8.0 Settlement Update 2

Laeonathan

D0eZ4_lYaeNxmPppukdcXmuYacehwSbPPwv8V5xB

8.0: Settlements 2

Hello everyone!  I’m Laeonathan, the new Settlement/Nation Manager of the World Team. It’s been a while since our last post but we can finally give you some updates on 8.0 settlements and nations.

The pre-build phase is now over with all builds finished. They are currently being placed into the new map. As soon as that’s done we’ll jump to setting up the paths and roads connecting them. We’d like to thank all the  talented builders from the many nations who put effort into their builds. 

Additional to those settlements who meet the activity requirements, we have accepted the following applications:

Yamakura (Settlement)

Freeport (Settlement) – Dyl#5096

Va'teyatl (Lair) – chaos#7283

They will be able to start building up their settlement as soon as the map starts. There have been twenty applications, but we only accepted these 3 named above and you’re right to wonder why. The main reason groups we passed over is because many of these ideas would be much better served going to players themselves for land instead of relying on the staff for land. We believe it’s better for the server if land is given out by kings, instead of staff. This why we want to encourage everyone who didn’t get a response from us to figure something out with a nation. We know that not everyone will succeed with it. But if we’d be accepting all of the applications, we’d end up with more independent polities then we have average players online.

Here are the 8.0 Nations and their respective leaders:

Aegrothond - wanderous#8112

Druids - Luci#2666

Eternal Uzg - Benjamin Walker#0877

Haelun’or - Pastry#0256

Haense - Bub#9995

Norland - DAENGIE#9198

Oren - dream#9012

Sutica - mika1278#0993

Urguan - Seo#0650

When messaging them with your idea for a settlement, always keep in mind they have an idea for their nation as themselves and that you will have to find a compromise together with them – given they want any vassals.

Nevertheless, lair applications will be opening again as soon as the map releases. If you have a very creative idea, feel free to apply after the release! There’ll be another post regarding the rules for nations/settlements/lairs in 8.0 coming up before launch. But one thing about activity in the first few months can be said already: We will track it, but there won’t be any consequences until the grace period is over so people can get their feet underneath them.

In case you have any questions, ask them! If you don’t want to do that over the forums feel free to message me on discord! (Laeonathan#3614)

Yamakura (Settlement)

Freeport (Settlement)

Va'teyatl (Lair)

Would the leaders of such like to tell us about these, they sound interesting!

Heyo, I’d like to tell some about Va’teyatl

Basically, Va’teyatl is going to start out as lair which will move around on a certain basis. Va’teyatl, although I will probably name it the Teyatl Caravan at first, is a trading outpost in the form of a caravan. The playerbase mostly consists out of Kha but there will be other descendants along the way. It is supposed to start out as a simple trading faction which will travel from point to point. We don’t intend to start out as a fully fledged settlement so I’m pretty happy we got a lair instead.

If we gain enough people and resources I’d like for the caravan to settle down and create a trading outpost and develop over time into a trading-based settlement.  I am still rewriting a more edited version of the Culture which will be the Remnant culture. The premise of this is that the group who follow the culture are upholding an ancient culture that once belonged to solely Kha. This is now to be expanded as the new rewrite gives the Kharajyr a ‘fallen race’ vibe. So, all those who follow it are Remnants of an ancient civilization that are trying to uphold its culture, that overtime has already developed. I intend to write some similarities between Remnant Culture and that of other nations in a way to show how those have influenced an endangered culture. And it shows how nothing can last forever unchanged

Also, Remnants refer to both Kha and Descendants who follow the culture

(I wrote this up pretty quickly. Any questions? :3)

Edited by chaosgamer_

4 minutes ago, chaosgamer_ said:

snip

yo this actually sounds really interesting, good luck man.

1 hour ago, Boniface said:

Never heard of those three places

They are new, that might be it. 😛

4 hours ago, chaosgamer_ said:

Basically, Va’teyatl is going to start out as lair which will move around on a certain basis. Va’teyatl, although I will probably name it the Teyatl Caravan at first, is a trading outpost in the form of a caravan. The playerbase mostly consists out of Kha but there will be other descendants along the way. It is supposed to start out as a simple trading faction which will travel from point to point. We don’t intend to start out as a fully fledged settlement so I’m pretty happy we got a lair instead.

If we gain enough people and resources I’d like for the caravan to settle down and create a trading outpost and develop over time into a trading-based settlement.  I am still rewriting a more edited version of the Culture which will be the Remnant culture. The premise of this is that the group who follow the culture are upholding an ancient culture that once belonged to solely Kha. This is now to be expanded as the new rewrite gives the Kharajyr a ‘fallen race’ vibe. So, all those who follow it are Remnants of an ancient civilization that are trying to uphold its culture, that overtime has already developed. I intend to write some similarities between Remnant Culture and that of other nations in a way to show how those have influenced an endangered culture. And it shows how nothing can last forever unchanged

I love that idea! To see a traveling build, makes me happy.

7 hours ago, chaosgamer_ said:

khajiit has wares if you have coin

Edited by wilhelm

11 hours ago, Noobli said:

Yamakura (Settlement)

Freeport (Settlement)

Va'teyatl (Lair)

Would the leaders of such like to tell us about these, they sound interesting!

I’ll think about it.