A Response

LotsOfMuffins

A Response

R0pLo0gtfUhi31VISOsaq0rxREaEdBhHGfUpVsrGKyrJbra-JyUZhUEJJ8jfYkTbe4LE0BePnJ3wXGXGj2aAfZgTyS3aLP8Ek5gZ1dlBTbxQhuQvgatl9vRZN92tmMzlB1VUxkuk

Hello.

A few days ago, a post was made regarding concerns with my previous behaviour and actions. 

I know I have made mistakes, and to all those who has had a negative experience with me, I am sincerely sorry. I have been an Administrator for almost a year now, and I have my fair share of mistakes and faults during this time. I have taken part in aggressiveness and needlessly allowed my frustration to bleed into my actions when faced with conflict, and as a result, I have hurt people, which is exactly what I’ve been trying to push that others don’t do. That’s why I would like to start this post with an apology to all those that I have wronged, hurt, or upset in any way throughout my entire time on LotC, not just as an Administrator. 

The only way that I can move forward, however, is to continue improving. I love the Community Team, and I love being able to help improve LotC in any way possible. In order to move past my mistakes, I have to keep going and working on improving myself and continuing progress towards my own goals. 

I ask all of you to please read below my personal explanation of events for each person, as they vary. I will not lie; some of these situations, I do not fully understand the opposite side’s point of view. However, I know that I play a part in every one of the situations that occurred. Lastly, if you have any concerns that I do not address or speak about below, I ask that you please send me a message on the forums, and I will reply as soon as possible. 

R0pLo0gtfUhi31VISOsaq0rxREaEdBhHGfUpVsrGKyrJbra-JyUZhUEJJ8jfYkTbe4LE0BePnJ3wXGXGj2aAfZgTyS3aLP8Ek5gZ1dlBTbxQhuQvgatl9vRZN92tmMzlB1VUxkuk

Tigergiri
That is simply my story from my perspective. In terms of my thoughts on the situation, I understand that I was acting out of frustration and should not have forced Tigergiri into a hiatus, removed the manager tag without some sort of explanation or anything, nor tried to convince her to change her name to match the rest of management. This situation was my fault, and I am sorry for allowing this situation to blow up how it did.  

Essentially, Tigergiri was made the Wiki Team manager, management asked her to put emojis in her name to match the rest of ours (mixed jokingly and not), and she refused a few times, it continued, she said something along the lines of, “That’s not very community of you to try to force me to do something without my consent.” This statement is what drove me to remove her manager tag. The causes of the frustration from the statement are that, “That’s not very community of you,” is a phrase often used by people who dislike the CT to ridicule an action performed by a member of it, and another member of management was upset about the use of a consent joke. After this statement was made, Tigergiri’s management tag was removed. It was quiet for a few minutes, then you may refer to Tigergiri’s screenshot for the conversation that occurred next in #wiki-general, the general channel for the Wiki Team. To this, I advised that she go on hiatus to cool off, and then I promptly took her roles and gave her the hiatus tag, which is the procedure for putting someone on hiatus. 

• The fight in the manager chat occurred due to current management wanting her name in chat to match the rest of ours and pushing for her to change her name. 
  • The occurrences in the wiki channel happened due to my continued upsetness at her statement. 

After this, after speaking with another Administrator, Llir, I apologized to Tigergiri, got into VC with her, and apologized again over VC, discussed it with her, then she had to go whilst I was still going so the VC ended there. From there, you can see her response. 

0dg-oLgZhKpinnjY-bF4zjRbwPx7-beOC5CiMGNO0VYDBO3C5K1hZ6jJJOYBto8b39xbPFQKhfAPrJF5DSAN4kAFED97M2EUC6MHHzR_jKaLHU09wKDD6osZihlcLChnoOFqbrk1

Bepto
Bepto was blacklisted due to leaking CT channels. It is a hard policy within the Community Team to remove and blacklist leakers, and as such, I took immediate action. Removal typically suggests a catastrophic reasoning, though that was not the case here. I unfourtunately forgot to inform her immediately following blacklisting her, though when she PM’ed me next, I informed her. It was shortly after WT removal. 

Her primary complaint concerning the CT was that she could not keep up with when the deadlines for things were due to them being too spread apart. However, I inform my team of all deadlines days in advance, and I send reminders throughout. Bepto was one of two team members who received an infraction for missing that deadline. As she spoke in the general channel about the situation, I only commented a few times for clarification; I did not want to cause more fighting. She quit on her own terms. 

After receiving word that she had leaked channels, I filed for Administrative approval to blacklist her from the CT. It was a decision that was not made alone. 

In terms of her WT removal, that was WT management’s decision; I do not have any control over who their members are. It was a decision made by WT management, and its exact reasoning I won’t discuss as to prevent leaking of channels myself. 

I asked her to speak with another Administrator if she had issues due to the fact that I was uncomfortable speaking with her after learning that she rigorously trashed me in discords and in individual’s PM’s. I received a handful of screenshots but decided against doing anything about it other than asking her to direct Administrative matters to another Admin. 

0dg-oLgZhKpinnjY-bF4zjRbwPx7-beOC5CiMGNO0VYDBO3C5K1hZ6jJJOYBto8b39xbPFQKhfAPrJF5DSAN4kAFED97M2EUC6MHHzR_jKaLHU09wKDD6osZihlcLChnoOFqbrk1

Europan
I reported Europan. I did not want to confirm this before in order to avoid further harassment from them, but I am now because of recent events. Harassment bans protect the victim from being disclosed, though I feel it necessary now to reveal this. 

I do not understand where she is getting that I harassed her friends, as I did not. I can only assume the individual she thinks I harassed is Trekwars, which I will gladly share the conversation that was the end of our friendship.

PcYgk9NqvWwYV3c_ow1qK7SGzQWHIWNxnbU6MQuX

Below is a piece of our conversation prior to the above screenshot and a part of the reason we are not friends anymore. The context of this is that I was asked to not be friends with someone, and I refused. 

cOLab6YuGf4YactOeGLp9mwASh67aSO7cT2owY0g

I’d prefer not to share the report on Europan for both of our privacies, though if anyone would like further information, please send me a message on the forums. 

B3LLE
B3LLE was banned for two accounts of pex abuse (stealing gold from a build world, I believe, and griefing a build world) and accepting a banned player’s alt whitelist application knowingly. After the latter, she was also blacklisted from the Community Team. I did not blacklist B3LLE. This was Telanir’s choice.

There was a very long period in which B3LLE was believed to be pxtty_betty, another LotC player, due to a matching timeline of bans and appeals amongst other things (that I will not share due to potential leaking). This was eventually disproven and as such, B3LLE was unbanned. 

In terms of saying that I’d do whatever I could to keep her banned, I don’t recall saying that, and I know I did not tell the Administrators that I was going to do whatever I could to keep her banned; when she appealed, we discussed it, it came down to a unanimous vote. If all others voted for B3LLE to be unbanned, then I would, too. I cannot share more specifics, though that was the case, and eventually, B3LLE was unbanned (and I voted in her favour). 

Muzthag and FunnyHappyHarry
I did not say (nor believe that) “at least the girls enjoy [FunnyHappyHarry]”. Administration did not receive a report for FunnyHappyHarry for some time, though after we did, we acted on it immediately, and one of those actions included FunnyHappyHarry being removed from the CT. 

I met Muzthag in Haelun’or; he played my character’s uncle. We talked a bit in VC’s, though after a player sent me a report on him, I passed it onto Administration. He was removed from the CT and banned immediately. 

Evonpire
A member of the CT leaked something another CT said. Essentially, Evonpire was asked once if it was him (when we asked everyone on the team in PM’s), and he said no. Later, several individuals came to me saying that they believed that it was Evonpire, so I brought him into a group chat with management to ask him, though he said that Armajesty had already PM’ed him about it again (which I was unaware of at the time) and that he felt harassed. He quit the CT shortly after. 

In this case, I apologize that the situation turned to accusations and that it made Evonpire feel as though he was being harassed by the CT management, as that was not the goal. As there was no proof, I should have trusted him, and I am sorry that we did not.

marb121
Very early into my Administrator tenure, I blocked marb121 after learning that he was trashing me and the CT. I unblocked him after we spoke a bit in the settlement chat in the LotC discord, and I haven’t done anything since. I apologize to marb for this; I should not have done that, and I will not in the future.

Blacklisting CT Members for Being in an Ex-CT discord
I do not blacklist people who are in an ex-CT discord. I was informed about this discord a while back, and I was told that it was made in order to trash talk the CT and that there was heavy trash-talking about me, so I was unhappy. However, I did not blacklist anyone in it, nor do I know all the names of people in this discord. I know some, though not all. 

Monk Stacking
This is something that the CT has done for almost a year now, and I don’t believe I’ve actually received any direct complaints about it. It is something that the CT does to have fun and unwind, and it has been made apparent that it is more bothersome than fun; it is something the team did for innocent fun. I apologize that it was disruptive, and I can certainly have the CT mess around solely within Cloud Temple. I wasn’t aware that this was an issue before.

Niya
Niya, as a wandering soul, was banned for racist remarks and PM’ed me (alongside countless others) to PM Qhrist, who at the time, was attempting to jokingly flirt with me. He set his status to “HMU LotsOfMuffins ;)”, had his friends PM me “hey :)” (which was the same thing he PM’ed me), etc. Niya was one of the people who told me to talk to him. Due to being banned for racist remarks and the Qhrist contribution, I decided to deny their Content Creation application.

Before you reply, remember all individuals involved are human. Please temper your reply with maturity and sensitivity, this thread is not the place for strong language and judgement but rather a moment for contemplation and solidarity as a community.

Recent events remind us how important it is to the community that their administrators are consistently professional. We are sorry to let you down and I will be the first to admit that Muffins is not the only individual who's let her guard down and reacted emotionally to interactions on this server.

Starting today, we are switching things up for a bit. Muffins will be acting as a General Administrator and provide routine assistance with admin team management and organization—she will also take this time to reform her leadership practice. In the meantime, I will take charge of the Community staff. Muffins is serious about her dedication to LotC and we know she is very upset to have disappointed you. We hope that after a while, she can return fresh and prepared to take on the CT Admin role from a new perspective.

With that said, as a community we shouldn't fault our staff for being human and we should rather offer mistakes as opportunities to improve. And furthermore, we also understand that accusations regarding the harboring of predatory individuals were baseless and were organized to paint a viler picture than it truly was.

From our year with her, we can feel her investment in LotC and a striking desire to see it succeed. We think that she deserves a chance to prove to you that she can do better, and earn your forgiveness through hard work.

A humorous joke but that aside, please exercise restraint in any underhanded comments that do not contribute to the narrative of the thread or . We understands where frustration may lie but inflammatory comments will be removed post-haste. Please curb comments and leave them to constructive criticism to the matter at hand. Thank you for your understanding

Not it chef. The report on you is justified and your actions were terribly wrong. The blacklisting isn’t primarily towards ex-CT members which I am sure you know what I am talking about. I’m certain that you do have a dedication to the server but you being a community team head or Admin when most of its community have its distaste for you doesn’t suit well to me. Currently the report on you has 166 upvotes, that number is the amount of active players we get on the server. This isn’t me @’ing at anyone just stating my own opinion on this whole debacle. 

20 minutes ago, Telanir said:

Before you reply, remember all individuals involved are human. Please temper your reply with maturity and sensitivity, this thread is not the place for strong language and judgement but rather a moment for contemplation and solidarity as a community.

Recent events remind us how important it is to the community that their administrators are consistently professional. We are sorry to let you down and I will be the first to admit that Muffins is not the only individual who's let her guard down and reacted emotionally to interactions on this server.

Starting today, we are switching things up for a bit. Muffins will be acting as a General Administrator and provide routine assistance with admin team management and organization—she will also take this time to reform her leadership practice. In the meantime, I will take charge of the Community staff. Muffins is serious about her dedication to LotC and we know she is very upset to have disappointed you. We hope that after a while, she can return fresh and prepared to take on the CT Admin role from a new perspective.

With that said, as a community we shouldn't fault our staff for being human and we should rather offer mistakes as opportunities to improve. And furthermore, we also understand that accusations regarding the harboring of predatory individuals were baseless and were organized to paint a viler picture than it truly was.

From our year with her, we can feel her investment in LotC and a striking desire to see it succeed. We think that she deserves a chance to prove to you that she can do better, and earn your forgiveness through hard work.

It’s not often we see eye to eye Telanir. I’m happy to see how you’ve decided to go about this and not let the slander (just to be clear, I don’t think all points brought up against Muffins were bad, some IMO were valid) affect your judgement.

I believe Muffins genuinely cares about the server and does what she does as an admin with the primary intention of improving the server.

2020-04-29_22.02.38.png

Here’s a screenshot from however many months ago of Muffins helping me with a hacker after no moderator would. I tried contacting them all and they ignored me, she didn’t. Thanks to her Funnysas12 was banned for hacking and later found to be an alt account of a banned player. I know that normally you’re suppose to put up a modreq but in certain situations time is of the essence, Muffins understood that. I don’t think I ever thanked you for this Muffins, so thank you, I appreciate what you did for me. 

---

2020-05-01_23.53.44.png

Here’s another screenshot of Muffins helping me with a situation that took over 2 hours to resolve. No moderator would take my modreq that I had put out (10+ minutes of no response) and I messaged her about it. She took it right away. I wasn’t happy with her verdict then, but looking back now she handled the situation professionally and probably made the right choice. I know I didn’t thank you for helping me out here Muffins, on purpose. I’m sorry for that, it was rude of me especially after you took the time out of your day to help me. Thank you.

---

I look forward to seeing you still as an admin on the server.

Telanir, just remember that writing big ol’ important sounding threads with lofty goals, then locking the thread and making no tangible steps towards said goals isn’t going to solve the problems of the server. The Road to 500 looked cool and all, but so far we’ve been making almost no progress towards that goal, perhaps even negative progress.

I agree with the other people on this thread. Telanir is not fit to manage the community team, and cannot handle community problems. I hope that it’s just temporary and a better fit will be found soon, otherwise it won’t end well for the server.

Telanir – I like your takes, but this is a really, really bad one. Muffins shouldn’t be a community admin, nor should you. You’re impossible to talk with. Admins in general are. There’s 0 sense of community we have with you. You’re gated behind fake doors and restrictions, messages have to pass through like 3 channels to even get to you, if they do at all. This is a really bad move. Why don’t you choose someone who’s very integrated with the community and actually... talks to people instead of you? I get that you have to distance yourself from LOTC to avoid politiking/favouritism, but.. like. Bruh.

Bruh

I’m completely uninvolved in this, but y’know what? I’ma add my two cents anyway. 

Professionalism appears like it’s lacking on the staff team. Now, as I understand it, LoTC staff are unpaid volunteers essentially. They do the work out of love for the server. That’s all well and good... but it also means that they might lack the skills needed to manage a community of this size and complexity. 

LoTC is a huge, complex place. It’s not a dinky little friends-only server in some quiet corner of the internet. I daresay it’s probably one of the most well-known MCRP servers around. It’s a big community with people from all over the globe. Staff members – admins especially – need to have real management skills and professionalism skills to be able to handle that kind of responsibility.

Not everyone has those skills. I certainly don’t and that’s why I don’t apply to staff positions. Lmao no responsibility for me, thanks.

Certain reforms I would propose – 

1. Only accept staff members who are over the age of 18... and ideally in the 20+ age range. I don’t know how old Muffins is. But I know there are a lot of people on staff who are teenagers. Even very young teenagers. To be honest, I don’t think that’s responsible practice. Teenagers are still developing in terms of maturity and handling their emotions. To run a server of this scale, you need adults. Some of the Muffins drama is honestly... kind of high school. It reeks of immaturity and an inability to remain professional in emotional situations.
  2. Staff members should have demonstrable experience in management, running projects, and handling communities. Whether that experience is on a volunteer or professional basis, they need to prove they know what they’re doing and they can handle the authority. 

That’s just my two cents to cut down on drama and unprofessionalism on staff.

Muffins, this isn’t necessarily directed at you. We’ve not met OOC or roleplayed, so I don’t have much of an opinion about you. I’m just speaking in general in response to some of what’s happened.

I wish you the best and I hope you work on your leadership skills so you can resume your role in the community.

Terribly sorry that I have to say this 

But I agree with many people on this thread. This is not a direct attack or something but this is me carefully stating my opinion. As much as Muffins might not have been the most professional at handling certain aspects of being an administrator but the one thing she did properly manage was her knowledge of the community. She is probably the most active admin out of all of you and the most connected with the lot of us, albeit it not always be in a positive way

Such is simply lacking right now with your position, Telanir. I’m sure you have actual duties of bringing bread on the table, providing for yourself or others, and pretty sure this is the case of your inconsistent activity. And that’s not a bad thing, but community admin is really a position where being active is a key part of it. Only an active one knows what the community needs. Muffins did this and she might not be flawless, but she still did so. Tutorial island is exactly something we needed and the many projects made were to advance for the community. I can’t stress this fact enough

Don’t take this the wrong way but I think it is truly for the better if someone else takes the position of Community Admin, someone who has been on the team for a while or at least someone with experience

Edited by chaosgamer_

Muffins,

I've heard accounts of you trashing myself and other people in dms, and vcs. Talking about how I single handedly did this is hypocrisy. Im very open with how I feel about your leadership, and I have never said anything about you that is drastic. I care about everyone I meet no matter how much I dislike them, and I only dislike you for how you have treated me before. Before that we were friends up until I felt as if you quite literally bullied me out of CT. You're not a bad person, just a bad leader when it comes to staff. I understand your dedication to the server but you need to focus on ooc things and working on yourself before you can ever take a staff position- and j know this first hand from talking to a few moderators about my attitude, etc. im very open about my mistakes and I've said before that once I realize I messed up I immediately go out of my way to fix it most times. The report was meant to bring light to things that players wanted to show you've been doing and done. the report was supposed to be private initially as most people know- but we went public with it after. It was supposed to be up for a short period of time, but it was left up because of how the responses where. I was asked to help with this report after venting in the retirement discord about how I felt about how you treated me. There is alot I want to say, and I most likely will make my own post about this situation because there have been rumors about how I threatened someone recently because they defended themselves, which are untrue. You just need to learn to work on yourself and not let your emotions bleed into your staff work, which you called yourself out on. I have no problems with you, but the way I've heard ex community team members and players talk about how you've treated them is what bothers me. I care about the players of the server more than anything because LOTC is an escape for them from their OOC problems, and being treated like absolute garbage on the place that they want to escape to is not okay, and makes them want to quit. You never apologized to me for the way you treated me, and you let your other managers say things to me in front of you. I think Telanir taking the team for now will be good for you, but I dont believe that being the community admin is the right position for you, and I am not saying you shouldn't be staff in general, but maybe a different position would be best for you. I dont want to feel like I cant say things without you getting upset over it because I'm no longer going to be hiding how I feel about this situation. I've been tiptoeing over things but this is how I feel about this situation.  I do not believe you should be attacked by people but I also don't believe that you should be taking to heart things that happen on a minecraft server (which is hypocrite of me to say because I've done this way too often), but I would like an apology. You blacklisted me for leaking a CT channel to another staff member, and because I was drunk and venting about how upset I was to this said person. I understand your feelings when the report dropped initially. You also didn't remove me from community team, I quit after I felt like you were bullying me in the staff chats. As I said, I may make a post so that I can type more. I havent decided yet. 

(Edit) Also why haven't you commented on the countless things other players have said minus the initial report?

33 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Telanir – I like your takes, but this is a really, really bad one. Muffins shouldn’t be a community admin, nor should you. You’re impossible to talk with. Admins in general are. There’s 0 sense of community we have with you. You’re gated behind fake doors and restrictions, messages have to pass through like 3 channels to even get to you, if they do at all. This is a really bad move. Why don’t you choose someone who’s very integrated with the community and actually... talks to people instead of you? I get that you have to distance yourself from LOTC to avoid politiking/favouritism, but.. like. Bruh.

Bruh

Telanir is one of the admins that actually does respond though- hes helped me with multiple things in the past, although he doesn't run his on team as far as im aware - I feel as if he could do some good with the community team.

22 minutes ago, Urara said:

Only accept staff members who are over the age of 18... and ideally in the 20+ age range. I don’t know how old Muffins is. But I know there are a lot of people on staff who are teenagers. Even very young teenagers. To be honest, I don’t think that’s responsible practice. Teenagers are still developing in terms of maturity and handling their emotions. To run a server of this scale, you need adults. Some of the Muffins drama is honestly... kind of high school. It reeks of immaturity and an inability to remain professional in emotional situations.

While I do think someone in Muffins’ position (that is, an administrative one) should definitely be over the age of eighteen, I do not think making that a defined rule for staff in general is a good idea. Although, this is just my opinion, and it is something for the admins of their respective teams to think out. After all, not all staff teams are the same, and likewise- not all people are the same. I’ve met people on the server who are under eighteen who are more mature than the ‘adults’ of this server. It’s a fickle thing that shouldn’t define someone’s character and morals.