Decree of Banishment

Juno.

Decree of Banishment

issued 13th of The Amber Cold, 1789

[!] The following letter would be published within the Isles of Almenor, and a copy sent to a limited number of individuals. 

Sylvaeri_Seal.png

The individual known as Casca Terin Puerokar is hereby forever banished from the Isles of Almenor and its constituent lands of the Caras Aegrothond citadel and Siramenor in violation of the Codex of Law for the following crimes; treason, interbreeding, and contempt for the crown.

Crimes Against the Crown

Treason

“Any citizen who willfully assists an enemy of the Crown is guilty of treason. This includes and is not limited to: passing sensitive information, publishing private documents and health records of any citizen, sedition, and slander. Punishment for this crime will result in banishment from the Isles of Almenor and its constituent states.”

Casca allowed and condoned the actions of her orcish lover; attacking the father of her child and citizen of Siramenor in our own borders. This constitutes as treason as she was still a property owning citizen of the Isles of Almenor herself at the time of the attack, later verbally expressing her approval to some of our council members and guards.

Crimes Against the Crown

Interbreeding

“Any coupling with intent to produce offspring with a member of another Descendant or lesser race than that of one’s own shall be considered interbreeding. The punishment for such is banishment, especially should the coupling bear a mixed child -- for they have brought into this world unnecessary burden upon the offspring, who must contend with more than one Curse. Knowingly coupling with those who possess Dark Magics shall also be treated as a crime equal to that of interbreeding. Such coupling may decree abuse or neglect on behalf of the parents.”

She has been charged with interbreeding for coupling with an orc, which she failed to deny when brought before justice. The sin of coupling with another race is a vile deed which sullies the Elven soul. The Curses of the Descendant Races cannot be undone by any power. Therefore, the act of knowingly producing offspring which carries more than one Descendant Curse is equal in the eyes of sensible Elves to that of abuse and neglect.

Crimes Against Justice

Contempt

“Contempt for the Crown and its agents is considered a crime in the Isles of Almenor. While individuals are free to make logical arguments in defense of themselves, they must keep a level voice and be respectful throughout the proceedings. Contempt shall also include failure to heed warnings or banishments from a member of the Council or the Sea Prince himself - this shall result in banishment of the perpetrator from the Isles of Almenor, and may include immediate removal from the Isles of Almenor.”

Casca continued to insult, ignore the warnings of, and even threaten the newborn child of the council members and guards present. She was told to remain quiet as her crimes were read aloud to her, a command she failed to follow, thus resulting in her charge of contempt.

I would also like to provide a further explanation of the punishments she received. Her ears were taken as she betrayed her people, thus no longer deserving of the defining feature; her right finger was amputated as that was the punishment that befell the last traitor of the crown; and finally, her flesh was burned to purify her sins, scabs that must be shed in growth.

28a89da5a32c7946dbf1d339a3b8f0a5.png

By the power vested in me by the Crown Seal of Elvenesse,

Ahernal ito

Council Member Sonna Sirame

“About time,” says Eir’thall in a rant to his brother, clearly pleased with the banishment. “Now to root out the other inbreds and degenerates among our people.” 

Some banished ‘ame releases a little chuckle once he learns of the decree. ”Good for them, I wonder how many more they have running around.”

”Hmmm interbreeding” Wren would fold the paper and sits down ”That is rather weird...”

”Chikr.” Naeri would murmur as she spit at the ground. “If I got my hands on her she’d lose a lot more than just her ears. She should watch her back, a scalp would look nice on my wall.” As she finished speaking, Naeri would move over to the crib in which her baby brother was sleeping, softly rubbing her hand across his cheek. Threaten to lay a hand on my family again and I’ll make sure those are the last words you speak.” She’d hum, as if she was cooing the baby.

Avaeramos offered a duplicate of the missive to his trusted and youthful novice, subsequently murmuring; “Calamitous, isn’t it?”

Chirr’dilacaln Ilathdyn listens to the blusters of his brother – Eir’thall – before nodding agreeably.

Eveth took hold of the proferred missive, curiosity arousing from within as she began to skim through. The young elfess’ usual jubilant expression contorted to that of bafflement — stifling a cringe as she merely nodded profusely in concurrence to her mentor.

Farren would wince and cup her ears, imagining the pain of them being cut off. ”Good gods, pray the child is raised in a kind home.”

“A shame what you’ve become” Nematsen mutters to himself in disgust, snatching a copy for safekeeping 

Kalius Tresery reads the decree, nodding slightly as he did so. However upon completion he would begin frowning slightly, pursing his lips in thought. He would turn to whatever Eldarhim near him, speaking in a somber tone.

”A bold move one can respect, but our kin best temper their attitudes and pay heed to the consequences of their actions. Perhaps our people bested the Uruks under the flag of the Dominion, but we are the Dominion no longer. We wax and wane much like the moon, and I daresay we have waned of late.”

“damn this girl sounds like a freak. is she single?” pseudo-dionyse nicephore dispatches a letter

1 hour ago, Sykogenic said:

Kalius Tresery reads the decree, nodding slightly as he did so. However upon completion he would begin frowning slightly, pursing his lips in thought. He would turn to whatever Eldarhim near him, speaking in a somber tone.

”A bold move one can respect, but our kin best temper their attitudes and pay heed to the consequences of their actions. Perhaps our people bested the Uruks under the flag of the Dominion, but we are the Dominion no longer. We wax and wane much like the moon, and I daresay we have waned of late.”

Kairn Ithelanen spoke then to his Immortal Lieutenant Kalius.

“Banishment? It makes sense. Who knows, any longer. I doubt they will even fight, just sit behind their walls.” 

Sleeping Hawk heeded his own call through and through the filthy nature of the ramshackle hut, built upon a rigid canopy, he dubbed solace to himself. The pariah craned his neck to the right for but moments, eyes flashing glares between the embers that invoked themselves upon the ends of his bundles of sage, and the rune he’d previously drawn across his wall, below a visage of pure monotony, in every sense of the word; thinned lips held in a close line, pattern of blinks unwavering.

Through and between the releases of several long drawls in his groan, the Hawk’s vision drifted across the scroll, an absence of complete attention made apparent, hand gliding across the air, digits slipping between rows of tattered clothes.

”Day and night cannot dwell together. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.”