Summons: Crown v. Boniface

garentoft

SUMMONS TO APPEAR

BEFORE THE AULIC COURT

hp5Ret93DvWl11axIen4Sqk-f1aD4Bz3uBn6AJaVK6BEZitfTjBau-8nAeGAEEnF23JdN6fEGx_elpgh4iw_sHySBNYOErgeT8xWCr4_jOBoa2j4I8cYun6ljp4rxR-KSQ2yLH8J

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM

This Summons, issued on 4th of Msitza and Dargund, 342 ES by the Crown and represented by Lauritz H. Christiansen

Compels the Aulic Court to call upon Boniface to appear before it and answer the following charges:

420.02: The crime of intentionally speaking sacrilege or in contrary to the teachings of the Canon and slandering the Church or Godan shall constitute a middling offence,

420.03: The crime of spreading false teachings and attempting to convert others from the Church shall constitute a severe offence;

Arisen from these circumstances:

In his recent publications, the former Friar known as Boniface has expressed multiple opinions contrary to common teachers, in a bid to convert others away from the Holy Church led by his Holiness, James II.

In regards to 420.02:

In his response to Fr. Ailred Barclay’s “A Thesis of Favouritism”, Boniface claims that the first Man and Woman did not exist, and did not birth the descendants, in direct contrast to what is stated in the Holy Scrolls. “A male and female of unknown races would have had to give birth to a dwarf, an orc, an elf and a human… I do hope, dear reader, that you can understand the nonsense that Ailred has claimed [that Man and Woman begat the Brothers] and why it is utterly false.”

Additionally, in a response to his own “The State of the Church - A letter to the public”, Boniface accuses his Holiness, the High Pontiff, of blasphemy, thus slandering the name of the Church in a public letter. "Unless his Holiness has committed blasphemy and has changed this fundamental oath [of celibacy] to fit his agenda"

In regards to 420.03:

In his response to Fr. Ailred Barclay’s “A Thesis of Favouritism”, Boniface once more denies the existence of Man and Woman, the parents of the four descendants. This is spreading false teachings. “A male and female of unknown races would have had to give birth to a dwarf, an orc, an elf and a human… I do hope, dear reader, that you can understand the nonsense that Ailred has claimed[that Man and Woman begat the Brothers] and why it is utterly false.”

Additionally, in his response to Fr. Ailred Barclay’s “A Thesis of Favouritism”, Boniface claims that only Humans are granted into the Seven Skies, and that the idea of others being granted entry to the Seven Skies is heretical. Here he is calling a doctrine taught in catechisms and by the rest of the clergy heretical. "To conclude, I reiterate my belief that only humans are granted entry into the seven skies and to deny this truth would be heresy most foul." 

Furthermore, in his “41 theses for the dissolution of the Virosi Church”, Boniface states that his Holiness, the High Pontiff, has corrupted the church, once more a false teaching, as Church teachings say that the Church may never become corrupted. "James has perverted and allowed the church to become deformed and torn away from its original purpose, to guide, nurture and teach."

Additionally, in his “41 theses for the dissolution of the Virosi Church”, Boniface urges the faithful to turn against the hierarchy of the Church to avoid being damned. This is actively trying to convert the faithful away from the Church and its hierarchies, and proposes falsely that one may be damned for remaining in the Church. "I urge all canonists... for James to step down and allow unity, peace and our original purpose to be brought back to our holy institution lest you be damned for eternity."

I swear the contents of this Summons to be true and accurate to the best of my belief before Godan.

Signed,

Lauritz H. Christiansen

garentoft#1980

JUSTITIA IN PACE

JUSTICE IN PEACE

1st of Sigismund’s End, 1789

1st of Joma and Umund, 342

Dear Lauritz,

I am glad to hear that an old admirer of my work still holds office, this time in the Haenseti courts ensuring that justice prevails and criminals are brought to justice. Naturally I understand it is your duty to bring those to court who you believe have broken the law and I understand your hand was forced in this. I bare you no ill-will and hope that perhaps after this we might still be friends. I will refute the crimes to which you have stated in your summons piece by piece, I understand that I may still be brought to court regardless but I wish to make my position known to the public regarding this. I do not believe that anything written in the forty one theses constitutes heresy or blasphemy nor does it contravene the teachings of the church.

Spoiler

In his response to Fr. Ailred Barclay’s “A Thesis of Favouritism”, Boniface claims that the first Man and Woman did not exist, and did not birth the descendants, in direct contrast to what is stated in the Holy Scrolls. “A male and female of unknown races would have had to give birth to a dwarf, an orc, an elf and a human… I do hope, dear reader, that you can understand the nonsense that Ailred has claimed [that Man and Woman begat the Brothers] and why it is utterly false.”

The first change that you have levelled against me is going against church teachings and doctrines in regard to my writings relating to non-human descendants entering the skies. I wrote that only humans can enter the seven skies due to a misunderstanding of parts of the scripture. I misunderstood and believed that Horen and Julia were the first man and woman, this was something that was taught to me at a very early age: that they were the first coupling. Once I realised my mistake I retracted my writings in a reply to a letter addressed to me, naturally I will write a letter to address very soon to clear this up.

Spoiler

Additionally, in a response to his own “The State of the Church - A letter to the public”, Boniface accuses his Holiness, the High Pontiff, of blasphemy, thus slandering the name of the Church in a public letter. "Unless his Holiness has committed blasphemy and has changed this fundamental oath [of celibacy] to fit his agenda"

The second charge that has been levelled against me is slander of the Holy Canonist Church, one must understand that the Holy Canonist Church is an institution created by GOD, led by fickle mortal men. I did not directly accuse the Pontiff of blasphemy merely that to change accepted precedent and doctrine that had been established for centuries would constitute blasphemy. An insult to a mortal man is not an insult to our institution and values.

Spoiler

In his response to Fr. Ailred Barclay’s “A Thesis of Favouritism”, Boniface once more denies the existence of Man and Woman, the parents of the four descendants. This is spreading false teachings. “A male and female of unknown races would have had to give birth to a dwarf, an orc, an elf and a human… I do hope, dear reader, that you can understand the nonsense that Ailred has claimed[that Man and Woman begat the Brothers] and why it is utterly false.”

As I have stated above this was due to a misunderstanding and misinterpretation of the scrolls and proves that all men are capable of mistakes and misinterpretation and I retracted this as soon as I realised my mistake, unlike some I could mention. 

Spoiler

Additionally, in his response to Fr. Ailred Barclay’s “A Thesis of Favouritism”, Boniface claims that only Humans are granted into the Seven Skies, and that the idea of others being granted entry to the Seven Skies is heretical. Here he is calling a doctrine taught in catechisms and by the rest of the clergy heretical. "To conclude, I reiterate my belief that only humans are granted entry into the seven skies and to deny this truth would be heresy most foul." 

The forth charge you have levelled against me is that I have conducted heresy. The topic of non-humans ascending to the seven skies has been rather a controversial one and I am always open to discussion on this particular subject, however to push the assertion that it is heresy is simply wrong for High Pontiff Daniel III once declared that it was impossible for non-humans to enter the seven skies and based off the Pontiffs statements regarding infallibility, no pontiff can be fallible and what Daniel III said was truth, lest we cast the whole notion of infallibility to the wind, which this charge would do. It is also true that catechisms often change and are fallible so it is wholly unreliable to use this as evidence in court.

Spoiler

Furthermore, in his “41 theses for the dissolution of the Virosi Church”, Boniface states that his Holiness, the High Pontiff, has corrupted the church, once more a false teaching, as Church teachings say that the Church may never become corrupted. "James has perverted and allowed the church to become deformed and torn away from its original purpose, to guide, nurture and teach."

The fifth charge that you have levelled against me that I am going against church teachings where I state that the church has been pulled away from its original purpose. I do wholly believe this to be true. It is true that the church as an institution can not be corrupt for its purpose is clear for all, yet men can be corrupt and misuse the church for their own gains. I ask you dear Lauritz, when was the last time you saw mass being performed in the city of Reza, a very long time I bet and this simply proves that the church is not what it once was, this is due to mortal men not the institution itself.

Spoiler

Additionally, in his “41 theses for the dissolution of the Virosi Church”, Boniface urges the faithful to turn against the hierarchy of the Church to avoid being damned. This is actively trying to convert the faithful away from the Church and its hierarchies, and proposes falsely that one may be damned for remaining in the Church. "I urge all canonists... for James to step down and allow unity, peace and our original purpose to be brought back to our holy institution lest you be damned for eternity."

You have accused me of trying to turn the faithful against the accepted hierarchy of the church and I refute this. I have never once called for schism, anti-pontificates or for the pontiff to be overthrown, only requesting that he resign if he is unable to fix the wrongs that have been done. I urged the faithful to join me in requesting the Pontiff to resign and requesting a pontiff to resign is not going against the church hierarchy nor is it blasphemy or heretical it is a simple request. I do understand the sentence provided can confuse people and that is something I regret, I often fail to pick up these types of errors when proof-reading my missives and for that I can only apologise but I do not mean that the public will be condemned if they did not join me in urging James to resign. I meant that if James is unable to recognise the error of his ways and fix the wrongs done to his church he could be condemned for it, as I believe it to be a grave sin to allow our church to fall into such a disillusioned way.

To conclude, I am happy to see that religion has made its way into the Haensetic laws, better religious laws than the Holy Orenian Empire at that. However I refute all allegations made against me, I hold no ill-will towards you Lauritz and hope that this summons might be retracted for I have disproved the allegations however I understand if you wish to take this to court and look forward to seeing you there.

With kind regards,

Boniface.

Edited by Boniface

Dear Boniface,

After discussions with the Crown, it has been decided that all charges involving your response to “A Thesis on Favouritism” shall be dropped, due to your retraction of it. The other charges shall remain.