baruch.”

Edited by Eryane