Dungeon Concept? Yes, No, Amount?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Dungeon Concept? Yes, No, Amount?

• Yes: 1 Dungeon
    • Yes: 2 Dungeons
    • Yes: 3 Dungeons
    • Yes: 4 Dungeons
    • No

My only concern is, if ST is only doing 1 even a month right now, how are they going to respond with an active count of over 100 players wanting to do dungeons, and that’s a low estimate, wanting to do dungeons. And if this is just a 1 time thing like you said, can we just pop up a req and say ‘Hey I want to do a dungeon’ and then just do a dungeon? Will ET have a set amount of tickets they need, a sort of ‘dungeon’ related tickets?

Some people say you’re complaining about doing 1 event a month, I don’t know how accurate that is, but I think you see what I’m getting at here.

There is nothing about this post that I don't love.

Just now, TheFlowerBandit said:

My only concern is, if ST is only doing 1 even a month right now, how are they going to respond with an active count of over 100 players wanting to do dungeons, and that’s a low estimate, wanting to do dungeons.

One idea here is to implement a OOC timer on some of the Instances.

Another is to close off paths that belong to certain ST so noone gets their hope up.

One thing I definately had planned on Irrinor-Concept was a ooc timer per player/party, so you couldnt just spam the Dungeon, and for mid-high tier, a week long heads up requirement for entering so it wasn’t a diarrhea-run style mad dash to do an event.

I think you could wven make a more legit way to request events in general, make it so people have to request through the story discord and from there an et can select that ticket and pm the person involved, that way theres no issues with how to schedule and its easy to track which et’s are actually doing events and such.

PLEASE.  FOR THE SAKE OF EXPLORATION, IMAGINATION AND CREATIVITY.  PLEASE MAKE MORE THAN 4 DUNGEONS.  If you make maybe 7-8 locations, each are like you said able to be ran by any ET member who is equipped.  I don't think there should be any cool down beside for the groups that complete it.  And should they fail I think they should get half the cool down they would if they completed it successfully.  Just my opinion, maybe also depending on the difficulty of dungeon bases what kind of loot you can expect to get 

I put 4 as the max for now because of resource allocation issues! If it pans out very well, especially in tandem with coming features by way of our techs, then we can push the envelope for more. 

But when it says 4, it means 4 hubs. The hubs link into build sites for a multitude of Instances. So 10 instances could theoretically exist in one hub, meaning 40 dungeon instances/unique experiences if we have 4 hubs

I hope that makes sense

You are an angel, thank you for your service, that sounds like it's going to be extremely entertaining for the community.  I hope to see these plans flourish!

please factor in replayability if there are like 2 dungeons. puzzles et al would be very slog boring encounters if you’ve already done them before so know the answers.

1 hour ago, frill said:

please factor in replayability if there are like 2 dungeons. puzzles et al would be very slog boring encounters if you’ve already done them before so know the answers.

One of the issues to tackle is regarding this. 

Simplistically, bringing on more Builders would work out to avoid repeated instances, but these are voluntary positions and a consistent guarantee that a builder will be able and willing to keep building modules-builds for dungeon crawling within the limited amount of worlds we have on the server box. 

In a more complex hope is that the work our techs have been putting into plugins can be utilized for dungeons. 

There's also the consideration of forming Instances that don't require a ST, by way of plug ins ala tech and things like parkour, to simulate experiences, though these would likely be low-riskor scenic but still available options. 

But with some amount of effort and luck we won't have to rely on reskinned instances across 4 dungeon hubs, thereby transitioning us into a 1990s side scroller platformer. 

Hmmm I love the idea of having Dungeons in LoTC I remember a while ago Xarlkly made a post with some interesting ideas. Maybe your idea and his can be developed together?

Dungeon and Dragons- I mean only Dungeon... good post though.

Ok besides my terrible joke. So are Dungeons gonna be like monthly event sights or weekly? Like is there going to be a schedule?

Another idea would be to have different types of dungeons. Some heavily involved in story, maybe some filled with rare resources, maybe others connected to the self teaching altars. Some that act as monster nests. I think this would be a cool project to work with the World Team.

Maybe have some PvE focused ones as well where STs are not necessarily needed and people can hunt custom hostile mobs and as you go through the dungeon maybe curios, signs or region messages tell you some sort of story. Or simply the dungeon is a bit more focused on monster hunting and has a story that maybe is not as deep as the ones told in other types of dungeons.

I like the idea of dungeons being kinda “modular” where maybe the interactions of the descendants will start opening new areas within a dungeon. So it feels like the effort made by adventurers is represented by the development of the dungeon itself.

Would also be interesting to see how the dungeons implement stuff from the new plugins we have. So maybe you also find out that there are some rare resources within the dungeon and that is the entire reasoning for you being there. 

Idk that is a list of ideas I had when I read your post and Xarkly’s. 

Yes PLEASE. This is everything I’ve wanted for a long time now. Dungeons are absolutely what we need for consistent, varying events that could satisfy everyone. Not to mention having the choice to get some friends together and go on an adventure outside of the massive world events would be amazing.

23 minutes ago, SoulReapingWolf said:

Another idea would be to have different types of dungeons. Some heavily involved in story, maybe some filled with rare resources, maybe others connected to the self teaching altars. Some that act as monster nests. I think this would be a cool project to work with the World Team.

Maybe have some PvE focused ones as well where STs are not necessarily needed and people can hunt custom hostile mobs and as you go through the dungeon maybe curios, signs or region messages tell you some sort of story. Or simply the dungeon is a bit more focused on monster hunting and has a story that maybe is not as deep as the ones told in other types of dungeons.

I like the idea of dungeons being kinda “modular” where maybe the interactions of the descendants will start opening new areas within a dungeon. So it feels like the effort made by adventurers is represented by the development of the dungeon itself.

Would also be interesting to see how the dungeons implement stuff from the new plugins we have. So maybe you also find out that there are some rare resources within the dungeon and that is the entire reasoning for you being there. 

Idk that is a list of ideas I had when I read your post and Xarkly’s. 

On the tech side of things we have five dungeons planned but they are all fairly mechanical and were only really planned for Vortex use (so like as of rn keefy’s thing is separate from our stuff) , through those dungeons we were going to have neat stuff, further with 1.17 on the horizon, I was talking with some other techs about the possibility of a random rogue like dungeon as well that we could do by messing with the cave generation code. Anyways, the thing we want for vortex dungeons as of right now is basically Darksouls meets Legend of Zelda, we want hard harsh mechanics for mobs that are complicated but respectable(granted darksouls here may be a bit of an over exaggeration), and neat puzzles that require you to use various items from vortex crafting to operate. A great example of this is crafting a potion of revealing to find a hidden door, and when you walk in that room you find yourself dealing with a custom mob with custom attacks and mechanics to defeat them. Dungeons for Vortex wont come for a hot minute, we want to finish a bunch of stuff content wise in the plugin not to mention updating various plugins to actually prepare this server for our eventual port to 1.16 and beyond. Anyways, ill probably make a post regarding Tinkering, Enchanting, Alchemy, Culinarian, and the dungeon subsystems in the tech discord whenever we are ready to take on that mantle.