A Response

LotsOfMuffins

Lol not on the server anymore but came back to see this and: Wow.

It’s a minecraft server. Worst case scenario, Telanir does a bad job and he finds someone to replace himself. Telanir isn’t that bad of a guy; he’s just a busy guy. I’m sure being in a position that forces him to engage with the community will allow him more time to engage with the community and become more available. Admins have busy jobs, and with twenty plus pms a day on top of irl and admin duties, it’s difficult to get back to every single comment made in the dms. Either this gets Telanir to be more available, or nothing changes. Not much of a possible negative, really.

Best of luck to both Muffins and Telanir. ****’s hectic all over the place, irl and online, and I’m certain they’ll at least try to do their best. Again, the worst thing that could happen is they just aren’t great and have to find replacements or switch places again. It’s not like anyone’s personas or lore is at stake.

Just calm down and go with the flow

after all the things that have been said, all the evidence was given and everything that happened, i must admit i’ve never been so impressed...

Nothing personal but i think that if there’s going to be no bans since staff has a “get out of jail card” called staff blacklist, but I dont think Muffins should be in ANY leadership position at all, its nothing really personal cos my interactions with muffins before i stopped playing on the server were “hmmmm ok¿”

You know, I’ve come to realise across the years that you dont necessarily need to be in a leadership position to do a good job. There’s pretty easy ways to harrass staff and get what you want to do done if its within the server’s common best interest and you can hold them accountable on the forums if they go innactive unless they are an innactive admin that never lets go of the cargo and only gets kicked out because he’s a pedophile...

being in a leadership position helps a lot if you have the right goals in mind, but if you’re incapable of doing it, why not be the leader’s sidekick and do a very good job?

I’ve helped a lot of players joining the server just because i wanted to, but I dont need a blue tag for that, it’d just hinder my dissing anti-racist powers because i need to keep appearances outside of voice since in voice people aren’t always recording but IG there’s logs... 🙂 

Damn, i’ve seen so many people do very fucked up **** that harmed entire playerbases or even the server across all these years and only get kicked from staff while this mittosaurus @Heero got permanently banned for a year for sharing account...?

DUDE, I dont really know, the treatment to each case feels completely biased, remember mystery getting cucked for the Anthos event? Even tho he got invited back after being kicked out and permabanned, he made the entire playerbase have a really good time and became a national hero...

Now you harrass players, deny them chances to be apart of the staff and performs poorly, the entire playerbase goes against you but jackshit happens??????

dude...

This is sorta ridiculous. Muffins, literally every interaction I’ve had with you, you were either rude or dismissive and I’m willing to bet you don’t even know who I am. 

One case in particular involved issues with the tavern in Helena.

Prior to the huge renovation that added rooms for rent to the tavern, @MANGQ and I ran his Illatian Restaurant  “Nonna’s” on the second floor. Not only were we kicked out with little to no warning, but we made meticulous effort to make sure any and every change we had made to the building had been undone because we did not want Mango’s build to be copied. Especially since we were planning to move the business elsewhere and didn’t want anyone thinking we had ripped off someone else’s build. 

Once we had removed all of our decorations (including but not limited to, grape vines and leaves, changes to the staircase, arches in the room on the ceiling, balcony railing, kitchen counter and floor design, chairs and tables placement, dangling pendant light made with iron bars and andesite walls), we came back online to find that a bunch of those decorations returned to their exact locations and placements. (I have screenshots if you’d like them but that’s not the point of this comment). Obv mango and I didn’t *invent* these designs and ideas but the blocks were placed literally exactly the same way. 

Myself and Mango asked 2 different people who we needed to contact regarding issues with our build being copied and both people said to talk to you. We BOTH messaged you and we BOTH got completely brushed off. You didn’t even bother to clarify or have a conversation with us. You’re literally a staff member and not only did you completely (and rather rudely) brush us off but you didn’t even refer us to someone we could sort the issue out with. 

I ended up asking a friend who has been on lotc far longer than I have to ask if this was regular behaviour coming from you and this was his response:

Screen_Shot_2020-10-10_at_11_56.24_am.thumb.png.1f0acf52d64bf36401364b27fea09679.png

I’m sure his reply is rather telling. 

While I’m sure you love your role and have good intentions, I really don’t think a staff position is appropriate for you 😕

Dont see what this solves. Telanir, everyone thought you were bad when you were CT admin, and the complaints against muffins arent JUST CT related, but very broad and across the board. Making her a more general admin will solve nothing. And you, telanir, need to stick to what you're good at, namely coding and dev work. You arent active enough to be a CT admin.

I just feel like after all the evidence and even the accusations, why should Muffins stay Admin? Even if its just a temp removal. Would you keep your job irl if multiple people are accusing you of being rude or abusing your power? No. 

Hey so, I don’t really have an opinion on the matter but.... @Telanir Max my guy, seems like the community is pretty adamant on what they want out of this situation just based on this. Then again, I don’t have a real opinion on this matter, I just thought I’d bring this up.

6b8b5336f9e73ee9ce65a915559ef0d4.png (on this post) vs. 2737c24febff739c619b6004c95eca2c.png (on Tiger’s report)

Dear LotClers,

don’t you think this is enough now? It makes me really sad, to see a community I am about to join to get so upset, that the members spend hours and hours to write posts after posts..

Of course, there is a problem. An admin whom  most don’t see fit to carry on with her work, an admin who is too detached from the community (as the community claims)  to solve the problem. There may be others reason in addition.

You posted a ton of arguments which proof, that you are right to do so, to ask that this admin should be removed.

On the other side, if you look at the situation from ‚far away‘, from the outside, it looks nevertheless also like bashing one person endlessly, like trying to mob her away.

What would you do in Muffins case? Step down and admit to yourself, that you have lost a battle ? That you failed?  I can imagine, that she might fall in a very deep hole if forced to do so. Do you really want this? Remember, she admitted more than one time, that she did wrong, even if she didn’t address all cases and did not apologise to everyone personally. There are voices, which testified, that she has been helpful. Try to think about a time, where she might have helped you and you forgot about it, because people tend to better remember things which upset them, than nice encounters - because they are the duty of  a staffmember.

I think most of you didn’t deny that she is very dedicated towards the server and that she spent a lot of her time, helping players . That she did wrong in many cases does not take this away.  

You on the other side can’t rightfully bear to have her interacting with players still, somehow, or coming back sooner or later.

I think, it would be very important to find a solution, where both sides don’t loose their face.

I don’t know, how the team is organised, I just write down some ideas which might help to bring this to an end.

- If Muffins is so determined to help the server, maybe she could work in an area, where she has not much interaction with players or other staff?
- Maybe she still can hold the title of an admin, but is suspended for some time, until she has recovered from the turmoil and has somehow proven, that she has changed and can control herself better? And when she comes back, she gets a second chance, but has to step down if she falls back in her old habits? (But, who will decide this?)

- Why not in general, introduce that admins/mods are only allowed to serve for a certain time? Maybe this time could be prolonged through an acclamation/poll by  the playerbasis and the rest of the staff ? So maybe the responsibility towards the players is strengthened?

- Why not introduce somebody who speaks for the playerbase and is chosen by it, who has a say in the team as well, can cast a veto maybe?

There are surely  a lot more ideas to get around this problem, you might find them , if you look for them. Just try to build a bridge!

I hope, I could help you all in some way, I have not slept over it, so if some thoughts seem to you fairly half-baked, forgive me.

~Tirrin~

Is there actually going to be a formal reply from the admins to the backlash this post has gotten? The community is clearly upset with this, or will you throw our feedback aside?

As a community admin you should at least listen to the concerns the community has with this topic and adress them @Telanir, or is this another “feedback noted”?

2 hours ago, Tirrin said:

Dear LotClers,

don’t you think this is enough now? It makes me really sad, to see a community I am about to join to get so upset, that the members spend hours and hours to write posts after posts..

Of course, there is a problem. An admin whom  most don’t see fit to carry on with her work, an admin who is too detached from the community (as the community claims)  to solve the problem. There may be others reason in addition.

You posted a ton of arguments which proof, that you are right to do so, to ask that this admin should be removed.

On the other side, if you look at the situation from ‚far away‘, from the outside, it looks nevertheless also like bashing one person endlessly, like trying to mob her away.

What would you do in Muffins case? Step down and admit to yourself, that you have lost a battle ? That you failed?  I can imagine, that she might fall in a very deep hole if forced to do so. Do you really want this? Remember, she admitted more than one time, that she did wrong, even if she didn’t address all cases and did not apologise to everyone personally. There are voices, which testified, that she has been helpful. Try to think about a time, where she might have helped you and you forgot about it, because people tend to better remember things which upset them, than nice encounters - because they are the duty of  a staffmember.

I think most of you didn’t deny that she is very dedicated towards the server and that she spent a lot of her time, helping players . That she did wrong in many cases does not take this away.  

You on the other side can’t rightfully bear to have her interacting with players still, somehow, or coming back sooner or later.

I think, it would be very important to find a solution, where both sides don’t loose their face.

I don’t know, how the team is organised, I just write down some ideas which might help to bring this to an end.

- If Muffins is so determined to help the server, maybe she could work in an area, where she has not much interaction with players or other staff?
- Maybe she still can hold the title of an admin, but is suspended for some time, until she has recovered from the turmoil and has somehow proven, that she has changed and can control herself better? And when she comes back, she gets a second chance, but has to step down if she falls back in her old habits? (But, who will decide this?)

- Why not in general, introduce that admins/mods are only allowed to serve for a certain time? Maybe this time could be prolonged through an acclamation/poll by  the playerbasis and the rest of the staff ? So maybe the responsibility towards the players is strengthened?

- Why not introduce somebody who speaks for the playerbase and is chosen by it, who has a say in the team as well, can cast a veto maybe?

There are surely  a lot more ideas to get around this problem, you might find them , if you look for them. Just try to build a bridge!

I hope, I could help you all in some way, I have not slept over it, so if some thoughts seem to you fairly half-baked, forgive me.

~Tirrin~

It’s absolutely not enough.

Not only is there the issue of muffins still being an admin despite not being all that fit for the job, there’s the issue of Telanir assuming her responsibilities with the Community Team, as Telanir is well known for not understanding the community.

Folks have a good reason to be mad at this.

Its quite sad to see how someone so blatantly toxic can continue to act as Administrator despite all trust/respect being lost by the community. I’ve seen people be removed from staff for much much less, and this behavior as an admin, or even as a person, is just unacceptable. Muffins has no place on the Administration team if she cannot control her emotions, her biases, or even just give everyone she comes in contact with a shred of respect. I guess this is the state of the Admin Team, huh

On 10/13/2020 at 12:48 PM, LotsOfMuffins said:

Below is a piece of our conversation prior to the above screenshot and a part of the reason we are not friends anymore. The context of this is that I was asked to not be friends with someone, and I refused.

I can’t say without a shadow of a doubt that this was contextualized from IRP events, OOC events or both – because I was around when Trek was dealing with most of the things between he and Muffins – and some of how they got in a rock-and-a-hard-place was due to some roleplay controversy. I don’t care for all the hot-headed dealings happening in LOTC’s upper echelon recently (as I’ve more important things to worry about), but I’d like to try and set some records straight without getting too involved or more misinformation being spread. Below is a screenshot from my DM’s with Trek the day after they ‘went on break’ so to speak.
image.thumb.png.ae0d9d2cca536969c36121f8f9c73dde.png

So, with this, I’d like to give a bit more context in a nutshell:
1. Muffins’ character was friends both oocly and irply with a certain player (who shant be named) from Llyria.

1. This player was stirring trouble for both players and their characters – oocly and irply – people in Fenn and otherwise.
  2. Trek and I were keeping tabs on their interactions.
    1. Since both parties – being Muffins character and this third party were inadvertently on her part but deliberately causing trouble on his, we took actions to try and separate them RPly.

Again, I can’t speak for Trekwars as to the efficacy of his RP/OOC interactions with Muffins, but I’d like to finish this reply by saying that it seems unfair to Trek that she say he ‘asked me not to be friends with someone’ without the context of it having been asked of her in RP, OOC or both. Roleplay should keep to Roleplay and OOC to OOC; but I suppose it’s hard knowing that pretty much everybody takes a cookie from one jar and puts it in the other, so to speak.

I’ll throw my two pence into the mix.

Just remove her from administration, if anything she is more likely to be able to abuse her position and powers now that she is a ‘general’ admin.

When you rock the boat enough it’ll eventually tip, when it tips it’ll eventually sink. Don’t let it sink on the basis of one deranged, mentally unstable individual. (I say that politely)

I’m surprised you haven’t taken the hint from the community already @LotsOfMuffins, they don’t need you, neither do they want you. Save yourself the embarrassment and resign.

Hard to be Community Admin when said community dislikes you.

And as for Muffins and her “mistakes” if a normal player were to do some of the things she did, she and yourself would of banned them without hesitation Telenir.

The amount of people against you speak louder than any words you can ever say Muffins. 

I said this once and I’ll say it again. Shut up.

Nice to see that the comment deleting squad is out in force still to this day. I said that this thread was an interesting read in my last post. It seems perhaps I should go further, so that my comment doesn’t get deleted again.

Muffins let the power go to their head. I said this clearly, especially when I was here before my long term hiatus. The community meetings were whitewashed and avoided any sort of difficult question. They dismissed any sort of critical thinking critiscm with a very rude and aloof behaviour that in my mind does not suit an admin. Especially one with the easiest task on the admin team. Muffins deserves everything that comes to them, and should rightly resign. The boats sailed, you were removed from your position of expertise, and insult to injury, the community hates you.  That much is clear. That’s something difficult to achieve without being a moderation admin or the chairman himself. Congratulations, it’s time to go back to being a player and learn from your mistakes and repair the damage you have done to not only the community, but also your friendships on the server. 

Good luck and god bless.  

cheers,

H