A Response

LotsOfMuffins

Hello marb here

This is without a doubt one of the worst possible outcomes of this report. I was not involved in the making of it, but I still wanted to see it bring forward results that would push the Cteam in a better direction. This is not it. The team is in desperate need of change, not a disconnected admin who is only active for a few months, every few months. I have quite a few concerns with this, which I will list below!

1. Can you actually guarantee you will be active this time? And not for a few months, but consistent activity. Will you roleplay on LOTC, will you actively get to know the community and even interact with players you don’t like when you have to? These are things I highly doubt you will do Telanir, as has been shown during the past few months.

2. You have only very recently become active again, which leaves me to think that there is already a giant gap between you and your own staff team. Do you know the players on the roster, do you know your managers and do you know how they work and what they want to do with the team going forward?

3. This is not the first time you have done this. There was an awfully similar situation when you took up the position of Community Admin to bridge the gap between TarreBear and LotsOfMuffins. You were god awful at it. You took to removing around 7 members of the team for “inactivity” while you were forcing your staff downsizing plan upon the team. This is horribly hypocritical from an admin who doesn’t even play on the server.

4. Why are you getting involved in this again? You specifically stepped down because of reasons similar to those I already listed above. What will change? If LotsOfMuffins take up the position again afterwards, what will actually change? I like to be positive and believe in the good of people but I highly doubt much of anything will change.

I feel like not enough was adressed here, and that this was just a “get out of jail for free” card handed to you Muffins. Why is it that this entire response was based on “the good will of Muffins” and only that? Why were actual concerns of the community as a whole not tackled here? Will we actually see change and will the team actually improve? Highly doubt that under either of you two, and I do not mean that as an attack towards you as people, but you as admins. This changes nothing and makes it feel like the entire report was swept under the rug. A lot of points were not adressed and the easiest ones were taken out to respond to instead. It is extremely easy to apologize and then step back from the cteam but will actual change happen? I highly doubt that.

Adressing the personal apologies below, as I like having an opinion on things.

1 hour ago, LotsOfMuffins said:

I met Muzthag in Haelun’or; he played my character’s uncle. We talked a bit in VC’s, though after a player sent me a report on him, I passed it onto Administration. He was removed from the CT and banned immediately.

This is something I don’t think you should be blamed for. The was he was accepted into the Cteam was in my opinion a bit sketchy, but I do believe it is unfair to blame you for the inappropriate **** he had done, you could not have known and acted appropriatly afterwards. I don’t think the report section that spoke about this was valid.

Evonpire

I’m very glad you apologized for this one Muffins. I was also dragged into this situation and was in turn interrogated for it, I still believe it was utterly disgusting how this was handled but I am very glad you are admitting your wrongs and apologized to Evon for this.

Blacklisting CT Members for Being in an Ex-CT discord
I do not blacklist people who are in an ex-CT discord. I was informed about this discord a while back, and I was told that it was made in order to trash talk the CT and that there was heavy trash-talking about me, so I was unhappy. However, I did not blacklist anyone in it, nor do I know all the names of people in this discord. I know some, though not all. 

We never saw solid evidence for this, and it was merely brought up by an ex-ct member in our chat. Now I do want to tell you that that is not the reason why the chat was made, at all. It was simply a chat for older and newer ex-ct people to chat up. If you put a bunch of ex staff members in a discord of course they are going to talk bad about your team and how it is being managed. Do we do it? Of course, I’d be lying if I said 

that didn’t happen.

marb121
Very early into my Administrator tenure, I blocked marb121 after learning that he was trashing me and the CT. I unblocked him after we spoke a bit in the settlement chat in the LotC discord, and I haven’t done anything since. I apologize to marb for this; I should not have done that, and I will not in the future.

You did that multiple times, I was removed by you on multiple occasions for no clear reasons and had to ask to be re-added even when I just wanted to talk to you about a player report or staff feedback for your team. That was not the last time you removed/blocked me, it was actually the first. It’s an awful way to handle critism and even though that specific case was early into your tenure it was not the last time you did similar things to other players at all. You have become notorious for blocking people speaking out against you. Again, this is not an attack but I simply wanted to adress that.

Some parts of the report I disagreed with, but that does not change the fact I strongly disagree with the outcome. I don’t trust any change to come from this and I don’t trust Telanir to lead the team, judging by his past attitude and the way he has lead the team before.

2 minutes ago, HauntedHalcyon said:

While I do think someone in Muffins’ position (that is, an administrative one) should definitely be over the age of eighteen, I do not think making that a defined rule for staff in general is a good idea. Although, this is just my opinion, and it is something for the admins of their respective teams to think out. After all, not all staff teams are the same, and likewise- not all people are the same. I’ve met people on the server who are under eighteen who are more mature than the ‘adults’ of this server. It’s a fickle thing that shouldn’t define someone’s character and morals. 

Admins are often exposed to content a minor should not be allowed to see. Keep in mind the bad harassment and misconduct reports go to the administration, so having them as minors is in my opinion downright wrong. Minors should not be exposed to some of the **** that gets reported on here.

That is all, bye

Not so much to do with the whole muffin’s scenario cause I’ve had no interactions with them so I can’t judge but in regards to Telanir becoming head of the community team. Why does an admin even need to head the community team, the AT worked fine for years without an admin lead (admittedly it was often a GM or someone from moderation but often they were a part of the AT or had been on the team at some point or other). I am aware the community team has more responsibilities and duties but essentially the bulk is the same. In short, shouldn’t the best suited person for the job get the job? Not make an admin head a team they don’t know all that well just because they are an admin.

14 minutes ago, HauntedHalcyon said:

While I do think someone in Muffins’ position (that is, an administrative one) should definitely be over the age of eighteen, I do not think making that a defined rule for staff in general is a good idea. Although, this is just my opinion, and it is something for the admins of their respective teams to think out. After all, not all staff teams are the same, and likewise- not all people are the same. I’ve met people on the server who are under eighteen who are more mature than the ‘adults’ of this server. It’s a fickle thing that shouldn’t define someone’s character and morals. 

I’m not saying as a blanket rule that ALL adults are more mature than ALL teenagers.

However, as a rule of thumb, you will find that a lot of adults have more life experience and will be better equipped to handle tense, emotional situations than most teenagers. It’s not 100% true all of the time. There are bad adults. There are stupid adults. There are moody adults. There are manipulative adults.

I’m just suggesting that the selection process for staff needs to be more rigorous and have higher standards to ensure professional, high-quality conduct from its members. That’s what is necessary for the community to thrive.

My hope is for the LOTC staff to be composed of even-keeled individuals with high standards for their behavior. No, they don’t have to be robots. Everyone gets emotional, tense, and stressed out from time to time. The difference is that a mature person can step away, decompress, distance themselves, and assess the situation in a reasonable manner once the bad mood’s worn off. Handling your feelings is a skill that is learned with time and practice.

It’s something that I – as a 27 year old definitely-adult woman – still deal with. I recently had to leave the Helena discord because I knew I was in a rotten mood due to OOC stuff and I needed some distance so I wouldn’t be toxic. It’s hard.

And I think it’s more reasonable to expect high-quality conduct from adults, whose brains have fully matured and finished growing, than teens who are still in their development.

Also, as marb said, staff are sometimes in positions where they’re called on to handle very bad, ugly situations that might involve acts of predatory abuse and behavior. We do not want to expose young minds to harmful or disturbing content. That’s not how we protect our young players.

4 minutes ago, Luminaire said:

Admins are often exposed to content a minor should not be allowed to see. Keep in mind the bad harassment and misconduct reports go to the administration, so having them as minors is in my opinion downright wrong. Minors should not be exposed to some of the **** that gets reported on here.

2 minutes ago, Urara said:

I’m not saying as a blanket rule that ALL adults are more mature than ALL teenagers.

I agree with you, Luminaire. Though, that’s why I agreed with Urara in regards to those in an administrative position to be over eighteen, and that is why I think the admins of their respective teams should think this over. As, given what the server as seen in the past, it’s necessary. Especially with people who take reports in the first place, like moderation.

Urara, I am not saying that either. I simply thought the very black-and-white rule of all staff teams having this limit was a bad idea, as not all staff  teams are the same. Therefore, your suggestion- not you-  implies a blanket rule.
However, I agree with what you say. Different people, different strokes; not everyone is the same. I do agree that staff must always be rigorous in their decision-making, but I do also think that they are working with what they have got. 

Although, this is deviating from Muffins’ statement so I’ll stop there. Thanks for the response Lumi, and I hope you feel better regarding that whole Helena thing, Urara. 

I encourage this brief switching-up of the helm and hope it’s a pivot towards a stronger and more cohesive team. There is a good future ahead, but it is now time to take the first few steps to getting to it.

@LotsOfMuffins

Muffins as much as i admire your reposomnce. You cant just nitpick what was in the report. Granted some things you didnt see (and the public) but that doesnt mean you can nitpick what was said. You cant apologize to some people and not all so for your convenience I shall Link each one if it has a link.  Beacsue some of the people dont desevre to be blanketed by a post that didnt even go over them. 

Lets talk:

Voops comment and the pex abuse would you like to talk about this?

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?tab=comments#comment-1800260 Overstepping your bounds and doing this? and causing a significant problem Imsure you saw this as you had seen Belles comment which was way after? Do you have nothing to say for this? adding Zach in here cause it was in direct relation:https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800300

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800433

Meteordragon: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800276 Blocking him while he was still staff? He still needed you, and you denied him that. As a general admin, you can't just block people who need you. 

Alexa: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800300 For giving a plus one on an app? This is in the thread. So im not sure why you won't address it. 

Keldrith, macklunkey and kaelan. Which talk about this entire situation which would be understandable if you had a defence, but you chose not to address any of it. https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800372

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-1800329

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800390

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800442

Korvic and the librarian:  Both talk about how you assert dominance, over other staff. https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800345 https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800264

Marb  You talk about marb but you fail to mention this, https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800374. why can your past team do this but other players cant? You go above the rules but don't allow the same for the player base your represent. 

Flemishsupremancy & Callum:  who came for you for help but nothing?https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800383 

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800403

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800406

not to mention they talk about the Callum ban and as I look back on it. There some truth to that. You wanted him banned. And im sorry for how that went cause if I knew I wouldn't have lifted a finger. 

Cal: Coming to me over a VC you had with cal and trying to force something. I had to remind you you are an admin. On several occasions or you could go to me or his admin. I did talk to cal that day. But coming to me and saying your very bias is somewhat wrong don't you think? 

Cheezy_garlick: is there a reason you took his role away or? Just not going to say anything on that?

for all the people blacked out that weren't addressed.: Ct that were generally scared of how you might react to their behaviour. They were frightened what does tell you any comment?

You were caught bragging about a blackmail folder in a ct VC? Isn't that just not ok? Last time that was even talked or a similar case about

Every individual was banned—searched in their computer for it. It is not a good look. 

The entire alt situation, I remember you were explicitly told not to touch that by several managers at the time. You didn't even check even though you knew the player was banned. There is a way to check if someone is who they say they are. Did you do any of that no. you waited and for some of the mods are still waiting for that verifications to this day. 

So Muffins would you like to talk about these? because sending you a forum message for something that was already talked about in 7 pages of thread and in 42 pages in a document. Probably not the best place to avoid. 

I admired you for responding after your short hiatus. And I am sorry for the way things have happened. But in all honesty, I am not going to be happy until I know as a general admin your not touching ct things unless necessary. General admin is what Telanir was currently equal in status and helps out in every team. I am afraid I have to disagree with this mostly because muffins yourself you were already 'helping' with every team even if you didn't have to or people told you not too. It's not a good taste and its an ok temp plan for now. But only temporary, if anything! I've had people come up to me about what should be done here and there. Many outcomes were thought of but, this? in no way shape or form is this. What we wanted, Telanir is perfectly fine being intermed community admin. I've seen him do it twice I under him once nothing blew up. For the people doubting it, you'll be fine for now I promise nothing will blow up. But muffins you should either step down and work on the community as a member and let someone else take the reigns for now. or enjoy the server and take a full break. 

7 minutes ago, Tigergiri said:

@LotsOfMuffins

But muffins you should either step down and work on the community as a member and let someone else take the reigns for now. or enjoy the server and take a full break. 

I just wanted to work on monks man, because I know far more than you ever will about the group. Shutting me out from something I partially created and made what it is today, has made me resent you not only as a person but an administrator as well, not to mention all the manipulation and drama you caused me back when you first joined the server. People with terrible social skills, and people who hold grudges forever, shouldn’t be an Admin that has control over many other people and their experiences. Clearly it wasn’t just me who has had a terrible time because of you. There are many many people, far too many I should add, who have come out against your personality and quality of management. I will have lost all faith in this server if you are not removed from your position, especially after such an outcry from the community for your removal. 

2 hours ago, Telanir said:

Before you reply, remember all individuals involved are human. Please temper your reply with maturity and sensitivity, this thread is not the place for strong language and judgement but rather a moment for contemplation and solidarity as a community.

Recent events remind us how important it is to the community that their administrators are consistently professional. We are sorry to let you down and I will be the first to admit that Muffins is not the only individual who's let her guard down and reacted emotionally to interactions on this server.

Starting today, we are switching things up for a bit. Muffins will be acting as a General Administrator and provide routine assistance with admin team management and organization—she will also take this time to reform her leadership practice. In the meantime, I will take charge of the Community staff. Muffins is serious about her dedication to LotC and we know she is very upset to have disappointed you. We hope that after a while, she can return fresh and prepared to take on the CT Admin role from a new perspective.

With that said, as a community we shouldn't fault our staff for being human and we should rather offer mistakes as opportunities to improve. And furthermore, we also understand that accusations regarding the harboring of predatory individuals were baseless and were organized to paint a viler picture than it truly was.

From our year with her, we can feel her investment in LotC and a striking desire to see it succeed. We think that she deserves a chance to prove to you that she can do better, and earn your forgiveness through hard work.

Telanir, I know that you are trying your best to do what you think is best but I ask you kindly consider for a moment if this behavior had occurred with any Manager or any general Staff member.

If any member of Staff committed these actions they would have been removed from the Staff Team immediately and more than likely blacklisted for their actions. This is an Administrator who should be held to a higher standard than the rest of the Staff Team. Why does she a pass for behavior that a majority of us would not?

In my personal perspective, LotsOfMuffins only now cares about her behavior because there is a massive thread and an outcry of the community against her. She did not care to handle my situation like a proper Administrator, and she did not handle the multitude of other situations like a proper Administrator. I’m all for you being the stand-in, at least things will be better in that section of the Staff Team, but to the Administration reading this – please consider the fact that none of us players or lower ranking Staff members would get away with such behavior.

Thank you.

I avoided commenting on the original report because anything I could’ve said wouldn’t have added anything other than needless chatter, but I’m going to take this time to put in my own opinion. 

As someone who was briefly a member of the Wiki Team, I was around Muffins some, and as someone who attempts to stay active in the community, I have occasional conversations with her, or witness other’s conversations. I can say I don’t feel I have been personally mistreated by Muffins in any way beyond a slight bit of attitude, but I can also say I have seen friends and people I care about have interactions with her that have been rather sub-par. 

I feel the administration are doing the right thing in trying to help Muffins learn from the situation and grow, because someone with that much commitment to the server truly does deserve a chance to redeem themselves, but it is being done the wrong way. Instead moving her to a different position within the Administration team, she should’ve been given a period of “forced hiatus”, in which one of the community managers would step up to take her position while she temporarily works on her attitude and finds ways to remove some of the stress that has been placed on her. Replacing her with someone who IMO is somewhat disconnected from the community, isn’t a good idea, the person leading the team should be someone who knows the community. With the current plan, More weight will be placed on the Community managers, or Muffins will end up working on everything backstage, which completely ruins the reason for the change.

1 hour ago, Urara said:

Only accept staff members who are over the age of 18... and ideally in the 20+ age range. I don’t know how old Muffins is. But I know there are a lot of people on staff who are teenagers. Even very young teenagers. To be honest, I don’t think that’s responsible practice. Teenagers are still developing in terms of maturity and handling their emotions. To run a server of this scale, you need adults. Some of the Muffins drama is honestly... kind of high school. It reeks of immaturity and an inability to remain professional in emotional situations.

This is a great way to fix some of the issues, but my reasoning behind it is completely different from yours. Mods, Managers, and Admins are exposed to some disturbing things while doing their job, that anyone under the age of 18 shouldn’t see(Things like Grooming, Pedophilia, Sexual harassments, and ERP). By having anyone under the age of 18 in these positions, you are either exposing them to things that they shouldn’t see(and showing them some of the stuff would be illegal), or you are limiting what they can do, placing more stress on other members of the Team.

9 minutes ago, anarchophiliac said:

Do the right thing and resign I imagine you’ll be blacklisted from the community otherwise

1 hour ago, Valaryon said:

Telanir, I know that you are trying your best to do what you think is best but I ask you kindly consider for a moment if this behavior had occurred with any Manager or any general Staff member.

If any member of Staff committed these actions they would have been removed from the Staff Team immediately and more than likely blacklisted for their actions. This is an Administrator who should be held to a higher standard than the rest of the Staff Team. Why does she a pass for behavior that a majority of us would not?

In my personal perspective, LotsOfMuffins only now cares about her behavior because there is a massive thread and an outcry of the community against her. She did not care to handle my situation like a proper Administrator, and she did not handle the multitude of other situations like a proper Administrator. I’m all for you being the stand-in, at least things will be better in that section of the Staff Team, but to the Administration reading this – please consider the fact that none of us players or lower ranking Staff members would get away with such behavior.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Tigergiri said:

@LotsOfMuffins

Muffins as much as i admire your reposomnce. You cant just nitpick what was in the report. Granted some things you didnt see (and the public) but that doesnt mean you can nitpick what was said. You cant apologize to some people and not all so for your convenience I shall Link each one if it has a link.  Beacsue some of the people dont desevre to be blanketed by a post that didnt even go over them. 

Lets talk:

Voops comment and the pex abuse would you like to talk about this?

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?tab=comments#comment-1800260 Overstepping your bounds and doing this? and causing a significant problem Imsure you saw this as you had seen Belles comment which was way after? Do you have nothing to say for this? adding Zach in here cause it was in direct relation:https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800300

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800433

Meteordragon: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800276 Blocking him while he was still staff? He still needed you, and you denied him that. As a general admin, you can't just block people who need you. 

Alexa: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800300 For giving a plus one on an app? This is in the thread. So im not sure why you won't address it. 

Keldrith, macklunkey and kaelan. Which talk about this entire situation which would be understandable if you had a defence, but you chose not to address any of it. https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800372

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-1800329

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800390

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800442

Korvic and the librarian:  Both talk about how you assert dominance, over other staff. https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800345 https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800264

Marb  You talk about marb but you fail to mention this, https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800374. why can your past team do this but other players cant? You go above the rules but don't allow the same for the player base your represent. 

Flemishsupremancy & Callum:  who came for you for help but nothing?https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800383 

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800403

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/195665-the-muffins-report/?do=findComment&comment=1800406

not to mention they talk about the Callum ban and as I look back on it. There some truth to that. You wanted him banned. And im sorry for how that went cause if I knew I wouldn't have lifted a finger. 

Cal: Coming to me over a VC you had with cal and trying to force something. I had to remind you you are an admin. On several occasions or you could go to me or his admin. I did talk to cal that day. But coming to me and saying your very bias is somewhat wrong don't you think? 

Cheezy_garlick: is there a reason you took his role away or? Just not going to say anything on that?

for all the people blacked out that weren't addressed.: Ct that were generally scared of how you might react to their behaviour. They were frightened what does tell you any comment?

You were caught bragging about a blackmail folder in a ct VC? Isn't that just not ok? Last time that was even talked or a similar case about

Every individual was banned—searched in their computer for it. It is not a good look. 

The entire alt situation, I remember you were explicitly told not to touch that by several managers at the time. You didn't even check even though you knew the player was banned. There is a way to check if someone is who they say they are. Did you do any of that no. you waited and for some of the mods are still waiting for that verifications to this day. 

So Muffins would you like to talk about these? because sending you a forum message for something that was already talked about in 7 pages of thread and in 42 pages in a document. Probably not the best place to avoid. 

I admired you for responding after your short hiatus. And I am sorry for the way things have happened. But in all honesty, I am not going to be happy until I know as a general admin your not touching ct things unless necessary. General admin is what Telanir was currently equal in status and helps out in every team. I am afraid I have to disagree with this mostly because muffins yourself you were already 'helping' with every team even if you didn't have to or people told you not too. It's not a good taste and its an ok temp plan for now. But only temporary, if anything! I've had people come up to me about what should be done here and there. Many outcomes were thought of but, this? in no way shape or form is this. What we wanted, Telanir is perfectly fine being intermed community admin. I've seen him do it twice I under him once nothing blew up. For the people doubting it, you'll be fine for now I promise nothing will blow up. But muffins you should either step down and work on the community as a member and let someone else take the reigns for now. or enjoy the server and take a full break. 

First quote: Keeping her admin will lead to more backlash, which i 100% agree will happen.

Quote 2: I agree with this because any other staff that did these type of things would have been immediately taken off of staff, and not been given leeway and any type of chance, which is should happen here because this isn't the first time shes done this - everyone was too afraid of her to step forwards.

Quote 3: I myself as well as most of the others you did not apologize to, I want to see you apologize to EVERYONE and not pick specific people.

I also realized that your post apology is almost the same as your comment on the report - minus the actual parts where you finally acknowledge that you have made errors which, you only apologized and "realized your errors" when a good portion of the community commented on the report post.

Hi, @Telanir

I frankly think that this was one of the worst decisions that could have been taken to resolve this situation regarding Muffins. While I do not hold any opinions of Muffins as an admin, because of a lack of interaction with myself and her, I think you are completely unsuited for the task of your current status as an Administrator, let alone Community Admin.

Frankly, Max, you’ve been just sitting on the Admin position for many years now, and I think you just ran out of drive and willpower to keep LOTC going. The only reason you cling to LOTC is because you have this sort of nostalgic feel for the server, and don’t want to abandon it to be taken under some new management. Or either you are some sort Heimdall-esque gatekeeper. You often do not play on the server that you operate, and do not experience the issues that the average LOTC’er experiences first-hand. I mean, what is the point of gatekeeping for LOTC that you seem to be doing, without really being invested in the community or the server’s wellbeing? I’ve been on this server for a year, and I’ve never seen you actually play on the server properly. If you were a normal player, I’d not recognise you at all, despite being able to recognise people from different communities that I’ve never talked to as ‘active’. With this level of disconnect to the community, it baffles me as to why you’d take this decision. Just ignoring the thread would even have been a better call at this stage.

There is a reason why you are known as the ‘Admin who only responds to e-mail’

Edited by MadOne

3 hours ago, Valaryon said:

This. This is exactly what I think about the situation. I was involved in a scandal that did not gain the attention of almost every player in the community while I was FM Director in 2018 before these staff changes came along. I was advised to step down and thought about it for a couple of hours. My at the time, 17 year old brain, was able to piece together that I should not be in a high-level staff position if multiple people were speaking out against me. So, I resigned and stayed on Staff as the WT Manager. Do I believe that if I would not have resigned, I would have been let go? A b s o l u t e l y. If I was held to that standard, as the Director of a team, why should an Admin-- someone who serves in somewhat the same purpose, though has widened responsibilities, not be? When I resigned, I was told that the “good ones always come back” by the Operations Admin at the time (A snippet of our conversation: https://prntscr.com/uysu29), but sometimes the community needs to deal with their thoughts and learn to forgive you as a person before you can be trusted with that power again. I will also throw into the ring that the scandal that I faced was based on my admittedly dumb iteration of something about a once member of our community, two years prior to me being on the Staff team. It was not current, and I apologized. This is current, this is big, and this needs to be dealt with.

To LotsOfMuffins, I know that your hand is not being forced and likely will not be, but almost 200 people are indirectly calling for your resignation. That means something.

To the Administration, please do the right thing and offer fair treatment across the board. 

~Lovingly,

Chorale

Telanir, the person who everyone called to be demoted a while back is now in charge of the community team despite being “demoted” to focus on development...

I specifically recall the time when Telenir was the CT admin for a while. Please dont curse them again like this, dude. It wasnt a good time

Edited by MeteorDragon